Strange, Batman & Hulk as One vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crease
The Grandmaster has offered Thanos of Titan membership into The Elders of the Universe. Thanos has to defeat a being of The Grandmaster's creation that he claims will rival the power of The Mad Titan. An amalgam of 3 earthborn mortals, from two different realities.

Intrigued and not having had a challenge in eons, Thanos mulls the offer. The thought of adding the Power Primordial to his own personal might is too much to bear. If he were to tap into it in conjunction with The Fallen One's black matter and his own cosmic might...the possibilities would be endless. Thanos accepts.

Knowing that Thanos couldn't resist such an offer, The Grandmaster has already commissioned his fellow Elder, The Collector, to gather 3 individuals to hold in stasis. For raw strength, they have The Hulk. Mystical might and preparation is present in the form of Earth's Socerer Supreme, Dr. Strange. And for for raw H2H fighting skill and prep ability, Batman.

The Grandmaster concentrates mightily, drawing upon The Power Primordial. An instant later, the 3 are merged as one, with all of the abilities, experience, artifacts, and equipment of each at his disposal.

Each has one week to prepare...who wins and how?

badabing
I need for more people to chime in on this one to even come close to a decision. confused blink

Thunderstrike
Hmmm. Strange has said that the Titan is more powerful. I'm assuming his powerlevel is what we're looking at here.
Batman is by no means near Thanos' intelligence. Even combined with Dr. Strange, it's still not enough.
Hulk's strength really wasn't enough to come close either.

My vote is for Thanos, but it's slim.

Mider
lol does strange have his artifacts, or prep if so he wins alone

Thunderstrike
Strange has been quoted as saying, "With all my power, I cannot defeat the Mad Titan alone."

Mider
yeah and that sounds like bull since strange has defeated death

Thunderstrike
Prove it, because I don't believe you.

Also, remember: Thanos had Death in love with him, and he also had sex with her. He's defeated Death and then some.

vold
thanos fanboys...

Thunderstrike
Prove to me that Dr. Strange alone could take Thanos, and I'll change my opionion. By your immediate cry of fanboy, it seems that you can't.

Doom3524
The most important thing in the first post on this thread is "given one week to prepare" That gives Strange enough time to gather all of his crazy artifacts and Batman time enough to be....well.....Batman. Thanos is immensly powerful and a top notch cosmic power, but even given the time to think about it he also has his own internal "I have to mess up" issues. The difference maker is the Hulk. It has been said that his strength has no limits, and anyone who has seen or read anything with the Maestro in it knows that is a true statement. With Thanos locked in battle with the Hulk encased in some forcefield provided by Strange (Much like the X-Man/Hulk vs. Thanos story) Batman comes up with some sort of gadget (I F'n hate Batman by the way, he is such a dumb character) to make the final blow!

Winner: A very battle scarred trio.

Crease
Originally posted by Doom3524
The most important thing in the first post on this thread is "given one week to prepare" That gives Strange enough time to gather all of his crazy artifacts and Batman time enough to be....well.....Batman. Thanos is immensly powerful and a top notch cosmic power, but even given the time to think about it he also has his own internal "I have to mess up" issues. The difference maker is the Hulk. It has been said that his strength has no limits, and anyone who has seen or read anything with the Maestro in it knows that is a true statement. With Thanos locked in battle with the Hulk encased in some forcefield provided by Strange (Much like the X-Man/Hulk vs. Thanos story) Batman comes up with some sort of gadget (I F'n hate Batman by the way, he is such a dumb character) to make the final blow!

Winner: A very battle scarred trio.

You'r forgetting the final part of the original post:

"The Grandmaster concentrates mightily, drawing upon The Power Primordial. An instant later, the 3 are merged as one, with all of the abilities, experience, artifacts, and equipment of each at his disposal."

These guys are no longer 3 seperate beings, so they can't each attack him seperately. The new, merged being posesses the combined attributes of each.

And yes, both Strange and Thanos have access to their respective artifacts. The only exceptions are no vehicles or robots. So no Batplane, no Sanctuary II for Thanos, no hoverchair or robot servants.

Crease
Also, Thanos has long since purged himself of the subconcious "I have to mess up" issues.

Doom3524
So wait, does this mean that Thanos has the Gauntlet?

Crease
No, Thanos doe not have the Gauntlett. After his one week of prep, he comes to the battlefield with whatever he would normally have on him during a physical confrontation.

The amalgam of Strange, Bats and Hulk also have whatever they woul;d normally carry on them. For instance, since Batman always has his utility belt they obviously have that on. They (it) would also probably have The eye of Agamotto and The Crimson Bands of Cytorrak as well.

Battle takes place on the barren surface of an earth-like moon.

Crease
Bump.

golem370
If I remember correctly wasn't Dr Strange and Drax laying in a bin while Thanos was facing Odin K.O'ed?

Thunderstrike
If Thanos gets access to what he wants, he could always grab the Cosmic Cube.

grey fox
Fusui0on get's whomped .

Bat's is useless

Hulk is marginally useful but is one dimensional

Strange has admitted to getting his ass kicked by Thanos

The mad titan Pimp slaps this idiot so hard he separates back into his three forms.

Crease
Originally posted by grey fox
Fusui0on get's whomped .

Bat's is useless

Hulk is marginally useful but is one dimensional

Strange has admitted to getting his ass kicked by Thanos

The mad titan Pimp slaps this idiot so hard he separates back into his three forms.

So, if Dr. Strange had Batman's fighting ability, one week prep and Hulk's strength, The Mad Titan still gives him the pimp hand?

Thunderstrike
Fighting ability won't help much when your opponent has throttled Champion when Champ had the Power Gem.

who?-kid

Thunderstrike
Okay, first of all, I did nothing to you, so saying I'm a fanboy has little to no merit, so dont' be a douche.

Second, What is the Hulk's strength going to do when Thanos has beaten Hulk before with ease.

Third, Strange has already said that he cannot defeat Thanos. In fact, they've met before, and Strange didn't come out victorious.

Fourth, this is one entity, not three. It would more than likely be harder for the entity to defeat Thanos than for a team.

who?-kid
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Okay, first of all, I did nothing to you, so saying I'm a fanboy has little to no merit, so dont' be a douche.

Wasn't exactly aiming at you, was talking in general. But it's true you know, there exists a very die hard fanclub of Thanos worshippers who put him above just about every single character there exist. They can simply not accept the fact he can lose (like he has lost many battles in the past by the way) or that he can make mistakes.

But back to topic, this is too much for Thanos to take.

That means nothing and you know it. Do you have any idea about the characters Strange has defeated in the years ? I'd like to see Thanos vs Dormammu hah !

Strange can timetravel, use illusions, teleport, travel through dimensions... he can teleport Thanos purple ass into a black hole if he wants. He doesn't need Hulk to do that.

Strange is just too versatile. And together with Hulks strength... wow... poor Thanos.

Thunderstrike
Once again, Hulk can't beat Thanos. Having Hulk's strength wouldn't help a bit. Neither would Batman's gadgets. Also, Teleporting him away won't help, considering Thanos doesn't consider black holes much (Annihilationmessedilver Surfer 1) and he could just teleport right back. Also, Strange has never done anything that Thanos has not accomplished, and once again, Strange has remarked himself that he cannot defeat the Titan.

who?-kid
You seem to make a big deal about ONE remark of dr. Strange, but everybody who reads comics, knows these remarks don't mean a thing. Really, they don't.

But since you insist, here's another quote : Thanos himself has said he was scared fighting the Hulk. And I never said Hulk can beat Thanos, but he will give him a serious workout (talking about Savage Hulk by the way, to avoid misunderstandings, professor Hulk won't last long against Thanos).

Oh, and maybe I missed something, but since when can Thanos teleport by himself ? That chair of him was able to teleport, but Thanos himself ?

Crease
All earthborn, Eternals, Thanos, and his father Mentor, can teleport of their own individual power. They find the experience unpleasant, so they use technology to teleport whenever possible, bit they can do it.

Secondly, there is no such thing as a Thanos fanboy. This guy is so badass it's stupid, and with prep NOTHING is beyond his grasp. Thanos is the reason we say "Fill in the blank" is skyfather level, or even use skyfathers as measuring sticks for power. Before his fight with Odin the term skyfather meant a lot less than it does now. Once we saw a skyfather could beat up on The Mad Titan that instantly made them the shiznit.

Someone would have to claim Thanos could beat an abstract w/o prep to even be approaching fanboyism with this dude.

Thirdly, I know Bats is useless in this fight. His 2 major strengths are his prep ability and his fighting skill, and Thanos outclasses him in both. And Strange is at least as good as Bats with prep. So yeah, he's useless. I just threw him in there to try and lure his fanboys out. I just knew one of them would claim he's a better fighter than The Mad Titan, or that he's anything more than an insect to Thanos.

So this is really about Dr. Strange with the Hulks unlimited rage and strength vs Thanos of Titan.

who?-kid
Batman IS a better fighter than Thanos.

I know Thanos is considered as this superb hand to hand fighter, but come on, gimme me a break, when he fights, he uses ordinary and predictable kicks and punches. If he weren't so goddamn tough, he would lose every single fight.

grey fox
Originally posted by who?-kid
Batman IS a better fighter than Thanos.

I know Thanos is considered as this superb hand to hand fighter, but come on, gimme me a break, when he fights, he uses ordinary and predictable kicks and punches. If he weren't so goddamn tough, he would lose every single fight.

He's like champion . The marvel staff have no one who knows any decent martial arts so they just make him a brawler.

Crease
"Batman IS a better fighter than Thanos."

See? I knew it would work. evil face

BobbyD
All fused together, I like their chances...more so than as a separated 3some....all too one dimensional-get squashed. All in all, a good thread, Crease.

I like the fusion of brains, brawn and magic.....very, very powerful. Do you guys not think that Bats' mind would come up with an anti-teleportation spell? Or, Strange coming up with an anit-fatigue, anti-pain spell to go to toe?

Goodbye, Thanos....meet Death (again).

Sorry guys. If nothing else, at worst this is a stalemate. erm

Crease
Originally posted by BobbyD
All fused together, I like their chances...more so than as a separated 3some....all too one dimensional-get squashed. All in all, a good thread, Crease.

I like the fusion of brains, brawn and magic.....very, very powerful. Do you guys not think that Bats' mind would come up with an anti-teleportation spell? Or, Strange coming up with an anit-fatigue, anti-pain spell to go to toe?

Goodbye, Thanos....meet Death (again).

Sorry guys. If nothing else, at worst this is a stalemate. erm

Thanks...Thanos is so badass it took me a while to come up with someone who could give him a go that wasn't at least a skyfather. I wonder if Thanos kills off all the other Eternals, would he qualify for membership into The Elders of the Universe? I feel a new thread coming on...

who?-kid
Originally posted by Crease
"Batman IS a better fighter than Thanos."

See? I knew it would work. evil face
Yeah I'm a real Batman fanboy sick

But when he's better, he's better. End of story. Fighting wise, Thanos is overrated. On paper, he's the man, but in erm "reality", he's a bit of a brawler.

grey fox
They should do what they did in DMC3.

BobbyD
The more I start thinking about these 3 characters traits rolled into one person, the more I see Thanos getting his ass handed to him, Crease.

Fused team 7/10.

leonheartmm
batman and hulk are no factors. thanos would own them. on the other hand thanos is nothing compared to strange. strange kills em all with a simgle spell.

TheKahn
Imo, this boils down to a Dr. Strange vs Thanos fight (speaking of which that could use a bump shifty ). Given that Thanos can pimp-slap the Surfer and survive travel through black holes so I don't see how the Hulk's strength will be a factor. The same goes towards Batman and his h2h fighting skills (see Thanos' fight with Champion).

While Batman is fairly clever, I don't see him contributing much in the brains department either. Given Dr. Strange's years of training and experience and the fact that he has a wealth of magical knowledge and I just don't see how detective skills will factor in. Now I know many people will claim that Batman's jobber aura will kick in and he will, and I really love this, "find a way to win." If Dr. Strange, Odin, and the Silver Surfer haven't found an easy way or weakness to exploit to beat Thanos, I don't think Batman could.

So we are left with Dr. Strange vs Thanos. Who would win? Well, I tend to think that would depend on where the fight takes place. In this forum with its rules I could see Dr. Strange taking a majority but in comics Thanos seems to rank slightly higher than the doctor so I could see him taking the majority there.

BobbyD
I think a lot of people are missing the point in this thread...it's all 3 rolled into 1 character, not 3 individuals taking on Thanos...which he'd easily take them out in my opinion.

A creature with Bat's brains and fighting skills with Hulk's strength is equivalent to whom?...oh I don't know, pick someone-anyone. Then fuse this character with Strange? Oh my gosh! Run for your life!!!!!!

eek!

Picture this: Excellent hand to hand fighting skills with very good creativity and intelligence, combined runaway limitless strength, with "top shelf" casting abilities. This amalgam is a monster to be reckoned with.

Crease
"Picture this: Excellent hand to hand fighting skills with very good creativity and intelligence, combined runaway limitless strength, with "top shelf" casting abilities. This amalgam is a monster to be reckoned with."

Sounds like Thanos to me...just replace the spell casting with "top shelf" cosmic power.

With the one week of prep time, I think "Dr. Strangebat" gets the pimp-hand. Thanos use of prep is superior to both Bats and Strange.

Jabba the Hutt
Dr. Bulkman

Crease
Bump.

superman41082
See the thing is, when you add guys in like Hulk and Batman, it gets screwy. If the guy's a mix, he'd be devious, yet easily distracted, you know, by butterflies and stuff. Batman could be calculating the next move, and then Thanos could do somehting to make Strangehulkbat mad, and he Strangehulkbat goes "Strangehulkbat Smash!", at which point Thanos would lure him into his demize. Also, if you take away Hulks anger, what is he? Nothing. So, you'd have to make this more specific for Strangehulkbat to have a chance. We'd need the best attributes from all, including Hulk at full strength, and discarding their bad traits.

Crease
I thought I'd made that point earlier in the thread...if not, my bad. This guy has all 3 of these guys best qualities and weaknesses, but none would cancel each other out. So if he were plotting something, the Hulk in him wouldn't just go all "HULK HATE PURPLE MAN!!! HULK SMASH!!!".

superman41082
Well, poop crease! This is a tough one, simply because when people are this powerful and beyond us, it's hard to judge exactly where they are. It'd be like looking down a road with no debris at 4 objects miles and miles away and trying to decipher which one is furthest from you. When you get into the hundreds of tons, it's hard to know who's got the slight advantage, and what do we honestly know about magic except that some characters are good at it, and some are very good. If you add these 3 together, I couldn't really tell you if they'd be about as powerful, a little less powerful, way less powerful, or even way more powerful. That's just too diffucult to say. I could buy that these 3 together would possibly be much more powerful than The Titan.

Acknowledging that, I think that it could go either way, but who am I to know for sure? If Thanos had all those jewel thingies, it'd be more difficult for the Strange Hulkbat, but I'll say that the definately have a shot.

Though we're taking the best qualities from all, there might be one problem with this Strange Hulkbat, however. Batman has developed his cunning because of his lack of other abilities. If you just thrust him into a body as powerful as a Hulk and Strange put together, who knows if he'd be able to navigate it. In a comic, Batman switched bodies with Clark by w/e kryptonit that does that, and he really didn't like it that much. Or, make this Strange Hulkbat something that was alive from birth, who knows if the Bat would have developed his mind in the same way. What use would there be for detective work when you have Dr. Strange's abilities. Thanos, on the other hand, has faught enemies that he needs cunning for, despite how powerful he is, so he's more experienced in that way.

Nonetheless, if you gave it Batman's cunning in the body of a Hulk and Strange combined, I think they definately would have a chance at taking the Titan down.........

superman41082
Originally posted by superman41082
Well, poop crease! This is a tough one, simply because when people are this powerful and beyond us, it's hard to judge exactly where they are. It'd be like looking down a road with no debris at 4 objects miles and miles away and trying to decipher which one is furthest from you. When you get into the hundreds of tons, it's hard to know who's got the slight advantage, and what do we honestly know about magic except that some characters are good at it, and some are very good. If you add these 3 together, I couldn't really tell you if they'd be about as powerful, a little less powerful, way less powerful, or even way more powerful. That's just too diffucult to say. I could buy that these 3 together would possibly be much more powerful than The Titan.

Acknowledging that, I think that it could go either way, but who am I to know for sure? If Thanos had all those jewel thingies, it'd be more difficult for the Strange Hulkbat, but I'll say that the definately have a shot.

Though we're taking the best qualities from all, there might be one problem with this Strange Hulkbat, however. Batman has developed his cunning because of his lack of other abilities. If you just thrust him into a body as powerful as a Hulk and Strange put together, who knows if he'd be able to navigate it. In a comic, Batman switched bodies with Clark by w/e kryptonit that does that, and he really didn't like it that much. Or, make this Strange Hulkbat something that was alive from birth, who knows if the Bat would have developed his mind in the same way. What use would there be for detective work when you have Dr. Strange's abilities. Thanos, on the other hand, has faught enemies that he needs cunning for, despite how powerful he is, so he's more experienced in that way.

Nonetheless, if you gave it Batman's cunning in the body of a Hulk and Strange combined, I think they definately would have a chance at taking the Titan down.........
Any thoughts on Batman navigating such a powerful being????

badabing
I've learned in comics, cartoons and this forum, nothing is really above Bats.

superman41082
Originally posted by badabing
I've learned in comics, cartoons and this forum, nothing is really above Bats.
Ok, I can definately buy that. It was just something that came to mind. Bats is tha man.

GODSCRIBE
Well there's your problem. You say that the amalgamation rivals the power of the Mad Titan. Thanos beats enemies many times more powerful that him with ease..what do you think he'll do to a being equivalent to him in power?

Thanos 10/10 prep or no prep.

Milkie
If this thread can be made why did my Titanic Battle Tank Juggernaut thread get closed?

nightwing 1996
how can you close something my brother wrote some dumb ass threads

nightwing 1996
anyone there

Milkie
NO STFU

Crease
Originally posted by superman41082
Any thoughts on Batman navigating such a powerful being????

I think Batman's fighting skill inside the Hulk's frame would pose a small problem for the Mad Titan, but not be nearly enough to defeat him. Someone took the bait earlier and posted:

"Batman IS a better fighter than Thanos.
I know Thanos is considered as this superb hand to hand fighter, but come on, gimme me a break, when he fights, he uses ordinary and predictable kicks and punches. If he weren't so goddamn tough, he would lose every single fight"

Someone else stated:

"Fighting wise, Thanos is overrated. On paper, he's the man, but in erm "reality", he's a bit of a brawler."

On panel, Batman shows more fighting skill. But let's use common sense here. Thanos has trained Gamora, long considered to be the most dangerous woman in the galaxy. He also slaughtered the entire Ovarian Mercenary Army (hopefully I got the name right) because he was bored. The guy's also estimated to be about 20,000 years old, and a good amount of his early years were spent roaming the galaxy aquiring all sorts of skillz (I'm presuming fighting was one of them). Lastly, if I had his physical and cosmic might, I wouldn't waste time using Brazilian Jiu jitsu. I'd either kill you with a single puch, or blast your ass to death when I'm feeling lazy.

Truly, Bats is useless in this fight. His 2 major strengths are his prep ability and his fighting skill, and Thanos outclasses him in both. And Strange is at least as good as Bats with prep. So yeah, he's useless.

With or w/o prep, Thanos 8/10.

superman41082
This is an interesting thread.......

Thanos_6383
Thanos wins some. Thanos loses some.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.