PS2 Not Working

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

TheOnes2
I was playing my PS2 last night and it was working fine. I switched it off then went to bed. I woke up this morning, turned it on and its not displaying on the TV. The power is on (as it makes that annoying humming sound) and its on the right channel. Ive tried removeing and attaching the scart leads, the plugs everything. Please someone help.

PVS
buy an xbox 360 stick out tongue

TheOnes2
no expression

Lana
Have you contacted their customer support?

That's always the best thing to try first.

SaTsuJiN
so.. the motor and everything functions.. except it does not display video onto the screen?..

and lol @ buy a 360 laughing out loud

InnerRise
Do you have your red, white, and yellow cables hooked up in the right spot?

Do you hear any sound of the PS2 coming on, not the humming, but the actual sound effects?

Did something come unplugged during the night?

is it comprehensible.....

TheOnes2
They are hooked, everything has been working since i bought it in February 2002 yet it just decided to stop displaying video today

H. S. 6
Originally posted by TheOnes2
They are hooked, everything has been working since i bought it in February 2002 yet it just decided to stop displaying video today

Possibly you've switched the input or other like setting on the TV?

Originally posted by PVS
buy an xbox 360 stick out tongue

laughing

Koala MeatPie
Wait for PS3

InnerRise
Well if you believe your PS2 has just reached that inevitable point of no return, purchase a new one if you can' wait for the PS3 or don't plan on getting a PS3.

is it comprehensible.....

El_NINO
Originally posted by TheOnes2

chances are your cables might be done for, try getting new cables and if that doesnt work either get a new PS2 or wait for a new system. wink

Lana
Did you even try my suggestion yet, that is, contacting their customer support?

I'm guessing not since you've completely ignored that post.

Stalker 360
the consoles always screw there ps2s iv had 6

btw lana nice sig

and yeah buy a 360

Df02
surprised it isnt the inevitable disk read error... god damn i hate that... PS2's are the worst for it.

the lasers **** up at the drop of a hat

Stalker 360
i know how to fix them now
sure fire way takes 5 mins but voids ur warenty

El_NINO
I already dropped my PS2 Slim from 2 feet high and nothing happened.. I was freaking out when it happened. smile

TheOnes2
I tried contacting the support but they didnt help. The cables seem to be fine.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.