Cannonball vs. Colossus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wonder Man
taking bets...

bitca730
I don''t know...I'll reserve my vote for now...sorry if this is a waste of a response but nice match-up...

golem370
If Cannonball can hurt Gladiator then he could hurt and maybe beat colossus

Longinus
what makes this guy Cannonball so powerful that he would be able to beat Colossus and hurt Gladiator? What are his powers?

golem370
Cannonball has the mutant ability to generate a "blast field," which he can use to propel himself and others at great heights and speeds with considerable maneuverability. While in his blast field, he is completely invulnerable to physical harm, allowing him like his namesake, to cause significant damage and destruction as a kinetic projectile. He has also learned how to channel this energy into his ability to deliver powerful punches into objects. His power levels have varied over the years - but at his peak, he has been able to defeat Shi'ar Imperial Guardsman, Gladiator and devastate several city blocks by plummetting to the ground from high altitude. It has been theorised that Cannonball may be one of the Externals, and therefore immortal (although evidence for this is somewhat questionable).

golem370
http://spider-bob.com/heroes/marvel/CannonballII.htm & http://www.mutanthigh.com/cannonball.html

Longinus
so basically the guy is like a ricocheting bullet who is unable to be harmed when using his powers because of a force field. So bascially no matter what Colossus does Cannonball can't be harmed, so whats the point of Colossus even fighting him. Colossus loses.

snoopdogg
Colossus and him crossed paths one time. It wasn't much of a brawl but Colossus did knock him down during flight.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ColossusfloorinCannonball.jpg

AJ4LIFE
why do u put canonball in unfor mathces he speedblitzs them

Dynamic One
If colossus is able to qrab him he can win in the AOA anniversary maqneto rolled metal junk aroun cannonball even thouqh he was still invulnerable he nevertheless was unable to escape and was crushed when he qrew tired so if the metal man is able to put him in a choker til cannonball runs out of steam he can have a chance to win

soujaboy09
I think Colossus will win this due to the fact that Cannonball will feel fatigue before Colossus will.

Psyquis52
I disagree. I think Cannonball wins this all the way.

Metalmanx
Originally posted by soujaboy09
I think Colossus will win this due to the fact that Cannonball will feel fatigue before Colossus will.

Agreed. And there's really nothing Cannonball can do to hurt Colossus. While Colossus, on the other hand, has the potential to catch CB off guard and break him.

The Fake Macoy
I don't see how Cannonball can do much damage to Colossus either, and can't Colossus thunderclap?

Khellendros
Man, this can go either way. Cannonball has gotten a lot better with his powers since they last met. But Colossus is just as skilled a fighter as ever. I give it an even split. Half the time, Cannonball is able to stay out of the russian's grip and pound him down, half the time Colossus grabs him in a bear hug or waits for him to run out of energy.

Xplosive
I think Cannonball should win this fight.

DarkCrawler
Cannonball learned a lot of new shit in X-Factor series...but it's not like Colossus is a Noob either, he showed tactical skills when he owned New X-Men...

Edge to Colossus...6/10.

grey fox
I believe this image just about defines the whole thread.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/ColossusfloorinCannonball.jpg

Dynamic One
No it doesn't that image is of an younger CB with only a child's grasp of his powers. Since then he's older powers have matured and he has more experience.

soujaboy09
So have Colossus's, I mean that fight is when Colossus was younger. Now Colossus is stronger, more durable, and a better fighter.

The Fake Macoy
I think this may be a fight that's a little too hard to judge.

guy222
piotr

DickBlazer
colossus 3 out of 4

Scoobless
Cannonballs ftw.

Bentley
Cannonball dominates.

the ninjak
An interesting fight. Sam is awesome. But I just can't see either taking the other out.

ColossusGrundy
Not much Cannonball can do to hurt Piotr.

Colossus 10/10

juggernaut74
Sam took Glads on. What is big C gonna do?

rotiart
At best showings for both Cannonball wins...
Average showings for both colossus edges more often then not

colossulrage
i think current colossus has the slightest of edge in this fight

carver9
Cannonball using his powers to the best of their abilities, Colossus gets mauled in no time at all. If Cannonball used his powers to the best of their abilities, I could see him defeating Heralds.

Average Cannonball, split.

rotiart
Originally posted by carver9
Cannonball using his powers to the best of their abilities, Colossus gets mauled in no time at all. If Cannonball used his powers to the best of their abilities, I could see him defeating Heralds.

Average Cannonball, split.

I don't understand the argument about colossus having gotten stronger with age... So what? It didn't make his powers more diverse. Cannonball over time actually learned new tricks and like you said would win based upon higher end showings.

Sadly at average showings even a younger colossus would probably win

guy222
anxious to see piotr with his powerset

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.