Sentry Runs The Gauntlet.... Of the JLA/AVENGERS

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Can The Sentry own the rest of the JLA/Avengers in a Gauntlet? Sentry heals back to %100 percent after each fight. Combatants have no prep. All combatants are bloodlusted and ready to kill. Sentry has full knowledge and control over his powers.

Sentry

VS.

The Gauntlet:

1. Batman & Wolverine.

2. Steel

3. Iron Man

4. Namor fresh out of water

5. Aquaman fresh out of water

6. Plastic Man

7. Sersi

8. Thor

9. Superman

10. Flash

11. Green Lantern Hal Jordan

12. Team Effort: Superman, Classic Thor, Wonder Woman, Wonder Man, Green Lantern Hal Jordan

Can he make it through? Or will he fall?

Debate.

AJ4LIFE
fall

King_Mungi
We really havn't gotten a clear level of Sentry's abilities yet. So far he has had some impressive feats , but he still is pretty vague.

thesilverspider
Originally posted by King_Mungi
We really havn't gotten a clear level of Sentry's abilities yet. So far he has had some impressive feats , but he still is pretty vague.
I find what he did to Dr.strange pretty impressive............shifty

King_Mungi
Originally posted by thesilverspider
I find what he did to Dr.strange pretty impressive............shifty

My shop was sold out of the lastest Sentry issue, he beat him I take it?

Psyquis52
He makes it to 11 and stops there

thesilverspider
Originally posted by King_Mungi
My shop was sold out of the lastest Sentry issue, he beat him I take it?
Not exactly........ embarrasment First he broke off Strange's black magic TP then he punched him in the face........... laughing Strange was shitting his pants.
evil face

Thunderstrike
10 or 11.

Wally West
I think only the team effort could stop him.

Thunderstrike
If it's true that he's as powerful as the Phoenix Force, then the team wouldn't even be able to stop him.

joesha28
He is an unstable character. Hard to judge. If he truely had stalemated a strong Galactus in battle i say he takes this. But i really don't know.

Validus
Thor owns him. Sersi would take it to him too.

Redatom65
Originally posted by Sir SKEETS Alot
Not exactly........ embarrasment First he broke off Strange's black magic TP then he punched him in the face........... laughing Strange was shitting his pants.
evil face

i'd like to see that

he loses at 9

spideycarnage
he did stailmate galactus frim wat i hear.. but is isent clear wat sentrys true powers are, so i say the team stops him at 12.

Redatom65
Galactus if he truly wanted to could desimate sentry

superman is superior to sentry. Superman wins this

Thunderstrike
I'm gonna be honest, the Superman fanboyisms are already getting on my nerves. Just because Superman beat Evilstar, who I know DC writers intentionally put "power of 100 exploding suns or whatever" doesn't mean he can take the Sentry.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5566830

That's retarded logic. That's like saying that because Elongated Man has the same powers as Reed Richards, then Elongated man would win because it's the DC version. Long Pig put it best:

Originally posted by long pig
No, the same could NOT be said. At ALL.

Marvel zombies, on average, DON'T like uber characters. They like street level and high tier.

D.C fans LOVE uber characters, they take pride in it and they base their love of DC on the fact DC has many ubers.

We all know D.C fans hate it when Superman loses, they hate it. They can't handle it. So, what happened was:

Fans caught wind of Sentry, they realized he was more powerful than Superman. They freaked and emailed DC about it. So, to appease the fanboys, DC made this guy with the power of a million suns lose to Superman, just so Superfans could take solace in the defeat.

Superman HAS to be the strongest, fastest, smartest and the best at everything, otherwise....superman jihad.

bats2jm

Marvel zombies, on average, DON'T like uber characters. They like street level and high tier.

D.C fans LOVE uber characters, they take pride in it and they base their love of DC on the fact DC has many ubers.

We all know D.C fans hate it when Superman loses, they hate it. They can't handle it. So, what happened was:

Fans caught wind of Sentry, they realized he was more powerful than Superman. They freaked and emailed DC about it. So, to appease the fanboys, DC made this guy with the power of a million suns lose to Superman, just so Superfans could take solace in the defeat.

Superman HAS to be the strongest, fastest, smartest and the best at everything, otherwise....superman jihad.

true its the same with batman too

Mider
im not a dc fanboy in fact i wish supes got his butt handed to him by spectre, darkseid, wow he won against a sentry level guy thats weak lol but then again a million exploding suns? isnt that a million power ups for supes?

Thunderstrike
Doesn't mean jack. Just because Superman beat someone that the DC writers tried to make a Sentry from doesn't mean he could take the real deal.

Mider
well he did beat megadon which is pis since megadon was a galaxy or universal threat.

bats2jm
Originally posted by Mider
im not a dc fanboy in fact i wish supes got his butt handed to him by spectre, darkseid, wow he won against a sentry level guy thats weak lol but then again a million exploding suns? isnt that a million power ups for supes?

yeah its like nomar or aquaman fighting hydro man

Redatom65
i'm not a superman fanboy he gets on y nerves....ALOT

but, you must give the man of steel credit. I think because of WHO he is in this real world people would put him up against galactus and win. Why do you think they have superman on the cover with Imperiex in Our worlds at war. However if these two fought my vote goes to Superman over the Sentry.

joesha28
Superman: You are scaring the ppl in my city. Get out

Sentry: ......

Superman: Get out of my city.

Sentry: ......

Superman: Now!

Cloc: Sentry, 150 ppl are gonna die in a forest fire in timbatu. 30 secs.

Sentry: (starts to glow)

Superman: What you doing? Akk! I'm feeling weak, this can't be.

Sentry: I'm removing photosynthetic energy from your body.

Superman: akkkk, ekkkk,bkkkk ,ykkk!

Sentry: You talk to much blue boy. Next time i see you, try not to wear your red undies on the outside. It give me the creeps.

just joking fellows.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Doesn't mean jack. Just because Superman beat someone that the DC writers tried to make a Sentry from doesn't mean he could take the real deal. I think your confused there. Evil Star and Supes fought before Sentry became a popular character and anybody knew who he was. When fighting Supes solar energy is a bad weapon to use.

snoopdogg
I don't see Sentry even getting to Superman anyways I think Thor can take him out cause we have seen nothing from Sentry that Thor could not do himself.

Evil Star made his first appearance in 1965. Sentry made his in 2000! How in the hell can Evil Star be a Sentry rip-off? Superman haters are just mad that Superman has leverage on Marvels new top dog. Supes and Evil Star fought in 2002 and Sentry made his re-debut in 2004. Nobody knew who the hell Sentry was until then actually.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/SupesandEvilStar.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/SupesandEvilStar2.jpg
http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j286/doggydogg2/SupesandEvilStar3.jpg

Supes loves the power of a million suns........................

Doom3524
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Evil Star made his first appearance in 1965. Sentry made his in 2000! How in the hell can Evil Star be a Sentry rip-off? Superman haters are just mad that Superman has leverage on Marvels new top dog. Supes and Evil Star fought in 2002 and Sentry made his re-debut in 2004. Nobody knew who the hell Sentry was until then actually.

You beat me to it. Evil Star has been around for a long time.

Here is what I think. He kind of breezes through for a bit (although we all know comics and somehow, someway Batman and Wolverine would beat him haha) but I think he gets stuck at 7 and then beats Sersi, people do not give her nearly enough credit, then once he hits Thor, game over. ESPECIALLY if this is a gaunlet like it is written up. He would be completely exhausted by the time he got there.

Mr. Valentine
doom it says he heals after every fight i dont think he would be completely exhausted

Thunderstrike
I don't see Sentry even getting to Superman anyways I think Thor can take him out cause we have seen nothing from Sentry that Thor could not do himself.

Because the nimrod hit him with Solar energy. Solar energy doesn't just power the Sentry. He CONTROLS it, and it doesn't come out of every pore of his body. Superman gets smashed.

Doom3524
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
doom it says he heals after every fight i dont think he would be completely exhausted

Oops, I didn't see that, then he still gets stopped at Thor.

snoopdogg
Because the nimrod hit him with Solar energy. Solar energy doesn't just power the Sentry. He CONTROLS it, and it doesn't come out of every pore of his body. Superman gets smashed. Even if he controls solar energy big deal. Sentry needs solar energy himself. Supes can absorb it back as fast as he needs it as proven in the Ruin fight. And besides as the second scan says Supes is powered by more than solar radiation from yellow stars. White stars also!

Sentry goes down against Superman.

Thunderstrike
And if Sentry blots the sun out completely? Or focuses its rays completely on himself to amp his strength, speed, and so forth? The possibilities are limitless with him. Heck, Sentry may be able to drain it out of him! It shouldn't be hard to grasp that more than likely Sentry is far more powerful than Superman.

snoopdogg
And if Sentry blots the sun out completely? Or focuses its rays completely on himself to amp his strength, speed, and so forth? The possibilities are limitless with him. Heck, Sentry may be able to drain it out of him! It shouldn't be hard to grasp that more than likely Sentry is far more powerful than Superman. Everything you just said is completely unproven in comics and in bios. There is no base in those arguments. His bio only says he can absorb solar energy. It says nothing of controling it or turning off the Sun.

Thunderstrike
He has the ability to manipulate light and solar energy. Check Wikipedia. They have the whole thing there. Also, this is a guy who is freaking out Dr. Strange, who hangs out with an Atlantean king who is nearly a god, a herald of Galactus that is so powerful it's ridiculous, and a green ape with limitless strength. If he were less powerful than Superman, then why would Strange be scared? Also, stalemating Galactus. What the heck is Superman gonna use against a person who could stalemate Galactus? Use harsh language? Throw a celophane S at him? Seriously. All the evidence is pointing that Superman is inferior, and people just can't take it.

Mr. Valentine
yeah, if he was around for aslong as superman has been im sure he would have alot more fans than he does now. Respect Sentry people big grin

snoopdogg
He has the ability to manipulate light and solar energy. Check Wikipedia. They have the whole thing there. Also, this is a guy who is freaking out Dr. Strange, who hangs out with an Atlantean king who is nearly a god, a herald of Galactus that is so powerful it's ridiculous, and a green ape with limitless strength. If he were less powerful than Superman, then why would Strange be scared? Also, stalemating Galactus. What the heck is Superman gonna use against a person who could stalemate Galactus? Use harsh language? Throw a celophane S at him? Seriously. All the evidence is pointing that Superman is inferior, and people just can't take it. I have one thing to say to this. Wikipedia is a garbage site that can be changed by anybody. I prefer Marvel bios.

Also when he "supposedly" stalemated Galactus Sentry was considered a joke. And I don't even think that was in continuity.

Thunderstrike
It's in continuity. Mentioned in Marvel Team up when Sentry and Spider-Man teamed up together. Spider-Man said he had witnessed it himself. Also, Marvel bios have been off for a long time. You, as a die hard Colossus fan, should know that's he's been a class 100 for a looong time, and the handbooks had him at 85.

AJ4LIFE
sentyr is powerful but when he trys to go against superman and the rest of the league thats just stupid and the avengers

im gonna see how this is possible

Mr. Valentine
wasnt it supposedly spiderman that said he did? (because it happened off panel) so why would spidey lie? theres not much point.. either way it could be possible anyways, i think hes strong enough to take on a middlish powered galactus, not full powered though

Thunderstrike
I'm thinking that they're putting Sentry around Thanos' level, to be honest. The Mad Titan is the only guy I can think of off hand who can pimp slap heralds like that. I still want him and Beta Ray to fight though. It would be better than the fight with Genis-Vell mad Those two could have had one of the coolest fights ever seen, and it's done in 3 pages. grrrrr.

AJ4LIFE
wat is the story on sentry anyway im confused now

Soleran
Ok I fail to see how Supes is gonna beat Sentry...................lets see he has all the powers of superman plus the ability to control light energy and is constantly 2 seconds ahead of everyone.

He's Ruthless......................he'll get right to the team and I think they can stop him.

This is one of the few "Good Guys" that has no problems going out and crippling/killing then going to see the EasterBunny with a clear conscience.

Juntai
Or we talking about the actual Sentry character, or are we talking about whatever that being that dreamed Sentry into existance might be capable of?
Cause Supes spanks Sentry.

Soleran
Originally posted by Juntai
Or we talking about the actual Sentry character, or are we talking about whatever that being that dreamed Sentry into existance might be capable of?
Cause Supes spanks Sentry.

Yeah he does cuz Sentry is twistedsmile Then after Sentry gets spanked and bored he puts Superman into pain (cuz lets face it Sentry has superspeed and is already moving 2 seconds ahead of superman) Then finishs off the poor guy..........................the imagery for the spanking was nice though to bad supes has to be ressurected again by DC eek!

Juntai
Originally posted by Soleran
Yeah he does cuz Sentry is twistedsmile Then after Sentry gets spanked and bored he puts Superman into pain (cuz lets face it Sentry has superspeed and is already moving 2 seconds ahead of superman) Then finishs off the poor guy..........................the imagery for the spanking was nice though to bad supes has to be ressurected again by DC eek! -sigh-

OK, give me Sentry's showings putting him on the level of an angry Superman's strength/speed/endurance/durability. We'll match it up.

snoopdogg
-sigh-

OK, give me Sentry's showings putting him on the level of an angry Superman's strength/speed/endurance/durability. We'll match it up. This should be interesting. I got my guns loaded.................

Thunderstrike
-sigh-

OK, give me Sentry's showings putting him on the level of an angry Superman's strength/speed/endurance/durability. We'll match it up.

Uh, since when did Superman being angry amp his strength? Is he gonna turn green and have purple pants?

Juntai
Uh, since when did Superman being angry amp his strength? Is he gonna turn green and have purple pants? Superman draws in more energy.. amps himself.

Thunderstrike
What does that have anything to do with his anger? Angry Superman is the same as normal Superman, but just cares one hell of a lot less. Doesn't make a difference on these forums when there's a bloodlust rule.

Juntai
What does that have anything to do with his anger? Angry Superman is the same as normal Superman, but just cares one hell of a lot less. Doesn't make a difference on these forums when there's a bloodlust rule. No, when angry and stressing, Superman draws in VAST amounts of more energy.

What does that have anything to do with his anger? Angry Superman is the same as normal Superman, but just cares one hell of a lot less. Doesn't make a difference on these forums when there's a bloodlust rule. I believe, if one is angry they just leave themselves open for mistake, or misjudgement...

Soleran
No, when angry and stressing, Superman draws in VAST amounts of more energy.

They are already bloodlusted, forum rules.......................

I could care less how much stronger Superman gets with a guy that is as strong, fast, durable, telepathic, controls light energy, and is 2 secondsfaster then superman at his fastest.

Let Superman Draw in more energy he is just helping to feed the Sentry inadvertantly...............Sentry can divert light energy..................PLUS Sentry just does his job if he is supposed to get through the Gauntlet he will no play time..............AMP him enough and the Void will appear and wreck Superman.

Juntai
Originally posted by Moderator
I believe, if one is angry they just leave themselves open for mistake, or misjudgement... Not the case on the forum. Everyone is bloodlusted. And Superman is a pretty intelligent fighter, having been shown calculating trajectories, melting points, and much much more in combat.

Juntai

I could care less how much stronger Superman gets with a guy that is as strong, fast, durable, telepathic, controls light energy, and is 2 secondsfaster then superman at his fastest.

Let Superman Draw in more energy he is just helping to feed the Sentry inadvertantly...............Sentry can divert light energy..................PLUS Sentry just does his job if he is supposed to get through the Gauntlet he will no play time..............AMP him enough and the Void will appear and wreck Superman. lol, why would void appear in a forum battle against the Sentry character? What the hell are you talking about?

Obviously you feel threatened by my offer to put up Sentry's feats against Superman's.

snoopdogg

Let Superman Draw in more energy he is just helping to feed the Sentry inadvertantly...............Sentry can divert light energy..................PLUS Sentry just does his job if he is supposed to get through the Gauntlet he will no play time..............AMP him enough and the Void will appear and wreck Superman. When has Sentry did any of the things you mentioned?

Mr. Valentine
i hadnt thought about it before, but i think the 2 second thing would more or less own everyone. Because its like Mr.X, he owned all those guys in the tournament because he knew what they would do. Only Wolverine managed to get past that by going beserker, and also Sentry is telepathic so that will give him insight into what his opponent is going to do

Juntai
i hadnt thought about it before, but i think the 2 second thing would more or less own everyone. Because its like Mr.X, he owned all those guys in the tournament because he knew what they would do. Only Wolverine managed to get past that by going beserker, and also Sentry is telepathic so that will give him insight into what his opponent is going to do Superman's kryptonian mind can block telepathy and telepathic attacks and mind control.
He also has telepathic powers of his own. Torqasm Vo, Torqasm Rao, and a innate ability to extend telekinetic fields over objects he touches or protects--though that last part's mostly not a controlled effort, it's more of a subconsious thing. He just does it.

snoopdogg
i hadnt thought about it before, but i think the 2 second thing would more or less own everyone. Because its like Mr.X, he owned all those guys in the tournament because he knew what they would do. Only Wolverine managed to get past that by going beserker, and also Sentry is telepathic so that will give him insight into what his opponent is going to do I think that 2 second thing is when Sentry was considered a joke 6 years ago. His newest bio says nothing of that power. If he still had it it would have been worth mentioning in the bio I think. Superman has been shown to fight off psionic attacks in the past. He fought off Despereo a few months back.

Soleran
lol, why would void appear in a forum battle against the Sentry character? What the hell are you talking about?

Obviously you feel threatened by my offer to put up Sentry's feats against Superman's.

Sentry is a baby in comic years compared to Superman. Sentry = Void one in the same its just how it is..............I don't write the comics.

But hey don't feel to threatened about Superman, just stat to post your pictures of him beating guys with a powerset that I just described by himself.

Thunderstrike
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=399914

Mr. Valentine
snoop the 2 second thing is one of his powers, the serum makes his molecules move 2 seconds forward in time. Its in the Marvel.com bio and the wikipedia

Juntai
I think that 2 second thing is when Sentry was considered a joke 6 years ago. His newest bio says nothing of that power. If he still had it it would have been worth mentioning in the bio I think. Superman has been shown to fight off psionic attacks in the past. He fought off Despereo a few months back. Not to mention Superman slows time when moving. If the on panel feats show Superman as vastly faster, he makes up the seconds with ease. Plus, I'd like to see the actual panel of him moving two seconds ahead, and it's usefullness.

snoopdogg
snoop the 2 second thing is one of his powers, the serum makes his molecules move 2 seconds forward in time. Its in the Marvel.com bio and the wikipedia wikipedia is a fan based site and so is Marvel.com now. So they both are not really good to use to get your point across.

Thunderstrike
Then saying Superman has heat vision isn't countable either. That's in Wikipedia too.

If you knew how Wikipedia operated, they can't submit anything without proving their claim. If something stupid happens, it's quickly corrected. Stay on topic.

snoopdogg
Then saying Superman has heat vision isn't countable either. That's in Wikipedia too.

If you knew how Wikipedia operated, they can't submit anything without proving their claim. If something stupid happens, it's quickly corrected. Stay on topic. I know how it operates cause I put stuff in there myself. It has many flaws.

Juntai
Show the feats of Strength/speed/durability/etc, or the feats period.
We'll stack up to Superman's.

Going off of theory and user-made bios is nothing next to the real deal. Show the feats!

Wally West
Is this all-powerful, utterly unstoppable, skyfather level angry Superman the same one that fought Wonder Woman in Sacrifice? I mean he seemed pretty angry there to me. If so, I don't think Sentry has anything to worry about.

Mr. Valentine
Juntai, you know that sentry does not have many feats as of yet because he is a relatively new character, so feat wise he could never come close to superman because of the years old supes has been around. dont mean thats what would happen in the actual comic

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Wally West
Is this all-powerful, utterly unstoppable, skyfather level angry Superman the same one that fought Wonder Woman in Sacrifice? I mean he seemed pretty angry there to me. If so, I don't think Sentry has anything to worry about. WW used K-nite and Magic and still came out with a broken wrist and a burned up face before she blacked out from a single punch.

Juntai
The Superman in Sacrifice that flew like 10x lightspeed and punched one of the physical strongest/most capable characters in either universe halfway across the solar system, koing her in one blow?

Juntai
Juntai, you know that sentry does not have many feats as of yet because he is a relatively new character, so feat wise he could never come close to superman because of the years old supes has been around. dont mean thats what would happen in the actual comic Feats show capabilities. Assumptions do not.

snoopdogg
Juntai, you know that sentry does not have many feats as of yet because he is a relatively new character, so feat wise he could never come close to superman because of the years old supes has been around. dont mean thats what would happen in the actual comic Then why do people assume he will wipe the floor with Supes? You guys are saying stuff you THINK he may be able to do. But we don't know for sure.

Mr. Valentine
aha, that is not always true, just because a feat shows someone doing something at that time, it doesnt mean they always will be able to, or will deal with it in the same way in a different situation

This is turning into an argument, make your points and move on don't argue , I would not like to make my first example here in this thread.

Creshosk
aha, that is not always true, just because a feat shows someone doing something at that time, it doesnt mean they always will be able to, or will deal with it in the same way in a different situation Depends on how easy it was and how similar the other situation is.

Juntai
aha, that is not always true, just because a feat shows someone doing something at that time, it doesnt mean they always will be able to, or will deal with it in the same way in a different situation Superman is bloodlusted and performing in optimum conditions, as are all characters, all actions used for gathering wins are for the debators to argue, but viable evidence of a characters abiltiies is indeed the base of the debate.

Soleran
Or If CLOC held his hand during the conflicT pirate bunny

marvelprince
Super-Man is awesome and everything and everything, but going on what has been mentioned about Sentry(which is really all we have to go by) then I'm gonna have say Sentry will get past him. Faster, potentially stronger and nearly limitless control over light energy push him over the edge in my book. Then he's stopped by the team and the end

Juntai
Originally posted by marvelprince
Super-Man is awesome and everything and everything, but going on what has been mentioned about Sentry(which is really all we have to go by) then I'm gonna have say Sentry will get past him. Faster, potentially stronger and nearly limitless control over light energy push him over the edge in my book. Then he's stopped by the team and the end show him being faster and stronger and more durable compared to Superman and then?

Validus
Juntai, you know that sentry does not have many feats as of yet because he is a relatively new character, so feat wise he could never come close to superman because of the years old supes has been around. dont mean thats what would happen in the actual comic
So because he has a clean slate it's ok to assume he's above top tier? That doesn't fly at all.

Soleran
Originally posted by Validus
So because he has a clean slate it's ok to assume he's above top tier? That doesn't fly at all.

The best showings we have put him at top tier...............and ruthless eek! bunny

Validus
The best showings we have put him at top tier...............and ruthless eek! bunny
At top tier. Certainly not beyond. People here are ready to give him the nod over Thanos. Why? Because he busted Terrax of all heralds?!? Give me a break.

Soleran
I didn't see thanos on the guantlet......................

Validus
I didn't see thanos on the guantlet......................
Neither did I but if you read around the forum theres plenty of people putting him at Thanos level.

Soleran
Neither did I but if you read around the forum theres plenty of people putting him at Thanos level.

Well I cannot help thatsmile It certainly doesn't diminish from Sentry just from fans.

Adam Warlock
I seem to recall the Void beating the crap out off a whole bunch of heroes back in the New Avengers. Black Bolt, Namor, the FF4, X-men, Avengers, Inhumans, Dr. Strange... Were getting spanked by the Void. If the Void could do that to them, what's stopping the Sentry from tearing through the combined efforts of the JLA/Avengers? The Sentry's powers are practically opposite of the Void, but have the same potential.

Black Bolt has had impressive victories over the Hulk, Gladiator, The Sphinx, etc... Namor has gone toe to toe with nearly every Marvel Powerhouse. Dr. Strange... Everyone knows what Dr. Strange is capable off, all he did was manage to put up shields that the Void was tearing through. Iron Man, the X-men, and the rest of the Inhumans would have been killed if not for Emma guiding Sentry's mind.

Mr. Valentine
I agree with you know validus, he is definetly high up on the top tier, but i dont think he could mess with thanos by himself, he would be a big addition to anyone facing thanos (ie if the avengers thought him he would play a huge role) but one on one i dont think he would win unless they show some more feats

Validus
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
I seem to recall the Void beating the crap out off a whole bunch of heroes back in the New Avengers. Black Bolt, Namor, the FF4, X-men, Avengers, Inhumans, Dr. Strange... Were getting spanked by the Void. If the Void could do that to them, what's stopping the Sentry from tearing through the combined efforts of the JLA/Avengers?

I guess the same thing that stops Hulk from logically beating the West and East Coast Avengers or the same thing that says Superman shouldn't be able to chump out Orion, Big Barda, The Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman at the same time and for them to state they have no chance of winning. If you put every top tier hero at their most uber, Sentry still isn't above them.

Juntai
The Sentry character itself is nearly identical to Superman and hasn't shown me any feats that make me believe he's able to top Superman. If you can make believe otherwise, please show Sentry's feats.

Soleran
I guess the same thing that stops Hulk from logically beating the West and East Coast Avengers or the same thing that says Superman shouldn't be able to chump out Orion, Big Barda, The Flash, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, and Wonder Woman at the same time and for them to state they have no chance of winning. If you put every top tier hero at their most uber, Sentry still isn't above them.

See thats what makes Sentry so much "cooler" then most of the other guys. He is very cold and calculating (with his computer CLOC) and because of that he isn't written with these pieces of ..............."ok now I am through holding back time to kick it up a notch" like typically the other hero's are written to.

He has a job he gets it done..........

Validus
See thats what makes Sentry so much "cooler" then most of the other guys. He is very cold and calculating (with his computer CLOC) and because of that he isn't written with these pieces of ..............."ok now I am through holding back time to kick it up a notch" like typically the other hero's are written to.

He has a job he gets it done..........
So he's Insane Genis: The Sequel. Got it. big grin

Mr. Valentine
The Sentry character itself is nearly identical to Superman and hasn't shown me any feats that make me believe he's able to top Superman. If you can make believe otherwise, please show Sentry's feats.

Juntai, Sentry is not identical to Superman, He has numerous different aspects that set him aside from him, Superman has no void. Superman isnt addicted to a drug, Superman was not forgotten about. And lots more, actually read one of his comics and you should understand that.

Mr. Valentine
So he's Insane Genis: The Sequel. Got it. big grin

Validus dont say that, because you know it aint true. and you are a big fan of genis aswell,

Juntai
Juntai, Sentry is not identical to Superman, He has numerous different aspects that set him aside from him, Superman has no void. Superman isnt addicted to a drug, Superman was not forgotten about. And lots more, actually read one of his comics and you should understand that. I have read them, Sentry and Void are seem to just be concepts of good and evil, the Sentry concept, is how the "Good" guy is realised, this character is nearly identical to Superman, but hasn't the feats to match him up to Superman. . At least, that's what I'm mostly getting out of the mini. I can't believe they even pulled the "Are you faster than a speeding bullet?" scenario.

Validus
Validus dont say that, because you know it aint true. and you are a big fan of genis aswell,
Hey now! I like Sentry. Just not ready to say he's beyond top tier heros yet. big grin

Soleran
Hey now! I like Sentry. Just not ready to say he's beyond top tier heros yet. big grin

Oh he's a top tier..................................controlled by CLOC eek!

Mr. Valentine
there is alot of time to see feats, because there isnt alot of comics with him in, some of the little things he has done has shown some promise for later things anyways. But anyways superman has no monoply on being the "good guy"

Mr. Valentine
Juntai, you must know by now, that other companies make things like that satirically because they know it will annoy superman fans and DC

badabing
Numbers 8-11 could have a chance, but the powers he has are like Flash, Supes and GL combined. Superspeed, flight, super strength, invulnerability, molecular structure ahead of time, manipulation of energy to the point of constructing objects. Right now I'll say the team definitely stops him.

Juntai
there is alot of time to see feats, because there isnt alot of comics with him in, some of the little things he has done has shown some promise for later things anyways. But anyways superman has no monoply on being the "good guy" What are you talking about? I never mentioned such a thing. It's obvious the Sentry is a direct take of Superman. And it's the image of the 'good' and the 'evil' locked in eternal combat. The Superman likeness, being the portrayed goodguy.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by badabing
Numbers 8-11 could have a chance, but the powers he has are like Flash, Supes and GL combined. Superspeed, flight, super strength, invulnerability, molecular structure ahead of time, manipulation of energy to the point of constructing objects. Right now I'll say the team definitely stops him. Can you give issue #s or scans on him demonstrating Flash like speed, GL like powers, Molecular structure.................

Mr. Valentine
What are you talking about? I never mentioned such a thing. It's obvious the Sentry is a direct take of Superman. And it's the image of the 'good' and the 'evil' locked in eternal combat. The Superman likeness, being the portrayed goodguy.

anyone can be the good guy! not just superman! and how is superman locked in an eternal battle with good and evil? lex? theres a difference though sentry deals with his inner demons, or the void with his inner demons or whichever way it is lol. And so what? are you saying writers cannot be inspired by something and make something like it. Sentry is made in Superman's image yeah.. but they dont really share anything of great importance, so sentry has a dog..lol it makes no difference, oh look his wife has a name beggining with L.. big deal lol stick out tongue personally i dont care about the similarities between them

Juntai
anyone can be the good guy! not just superman! and how is superman locked in an eternal battle with good and evil? lex? theres a difference though sentry deals with his inner demons, or the void with his inner demons or whichever way it is lol. And so what? are you saying writers cannot be inspired by something and make something like it. Sentry is made in Superman's image yeah.. but they dont really share anything of great importance, so sentry has a dog..lol it makes no difference, oh look his wife has a name beggining with L.. big deal lol stick out tongue personally i dont care about the similarities between them You're obviously lost as to what I'm saying and running off on tangents. I won't bother with arguing what Sentry is, because YOU have obviously not been reading the same series I have. Senty and Void are the image of the idea that good and evil are locked in Eternal combat. The "Sentry" half, which is easily recognizable by it's hero-ness as the "good guy", is obviously a direct Superman ripoff.
This Superman ripoff good half, has shown no capabilities that lead me to believe he could beat Superman.
If you have Sentry's feats, show them. We'll compare them to Superman's, the debate can end.

Mr. Valentine
juntai, the feats thing is totally unfair, so im not going to go down that road, i never said that sentry wasnt the good guy, superman ripoff or not there are loads of different things about the actual person not just his alter ego. the feats are foolishness, because sentry has now way been around long enough to have even a tenth amount of feats as superman does

badabing
Can you give issue #s or scans on him demonstrating Flash like speed, GL like powers, Molecular structure.................
Sorry Snoop, my scanner is p!ssing me off now. embarrasment I've asked another person to post some scans. Hopefully we can get those up ASAP.

Juntai
juntai, the feats thing is totally unfair, so im not going to go down that road, i never said that sentry wasnt the good guy, superman ripoff or not there are loads of different things about the actual person not just his alter ego. the feats are foolishness, because sentry has now way been around long enough to have even a tenth amount of feats as superman does So then you've got nothing?

snoopdogg
Sorry Snoop, my scanner is p!ssing me off now. embarrasment I've asked another person to post some scans. Hopefully we can get those up ASAP. Give issue #s then.

Mr. Valentine
I never said that, im saying scanning anything would be a waste of time because superman has years of comics when sentry has hardly anytime of comics.

Juntai
At least give some context, name, issue, paraphrase it, write the page up, post a scan....something.
I've read the Sentry series, nothing in it leads me to believe the Sentry character can defeat Superman, who we've seen kick ass for a long time now.

snoopdogg
I never said that, im saying scanning anything would be a waste of time because superman has years of comics when sentry has hardly anytime of comics. Then why assume he will defeat Superman?

Juntai
Then why assume he will defeat Superman? cosign

Juntai
The Sentry character in the future may proove he's got more than what it takes, but we don't know yet, he hasn't done a lot, and thus with no proof, we can't just assume he'd beat Superman.

Validus
Then why assume he will defeat Superman?
Exactly.

Mr. Valentine
Because, i think with time there will be enough to prove he can. It is rather unfair scan wise, but all we have seen of him has been good stuff, so im thinking that in a while there should be enough to prove conclusive

Juntai
Because, i think with time there will be enough to prove he can. It is rather unfair scan wise, but all we have seen of him has been good stuff, so im thinking that in a while there should be enough to prove conclusive

Soleran
Then why assume he will defeat Superman?

Because Spiderman said he beat Galactus.................. big grin

snoopdogg
Because Spiderman said he beat Galactus.................. big grin Yea the FF beat Galactus on a montly basis.......................

Soleran
Yea the FF beat Galactus on a montly basis.......................

So what doesn't take away from the feet itself..............

I mean krytponite is SM weakness.................one day a punch with it knocks him out by a human the next he's wearing the ring knocking out other kryptonians huh big grin

Juntai
Because Spiderman said he beat Galactus.................. big grin Which means nothing when we don't know the context. And Spiderman claiming what he can do is no different than what you're doing now. Speculation.

Btw, Didn't invisible woman stop Galactus too?

Soleran
Which means nothing when we don't know the context. And Spiderman claiming what he can do is no different than what you're doing now. Speculation.

Btw, Didn't invisible woman stop Galactus too?

I know she busted up some Celestial up pretty good, plus I hear she's great at making pancakes, point is?

Juntai
So what doesn't take away from the feet itself..............

I mean krytponite is SM weakness.................one day a punch with it knocks him out by a human the next he's wearing the ring knocking out other kryptonians huh big grin what human knocked him out with it?

snoopdogg
Because Spiderman said he beat Galactus.................. big grin Spider-Man beat Firelord too.................................... Happy Dance

Soleran
Spider-Man beat Firelord too.................................... Happy Dance

Yeah he did isn't he awesome..........................pointing that out means what, was I right about her making pancakes?

Firelord depowered himself ............ok ....................even a depowered Galactus pimp smacks away firelord, SS etc

Juntai
I know she busted up some Celestial up pretty good, plus I hear she's great at making pancakes, point is? I'm wondering what your point is exactly. Or anyone who's been in this thread arguing he could beat Superman for pages.

Without context, the claim of him defeating Galactus is nothing.
Nothing he's shown puts him in Superman's league.
He hasn't shown to be faster, stronger, smarter, a better fighter.

Shit, without context - Superman has wrestled down king angels, defeated celestial beings, defeated Imperiex, punched out several elder demons.

In the future, he may prove stronger on panel, but until that time, no one in their right mind should beleieve he's beating Superman. When he hasn't shown the neccisary abilities at proper levels to be able to.

Soleran
I'm wondering what your point is exactly. Or anyone who's been in this thread arguing he could beat Superman for pages.

Without context, the claim of him defeating Galactus is nothing.
Nothing he's shown puts him in Superman's league.
He hasn't shown to be faster, stronger, smarter, a better fighter.

In the future, he may prove stronger on panel, but until that time, no one in their right mind should beleieve he's beating Superman. When he hasn't shown the neccisary abilities at proper levels to be able to.

Sentry is 2 seconds ahead of all....................thats what his power is, thats what puts him ahead of Supes wink CLOC makes sure of it always.

snoopdogg
Sentry is 2 seconds ahead of all....................thats what his power is, thats what puts him ahead of Supes wink CLOC makes sure of it always. That just means Sentry will be to his grave two seconds faster...................

Juntai
Sentry is 2 seconds ahead of all....................thats what his power is, thats what puts him ahead of Supes wink CLOC makes sure of it always. Prove he can beat Superman.
You can't can you?
That's why you who favor Sentry have argued nothing but hopes and dreams the last several pages.

Soleran
That just means Sentry will be to his grave two seconds faster...................

thats the piece he's already 2 seconds ahead of whatever you are going to do, technically you cannot do anything to him unless you control time.

Prove Superman can beat Sentry...................derr its all specualtion one's marvel one's dc are they going to meet in the street somewhere?

Nope its just that I feel with the way Sentry has been portrayed up to now and the way his powers are explained up to this point Superman would lose to him.

Not nec in a landslide event but a loss none the less.

Juntai
thats the piece he's already 2 seconds ahead of whatever you are going to do, technically you cannot do anything to him unless you control time.

Prove Superman can beat Sentry...................derr its all specualtion one's marvel one's dc are the going to meet in the street somewhere?

Nope its just that I feel with the way Sentry has been portrayed and his powers explained up to this point Superman would lose to him.

Not nec in a landslide event but a loss none the less. But you can't prove any of it. You can't make others support this theory.

Superman has shown he's among the smartest of heros, moves multiples of lightspeed, has punched characters halfway across the solar system, has punched moons in half with one shot, taken point blank shots that would devistate planets. What has Sentry done that you can share, that would lead anyone to believe Sentry could beat Superman?

Basically so far, you've got nothing but just that you "like Sentry better and so he wins."

Soleran
http://spider-bob.com/comicspage/marvel/index.htm

Someone asked awhile back for a Sentry power piece here it is................all of Superman's plus he is ahead of time............thats practically a zoom like power there.............plus all the other Superman qualities to back it up.

So that is why I said what I did...................don't like the powerset sorry, it is what it is. Unless Superman can control time ahead of Sentry he cannot do anything the Sentry can stop (he already sees it happening he's ahead of the time stream.)

Sir SKEETS Alot

Someone asked awhile back for a Sentry power piece here it is................all of Superman's plus he is ahead of time............thats practically a zoom like power there.............plus all the other Superman qualities to back it up.

So that is why I said what I did...................don't like the powerset sorry, it is what it is. Unless Superman can control time ahead of Sentry he cannot do anything the Sentry can stop (he already sees it happening he's ahead of the time stream.)
That Ahead of time thing is suspect if he had anything like ZOOM's powers he wouldn't need Cloc to pick out which situation is in need of him more...............

Juntai

So that is why I said what I did...................don't like the powerset sorry, it is what it is. Unless Superman can control time ahead of Sentry he cannot do anything the Sentry can stop (he already sees it happening he's ahead of the time stream.) What the hell is that, what does that prove?

All I see is a fan-made bio, I see nothing of Sentry showing to be faster and stronger and better than Superman.

Validus

Where's the heat vision and absolute zero ice breath?

Sir SKEETS Alot
What the hell is that, what does that prove?

All I see is a fan-made bio, I see nothing of Sentry showing to be faster and stronger than Superman.
That's because there's no such proof to back up any of these claims.

Juntai
That's because there's no such proof to back up any of these claims. And I've been saying that for pages and pages now.

Soleran
Where's the heat vision and absolute zero ice breath?

Well he keeps icy mints in his back pocket for that, his heat vision is only when he stares at supermans cousin I'm afraid eek!

Those powers came from marvel originally no problem to bad marvel is fan written now because originally the serum was described just like that fan wrote

http://www.marvel.com/universe/Sentry_%28Robert_Reynolds%29

still has what the fan wrote there because IT came from marvel originally. Anyway we'll see how he plays out, he's certainly more ruthless then most superhero's.

Sir SKEETS Alot
And I've been saying that for pages and pages now.
All the supes haters take this power of a million-exploding suns shit up the ass................no

Soleran
All the supes haters take this power of a million-exploding suns shit up the ass................no

LOL Happy Dance

Adam Warlock
Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns though...

Sentry says it himself:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/sentry.jpg

If Sentry goes all out, most likely the Void will be there too.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Sentry has the power of a million exploding suns though...

Sentry says it himself:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/sentry.jpg

If Sentry goes all out, most likely the Void will be there too.
Give me the exact definition of what/who the Void is and who's Sentry?
You can't so don't even respond you'll just repeat something you read in a Bio or just more baseless assumptions that all Sentry fans speak of. stick out tongue

badabing
Can you give issue #s or scans on him demonstrating Flash like speed, GL like powers, Molecular structure.................
In the Sentry 3 of 8 I thought he grabbed Hulk and used super speed and/or matter manipulation, but it looks like a dimensional doorway instead. embarrasment

badabing
In the New Avengers #8, The Sentry Part 2, He's in a cave with Captain America and Iron Man when in a flash of light he disappears.

Sir SKEETS Alot
In the New Avengers #8, The Sentry Part 2, He's in a cave with Captain America and Iron Man when in a flash of light he disappears.
OK...............? confused

-Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!

badabing
OK...............? confused

-Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!
I was just trying to post some of his more obscure powers.

Mr. Valentine
lol skeet.. on that girls hair, the white patch...???
- skeet!! skeet!! skeet!!
lol

Avalonofthewind

Well said... laughing

For those who go on about Spider-man saying that Sentry stalemated Galactus..so what?

Batman can say "Superman beat Imperiex" in a statement quite honestly.

My point? It has to be shown how it happened before it can be truly claimed as a feat.

This doesn't even have to turn into the usual Superman vs...
I don't think Sentry gets past Thor and maybe Sersi.

ctu_stylez
superman gets owned, that simple.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by ctu_stylez
superman gets owned, that simple.
Based on what you're dislike of superman or you're liking of the Sentry?
Has to be one of those because there's nothing in comics that indicate That Sentry would even be a challenge to supes.

-Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!!!!!!1pimpslap

manorastroman
even though it's basically his only feat, i think handling terrax the way sentry did is something beyond both thor and sersi.

though to be fair not beyond superman's capability.

Femi32
I'm gonna be honest, the Superman fanboyisms are already getting on my nerves. Just because Superman beat Evilstar, who I know DC writers intentionally put "power of 100 exploding suns or whatever" doesn't mean he can take the Sentry.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=5566830

That's retarded logic. That's like saying that because Elongated Man has the same powers as Reed Richards, then Elongated man would win because it's the DC version. Long Pig put it best:

roll eyes (sarcastic) Superman hate at it's finest.

Sentry might get past Supes, but he hasn't shown anything that puts him beyond Supes. Other than that, I agree.

manorastroman
yet another moment of superman PIS. talk about good luck, that the man trying to kill him would just have a brain fart and try to kill him with something he can absorb easily.

why does every superman rogue with real power (besides doomsday, and look how that turned out) try to kill superman with sunlight? that's just retarded.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>