Who dosen't Palpatine/Sidious have a lightsaber?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

theEviljedi
Your thoughts?

UnknownBountyHunter
Force Lightning of course, he uses it on Luke.

theEviljedi
Well what if he dosen't have it in the prequels?It could take years to get.

Dim
He's already a master...I'm sure he's already got it.

UnknownBountyHunter
Agreed.

theEviljedi
Then he should have used it on the Federation to show he means bussiness like Vader with his hand choke.

UnknownBountyHunter
Well, he didn't want to be revealing.

Snarlingcur Matt Dalrymple
My thoughts are: He probably has one, but doesn't care to be a warrior. He would rather get things done by verbal means, and avoid actual hand to hand combat, unless it's absolutly nessesary. Much like Hitler, he would rather have an underling do his so called dirty work.

UnknownBountyHunter
Good point SnarlingCur.

Darth Heinous
Darth Sidious does have a lightsaber. It's underneath his robes. He IS a good sword fighter to have taught Darth Maul. In Dark Empire he defeats Luke quickly (although he loses the 2nd duel).

UnknownBountyHunter
Isn't Dark Empire the series of books by Tom Veitch?? If so than I understand.

Tom Gon Jinn
Drth Henious thinks Palpatine is Sidious, which I think is probably true, although knowing Lucas, he will probably make out he is not because everyone else is saying he is.

tainted one
he probably does have one. he likely hasn't needed to use it in a while, don't you think? he probably did use it to help in maul's training, but sidious doesn't look like a spring chicken. "you're powers are weak old man" (oh, wait, wrong movie, wrong guy)

Dim
I agree. I think Sidious does have one but choses to use force lightning...

King Jedi
I realy hope we see him use it in Ep2 or 3 against a lightsaber weilding Yoda. I seem to remember reading that Palpatines sabre is pure white.

Xizor
No, I want to see his force lightning again. He has one, but like Yoda has advanced enough in theeir respective talents to use more deadly devices, I still want to see what Yoda has to counter force lightning.

Darth Heinous
Yoda can counter Force Lightning by using Absorb/Dissipate Energy. Darth Vader used Absorb/Dissipate Energy when he countered Han Solo's blaster shots in Episode 5 on Cloud City. Yoda could also use his lightsaber to block Darth Sidious/Palpatine's Force Lighting.

UnknownBountyHunter
Thanx for the info Heinous smile

Xizor
Yes, that info is very interesting. Yet I'd still like to see something more dramatic to fight force lightning. How would this absorb/dissipate thing work against a lightsaber?

UnknownBountyHunter
I feel the lightsabre would simply retract the force lightning and simply melt it down into a puddly of goo.

justinday15
he dosent need a lightsaber, he has enough powers.

cookies2006
but when it comes to a duel he might need one.

GordonSkywalker
Only if his apprentice fell. Lord Sidious/Emperor Palpatine has always used his students to fight with the lightsabers as their weopons.He has never really need to use one if he has one of his own somewhere on his person.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.