Batman vs. Dr.Doom with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tallis
Batman and DD meet and sit down together and play a game of chess, which one will be able to out wit the other and call for the final check mate

Thunderstrike
Doom. Better tactician. He could win the whole game in his mind. Check the Reed richards respect thread.

bats2jm
they r both good but dd has been know to F**** things up i say batman

batdude123
Batman. While Dr. Doom may be a better SCIENTIFIC mind, Batman is a better deductive reasoner and would win this chess match.

Thunderstrike
Doom is a better deductive reasoner too. Check the Mr. Fantastic respect thread. The guy plays chess in his head. Doesn't need a board.

batdude123
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Doom is a better deductive reasoner too. Check the Mr. Fantastic respect thread. The guy plays chess in his head. Doesn't need a board.

Batman has spent what, like 20 years of his life being the greatest detective on DC earth? Batman has MUCH better deductive reasoning skills while I think Dr. Doom's INductive reasoning skills are better. Could really go either way but I'm gonna say Batman because of his deductive mind.

brainchild81
DOOM

batdude123
BATMAN!

TheKahn
Well, to determine a winner here I think you have to look carefully at the two individuals and their mindsets. While it is true that Batman has a brilliant mind and his powers of deduction and observation are quite impressive, we must keep in mind that he does not and has never devoted his mind to intellectual pursuits in their own right. They have always been just a means to an end for Batman, and given the numerous other subjects and activities he has needed to devote his time to I honestly doubt that he has had much time in his life to play chess, an activity I think he would most likely consider a waste of time. I would imagine that his deductive skills and intellect would make him far better than the average player but not a master of the game.

Dr. Doom is another story. He is, among other things, a man to whom pride, ego, and vanity rank as high as world domination. While running his own country and attempting to periodically take over the world must consume a part of his daily schedule, I see him as having a considerable amount of time he can spend in whatever means he wishes (no never ending struggle against evil for him). With him intellectual pursuits can be entertained to either increase he knowledge in a given area for future use or just to placate his own ego. And that is where chess comes in. As the game of chess is held by many to be a sign of one's intelligence, I imagine Doom has spend considerable time and effort to not only be good at the game, but to master it.

Given all of that I say Dr. Dooms wins 7/10 with Batman forcing a draw for the other 3.

Thunderstrike
Kahn, you are the man when it comes to debates, I must say.

TheKahn
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Kahn, you are the man when it comes to debates, I must say.

Spetznaz and Mindship are my patron saints. I'm still left in awe by some of their posts. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.