E3 2006 -- Official thread!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Nactous
Well, I thought that we should already have a topic about E3 now, instead of having 14 next month. So, we can cover games here. Well, whats everyone looking forward to see there?
Mines KotOR 3! or Halo 3!

SaTsuJiN
World of Warcraft : Burning Crusade... Halo 3 might be interesting depending on what direction they take it... More Nintendo Revolution footage.. Phantasy Star Universe.. more nintendo DS announcements..

also looking for announcements on new fighting games from our favorite franchises from capcom and SNK.. I hope they have Capcom vs SNK 3 or something

Slay
Has it already been a year? blink

Uhhhmmm....

Chicks getting dressed up in skimpy videogame outfits in the Cosplay corner. stick out tongue

El_NINO
Im hoping to see some news on KOTOR 3

LanceWindu
PS3, Revolution news and some new game announcements for 360.

WrathfulDwarf
H A L O 3

nuff said...

General Kaliero
I'll be looking forward to seeing:

More PS3 footage, and hopefully a release date for this year
More Revolution footage and some actual game footage and/or demos, and hopefully a release date this year (not likely) or early next year
New DS games, and a release date for the DS Slim in the US (it could happen)
A release date for FFXII
A release date for an American version of the DS FFIII
A release date for Twilight Princess (also, whether or not this year's TP booth could possibly top last year's)
A release date for The Phantom Hourglass
A few more games that might actually make the 360 worth buying (so far, I've seen one worthy game)

Nactous
I know, a whole year. Time certinaly does fly. Mass Effect looks great.

Smasandian
Anything about the Revolution and PS3.

El_NINO
PS3 will not be shown as live gameplay footage thats for sure. Sony already said they wouldnt do that.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by LanceWindu
PS3, Revolution news and some new game announcements for 360. yes

Fierce Deity
Duh, Twilight Princess!

Scorpion_Master
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
World of Warcraft : Burning Crusade... Halo 3 might be interesting depending on what direction they take it... More Nintendo Revolution footage.. Phantasy Star Universe.. more nintendo DS announcements..

also looking for announcements on new fighting games from our favorite franchises from capcom and SNK.. I hope they have Capcom vs SNK 3 or something SaTsuJiN you are a guy with the same taste as me thumb up big grin

Spartan005
I hope the rumors are true and they'll show gameplay footage of Halo 3 at E3

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

also looking for announcements on new fighting games from our favorite franchises from capcom and SNK.. I hope they have Capcom vs SNK 3 or something

^What he said^

AstroFan
Revolution Revolution Revolution

and some cool 360 stuff. stick out tongue

BackFire
Rumor has it that they'll be displaying FF13 for the PS3.

Nactous
Want to see KotOR 3.

DWBH
looking forward to ps3 and revolution info.

JKozzy
Originally posted by BackFire
Rumor has it that they'll be displaying FF13 for the PS3.
That's a good rumor. Funny, as they'll also be showing stuff for FFXII for the PS2... but then again, XIII probably won't be out for quite awhile.

Maybe they'll announce more info on the FFVII franchises, Before Crisis, Crisis Core, and possibly news on the remake (yes/no) etc.

Jedi Shmedi
Well you probably won't see any "Halo 3" footage, apparently that's not even the game's current title, atm it's called "Forerunner" obviously named after the ships from Halo 2. Although it may eventually be called Halo 3: Forerunner or just Forerunner, but that's it's title right now.

Personally, I'm looking forward to more news about Age of Conan and WoW: The Burning Crusade, PC wise anyway. Console wise, Resident Evil 5, Superman Returns, TLoZ: Twilight Princess & Phantom Hourglass, Killzone 2, Call of Duty 3 (confirmed to be hopefully ready for the PS3's target launch period of early November 2006) and Medal of Honor: Airborne.

Oh, and Stranglehold big grin

I could name a few more but, yeah lol.

JKozzy
Pretty sure Forerunner is its codename, like Dolphin was for the Gamecube...

And it's possible to see a teaser trailer or something for Halo 3... I mean, they were working on it before Halo 2 was out, and that was almost two years ago. They should be able to have something. If they do, people may see, "Wow! I need to get this. Let me go get a 360 now!"

BackFire
I'm pretty sure they'll show something from Halo 3. They're starting to up the 360 production, meaning that there will be a larger amount available from now on to meet demand, this may have something to do with them planning on showing Halo 3 in order to sell more 360's for people who respond to seeing a trailer in the way Jkozzy mentioned.

SaTsuJiN
http://www.gameshout.com/news/ nintendo_revolution_red_steel_release_for_revoluti
on_console/article4745.htm

I'm also looking forward to Red Steel for the revolution smile

Scorpion_Master
I want to see more Metroid prime 3 yes

Nactous
Gears of War

scoobym
Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, and KOTOR3 - hopefully

WrathfulDwarf
Here is my theory (which I came up with this morning as I was driving to work) Maybe we migh see a teaser trailer of Halo 3. Bungie will begin working on the game this summer...but it won't be finish anywhere in 2007. Instead these sneaky bastards will delay the game till 2008. Which will be around the time when the infamous Halo:The Movie gets released. Now this is only a theory and is basically like this:

E3 2006: Halo 3 Teaser trailer
E3 2007: Halo 3 Final Trailer
2008: Halo 3 the game gets released.

E3 2008: Everyone goes out and buys sandwhiches and soda to celebrate.....YEAH!

Nactous

Nactous
Originally posted by scoobym
Devil May Cry 4, Metal Gear Solid 4, and KOTOR3 - hopefully
YEAH BROTHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!

Refused
Revolution.

DarkC

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by DarkC
If they name the third Halo "Forerunner", I'll lose all respect I have for Bungie. laughing out loud

El_NINO
I have a feeling that PS3 will be unveiling a new controller.

JKozzy
Feeling? They already announced they are....

sully_2u
it'll be interesting to see how the ps3 looks in gameplay, some Metroid prime 3 and possibly some Super Smash Bros 3 hopefully

AstroFan

IcePunk
Originally posted by JKozzy
Feeling? They already announced they are....
Yeah loooooooooooong ago

Nactous
Originally posted by AstroFan
Bullshit. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Just the name Halo will make it sell millions of copies, especially if the movie hype has kicked in by release.
New Sig eh?

El_NINO
Has anyone seen the new GUNDAM game for XBOX360 droolio

That is looking great

Mišt
Unless its a new Star Wars game other than KOTOR, I dont care anymore about E3...my highlight for the last 3 years has been ES:IV but now I dont need itdroolio

Nactous
Here, here.

Nactous
6 days!!!!!!!!!

Morridini
So are anyone going? And is it open forpublic any of teh days, or only the "press"?

Nactous
I think its only open to the first 200 public people.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by Morridini
So are anyone going? And is it open forpublic any of teh days, or only the "press"?

It's not open to the public. You must be affiliated to the interactive entertainment industry (whatever the hell that means) And just like any other event you must registre in advance.

DarkC
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
It's not open to the public. You must be affiliated to the interactive entertainment industry (whatever the hell that means) And just like any other event you must registre in advance.
It means that you need to be part of something like a Gaming Mag, for example. Producers and the like. Possibly celebrities.

LanceWindu

Umm...then how do people buy tickets to go to E3? confused

BackFire
They lie.

People can pay for tickets by saying their in the industry.

Also people who work at Gamestop and stuff can go, my friends who work at Gamestop and I were going to go this year but they never did the necessary paper work or whatever.

Lana
As E3 is in a three days, I am stickying this thread and making it official. All E3 discussion goes here, and any other E3-related threads WILL be closed.

darth_royke
i'm really looking forward to this e3 probably more than any other.

anyone have any ideas as to what the second secret for the Wii is?mabe it makes mario patterend toast? thats even more reason to buy one! i cant wait to see some clips of the Wii in action red steel sounds pretty good.

i want a full song listing for guitar hero 2, the first one was amazing.

also looking forward to seeing more of the new dawn of war game/expansion. tyranids and tau added as full races. the traikler i've seen looks amazing

JKozzy
E3 in 3 droolio

El_NINO
Gamespot is having live E3 coverage and also G4 TECH TV is having live coverage of the show, you bet ya Im going to watch it. big grin

SONY is having their press conference today Monday May 8 at 4pm

Nactous
Tommorrow, tommorrow, E3 is tommorrow, its only a day away.

LanceWindu
Originally posted by El_NINO
Gamespot is having live E3 coverage and also G4 TECH TV is having live coverage of the show, you bet ya Im going to watch it. big grin

SONY is having their press conference today Monday May 8 at 4pm

I'm already at Gamespot, waiting for the press conference. Just over 3 hours...

H. S. 6
I'd be willing to bet on one thing:

Nintendo will have "Wii" plastered everywhere. They're going to be shoving the name down people's throats every chance they get. erm

El_NINO
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I'd be willing to bet on one thing:

Nintendo will have "Wii" plastered everywhere. They're going to be shoving the name down people's throats every chance they get. erm

Wii is going to unviel an exclusive Star Wars game as a launch title, I want to see that.

Cant wait to see what SONY has to show. eek!

LanceWindu
Wii is going to unviel an exclusive Star Wars game as a launch title, I want to see that.

Cant wait to see what SONY has to show. eek!

Gah, another Rogue Squadron game I bet. erm I want more ground combat, Jedi combat stuff. They need to make use of that damn control and let you wave it around like a lightsaber. smokin'

I know this...they will debut the redesigned control today. eek!

El_NINO
Oh I forgot to mention that SONY will be unveiling thier re-designed controller at the press conference.

LanceWindu
Oh I forgot to mention that SONY will be unveiling thier re-designed controller at the press conference.

Which I already said. stick out tongue

El_NINO
Which I already said. stick out tongue wink

BackFire
Final Fantasy XIII was just announced.

Lana
Damn.

Any mention or anything of concept art?

BackFire
They showed a video of it.

Expect screens to be posted on gaming websites over the next couple of days.

EDIT: Nevermind, screens are already up. http://www.gamespot.com/ps3/rpg/finalfantasy13/screenindex.html?sid=6149455

The most exciting thing about the game is it's being developed by the FFX team.

Lana
Neat...those caps remind me of a meld of FFX-2 and FFXII.

Not caring for the blank expression on her face though stick out tongue

BackFire
It also may be out sonner than later, it was originally being programmed for the PS2, but then they moved up to the PS3 during development, which means that they were originally planning to release it sometime before PS2's death, which isn't too far off. I wouldn't be surprised if this is released next year sometime. I just hope the PS3 doesn't cost me my soul, ****ing thing is going to be expensive.

Lana
Bah. I've been saying I won't get a PS3 until there's a Final Fantasy for it....figuring that'd be 2-3 years off. Looks like that's going to be much sooner than expected.

BackFire
Yep, I was planning on doing the same thing.

WrathfulDwarf
Any news on Halo 3?

Umm...then how do people buy tickets to go to E3? confused

I have no idea. When I try to get tickets I was turn down. Oh well....G4 is my only ticket.

BackFire
Nope, the MS press conference is tomorrow, might be some info then.

WrathfulDwarf
How about Gears of War?

LanceWindu
Any news on Halo 3?

I have no idea. When I try to get tickets I was turn down. Oh well....G4 is my only ticket.

Gamespot is streaming the Sony Press Conference right now, but so far it's 35 minutes late and still no time when we know it will begin. ****ing Sony and PS3...always run into delays.

BackFire
How about Gears of War?

Nope, probably tomorrow as well.

LanceWindu
PS3 control is Dual Shock 3, looks like the same ole PS control, but wireless and has a USB hub. It also features 6 degrees of motion. Motion sensored baby, kinda like Wii, but different.

DanZeke25
PS3 $600. face-plain

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705838p1.html

And $65 games. face-plain

face-plainface-plainface-plainface-plainface-plain

WrathfulDwarf
*runs back to hug Xbox 360*

Hmm...maybe Wii isn't sucha a bad idea...

JKozzy
Originally posted by DanZeke25
PS3 $600.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/705/705838p1.html

And $65 games.

And FF13....

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4802/finalfantasyxiii20060508032943.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8199/finalfantasyxiii20060508032944.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2034/finalfantasyxiii20060508032945.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/581/finalfantasyversusxiii20060508.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7067/finalfantasyversusxiii20060509.jpg

droolio

DanZeke25
And FF13....

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/4802/finalfantasyxiii20060508032943.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/8199/finalfantasyxiii20060508032944.jpg

http://img261.imageshack.us/img261/2034/finalfantasyxiii20060508032945.jpg

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/581/finalfantasyversusxiii20060508.jpg
http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/7067/finalfantasyversusxiii20060509.jpg

droolio

Yes but not worth $665.

JKozzy
Yes but not worth $665. Many, many people would beg to differ.

DanZeke25
Many, many people would beg to differ.

I know, but many other people will beg to differ with their beg to differ.

Did that make sence?

I just think its EXTRA RETARDED to pay $600 for a video game system. Espicially if the only game you want to play is FF13.

JKozzy
You don't HAVE to get the $599 system to play the game, if someone's concerned about the money they can get the $499 and save a hundred bucks. I'd gladly pay the $499 for a PS3 over $399 for a 360.

LanceWindu
Many, many people would beg to differ.

*doesn't*

Can you say Pre-Rendered? I see one pic there that looks like it might be actual gameplay.

They will have a few good games, but not worth justifying $600 of my money for. Even with the Blu-Ray DVD (which isn't needed yet IMO), my money is going to 360 and Wii.

DanZeke25
You don't HAVE to get the $599 system to play the game, if someone's concerned about the money they can get the $499 and save a hundred bucks. I'd gladly pay the $499 for a PS3 over $399 for a 360.

True.

But 360 has more games that I would play. I've never played a FF, and it's a little to late to start. I don't play video games a whole lot anyway, so $600/$500 is out of the question.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v606/rubycalaber/Gifs/no.gif laughing

JKozzy
True.

But 360 has more games that I would play. I've never played a FF, and it's a little to late to start. I don't play video games a whole lot anyway, so $600/$500 is out of the question.
See, I'm the opposite. Absolutley nothing has appealed to me on the 360 thus far, and plenty of PS3 titles have captured my interest. It would be worth my money to get that rather than getting the 360, a system that I have no interest in.

Lana
True.

There's only two games I've seen yet for 360 that I have ANY interest in whatsoever and it's been out months.

Already there's info on my favorite game system that'll be on PS3.

Personally I'd probably go for the cheaper PS3 but I've been saying all along that once an FF is released on it I will get one.

And that might not end up being the final price. As I remember the 360's price fluctuated quite a bit. The PS3's might go down a bit before it's released.

BackFire
Don't forget that it hasn't been ruled that that Square might bring FFXIII to the 360, since they've had a falling out of sorts with Sony.

The PS3 won't go down, $500 is lower than I was expecting, considering it has a Blue Ray Drive which by itself costs upwards of several hundren dollars. Even at 500 sony is losing a large chunk of money on each system. Price won't be dropping.

The only games that initially interest me for the PS3 is FFXIII and Metal Gear, and Gran Turismo, which I can live without since Forza Motorsport will be coming to the 360, which is basically the same game. 360's already got two outstanding games and a few more coming out by the end of the year that I'm really excited about.

Nactous
Schools blocked all game websites, any KotOR 3???

Nactous
Nactous here again, this is actually a close friend of Nactous on his account at school and we are drooling over the ps3 " in game " graphics...I personaly think everyone of them is a pre-render...or at least I hope. Tell me what you all think and will you purchase one with a hefty 599$ dollar price tag? Let us know something

Ritoshi
Don't forget that it hasn't been ruled that that Square might bring FFXIII to the 360, since they've had a falling out of sorts with Sony.

The PS3 won't go down, $500 is lower than I was expecting, considering it has a Blue Ray Drive which by itself costs upwards of several hundren dollars. Even at 500 sony is losing a large chunk of money on each system. Price won't be dropping.

The only games that initially interest me for the PS3 is FFXIII and Metal Gear, and Gran Turismo, which I can live without since Forza Motorsport will be coming to the 360, which is basically the same game. 360's already got two outstanding games and a few more coming out by the end of the year that I'm really excited about.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/705/705734p1.html

Nactous
Yes be that as it may with Blue ray technology and all...I am by no means a Sony fan, but it must be said people the world over are going to flip out over these new ps3 releases...not to mention what Sony has up their sleeve at this years E3 comming up very soon, today i think on G4 from 6-9.

But anyways the ps3 as you know has dual high end graphics cards that were originally priced at nearly 500$ dollars themselves but since has been down graded...the biggest advantage ps3 has over 360 is Blue ray technology and early popular launch titles ( which is to be expected as Sony are marketing masters no doubt about it ) these things alone are going to jump Sony to the top of the console race...but Im pulling for Microsoft 150%

If theres much im over looking ( which there very well is ) then someone reply and let me know, im very interested in this topic today...E3's got the best of me you could say

Ritoshi
Oh people decided that PS3 wins before ps2 came out lol....Biased I am afraid... *Gets Nintendo*

If someone would kindly List all only Ps3,360, and Wii games that they heard of then I could decide!

Nactous
They real Nac is back, any KotOR 3 yet?

LanceWindu
Nintendo Wii, released in 4th quarter 2006, no specific date announced and no price announced as of yet.

I would say they had a nice showing at the press conference, but I can't really say more than that without getting my hands on a control and actually playing.

The graphics are significantly less flashy than PS3/360, but that doesn't matter.

El_NINO
http://ps3price.ytmnd.com/

This pretty much sums what I was thinking. (Caution: theres swearing in this)

WrathfulDwarf
Holy Friggin Hypocrisy Batman!

Nactous
Theres a second Nac around.

Nactous
I am guessing a 200 price for the Wii.

Nactous
Nac's friend is back and what is the holy freakin batman thing? the school has blocked most sites. But anywho a message from the real Nac...he wants to know about any KotoR 3 findings? lemme know what you know.

And also how do you all feel about the Wii the real underdog in the console race...no doubtadly much less in price...will you all buy one...i think me and the real Nac are going to put down a 50$ down payment real soon.

Nactous
I can post, what I want. Lucas.

Nactous
Can you all tell the difference between the real Nac and the imposter Nac???

Fierce Deity
Could be, but I do know that the PS3 is going to have a $600 price tag... and I've said it before and I'll say it again PLAYSTATION SUCKS!

Nactous
Woot Deity I sooo agree
Anyone else side with the microsoft and nintendo fans??

Nactous
2 Nacs, one User name, Capin Rex would go wild.

Fierce Deity
Don't forget USH!

Nactous
They dont suck as bad as Zelda.

El_NINO
Originally posted by Fierce Deity
Could be, but I do know that the PS3 is going to have a $600 price tag... and I've said it before and I'll say it again PLAYSTATION SUCKS!

Did you even watch the press conference? SONY already gave the final price for North America.

Nactous
Don't forget USH!
WHO DO YOU THINK jAC.

Nactous
Now, Halo 3?

Fierce Deity
Did you even watch the press conference? SONY already gave the final price for North America.

Yea, I know... $600

Originally posted by Nactous
They dont suck as bad as Zelda.

WHAT?! mad... and who's they?

Nactous
Sup, Jac. You know who this is?

Nactous
$600, what a rip-off.

Nactous
yea im with nac a rip off for a system not worth it anywayz

Nactous
Damn it Wind Dancer, whats the news?

Fierce Deity
Sup, Jac. You know who this is?

I honastally have no Idea... Nac you & Lucas have me completely confused as to who I am talking to...

WrathfulDwarf
Uh.... what the hell with multiple posts Nactous?

Nactous
Hey, where is the game list thus far.

Nactous
this is lucas...the imposter nac

Nactous
Uh.... what the hell with multiple posts Nactous?
I tell you, two people, on the same account.

Nactous
theres 2 nacs man get with it

Fierce Deity
Yea... so what does happen if Rex and/or ush come in?

Nactous
And this is the true Nac, so, take any KotOR posts, and consider them mine.

Nactous
When is Microsofts press confrence.

Nactous
Well soon i the imposter...Lucas will have my own accout prolly today be sure and find me the name will be Ares

Nactous
Consider this a test run for a potential new member.

WrathfulDwarf
I tell you, two people, on the same account.

Well, the two of you knock it off. Concentrate your ideas into a single post and no more multiple posts.

Fierce Deity
this is for the real Nac: Have you been to my bar lately?

Nactous
Well, its two different computers.

Nactous
this is for the real Nac: Have you been to my bar lately?
I just posted their.

Nactous
hey superman chill out a couple more posts wont kill you

Fierce Deity
Well, its two different computers.

What? that's not possible... is it?

Nactous
Yes, it is.

Fierce Deity
Yes, it is.

crazyAGGH!!! I'M SO CONFUSED!!!

Fierce Deity
Well, as you probably know nac... and nac, the bell is going to ring... so bye

LanceWindu
What? that's not possible... is it?

yes

I've been logged into KMC on multiple computers before.

Zen2nd
I think $600 is a fine price for the PS3. Remember you are buying something that is nearly twice as powerful as the 360. If you don't like it stop moaning and buy something else.

WrathfulDwarf
Yeah, stop moaning with that price tag...I mean you can really upgrade your PC to the max with all that money. Isn't that what everyone was saying when the price of the 360 was released?

forumcrew
Playstation was just owned by microsoft.

Major announcement about one of greatest franchsies of all time." Says its so exciting that he has to take his shirt off. Shows Halo 2 tatto--GRAND THEFT AUTO IV tatoo on other arm. Grand Theft Auto IV October 16 to Xbox 360 ONLY.

BackFire
Whoa, that is a huge surprise.

Lana
Shit.

I sure as hell didn't see that one coming.

My brother is NOT going to be happy.

LanceWindu
God damn Gamespot...mad

The Microsoft press conference is on an hour and a half tape delay for non-subscribers. roll eyes (sarcastic)

At least I got to see Sony and Nintendo's conferences live.

BackFire
The new Mario and Metroid look awesome!

H. S. 6
*doesn't*

Can you say Pre-Rendered? I see one pic there that looks like it might be actual gameplay.

They will have a few good games, but not worth justifying $600 of my money for. Even with the Blu-Ray DVD (which isn't needed yet IMO), my money is going to 360 and Wii.

Agreed, 100%

LanceWindu
The new Mario and Metroid look awesome!

The Mario one looks a little odd, just like Mario Sunshine (which I hated)...but thankfully it's more like Mario 64, so I'll probably pick it up.

BackFire
How does it look like Sunshine? There's no water squirter thingy in this one, looks like oldschool Mario 64 style with better graphics.

H. S. 6
Anybody have a link for the videos?

Lana
Mario 64 is one of the best games ever made, IMO. It NEVER got boring for me.

H. S. 6
Mario 64 was teh r0xxors, along with Ocarina of Time.

Aah, the 64 Glory Days...

Refused
http://www.nintendo.co.jp/n10/e3_2006/wii/movie_software.html

The footage of Mario Galaxy made me cry. I'm so getting it.

LanceWindu
How does it look like Sunshine? There's no water squirter thingy in this one, looks like oldschool Mario 64 style with better graphics.

Umm...walking upside down on floating platforms, weird enemies who you have to throw things at to defeat them...

BackFire
Throwing things has always been a part of Mario.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>