Bruenor BattleHammer vs Daredevil

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

capt it up
no prep fight takes place in the areana.
also they ahve there standered equiptment.

I think Bruenor takes it, I will give my reasons after I see what u all think

batdude123
Who is Bruenor? What can he do?

capt it up
Originally posted by batdude123
Who is Bruenor? What can he do?
he from the book forgotten realms.
he a dwarf fighter

if u need more info on him liek strength speed and so on ask me

capt it up
bump

batdude123
How strong is Bruenor? How fast is he? What are his fighting skills like?

capt it up
How strong is Bruenor? How fast is he? What are his fighting skills like?
he a skilled warrior who ahs been fighting sicne he was a little kid, he over 200 so u can imagin he has quite the expereince.

he pritty dam qick not ttoaly sure how fast he runs though.

he over peakhuman strength some wer ein the low superhuman range.

he also about enchanced human durability. sword and nifes cut him but he can take many stabbs. also blunt atatcks have little effected on him.

his hand movement speed is peakhuman about.

his stammina is enchanced human maby even superhuman.

batdude123
Originally posted by capt it up
he a skilled warrior who ahs been fighting sicne he was a little kid, he over 200 so u can imagin he has quite the expereince.

he pritty dam qick not ttoaly sure how fast he runs though.

he over peakhuman strength some wer ein the low superhuman range.

he also about enchanced human durability. sword and nifes cut him but he can take many stabbs. also blunt atatcks have little effected on him.

his hand movement speed is peakhuman about.

his stammina is enchanced human maby even superhuman.

Well, if all those are true, then Bruenor would win.

capt it up
Well, if all those are true, then Bruenor would win.
actauly bruenor hend speed may be slower.
it hard to say since he a book character.

outarddwarf
Daredevil rocks him like an animal! The fact of the matter is that bruenor is a dwarf. so he is strong and durable as all hell but...

he lacks speed in almost every regard. He makes large slow (relativley speeking for someone with daredevils avoidence speeds) arcs with his axe. He has short legs which he must as the book says "pump furiously" in order to keep up with his comrades do to his short legs which are a racial handicap.

His speed is his downfall. I know dwarfs and i have read every book Bruenor is in so i can tell that daredevil will more often than not win this match.

Daredevil is almost an equivilent of drizzt when it comes to hand speed and he is more than likely better able to aviod blows than drizzt (what with radar sense).

I love dwarves but i would still have to give this to the Daredevil.

P.S. PWENT ROCKS THE HOUSE!

capt it up
Originally posted by outarddwarf
Daredevil rocks him like an animal! The fact of the matter is that bruenor is a dwarf. so he is strong and durable as all hell but...

he lacks speed in almost every regard. He makes large slow (relativley speeking for someone with daredevils avoidence speeds) arcs with his axe. He has short legs which he must as the book says "pump furiously" in order to keep up with his comrades do to his short legs which are a racial handicap.

His speed is his downfall. I know dwarfs and i have read every book Bruenor is in so i can tell that daredevil will more often than not win this match.

Daredevil is almost an equivilent of drizzt when it comes to hand speed and he is more than likely better able to aviod blows than drizzt (what with radar sense).

I love dwarves but i would still have to give this to the Daredevil.

P.S. PWENT ROCKS THE HOUSE!
email the author if u wish he even says and I quote" drizzt is the best, but I would never bet against bruenor".

also bruenor running speed is slower then he could be due to his size, but he has at times run faster then wolfgar who is 7 feet.
also bruenor is quick as hell and fats enough to hit DD.
remebr rbuenor has foughten some of the elite drows many tiems and come out on top. he has blocked the most powerfull cross bow ever and the thign was said to move lightning speeds.

also the reaosn in bruenor wins is simple. DD going to have a very hard time hurting bruenor enough to take him out since DD only has his billyclub and bruenor durability plus his armor will make DD have a very ahrd time.

outarddwarf
Bruenor cant hit daredevil. Daredevil dodges bullets! Bruenor cannot swing a 25lb axe (roughly) at bullet speeds. Not gonna happen.

When the author says things like lightning speeds and such, you must think of the time period and technology of it. You don't see things travel at the speed of a bullet that often in that sort of time period (aside from magics which brenor hates and avoids). He won't be used to dodging things moving at that speed.

Drizzt at maximum can move a little over peek human with his hands and a little more than that running (due to the bracer's). Bruenor cant even visually keep up with his movements (they are said to blur in the books) let alone move his body with them.

Yes, daredevil would have a hard time taking out brenor with blunt tools but it can be done! Plus, Bruenor would be taking successive hits while not scoring a single one.

capt it up
Originally posted by outarddwarf
Bruenor cant hit daredevil. Daredevil dodges bullets! Bruenor cannot swing a 25lb axe (roughly) at bullet speeds. Not gonna happen.

When the author says things like lightning speeds and such, you must think of the time period and technology of it. You don't see things travel at the speed of a bullet that often in that sort of time period (aside from magics which brenor hates and avoids). He won't be used to dodging things moving at that speed.

Drizzt at maximum can move a little over peek human with his hands and a little more than that running (due to the bracer's). Bruenor cant even visually keep up with his movements (they are said to blur in the books) let alone move his body with them.

Yes, daredevil would have a hard time taking out brenor with blunt tools but it can be done! Plus, Bruenor would be taking successive hits while not scoring a single one.
yet bruenor takes out opponets such as dark elfs al the time.
he took out a giant queen who was using many potion to increase her speed and bruenor still beat her and she cna lfit tons'
also drizzt has never been a blur to bruenor even drizzt does not know if he can beat bruenor.
punisher has hit DD many times to say bruenor can not hit DD is beaing bias and u know it.
DD will have to get close to hit bruenor and he will have a hard time doign any damage to such a small oppent who ahs such a large weapon.\
yes bruen dislike some magic ecpt for magic used in weapons aand armor which he has.
also all bruenor is is muscle he can move his body at impressize speeds.

DigiMark007
Daredevil. Long fight, but pretty decisively.

Brenor's tough and strong, and moderately skilled, but DD's enhanced enough that he shouldn't have a problem. And he has a definite advantage in the speed department. Once he sees that engaging Bruenor in a brawl is worthless, he'll pick his shots and kill him slowly...and Matt's easily smart enough to realize this.

Dizzle
I think you give Bruenor too much credit, capt. First off, I doubt his strength is superhuman. Even peak human by comic book standards is a BIG maybe. Wulfgar's just barely there, and Bruenor is by no means as strong as Wulfgar.

When in hell did Bruenor block the most powerful crossbow ever created? He blocked Pook's hand crossbow shot that was magically enhanced for accuracy and such, but it wouldn't be much more powerful than a normal crossbow. (as it is much smaller than that) Still a good illustration of his speed, but I'm pretty sure even he realized he got pretty lucky.

Nothing about his speed is superhuman. He beats dark elves, but he still needs all of his skill to keep up with them. An enhanced ogre WAS about to kill him. (Drizzt had previously killed one with the same enhancements without taking a hit)

His durability and stamina are definitely superhuman though. The very same ogre fight proves it, he was taking repeated heavy blows from something like a one ton hitter with a scythe. If we need stamina... he set himself on fire, (though he was magically protected from it) jumped off of the edge of a gorge onto the back of a magical shadow dragon, hacked at it until it died, rode it to the bottom of the gorge, woke up from being knocked unconscious by the fall, and fought his way out of the kingdom of duergar. Bruenor's hardcore, he's definitely in my top 6 characters from the series. A good, evil Entreri, Drizzt, and Jarlaxle take 1, 2, and 3. Wulfgar, Bruenor, and Pwent take the next 3 spots. But I definitely prefer Entreri as the villain to the almost 'good' Entreri in Promise of the Witch King. I'm thinking the last book of Sellswords will be amazing though.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by capt it up
yet bruenor takes out opponets such as dark elfs al the time.
he took out a giant queen who was using many potion to increase her speed and bruenor still beat her and she cna lfit tons'
also drizzt has never been a blur to bruenor even drizzt does not know if he can beat bruenor.
punisher has hit DD many times to say bruenor can not hit DD is beaing bias and u know it.
DD will have to get close to hit bruenor and he will have a hard time doign any damage to such a small oppent who ahs such a large weapon.\
yes bruen dislike some magic ecpt for magic used in weapons aand armor which he has.
also all bruenor is is muscle he can move his body at impressize speeds.

Man! You just grab a hold of something and bury into the ground don't you capt.
Is there anyone else you're a mad supporter of I should know about so I can avoid bringing them up too?

Thunderstrike
Capt is viscious when it comes to debating. Look at the Capt it Up vs Mider thread. He's been whupping up.

Psyquis52
Good for you Capt. big grin

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Good for you Capt. big grin

Co-signed. Now if only he was right more often....

stick out tongue

Originally posted by Dizzle
I think you give Bruenor too much credit, capt. First off, I doubt his strength is superhuman. Even peak human by comic book standards is a BIG maybe. Wulfgar's just barely there, and Bruenor is by no means as strong as Wulfgar.

When in hell did Bruenor block the most powerful crossbow ever created? He blocked Pook's hand crossbow shot that was magically enhanced for accuracy and such, but it wouldn't be much more powerful than a normal crossbow. (as it is much smaller than that) Still a good illustration of his speed, but I'm pretty sure even he realized he got pretty lucky.

Nothing about his speed is superhuman. He beats dark elves, but he still needs all of his skill to keep up with them. An enhanced ogre WAS about to kill him. (Drizzt had previously killed one with the same enhancements without taking a hit)

His durability and stamina are definitely superhuman though. The very same ogre fight proves it, he was taking repeated heavy blows from something like a one ton hitter with a scythe. If we need stamina... he set himself on fire, (though he was magically protected from it) jumped off of the edge of a gorge onto the back of a magical shadow dragon, hacked at it until it died, rode it to the bottom of the gorge, woke up from being knocked unconscious by the fall, and fought his way out of the kingdom of duergar. Bruenor's hardcore, he's definitely in my top 6 characters from the series. A good, evil Entreri, Drizzt, and Jarlaxle take 1, 2, and 3. Wulfgar, Bruenor, and Pwent take the next 3 spots. But I definitely prefer Entreri as the villain to the almost 'good' Entreri in Promise of the Witch King. I'm thinking the last book of Sellswords will be amazing though.

Also co-signed. No one besides Wulfgar can bench 800lbs. DD can. And he's also faster than Bruenor. Bruenor's hella-durbale, but not fast enough to take this.

...and Entreri's nigh-good?? Blah. Haven't read the most recent one yet...not sure whether I'm looking it forward to it or not. Pre-Crisis Entreri (before their battle in the Silent Blade) was freaking awesome. Anything after the battle was all downhill for him. sad

...they also need to start making the Drizzt comics faster. Salvatore's practically writing new books faster than the first 3 are coming out.

capt it up
Originally posted by Dizzle

ur first paragraph has a few things wrong with it.
bruenor had a 900 pund dead orger on him and was standing and then u had another 900 pound living oger on top of him. that is 1800 pouunds on him and he was still standing.

second paragraph is wrong as well. firts off it was a huge cross bolt that took posh qutie a while to load. it was not ahand held cross now. also itt was said to be enchanced speed if I not mistaken and also said to be one of the most magical objects in all the realms.

3rd paragraph is also inccorrect. burenor does not keep up with them he defated them rather eaisliy. he has tkaen many on at once and always wins. also he took a the spider version of a drow which ar fast strong and just as fast and killed it.
also u said drizzt fought similar one which is also not true. drizzt foguht a enchanced speed and durablility haft ogre. also drizzt got hit and was badly hurt and he did win but drizzt almost lost.
also the one bruenor foguht was a full ogre not a haft ogre like drizztes. also it was the queen ogre which is the stornger and best of the ogre. also the queen had many mroe enchances ment then the haft orge drizzt fought and bruenor was winning and was going to beat it , but then it took more potions of deffense and healing and even still bruenor beat it.

DigiMark007
This is priceless. Bruenor just wins in the books because he's really durbale and won't give up. Kind alike Thing...the
heart factor" or something. laughing out loud But DD is still faster and more skilled. And as long as he doesn't bull-rush Bruenor and turn it into a brawl, he'll win most of the time. Any of the things DD routinely does with his billy club are far more skilled than Bruenor simply ramming his axe into bad guys.

Yes, Salvatore goes "God-Mode" on Breunor every now and then and just makes him seem like he's invulnerable. But he bleeds, he gets hurt, and few well placed blows from DD and he probably wouldn't even be walking straight.

On a side note, it's kinda sad and also kinda amsuing how many people see these battles as a venue for letting their favorite characters win. I try to stay away from ever making Spider-Man threads for this reason....people get the impression you're just trying to make a statement rather than presenting a good battle. And I'm not sure if that's what this is or not, but it kinda rubs me that way.

capt it up
Originally posted by DigiMark007
This is priceless. Bruenor just wins in the books because he's really durbale and won't give up. Kind alike Thing...the
heart factor" or something. laughing out loud But DD is still faster and more skilled. And as long as he doesn't bull-rush Bruenor and turn it into a brawl, he'll win most of the time. Any of the things DD routinely does with his billy club are far more skilled than Bruenor simply ramming his axe into bad guys.

Yes, Salvatore goes "God-Mode" on Breunor every now and then and just makes him seem like he's invulnerable. But he bleeds, he gets hurt, and few well placed blows from DD and he probably wouldn't even be walking straight.

On a side note, it's kinda sad and also kinda amsuing how many people see these battles as a venue for letting their favorite characters win. I try to stay away from ever making Spider-Man threads for this reason....people get the impression you're just trying to make a statement rather than presenting a good battle. And I'm not sure if that's what this is or not, but it kinda rubs me that way.
no thats not what im trying to do. im thoguht this be a good fight becuase DD would have qutie the time putting bruenor down and bruenor ahve quite the time trying to hit DD.
u also make it seem like bruenor an idiot with a axe. he extreme skilled in battle and a master tactition. what he does with his axe is extreme skilled.
see DD could not do that type of damage u say with a few swings it take DD quite a long time to realy hurt bruenor thats why i think this would be a good match.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.