Best Test for Your New Xbox360: GRAW

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
just a tip for anyone who is into fps games AND is looking into getting a new xbox360. its becoming more and more widely known that GRAW is the most taxing game available for your 360. people have actually claimed that GRAW ruined their xbox, but the truth is that its really the only game which demands constant uses of all three processor cores, therefore testing the (closest to at this point) high end performance of the console. just go to any xbox forum and do a search and you'll see exactly what i'm talking about.

so, before you buy CoD2 (awesome game btw) first invest in GRAW and play the hell out of it, the second you hook up your new console. if you have a lemon on your hands, you should know within a couple of days or even a few hours.

and dont feel secure with xbox's warranty because if your system busts and THEY take it in, they will send you a lemon refurb which will very likely die (plus you have to go for like 2 weeks with NO gaming while you wait). i've read too many testimonials of people going through like 3-5 xboxes this way and counting. (by 'and counting', i mean that they would post as soon as they got the newest lemon, begging the question of how long THAT one is going to last).

my system works well, thank god. also hooked up an intercooler which i recommend to everyone, since the stock fans are borderline disfunctional, and when you play a game like GRAW it will really heat up without added circulation. just a little off topic advice to throw insmile

Phat J
see, i would buy a 360, but theres all these problems you shouldnt have to deal with on a console. id rather just pimp my computer out and play all the games with a mouse and keyboard.

H. S. 6
My Xbox has been working fine since the day I got it. erm

PVS
Originally posted by H. S. 6
My Xbox has been working fine since the day I got it. erm

so has mine. but how does that help the people who are stuck with lemons?

H. S. 6
Originally posted by PVS
so has mine. but how does that help the people who are stuck with lemons?

Was it supposed to?

Koala MeatPie
Another fine example of why you should go with PCs, none of that "The game broke my PC" stuff.

Unless you are dumb enough to overclock.

Worst that can happen is it going 1 FPS, then you having to reboot.

Allthought Upclose the graphics are nto as Good As F.E.A.R., I will say that it is VERY good for further off and still keeps good quality.

BackFire
My first 360 was a dud, returned it to gamestop and got a new one, no problems since.

I think most people who send it back to MS to get it fixed aren't getting duds returned to them, the percentage that are is pretty low.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by BackFire
My first 360 was a dud, returned it to gamestop and got a new one, no problems since.

I think most people who send it back to MS to get it fixed aren't getting duds returned to them, the percentage that are is pretty low.

My feelings. thumb up

No doubt, Microsoft screwed up with the problems at launch. However, it seems they're doing a decent job cleaning up the mess now.

Sir SKEETS Alot
I was playing N.B.A 2k6 and my shit froze like 2 times.............. What the f**k?
Besides that it's all good...........

-Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!

H. S. 6
Originally posted by Sir SKEETS Alot
I was playing N.B.A 2k6 and my shit froze like 2 times.............. What the f**k?
Besides that it's all good...........

-Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!

Could be the disc, if that's the only game that froze.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Could be the disc, if that's the only game that froze.
Must of been but it was freash out the box............

-Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!

Smasandian
Freezing has nothing to do with the XBOX usually.

It's from the code from the game.

It happens with my Madden 06 on the GC.

BackFire
Nah, some 360's do have a freezing problem, not dependant on the game. It comes from a problem with either the hard drive or the DVD drive.

Phat J
Originally posted by Sir SKEETS Alot
Must of been but it was freash out the box............

-Skeet Skeet Skeet!!!

do you know what skeet means?

Magee
IT MEANS SKEET SKEET MUTHA FUKA.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by BackFire
Nah, some 360's do have a freezing problem, not dependant on the game. It comes from a problem with either the hard drive or the DVD drive.
Hmm I see.......
Originally posted by Phat J
do you know what skeet means?
confused no you think.........

Phat J
just think of it like skeet shooting; you pull, then you shoot.

Sir SKEETS Alot
just think of it like skeet shooting; you pull, then you shoot.
............... whistle

Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!!!!!!

Phat J
just makin sure

sort of a weird thing to put after every one fo your posts

H. S. 6
just makin sure

sort of a weird thing to put after every one fo your posts

So is "Is it comprehensible", but hey...

crazy_shadow
My 360 hasnt froze and had no problems, and I played GRAW on it tons of times at my friends house. We even played 4 player multiplayer, It worked just fine. It didn't give my friends 360 problems either, so I don't know what the fuss is about. Probably just more complainers who don't know how to take care of their consoles. The overheating problem was due to them putting it in bad environments. But whatever.

Phat J
So is "Is it comprehensible", but hey...

thats even worse, at least skeetmans trying to be funny. the other one just comes off as trying too hard.

Smasandian
My new XBOX 360 (feels wierd saying that considering I've had an Nintendo console all mt life) hasnt had any problems. I'm actually pretty impressed with the system and its set up. I really liked the gamertag and the ability to go to my user page at any moment.

Too bad that some games are next gen and some arnt.

But GRAW kicks ass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.