Siegfried vs. Mitsurugi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Tallis
These two Soul calibur character face off, they both have the SC3 standard weapons. Siegfried with his Zweihander Requim and Mitsurugi with his Kitana Shishi-O

So who wins The Knight who survived Hell or the samurai who can single handedly defeat an army.

Darkstorm Zero
Well, I am going to side with Sigfried here... I can use him better.

And the fact that he was able to look into the eye of terror and regain his individuality and memories shows me he has a strength of will and grim determination to do whatever is nessisary.

Tallis
I have to side with Siegfried as well. Though he is younger than Mitsurugi he is a bit more experienced. He's been using his sword since he was only a kid, he became a Bandit and fought many people and killed many knights. When he became an official knight he went on a war and won a few battles. He's battled different types of fighters not just sword on sword type people for example Kilik, Ivy, Zasalamel etc. so he has experience and is use to fighting with people with different styles and on one occasion fought Misturugi but the battle was left undecided.

And Mitsurugi has only fought a few top-tier people, with the armies he's defeated consisting of amatuer class warriors, like peasant who've hardly held a rifle.

Siegfried was able to overcome the obstacles of Hell and regain both his body and his sanity and he still manages to obtain the Holy sword Soul calibur and do battle with Nightmare (Who by the way is also capable of destroying armies.)

Sixth_Winged
Although gameplaywise, Mitsurugi has always been my boy on SC versus mode and pretty much mastered him more than any others, not mentioning the fact that Siegfried is damn slow for his own good, Storywise, I got to side with Siegfried on this one specially his willpower is enormous and both the SC and the SB seem to have plenty of connection with him.

CosmicComet
Siegfried for sure. He's simply the man of the series, no two ways about it.

NemeBro
I am actually not sure Siegfried without Soul Calibur can beat Mitsurugi, whom I would argue is one of the strongest characters in the series, barring anyone who wields a Soul weapon and gaiz like Zasalamel.

He enters battles siding with the hopelessly outnumbered side and wins, and he has even shown to be able to block bullets.

If I recall right, he has not a loss in the series.

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by NemeBro
I am actually not sure Siegfried without Soul Calibur can beat Mitsurugi, whom I would argue is one of the strongest characters in the series, barring anyone who wields a Soul weapon and gaiz like Zasalamel.

He enters battles siding with the hopelessly outnumbered side and wins, and he has even shown to be able to block bullets.

If I recall right, he has not a loss in the series.

Lost to a dude wielding a rifle.

That said, I kind of agree. Mitsurugi has a lot more battle experience than Siegfried, and Siegfried's willpower won't be of much help in a battle like this.

Of note though, Siegfried apparently did somewhat evenly battle Nightmare in SC3.

NemeBro
Originally posted by Demonic Phoenix
Lost to a dude wielding a rifle.

That said, I kind of agree. Mitsurugi has a lot more battle experience than Siegfried, and Siegfried's willpower won't be of much help in a battle like this.

Of note though, Siegfried apparently did somewhat evenly battle Nightmare in SC3. 1. Stfu assmonkey, he then pwned the man with the rifle. estahuh

Indeed.

Nightmare at his absolutely shittiest you mean?

Also, Siegfried all but died in that fight. no expression

CosmicComet
I don't think Mitsurugi has ever once met Nightmare canonically either.

Experience? Its irrelevant. It's a wash basically. Mitsurugi is 6 years older than Siegfried but Siegfried has been trained in swordsmanship since he was a little boy, whereas Mitsurugi didn't start training until he was like 14 or 15.

Siegfried was already a veteran warrior by the time he was 16 in the original Soul Blade. Where he bested a veteran warrior like Cervantes while the latter possessed by Inferno, the spirit of soul edge.

Rascaduanok

Avalanche Drop
This is like asking who would win between Jin Kazama and Paul Phoenix.

StyleTime
This would be a good fight.

Rejection
Not really. Siegfried swings once, Mitsurugi blocks, but is sent flying out of the ring losing via BFR...or...wait was that biased? stick out tongue

Nephthys
I'll go with Siegfried because gameplay wise he was easily the best fighter in Sould Calibur 4. It always annoyed me cuz he was way better than Nightmare despite not being even nearly as cool and them being more or less clones of each other (and Nightmare supposed to be really uber in fluff).

Rejection
Nah, I find it hard to believe he was the best gameplay-wise. If we're including Algol or Yoda, they are more hax'd.

Ivy SCHOOLS the crap out of everyone gameplay-wise. I've lived through that horror. Ivy's one broken-@$$ character. If it wasn't for her costume design, I'd have torn her a new one with my cheap-ass Algol.

Edit - Well everyone except Algol, though. Slow and fast bubbles at the same time ftw.

Nephthys
Maybe that was just me then. All I remember was that he hit like a truck and was wierdly fast as well, and has some really haxxed combo's. I always found Algol pretty easy to be honest and Yoda just doesn't hit hard enough.

Yeah, on second thought I've heard Ivy's really broken. I guess I just wasn't good enough a player to use her right though.

Rejection
Siegfried's pretty much my fav soul calibur character. I usually like fighting game protagonists the most, like Ryu, Jin, Hayabusa, Siegfried, heck even Donovan when they hopefully release a new DS game, and how I would LOVE for it to be in either SF HD Remix graphics or MVC3. Just cannot stand SFIV/SSFIV/SFXTekken style...

It's also fun playing as Rock in SCIV.

StyleTime
It's competitive consensus that Hilde and Algol(sometimes others like Amy) are the best in the game. Siegfried is usually ranked mid-tier and Mitsurugi sits near the top.

Also, lol. Yoda sucks.

Rejection
StyleTime and his favoring of low-tier female fighters in battles. 313

Not to say DOA has only those, though, because DOA has 3 including Alpha who are super duper top-tier.

Nah Hilde would get screwed by Ivy's over-sized boob attack you get only in the Japanese haxed version. cool

elfirrepins
I'd slighty go in favor of the Siegmeister. Siegfried has a good defensive style, and if one thing can beat speed, it is defense.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.