Zeus vs. Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
I seen a comic with Thanos going up against Odin. Odin used perhaps not alot but a considerable amt. of power against Thanos. The line i remember from the comic in that fight scene is when Odin says,

Odin: Do you yield?
Thanos: No

Anyway who wins

olympian
Zeuuus.

ALEMASTER
zzeus would take it after a long match

golem370
Thanos

Crease
Stalemate...just like with Odin.

roughrider
Thanos never got the better of Odin; he was hanging on by his fingernails.
Zeus wins.

thesilverspider
Bah Thanos is much stronger then he was in the Odin fight and if this is in neutral ground Thanos could win a few.

BobbyD
No, w/o the aid of the IG or HOTU, Thanos can not, I repeat cannot beat Zeus....unless Zeus is being distracted by one of his ho's. stick out tongue

In the fight against Odin, Odin was not going "full-out".

thesilverspider
Originally posted by BobbyD
No, w/o the aid of the IG or HOTU, Thanos can not, I repeat cannot beat Zeus....unless Zeus is being distracted by one of his ho's. stick out tongue

In the fight against Odin, Odin was not going "full-out".
You must of not read my post
Thanos has gotten stronger since then.
The fight was in asgard Odin gets a boost there/I'm pretty sure it's the same with zues and olympus.Thanos could win a few.

golem370
He also had the staff

vold
thanos fanboys are worse than wolverine fanboys

Mider
yeah and how much power does thanos have now? i mean feats please id like some feats to back up this accusation that he would win against a skyfather.

the Darkone
Thanos is more powerful than before after he fought Odin, even Odin stated that Thanos can tap into limitless source of power as himself. Odin was surprise how powerful thanos was, even adam warlock stated that thanos has never truly shown his true might, shows that Thanos to holds back and a battle with Odin wasn't his true attentions. If Thanos held his own against a skyfather, he can truly own his own against the Zeus. If this is on neutral battle filed thanos can win maybe half the battles, since he's gotten anther uprage from Death. This would be battle worth seeing.

It's 50/50 out of Olympus
In Olympus it's in Zeus favor.

golem370
Well he was able to learned of the Galaxy parasite Hunger even before Galactus did. Thanos- After the events of "Marvel: The End" there is some evidence to suggest that Thanos used the last dregs of his omnipotence to further augment and hone his powers. He openly admitted to Warlock that he did indeed grant himself some "life-assuring wishes", including the restoration of his shattered armada of powerful starships. The greatest evidence for his boosted power can be found in issue #5 of his own series, when he unleashes a blast of energy capable of knocking Galactus through the hull of the World-Devourer's starship and several-hundred meters through the air beyond. Though the blast didn't actually harm Galactus, it was an impressive feat nonetheless. Later on in his own series he also defeats the mortal-incarnation of The Beyonder, and goes on to defeat the first herald of Galactus, a being known only as the Fallen One.

In issue #7 of the Thanos series, the Titan also displays the ability to levitate when he strides through empty air to cross between two corridors on the Kyln facility. I must also point out that the high-level Thanos duplicate seen in the pages of "The Mighty Thor" a few years back also displayed this ability. Later on in that very same issue he uses his cosmic powers to heal an injured Cleric, which is something I have never seen him do. In issue #10 he attacks the Beyonder (mentioned above) with a two-pronged mental/physical assault, and succeeds in destroying her mind. This is a throwback to the potent Psionic powers he displayed years ago during the cosmic cube affair.

Lastly, in issue #12, Thanos brainwashes the defeated Fallen One in order to make him his herald. It is unclear what method the Titan used to accomplish this, but it seems that he may have restructured the Fallen One's brain at the cellular level rather than using Psionics. Since he later said that the Fallen One would have no choice but to serve him, it seems likely that he used his matter manipulation powers, ensuring a permanent personality-change. If this is the case, this displays an ability to use his powers in a very precise and delicate manner.

&

While there is no real proof to back this claim, evidence suggests that Thanos is at least the equal of any herald of Galactus, and is likely just a notch below a Skyfather ( Such as Odin and Zeus ) in terms of sheer power

&

Thanos is obviously able to utilize vast quantities of cosmic energy for destructive force. All cosmic Eternals can do this in one form or another, but Thanos has developed this ability in the extreme. Perhaps the only Eternal who could have rivaled him in this regard was Zuras, who was a level 5 on the five level Eternal adept scales. Zuras' ability to manipulate cosmic energy was so powerful, he once battled Zeus, chief of the Olympian Gods, to a standstill.

Thanos has displayed great versatility in the use of his energy projection powers. Not only is he able to project energy as a concussive force, but he's also able to use the energy to form force-shields, concussion waves, gamma radiation bursts, infrared heat-beams, and disruptor beams. His chief uses of the cosmic energy he draws upon are in the forms of disruptor beams from his eyes, and concussion blasts from his hands.

Soleran
I have a better chance of beating Squirrel Girl then Thanos does beating Zues wink

golem370
Thanos would take Zeus to his limit

thesilverspider
Originally posted by vold
Are you serious I'm a fanboy because I said that Thanos can win a few I didn't say the majority or a curbstomp I said a few.confused
Originally posted by Mider
yeah and how much power does thanos have now? i mean feats please id like some feats to back up this accusation that he would win against a skyfather.
Guy you know nothing you ask for feats cause you know nothing.Almost in every thread you post you ask "who's that" "what does he do" " what has he done" etc.Then you just repeat what others posted to make yourself look smart when you really aren't

the Darkone
Originally posted by thesilverspider
Are you serious I'm a fanboy because I said that Thanos can win a few I didn't say the majority or a curbstomp I said a few.confused

Guy you know nothing you ask for feats cause you know nothing.Almost in every thread you post you ask "who's that" "what does he do" " what has he done" etc.Then you just repeat what others posted to make yourself look smart when you really aren't

thumb up exactly, I don't think he owns any comics at all. He does this almost every thread.

Crease
There is no such thing as a Thanos fanboy. This guy is sooooooo badass it's stupid, and with prep NOTHING is beyond his grasp. Thanos is the reason we say "Fill in the blank" is skyfather level, or even use skyfathers as measuring sticks for power. Before his fight with Odin the term skyfather meant a lot less than it does now. Once we saw a skyfather could beat up on The Mad Titan that instantly made them the shiznit.

Someone would have to claim Thanos could beat an abstract w/o prep to even be approaching fanboyism with this dude.

Darth Kal-El
Zeus after an eternity of fighting.

olympian
"Stalemate...just like with Odin."

Helding your own doesnt make it a stalemate.

Crease
Originally posted by olympian
"Stalemate...just like with Odin."

Helding your own doesnt make it a stalemate.

When 2 combatants go at it and neither kills, KO's, renders the other unconcious, or is able to remove the other from the field of battle whether it be by teleportation, banishment to another realm, etc, I would consider that a stalemate.

If what you're getting at is that Odin did more damage than Thanos, you are right. Odin knocked The Mad Titan down, and maybe tore his clothes a little.

Neither participant went all out, but Odin did have his spear...or maybe it was his scepter...I'm leaving work as we speak so I'll run home and check it out but my point is he had something to channel his power. Thanos of Titan did not.

roughrider
Originally posted by the Darkone
Thanos is more powerful than before after he fought Odin, even Odin stated that Thanos can tap into limitless source of power as himself. Odin was surprise how powerful thanos was, even adam warlock stated that thanos has never truly shown his true might, shows that Thanos to holds back and a battle with Odin wasn't his true attentions. If Thanos held his own against a skyfather, he can truly own his own against the Zeus. If this is on neutral battle filed thanos can win maybe half the battles, since he's gotten anther uprage from Death. This would be battle worth seeing.

It's 50/50 out of Olympus
In Olympus it's in Zeus favor.

Except, Thanos was the one who looked like he had been run over by two locomotives by the end; Odin wasn't even breathing hard, and complemented Thanos on a great match. I give Thanos props for refusing to surrender and wishing to continue, but even Rocky refused to go down first time around against Apollo Creed, even though Creed was working him over badly. Just because someone continues to hang around in a fight doesn't mean they were ever winning, or even stalemating. Thanos is one of the most powerful cosmic beings, yet he is just below Skyfather level. I believe a fight with Zeus would go much the same.

soujaboy09
I dont consider Zues to be as strong as Odin, but I may be wrong.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by soujaboy09
I dont consider Zues to be as strong as Odin, but I may be wrong.
I think that they might be around the same power level but Odin has more feats.

roughrider
Zeus and Odin may have differences in tapping their power. In Asgard, Odin speaks of being able to call all the energies of the Nine worlds - as the universe is conceived in their realm/pocket dimension - for his use if neccessary. How Zeus derives his power from Olympus could be different. Not as wide a base?

Wally West
Why do people always say Odin wasn't going all out or was taking it easy against Thanos? From his own dialogue in the fight its clear that wasn't the case.

Anyway is this isn't in Olympus it could be really close and Thanos could win a few. In Olympus he'd put up a great fight but probably eventually Zeus would take it, although I'm not exactly sure how much Zeus and Odin differ in power levels.

I'm hoping Annihilation shows Thanos to be even more powerful now as he'd had time to study and use Fallen One's black matter which is an infinite power source.

CaptainStoic
I believe that Zeus is in fact weaker than Odin, Zeus fought Thor, and although he clearly had more power than Thor, it wasn't by leaps and bounds they were nearly even... however when Odin fought Thor he tossed him around like a paper weight, even knocking him out... no I don't have scans, but the comic does exist. I think Thanos will take this.

joesha28
Well Zeus did beat Thor...he's a skyfather remember. But Thor did get Zeus respect.

Back to fight, Zeus will win this i believe he has more raw power than Thanos. Thanos is not way below Skyfather, he's a notch below thats all. Thanos need lots of prep time to beat Zeus on Olympus. in Olympus Zeus 7/10
Neutral ground it's Zeus 6/10 all this is without prep time

olympian
"When 2 combatants go at it and neither kills, KO's, renders the other unconcious, or is able to remove the other from the field of battle whether it be by teleportation, banishment to another realm, etc, I would consider that a stalemate."

A stalemate is when two show to be even. That fight made cut clear who was the best. Thanos only lasted as much due to durability, not power.

- - -

"Zeus fought Thor, and although he clearly had more power than Thor, it wasn't by leaps and bounds they were nearly even... however when Odin fought Thor he tossed him around like a paper weight, even knocking him out... no I don't have scans, but the comic does exist. I think Thanos will take this."

The Zeus/Thor fight wasent a stalemate either. In no part of it does Thor looks "nearly equal" by the simple fact that he doesnt do a -single- thing to Zeus, was beaten down easily and Zeus even stated he wasent going for the kill.

Thanos_6383

Obviously you have never seen Wolverine fanboys on here. laughing

tiakocom
thanos is a cool guy but him beatin zeus jus seems somthin made for fairy tales...many ppl seems to think odin is stronger than zeus hmmm for me thats still left to debate odin jus has more feats than zeus I dont believe for a second that odin could beat a true immortal like zeus

Sixth_Winged

laughing something to take away the heat from wolverine fanboys.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Crease
If what you're getting at is that Odin did more damage than Thanos, you are right. Odin knocked The Mad Titan down, and maybe tore his clothes a little.
Odin did a little more than that. Thanos could barely walk at the end of the fight, and Odin didn't have a scratch.

Where do you get the idea Thanos didn't use all his power confused ? Imo, he was giving everything he had.

leonidas
thanos didn't go all out? blink

because he's very well known for his restraint and his love of losing . . .

stick out tongue

what on earth what lead anyone to believe that?

Wally West
Well the only argument I can see for Thanos holding back would be they needed Odin's help in healing Thor so he wouldn't want to incapacitate him to badly anyway.

Personally I don't think either held back, its clear from Odin's comments Thanos had given him an awesome fight and he hadn't taken it easy.

Mider
well he sure was trying harder then odin, odin didnt even look like he was trying, he looked like he was messing with an insect who was trying to act all tough against a being of greater power, even before the fight with odin and thanos, odin knocked out surfer easily, and knocked out thor as well who had been womping surfer, drax and all guys like that even adam warlock i believe, thanos was just standing there getting hit and getting up then getting hit and getting up odin wasnt even trying in my opinion.

Wally West
Well of course thats how you'd interpret the fight, you seem to have something against Thanos and try and bring him down in every single thread hes put in. Odin's own dialogue would suggest he indeed was trying.

guy222
zeus

Bouboumaster
Zeus, after the fight of his career.

llagrok
Each fight will last hours, days even, but Zeus will always come out on top.

quanchi112
Thanos wins.

guy222
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/9281/thor16415mx4.th.jpghttp://img172.imageshack.us/img172/2612/thor16419gp8.th.jpghttp://img172.imageshack.us/img172/7974/thor16420iy4.th.jpg

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.