Agent Zero would own Spiderman (I have evidence)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Aries_04
One last thing.
All Spiderman fanboys give Spiderman the edge in this fight because he has a speed advantage.

http://www.knightmare6.com/faq/weapon_project/agentzero.html

^
Here I was reminded of how Mav's powers also allow him to amp his speed.....SPiderman is finished laughing .....if anyone could site an example or two of him doing this....that'd be even better.

Dizzle
Originally posted by Aries_04
One last thing.
All Spiderman fanboys give Spiderman the edge in this fight because he has a speed advantage.

^
Here I was reminded of how Mav's powers also allow him to amp his speed.....SPiderman is finished laughing .....if anyone could site an example or two of him doing this....that'd be even better.

All of his physical stats improve when he absorbs kinetic energy, speed included. He takes a lot of durability over many of the benefits of this by wearing the vibranium suit though.

I still agree, Zero probably should beat Spiderman more often than not. He's fast and very skilled as is, aping himself or not. His enzyme blasts and weaponry make webs fairly useless, and his suit nullify most of Spiderman's physical offense. Agent Zero is probably the ultimate in anti street leveler technology.

Thunderstrike
Oooooooooooooookay? So, someone can beat Spider-Man. That's not news.

DigiMark007
Meh, Wolverine has enhanced speed too. Doesn't mean Spidey wouldn't own him.

stick out tongue

But yeah, Agent Zero's a beast. Aries_04's crusade for him is a bit annoying, but he's had my respect ever since he was masterfully used in the last tournament.

Aries_04
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Meh, Wolverine has enhanced speed too. Doesn't mean Spidey wouldn't own him.

stick out tongue

But yeah, Agent Zero's a beast. Aries_04's crusade for him is a bit annoying, but he's had my respect ever since he was masterfully used in the last tournament.

So you've noticed almost all my fights include Zero huh.....I didn't think it was that obvious laughing .

Thunderstrike
Agent Zero is a beast. Why not just start a respect thread if you're gonna campaign?

Aries_04
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Agent Zero is a beast. Why not just start a respect thread if you're gonna campaign?

Maybe the moon is aligned or something.....because I normally don't see him getting as much respect as he's getting here.

Still a respect thread sounds like a good idea.

leonheartmm
agent zero vs deathstroke seems like a good idea.

Scoobless
One last thing.

^

Meh...his enhanced human speed is still well below Spider-Man's superhuman speed

His biggest advantages over the likes of Sabretooth and Wolverine is that he can move around without them hearing or smelling him and his offensive abilities were designed specifically for use against healing powered characters.... Spider-Man's spider sense means he can't sneak up on him, even with all Zero's physical enhancements he's still below Spidey's base levels in everything, Vibranium suits aren't indestructible.....

I just don't see this guy being able to beat Spider-Man convincingly at all

Creshosk
Originally posted by Scoobless
Meh...his enhanced human speed is still well below Spider-Man's superhuman speed

His biggest advantages over the likes of Sabretooth and Wolverine is that he can move around without them hearing or smelling him and his offensive abilities were designed specifically for use against healing powered characters.... Spider-Man's spider sense means he can't sneak up on him, even with all Zero's physical enhancements he's still below Spidey's base levels in everything, Vibranium suits aren't indestructible.....

I just don't see this guy being able to beat Spider-Man convincingly at all I'm going to have to agree here.

Rock scissors paper.

Murda Mase
Taskmaster>Agent Zero

Thunderstrike
^ Second that.

Black Adam
One last thing.

^

I know the forum where the guy that made that site hangs out....

Murda Mase
Tell me what comics Agent Zero is featured in and I'll start a respect thread if your not gonna.

Hes pretty cool.

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Murda Mase
Tell me what comics Agent Zero is featured in and I'll start a respect thread if your not gonna.

Hes pretty cool.

Not many just the short lived Weapon X line and the mini Weapon X: Days of Future Past (but seeing as how it happens in the future it means less then nothing)

MrHeavySilence

lol noone said it was news. I don't know anything about Agent Zero, I'll have to read some comics. Anybody know of any good Agent Zero showings?

Aries_04
I'm sure taskmaster could take agent zero roll eyes (sarcastic) .

Aries_04
Originally posted by Scoobless

I just don't see this guy being able to beat Spider-Man convincingly at all

No you don't understand....it's not that his speed is enhanced.....it's that he himself can amp his speed to high levels in addition to his speed being advanced....it's just that he normally doesn't these days....he hasn't needed to.....he has yet to lose a fight. Bishop can do the same thng. And it still amazes that people want to argue that Bishop ISN"T street level while Zero IS. Zero is Bishop with vibranium armor and wrist cannons....WTF?

Murda Mase
Dr.Bong>Agent Zero

Aries_04

Hes pretty cool.

I have just about all of his most meaningful scans.....I"ve posted them here before.....people don't seem to give a damn that he's taken down the likes of Juggernaut. I could post them if you want.

Murda Mase
I have just about all of his most meaningful scans.....I"ve posted them here before.....people don't seem to give a damn that he's taken down the likes of Juggernaut. I could post them if you want.

Do a respect thread in the comics section for all to see. This guy seems real cool.

Khellendros
So you've noticed almost all my fights include Zero huh.....I didn't think it was that obvious laughing .
...Dude. Blind beggars in CHINA have noticed.

Aries_04
laughing

Aries_04
Do a respect thread in the comics section for all to see. This guy seems real cool.

I'll put one up in the next few days.

Disappear
Zero is Bishop with vibranium armor and wrist cannons....WTF?

no, he's not. bishop absorbs EVERY kind of energy, amplifies it, and can rechannel it in a variety of ways. MAVERICK could absorb kinetic energy, and rechannel it in about three ways. he could fire blasts, create intense heat, or supercharge his fighting tactics to hit with greater strength/speed. he didn't rechannel it to develop superspeed, ever. he selectively rechanneled it about twice to increase his jumping ability and swing his feet quickly. that's not spider-man level at all.

agent zero has shown none of maverick's original abilities. the idea that he wears a vibranium suit may very well indicate that he no longer has those original abilities. agent zero is a ****ing waste of panel space and is tieri's sole contribution to one of the greatest characters in x-men history. i said it. agent zero DESTROYED everything good about maverick.

and he couldn't take spider-man.

marvelprince
Based of what I've seen in terms of him amping up his abilities he still doesn't seem Spipder-Man to me. That said i CAN see him beating Spidey cause of his other lil extras. Will he win the majority? Doubt it, but I would see the scans where he beats Juggernaut. No offense to anyone but I hope that that was powered down Juggs, otherwise I will find it hard to believe

soujaboy09
Agreed

Aries_04
Originally posted by Disappear
no, he's not. bishop absorbs EVERY kind of energy, amplifies it, and can rechannel it in a variety of ways. MAVERICK could absorb kinetic energy, and rechannel it in about three ways. he could fire blasts, create intense heat, or supercharge his fighting tactics to hit with greater strength/speed. he didn't rechannel it to develop superspeed, ever. he selectively rechanneled it about twice to increase his jumping ability and swing his feet quickly. that's not spider-man level at all.

agent zero has shown none of maverick's original abilities. the idea that he wears a vibranium suit may very well indicate that he no longer has those original abilities. agent zero is a ****ing waste of panel space and is tieri's sole contribution to one of the greatest characters in x-men history. i said it. agent zero DESTROYED everything good about maverick.

and he couldn't take spider-man.

The enhanced leaping I'm aware of ......the swinging the feet quickly I'm not. But there had to be some degree of superspeed involved in that feat. Zero is already close to Wolverine levels of speed and quickness already do to the Weapn X program....anything higher would be considered superspeed. And I never said that he was on Spidermans level of speed....only that he would probably have just enough to make it interesting and probably get the win.

If I titled the thread "Agent Zero could make it interesting against Spiderman".....nobody would respond. And if you believe Tieri destroyed Zero...that's fair...but opinions vary.

And originally Bishop couldn't absorb all kinds of energy....especially not kinetic energy. Then all of a sudden in one of his appearances he was absorbing the KE from snowflakes hitting him on the shoulder or something......bad writing.

Aries_04
Originally posted by soujaboy09
Agreed

It was the depowered Juggs.....class 70 I think.

Thanos_6383

Agreed,whats with the spidey hate.

long pig
I 'member having an old x-men card that said Maverick had pre-cog. Was that just...bullshit or did it ever make print in comics?

Thunderstrike
It's never been described in his comics. I don't think he's precognitive.

long pig
So, it was just on the card? I DO remember Maverick saying his missed his mutant power when he was blindsided by Warhawk.

Thunderstrike
Maybe it's kinda like Slade's slo-mo vision. It's not really precognition, but it's close.

long pig
Maybe it's kinda like Slade's slo-mo vision. It's not really precognition, but it's close.
Slade's pre-cog was a screw up that made it to print in one issue which was meant to be for his daughter Ravager who does have pre-cog. Word of mouth made it a hot-topic on these boards until it was found out to be just wrong. I even fell for it thinking they gave him a new power.

I don't think Agent Zero has speed on the level of Spiderman or Slade, but I think he could beat Spiderman a few times given his powerset/skill....maybe. Probably not at all if Spiderman has gotten upgrades, if so, he's even more above streetlevel than he was before.

Thunderstrike
More than likely. I did a Slade lookover of his abilities to dispel the myths, but still portray him as a badass. The link is under my sig.

Anyway, Agent 0 is cool, and there needs to be a respect thread for him.

Disappear
i think tieri destroyed maverick by making him zero. destroying zero doesn't seem possible, given his sheer lack of anything worth destroying.

in maverick issue 12, maverick jumped around a hydra plane with his feet glowing, even swinging them around as super-fast bludgeons. it's no different than what he did with his punches, only using his legs. doesn't count as superspeed. at the end of the issue, he fell out of the airplane onto some snow-capped mountain and had to cauterize his own now-eyeless socket. and then in his next appearance, all was forgotten. hooray for weapon x...

he still couldn't take spider-man, even if he had his original maverick powers matched with his agent zero upgrades. but since we don't know whether he does or not, it really makes no difference. and this is from a diehard maverick fan. if paola hadn't closed the 'respect maverick' thread, i would've posted scans from his series, the oneshot and his x-men unlimited appearances. but, alas...

also, "combat precognition" was what his original powers were intended to be, but they never made it on-panel. he was supposed to be able to see his opponent's next move coming, making him a 'mister x' type fighter. it's kind of like what happened with marrow, back when she was sarah.

Aries_04
i think tieri destroyed maverick by making him zero. destroying zero doesn't seem possible, given his sheer lack of anything worth destroying.

in maverick issue 12, maverick jumped around a hydra plane with his feet glowing, even swinging them around as super-fast bludgeons. it's no different than what he did with his punches, only using his legs. doesn't count as superspeed. at the end of the issue, he fell out of the airplane onto some snow-capped mountain and had to cauterize his own now-eyeless socket. and then in his next appearance, all was forgotten. hooray for weapon x...

he still couldn't take spider-man, even if he had his original maverick powers matched with his agent zero upgrades. but since we don't know whether he does or not, it really makes no difference. and this is from a diehard maverick fan. if paola hadn't closed the 'respect maverick' thread, i would've posted scans from his series, the oneshot and his x-men unlimited appearances. but, alas...

also, "combat precognition" was what his original powers were intended to be, but they never made it on-panel. he was supposed to be able to see his opponent's next move coming, making him a 'mister x' type fighter. it's kind of like what happened with marrow, back when she was sarah.

Oh please you're clearly MUCH more of a Spiderman fan. I can't tell you how many times I've seen that weak argument......claiming to be a fan of one character while trashing them....in order to glorify the character that you REALLY admire.

Neither of those are examples of him amping his speed either....which he is able to do. After Zero caught the legacy virus and was cured of it....his powers were operating at their peak levels and stayed there.....he is still capable of those feats.....he just doesn't have much use for them now. If he catches you once with a corrossive blast...you're cooked.

And unless you're not finished slamming Zero....I'll retire on that note.....right after I finish putting up his respect thread soon.

Disappear
i have three spider-man comics to my credit. i have the entire maverick series, his one-shot, and an issue apiece of x-men and x-men unlimited featuring him. so i'd say i'm at least five times in favor of maverick. i do not, however, have a damn issue of tieri's weapon x series, though i've read them all. i would gladly argue in maverick's defense for just about anything, but agent zero is not maverick, and is not a character i at all care for. please don't tell me where my opinions fall.

do you have any evidence of him ever "amping" his speed? because i have fifteen issues that say he's never done it. he's selectively accelerated his limbs in a combat situation, hitting with ten times the strength of a normal blow. but he has never achieved superhuman locomotion. not once.

agent zero has not displayed any of maverick's abilities, and your claim that he "has no use for them" is as valid as my claim that he doesn't have them. neither are backed by canon fact, and both could make sense in certain situations. fact is, maverick was remade into a monstrosity of a character, both in regards to weapon x and tieri's reworking of his character, and was intended by the project to be the perfect tool to hunt wolverine and/or sabretooth. even with his upgrades, you cannot pull off a convincing "win" for zero without dumbing down spider-man's abilities.

"agent zero would own spiderman" my ass. all you've put up as a defense to that statement is "if he hits spider-man, he's toast." that's a big ****in' if, considering he's fighting a character who senses impending danger and is zero's physical superior in every sense. make a "maverick would own spiderman" thread, and i'll work my fingers to the bone looking for justification. but give this "agent zero rox, lolzorz" shit a rest.

who?-kid
"agent zero would own spiderman" my ass. all you've put up as a defense to that statement is "if he hits spider-man, he's toast."
Like almost every single Spider-Man villain needs only one good hit or shot or punch wink

Aries_04
i have three spider-man comics to my credit. i have the entire maverick series, his one-shot, and an issue apiece of x-men and x-men unlimited featuring him. so i'd say i'm at least five times in favor of maverick. i do not, however, have a damn issue of tieri's weapon x series, though i've read them all. i would gladly argue in maverick's defense for just about anything, but agent zero is not maverick, and is not a character i at all care for. please don't tell me where my opinions fall.

do you have any evidence of him ever "amping" his speed? because i have fifteen issues that say he's never done it. he's selectively accelerated his limbs in a combat situation, hitting with ten times the strength of a normal blow. but he has never achieved superhuman locomotion. not once.

agent zero has not displayed any of maverick's abilities, and your claim that he "has no use for them" is as valid as my claim that he doesn't have them. neither are backed by canon fact, and both could make sense in certain situations. fact is, maverick was remade into a monstrosity of a character, both in regards to weapon x and tieri's reworking of his character, and was intended by the project to be the perfect tool to hunt wolverine and/or sabretooth. even with his upgrades, you cannot pull off a convincing "win" for zero without dumbing down spider-man's abilities.

"agent zero would own spiderman" my ass. all you've put up as a defense to that statement is "if he hits spider-man, he's toast." that's a big ****in' if, considering he's fighting a character who senses impending danger and is zero's physical superior in every sense. make a "maverick would own spiderman" thread, and i'll work my fingers to the bone looking for justification. but give this "agent zero rox, lolzorz" shit a rest.

Alright this is the last thing I'll say. You can't undermind Maverick just because he's a Sabretooth foe.....and draw the conclusion that he couldnt take Spiderman. I mean look at SPlice....an ordinary guy in a vibranium costume with blades who happens to be a WOnderman foe....I mean he sounds more like he should be a Sabretooth/WOlverine foe to me. Zero's versatility puts him on another level than those guys IMO.......The only reason he serves as their enemy is for plot purposes. Look at what he did to a whole team of Xmen in DOFN.

To the poster who said AZ's augmented punches aren't on Spidermans level......that's ridiculous....he hits at LEAST as hard as Spiderman.

BTW Dissapear it is a shame you didn't get to post those Maverick scans....would've been ill to post those in AZ's respect thread.

Disappear
i havent once undermined maverick. i only mentioned sabretooth once, and not even in a favorable context. so i have no real idea where you pulled that out of. i love maverick. always have. i hate agent zero, and tieri by corollary for what he did to maverick in order to make a "plot purpose," as you call it.

and i wouldn't have posted maverick's feats in an agent zero thread. i have more respect for him, a ficticious character, than to do that.

King_Mungi
Well Agent Zero is powerless now thanks to House of M, so meh!

Mr. Valentine
meh!

Disappear
hopefully he'll drop the "agent zero" moniker, the new age weapon x shit'll fade to obscurity, and we'll have good ol' maverick back. hopefully.

Deadpool14
in the Days of Future Now, Agent Zero Killed: Sunfire, Aurora, Mystique, Deadpool, shot Archangel in the heart and melted his wings, and put Juggs outa commission and melted his armor. the only one who he did not get to hit was Wolverine.

King_Mungi
He did hit Wolverine and he killed the X-Men because he caught them by surprise. He was one of them until Memero's control kicked in and he snapped killing everyone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.