Captain America vs Judge Dredd

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Etrigan
Cap has his shield, and all resources open to him. Dredd has his gun and bike, and all resources as well.

Fight takes place in New York, at night, and each man has an hour prep, as they start on either side of the city.

Who wins? Remember, Dredd is probably just about as skilled in h2h as the Captain.

Etrigan
Bumpity bump.

Come on guys, good fight!

who?-kid
Originally posted by Etrigan
Who wins? Remember, Dredd is probably just about as skilled in h2h as the Captain.
No he isn't. Dredd is good, Captain is better (and I love Dredd, but I know when he bites the dust).

Etrigan
That's true, but does Dredd have any H2H feats to boast? He is a skilled combatant, that is for sure.

streekz
cap would win this in hth but dredd with his gun and bike makes it a different story unless cap did somethin to stop dredd using his gun and bike he would lose..

i think cap would pull it off..

Etrigan
Cap could deflect Dredd's gunshots for the most part, and avoid rushes with the bike. He would probably be able to knock Dredd off the bike easily enough, and then the two would engage in a h2h/shootout style battle. Cap could take it, perhaps, but it depends on the circumstances of how well he got off to a start.

systemshock2
Good fight. Other than Batman, Captain America is the only other superhero that I would consider the best hand to hand combatant. Cap could easily block and avoid Dredd's gun assault's long enough to engage him in some h2h combat, and then Dredd is just history.

Adam Warlock
Cap will kick his arse.

systemshock2
I can just see it now. Dredd is about to yell to Cap that he's under arrest when Cap simply uses his lighting reflexes to slam the edge of his shield on Dredd's throat. End of fight lol.

Grimm22
Cap owns Sylvester Staloone stick out tongue

Soljer
Cap dodges bullets like it's his job. And he can run at nearly 60 miles per hour, meaning he could probably sprint a bit faster, making the bike Dredd is on almost useless. Unless Dredd decides to go over sixty, at which point it would become fairly difficult to aim that gun(no matter what the action movies say, it's HARD to hit a moving target. It's even harder to hit one when YOU are moving as well.)

Combine this with the fact that Captain America has been able to hit missiles in the air? I think he would be able to decapitate Dredd with his shield, before he even gets his gun unholstered.

And if it came down to hand to hand, this goes to cap in an even larger curbstomp.

CA, 10/10.

grey fox
Originally posted by Soljer
Cap dodges bullets like it's his job. And he can run at nearly 60 miles per hour, meaning he could probably sprint a bit faster, making the bike Dredd is on almost useless. Unless Dredd decides to go over sixty, at which point it would become fairly difficult to aim that gun(no matter what the action movies say, it's HARD to hit a moving target. It's even harder to hit one when YOU are moving as well.)

Combine this with the fact that Captain America has been able to hit missiles in the air? I think he would be able to decapitate Dredd with his shield, before he even gets his gun unholstered.

And if it came down to hand to hand, this goes to cap in an even larger curbstomp.

CA, 10/10.

Hit missiles , Soljer Cap friggen DISSECTED a damn truck with his shield.

Soljer
Originally posted by grey fox
Hit missiles , Soljer Cap friggen DISSECTED a damn truck with his shield.

But a missile flies MUCH faster than a truck, and at higher altitudes. I was trying to show Cap's meticulous aim and projection capabilities, not the strength of his throw.

grey fox
Originally posted by Soljer
But a missile flies MUCH faster than a truck, and at higher altitudes. I was trying to show Cap's meticulous aim and projection capabilities, not the strength of his throw.
Ahhh , ok.

Silent_Bomber
With the bike I think this would be a solid Dredd win.

There's no reason for Dredd to be on the bike, he'd probably be better off using it as a diversion, or for covering fire, or order it to wheel around cap to facilitate some kind of flanking maneuver.

Cap ordinarily being able to dodge gunfire doesn't really mean anything concrete here either, Dredd is not a normal crook, he has pretty much superhuman skills with a gun (able to draw aim and fire his gun in a ludicrous 1/600th of a second according to one story), unless Cap is like Neo I think he would have difficulty here, Dredd could cover the whole area in well-aimed bullets in a second.

The Lawgiver is also a versatile weapon, If Cap uses his shield Dredd could switch to Ricochet and alternate between frontal and bounce shots.

If Dredd swaps to Hi-Ex and Cap blocks it shouldn't he be thrown backwards anyway? that would pretty much lead to him being dead too.

I'm not really even sure how it would end in straight hand to hand, Dredd is pretty damn resilient, he's taken multiple super-human level punches before, and was skilled enough to fight batman to a draw (though honestly I think Captain would take the majority here, his stamina is too good and he's most likely noticeably stronger than Dredd).

The biggest danger is the shield throw I think, that could well take out Dredd decisively, and quickly, though a miss, or serious but non-fatal injury on Dredd would probably result in Cap being dead (and heck, the bike providing cover could probably cut the feasibility of using this attack anyway).

Flyattractor
Isn't Cap full on Superhuman now?

So .... SPite THREAD!

Q99
Originally posted by Etrigan
That's true, but does Dredd have any H2H feats to boast? He is a skilled combatant, that is for sure.

He beat the deadly assassin, Stan Lee, also known as the Deathfist for his martial arts skills.

Silent_Bomber
Originally posted by Flyattractor
Isn't Cap full on Superhuman now?

So .... SPite THREAD!
He can take explosions and move at Superman speed now?

Maybe the Cap should be counted as being his earlier incarnation then, being that this is a pretty old thread.

Originally posted by Q99
He beat the deadly assassin, Stan Lee, also known as the Deathfist for his martial arts skills.
The Batman fight is also cannon (for Judge Dredd at least).

Judge Anderson had a premonition of a Bat saving MegaCity 1 in the normal 2000ad strip, a premonition that is subsequently mentioned in Vendetta in Gotham (the crossover with the main Batman/Judge Dredd fight), she was in space prior to that crossover and the writer was told that he had to end his story early so that she would be back in MegaCity 1 in time for that crossover to take place. Deputy Chief Judge Herriman also dies in the "Die Laughing" crossover, 2000ad readers had to buy that book to actually know what had happened to him.

Judge Hershey becomes Deputy in the Judge Dredd Megazine due to the Herriman murder in Die Laughing, so you could say that her rise to eventually becoming Chief Judge of MegaCity 1 was helped along by one of the Joker's inventions.

Q99
Originally posted by Silent_Bomber
He can take explosions and move at Superman speed now?

No, he's still just running the same super soldier serum, they just tend not to pretend that's still within human limits any more.

Silent_Bomber
Originally posted by Q99
No, he's still just running the same super soldier serum, they just tend not to pretend that's still within human limits any more.
Dredd's not really in human limits either though is he?

No human could ever even remotely survive getting punched in the head this hard

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/jesusarnold/punch.png

KingD19
Several DC and Marvel humans take harder hits than that with no problems on average.

And Cap just recently took his entire chest piece being exploded by Gambit. Also he survived his ship burning up in re-entry and smacking into a 4 story building.

Silent_Bomber
Originally posted by KingD19 Cap just recently took his entire chest piece being exploded by Gambit.
Wow, just checked that scan, looks like pretty solid evidence that Captain America actually is explosion proof blink

I guess Cap wins then, LOL, if he can take an explosion that size he must be pretty much bullet proof & Hi-Ex proof, doesn't leave a lot for Dredd to be able to do.

Silent_Bomber
I think Hi-Ex could possibly do more damage.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/jesusarnold/capexplosion.png

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/jesusarnold/dreddexplosion.png

JakeTheBank
I like Dredd. But he gets his ass kicked.

Silent_Bomber
What I don't get though, is how the Cap vs Batman thread got as long as it did. I mean, Batman would be even more worse off than Dredd confused

If Captain America's body is as tough as steel then how the heck is Batman supposed to hurt him in hand to hand blink

JakeTheBank
Inconsistencies. Plus, Batman has feats of hurting people he "shouldn't" (which may or may be PIS depending on your prerogative).

Stoic

No human could ever even remotely survive getting punched in the head this hard

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/jesusarnold/punch.png

Ha ha that was rich. Anyways Cap beats him.

Silent_Bomber
I guess Dredd could distract Cap whilst ordering the Bike to cycle around and unload its own Hi-Ex's in Cap's back, then Dredd could unload all his Hi-Ex's in Cap whilst he's down. Don't see many other ways of winning unfortunately.

Not sure if Armour Piercing could affect Cap, its said to be able to go through 2cm's of Steel + a perp and carry on going, but I think it tends to be less effective than Hi-Ex.

Daredevil1
What I don't get though, is how the Cap vs Batman thread got as long as it did. I mean, Batman would be even more worse off than Dredd confused

If Captain America's body is as tough as steel then how the heck is Batman supposed to hurt him in hand to hand blink

Steve is very durable and has a incredible damage soak probably one of the best of his peers. But individual target strikes from A-list martial artist have proven time and time again, that they can indeed hurt him.

These guys also have proven that they can hit outside of there weight class.

These guys are the cream of the crop. Plus explosion don't target specific vulnerable areas like nerves, joints, throat, pressure points etc etc.

Silent_Bomber
Originally posted by Daredevil1
Steve is very durable and has a incredible damage soak probably one of the best of his peers. But individual target strikes from A-list martial artist have proven time and time again, that they can indeed hurt him... explosion don't target specific vulnerable areas like nerves, joints, throat, pressure points etc etc.
I guess the Dredd/Batman fight is a very different ballgame really. I always thought it would probably be Dredd's superhuman reactions, and brute strength which allowed him to fight Batman to a standstill, brute strength is not going to help him against Captain America, and Dredd probably doesn't have Batman's knowledge of pressure points and weak spots to fall back on (he's obviously very skilled at hand to hand, but I've never seen him use those kinds of techniques).

So whilst Batman is around par with Dredd, he's probably much better suited to fighting against Captain America than Dredd is.

Though looking through some more scans it seems that Captain America is also faster than a speeding bullet, so I don't really see how Batman would even be able to connect a pressure strike in the first place confused

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/jesusarnold/capfaster.png

Originally posted by Daredevil1
These guys also have proven that they can hit outside of there weight class.
Unfortunately its difficult to find similar kinds of comparisons for Dredd simply because he doesn't live in a world full of famous superheroes to come up against, or partake in enemy crossovers where you can say stuff like "Dredd held his own against so-and-so once, and so-and-so nearly killed Superman" etc

Q99

He's a clone of the genetically-best judge trained from childhood and kept young with rejuv treatment. So, not really.

Silent_Bomber
Originally posted by Q99
He's a clone of the genetically-best judge trained from childhood and kept young with rejuv treatment. So, not really. There's also a line in Book of the Dead which said something about their bloodline being descended from the "ancient Judda" causing Dredd to have "the purest genetic material", but in the face of Oz, and Origins its kinda' hard to make sense of that line tbh.

Also it was written by Grant Morrison & Mark Millar, so most fans probably pretend it doesn't exist.

DTM
Dredd is good, really good, but IMO Cap is just better overall.

Q99
Judge Dredd kinda is Megacity-One's 'Captain America'. He embodies and protects the ideals of his society.

Also he has a tech edge. Lawbringers are really versatile and really strong.

Bentley
Eh? What the heck is wrong with people in this thread? Dredd obliterates Steve with his full equipment, this isn't even close no expression

Silent_Bomber
Originally posted by Bentley
Eh? What the heck is wrong with people in this thread? Dredd obliterates Steve with his full equipment, this isn't even close no expression I thought he would win too until I saw Captain America outrunning bullets and being hit point blank range with Hi-Ex level explosions and not taking damage.

The Captain America I remember from my childhood though could definitely be taken out by Dredd IMO.

Unless by "full equipment" you mean the Killdozer of course, I doubt Cap could damage a "Nuclear blast-proof" tank. smile

KingD19
Imo Cap has overcome much worse than Dredd, his gun, and his bike. And made it look easy.

Bentley
Dredd has faced worse than Cap, that logic is crappy logic.

This thread is like saying "hey, let's make Cap fight Batman, but let's put Bruce in Doctor Doom's armor to make it fair". Cap is hilariously outgunned here, against an opponent that could make him work for a win on straight combat.

Silent_Bomber
Dredd has faced worse than Cap, that logic is crappy logic.Agreed
Cap is hilariously outgunned here.Going by the Gambit scan the Lawgiver would be ineffectual, Dredd would be shooting Hi-Ex's and even if they hit Captain America they wouldn't be doing any damage.

Even if Dredd fires so fast that there's a wall of bullets (which he probably can do), if Captain America can run faster than a bullet (which is showed in the other scan), then even in a worst case scenario he can just turn around and run away from the bullets!

I'm not up on recent Captain America, and am just largely taking others' words on the matter, so If there's a reason to discount those two scans (non-canon, artwork blunder, Gambit's explosions are weaker than real world equivalents etc,etc), then I'm back on the Dredd can win side, if not then I've got to give it to Cap.

Bentley
Cap is not really imprevious to explosions, nor literaly faster than a bullet, specially not Dredd's futuristic weapons and tech with intelligent bullets and such.

I heavily doubt Remy intended to kill Steve with the explosion that appeared on panel, so I must assume he actually held back from his regular high end explosions. It would be against Gambit's intentions to kill Cap, so he probably just wanted to ko him but Cap proved to be too superhumanly sturdy compared to a regular human -or whichever amount of force Gambit decided to use as a comparision not to kill Cap-.

KingD19
Gambit's normal cards are about equivalent to a hand grenade. He charged Cap's entire chest piece.

Bentley
Originally posted by KingD19
Gambit's normal cards are about equivalent to a hand grenade. He charged Cap's entire chest piece.

To kill Earth's most celebrated and beloved hero? The guy who even Punisher respects so much that he wouldn't fight back? I know that AvsX was badly written, but to claim Remy would use an amount of force high enough to blow up Cap is ridiculous nonsense. Gambit can control the force of his explosions anyways.

Silent_Bomber
I must assume he actually held back from his regular high end explosions. It would be against Gambit's intentions to kill Cap, so he probably just wanted to ko him but Cap proved to be too superhumanly sturdy compared to a regular human -or whichever amount of force Gambit decided to use as a comparision not to kill Cap-. The problem I have with that idea is the way the nearby trees react to the explosion, I think they indicate that its quite a powerful blast.

Personally I think that story was just a case of fan-wankery from the writer (someone mentioned in another thread that the writer didn't seem to even know how Gambit's powers work), but i'm still not sure if I'd want to discount it on that assumption alone.

KingD19
AvX was pretty much written to give the Avengers every advantage they could get. Like Cap punched out Warpath with no problems, despite Warpath being a superhuman above Cap's level and being a beast with his twin knives.

Q99
Agreed
Going by the Gambit scan the Lawgiver would be ineffectual, Dredd would be shooting Hi-Ex's and even if they hit Captain America they wouldn't be doing any damage.

He'd be using a variety. He'd be using heatseeker, and ricochet, and AP, and so on.

Dredd is an incredible skilled gunfighters who's dangerous even with basic bullets.

Bentley
The problem I have with that idea is the way the nearby trees react to the explosion, I think they indicate that its quite a powerful blast.

Explosions that are weaker at point blank and get more powerful when they expand, huh? As you mentioned it would seem the writer didn't know how Gambit's power work.

Anyways, tree busting strength should be between the victinicy of what Cap can tank, since he has taken hits from people who can break trees in half with a kick and such, but it's not something that directly relates with how well he can take bullets.

Silent_Bomber
OK drop the explosion-proof Cap then.

Hi Ex makes short work of this tree, seemingly doing more damage then Gambit's explosion, so its a moot point anyway.

http://i216.photobucket.com/albums/cc1/jesusarnold/hiex-2.png

Stub Gun vs Caps shield? no affect or say goodbye shield?

big grin

Q99

Stub Gun vs Caps shield? no affect or say goodbye shield?

big grin

The shield can handle stub guns. It's proof against... pretty much everything.

Silent_Bomber
Originally posted by Q99
The shield can handle stub guns. Not even a singe?
Originally posted by Q99
It's proof against... pretty much everything. Yeah but Stub Guns can slice through... pretty much everything.

People in the Marvel Universe have managed to outright destroy the shield before haven't they?

Bentley
The shield can take pretty much anything Dredd can ditch, but it won't save Steve for long with a barrage of bullets, heat seekers and other nifty tricks Dredd carries.

Rage.Of.Olympus
To kill Earth's most celebrated and beloved hero? The guy who even Punisher respects so much that he wouldn't fight back? I know that AvsX was badly written, but to claim Remy would use an amount of force high enough to blow up Cap is ridiculous nonsense. Gambit can control the force of his explosions anyways.

Look at the size of that explosion. The force looked like it even uprooted some trees.

Gambit may not have tried to kill Captain America (Not entirely sure, AvX was butchering characterization so who knows), but clearly would have left a non-meta as a stain.

Captain America beat the shit out of Warpath in that same fight. Tanking an explosion from a Gambit who tried to blow him up might not even be the craziest feat of that battle

I'd also like to point out that it was stated Gambit fully charged Steve's shield with kinetic energy when he tossed at it him so he wasn't exactly going easy.

Rage.Of.Olympus
Here's the scene I was talking about:
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/11871956/AVX-Zone_015.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/11871968/AVX-Zone_016.jpg.html
http://www.turboimagehost.com/p/11871972/AVX-Zone_017.jpg.html

Beats Warpath, then Gambit (Again?), easy. F*cking Captain America, son.

Silent_Bomber
The shield can take pretty much anything Dredd can ditch, but it won't save Steve for long with a barrage of bullets, heat seekers and other nifty tricks Dredd carries. Stumm gas (which I believe is a standard piece of utility belt equipment) might help if the fight was in a building.

Bentley
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

This is hilarious, but I still think that Cap + Fury beating the U-foes it's beyond it.

Silent_Bomber
Beats Warpath, then Gambit (Again?), easy. F*cking Captain America, son. Dredd beat Satan in hand to hand combat once.

angel

Caps Conscience
Satan has always been overated H2H.

curryman
Originally posted by Rage.Of.Olympus

Mad jobbing smile

Not even a case of skill. Gambit's trying to throw cards at Cap when's half a foot away from him.

YFZ 350
Going with Cap.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.