Superboy Prime vs. Silver Surfer

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
fights in space..................

Mider
lol interesting

Murda Mase
Superboy wins.

Superboy would just punch his way outa anything Surfer did to him.

Surfer could kill him and he'd probably punch his way back to life.

the Darkone
SS will kill him, hell superboy prime lost to regular superboy.

Murda Mase
Originally posted by the Darkone
SS will kill him, hell superboy prime lost to regular superboy.

Just cuz Conner beat him doesn't make him weak.....

the Darkone
oh yes it does, SS willl turn him into a toaster.

Murda Mase
oh yes it does, SS willl turn him into a toaster.

Superboy would punch outta that.

the Darkone
Originally posted by Murda Mase
Superboy would punch outta that.

how the hell you are going to punch out of being turned into a toaster or jello pudding. SS all the way

B dot Rob
The same way you punch out of the Phantom Zone/Jason Todd back to life -_-.

Murda Mase
how the hell you are going to punch out of being turned into a toaster or jello pudding. SS all the way

Thats what he does.

His fists solve any problem.

Superman asked Superboy to cut the lawn and he punched every blade of grass to do it.

Try to make logical points, the eyes and ears of Marvel , and DC comics are here in these forums viewing your comments lets try to sound like we know what we are talking about. Thank you gentlemen.

Mider
how do we know that matter manipulation would work on him, he servived being driven into the speed force, and even being put under a red son, and he is strong enough to break out of dimensions, not even surfer can do those things can he? if matter manipulation dont work surfer is toast with a capital T and i dont know if matter manipulation works has he gone up against matter manipulatiors? SBP i mean?

Murda Mase
Originally posted by Moderator
Try to make logical points, the eyes and ears of Marvel , and DC comics are here in these forums viewing your comments lets try to sound like we know what we are talking about. Thank you gentlemen.

You can't use logic when talking about Superboy Prime.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Conner beat superboy Prime???

-Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!!!!!!

Murda Mase
Originally posted by Sir SKEETS Alot
Conner beat superboy Prime???

Yes which makes Conner>>>>>>Superboy prime equally implying that Conner can do any feat Superboy prime can.

Mider
you mean making his lip bleed then dieing after there fight wow what a victory for superboy

Murda Mase
Originally posted by Mider
you mean making his lip bleed then dieing after there fight wow what a victory for superboy

I'd like to see you do it.

Validus
Have some sense. They gave Conner a good showing before his death. Doesn't mean Conner > SBP.

Mider
is that a rebuttle to his weak showing? id like to see you do it?

Soleran
I doubt that SS can touch SB prime.................he beat the speedforce, phantom zone as well.....................he had even said that the Flash's had kept him by a red sun to attempt to depower him and he still got out.

SS is toast.

Validus
laughing out loud

Murda Mase

Well can you?

Mider
are you in fifth grade or something? If i could do that maybe id super punch you in the mouth for being a smar butt.

Murda Mase
are you in fifth grade or something? If i could do that maybe id super punch you in the mouth for being a smar butt.

Whats a smar?

TheKahn
Originally posted by Validus
laughing out loud

Indeed wink

Mider
smart i mean

Dont let the thread become personel. First and final notice.

Wally West
We haven't seen that much from Boy Prime that would put him miles ahead of Surfer, sure he has beaten Black Adam, Martian Manhunter, Superboy, the Titans, etc. but Surfer could beat those guys too, probably as easy. Escaping the phantom zone is a good feat, but theres nothing to really compare it to in Marvel so we don't know if Surfer could achieve the same thing. Could Surfer move planets around? Maybe.

We'll see just how tough Superboy Prime is in #7, I suspect Kal-El and Kal-L will kick his ass.

Validus
Originally posted by Moderator
Dont let the thread become personel. First and final notice.
laughing

Sir SKEETS Alot
laughing
Exactly that guy's a clown................ laughing

B dot Rob
Black Adam would whomp Silver Surfer

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by B dot Rob
Black Adam would whomp Silver Surfer
Not likely............

B dot Rob
Knowing Surfer he'd try to engage Bladder in H2H only to find Adam's foot in his face.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Knowing Surfer he'd try to engage Bladder in H2H only to find Adam's foot in his face.
Or Surfer throws him into a black hole............

B dot Rob
Or Black Adam pimp slaps Surfer into a black hole.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Or Black Adam pimp slaps Surfer into a black hole.
Silver surfer>>>>>>Blackholes................

B dot Rob
Pimp Slaps >>>>>>>>> Silver Surfer

Sir SKEETS Alot
Pimp Slaps >>>>>>>>> Silver Surfer
Depends who's Pimp Slap not Adam's his is much to weak.

Mider
since black adam is magic he may very well kick surfers butt even he is not immune to magic, and SBP smacked black adam like nobody's buisness so can matter manipulation work on him? SBP i mean?

B dot Rob
It would probably be as effective as putting him in the Phantom Zone was.

Oh and a pimp slap from Black Adam would make Silver Surfer scream DADDY!

Sir SKEETS Alot

Oh and a pimp slap from Black Adam would make Silver Surfer scream DADDY!
Guy Surfer is in another league Adam has no chance.............

B dot Rob
Guy Adam is in another league Surfer has no chance..........

mighty adam
Originally posted by Murda Mase
Superboy would punch outta that. -prime is whack all he do is punch. shit all the hulk can do is punch but thats all he got. prime has other powers he just to stupid to use them.

Murda Mase
I bumped the Surfer vs Adam thread if you guys wanna check that out. Just sayin.

Murda Mase
Originally posted by mighty adam
-prime is whack all he do is punch. shit all the hulk can do is punch but thats all he got. prime has other powers he just to stupid to use them.

LMAO laughing

B dot Rob
Prime will also heatvision the shit out of you and flash freeze you with his ice breath.

Mider
like i said since adam has magic in his fists or whatever he might very well hurt surfer.

mighty adam
hulk can beat prime.....don't flame. see hulk has punch threw time and all kinds of other thing. if prime go at hulk punch for punch he will lose. now this is just me saying this wat i am saying is not a fact. but yeah i think hulk can take him IN A PUNCH FOR PUNCH kinda match.

TheKahn
While I'm a fan of the Surfer, I have to give a majority to SPB. Surfer has had trouble with characters who, while having impressive physical strength, were not anywhere near SPB's level of punching through dimensions. Now, the Surfer does have more variety in his power set, but I do not know if he would have time in the fight to use his more exotic abilities as Superboy Prime has speedblitzed Flashs.

Slightly off topic, the Hulk wouldn't have any chance against SPB even in a strictly h2h fight. Much weaker characters (Namor and Iron Man immediately come to mind) have been able to K.O. the Hulk before he grew too strong.

Mider
hulk beat SBP? i dont think even warhulk could

JOE NUNEZ
so who's wining so far.

Avalonofthewind
Surfer pulls his mightiest attacks on SBP:

SBP: *Arrgh...the power...*
*The power cosmic hurts!*
*It hurts!!!*

*ACTUALLY...IT TICKLES....*

SBP punches Surfers head off...

TheKahn
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind

*It hurts!!!*

laughing

Murda Mase

*It hurts!!!*

Best response laughing

UniOmni
And then Kon resurrects momentarily, and bloodies him again......And all across the world, comicbook fans scratch their heads and ponder the inconsistencies.
Truly, nothing i've seen has shown that Superboy can actually touch Surfer if he uses his speed. Surfer is the fastest hero in DC and Marvel, barring none and by a good measure.
He is stronger than him yes, but if he can't punch him, what good does the muscle do??
And could he use kryptonite on him?? PC kryptonians practically had their throats close if in near proximity to the stuff.
I realize that the same kind of K'nite he would use on Superman would be useless, but since he has cosmic awareness, and can scan dna makeup like he did to Gladiator and Hulk, couldn't he simply replicate the precise variety of k-nite that SBP maybe dangerously weak too??
And then punch him??
I then predict that Surfer knocks his head off, ala Pantha style.

Thunderstrike
Though I think that SBP is going to win more times than not, Surfer could always tie his life force to the Moon.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Though I think that SBP is going to win more times than not, Surfer could always tie his life force to the Moon.

Doubtful. The guy punched his way of of the phantom zone. He wasn't even supposed to have powers in there...he should have been in a wraithlike state.

SBP does not seem to follow logical rules.

Redatom65
avaon who's the guy with the helmet asnd the black horns comin out in ur sig

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by Redatom65
avaon who's the guy with the helmet asnd the black horns comin out in ur sig
Should be Asmodel but their's two guy's with horns in the sig...... confused

-Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!!!!!!1pimpslap

Mider
one is asmodel isnt it and the other satannus?

Thunderstrike
Doubtful. The guy punched his way of of the phantom zone. He wasn't even supposed to have powers in there...he should have been in a wraithlike state.

SBP does not seem to follow logical rules.

It's a possibility. Sot sure how he would be able to get his life force away from the planet though.

Dude, knock it off with the skeet crap. It's disgusting. Do it one more time and I'm reporting you.

Sir SKEETS Alot
It's a possibility. Sot sure how he would be able to get his life force away from the planet though.

Dude, knock it off with the skeet crap. It's disgusting. Do it one more time and I'm reporting you.
Are you serious...........What the f**k?

Thunderstrike
Are you serious...........What the f**k?

Yes, I'm serious. It's not funny. It's just disgusting and lude. Keep that shit out of here.

manjaro
whats wrong with skeets

Sir SKEETS Alot
Yes, I'm serious. It's not funny. It's just disgusting and lude. Keep that shit out of here.
It's funny how you're the only one complaing....... roll eyes (sarcastic)
Go ahead report it it's not braking any rules you'll be wasting you're time...............erm

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by UniOmni
And then Kon resurrects momentarily, and bloodies him again......And all across the world, comicbook fans scratch their heads and ponder the inconsistencies.
Truly, nothing i've seen has shown that Superboy can actually touch Surfer if he uses his speed. Surfer is the fastest hero in DC and Marvel, barring none and by a good measure.
He is stronger than him yes, but if he can't punch him, what good does the muscle do??
And could he use kryptonite on him?? PC kryptonians practically had their throats close if in near proximity to the stuff.
I realize that the same kind of K'nite he would use on Superman would be useless, but since he has cosmic awareness, and can scan dna makeup like he did to Gladiator and Hulk, couldn't he simply replicate the precise variety of k-nite that SBP maybe dangerously weak too??
And then punch him??
I then predict that Surfer knocks his head off, ala Pantha style.

This was a guy strong and fast enough to rearrange planets around the universe so fast that the planets seemed to materialize in their new orbits. Able to speedblitz multiple flashes who had a head start on him.

I know that you hate Superman characters, but if Thanos outclasses SS, then SBP totally shatters him.

Sir SKEETS Alot
This was a guy strong and fast enough to rearrange planets around the universe so fast that the planets seemed to materialize in their new orbits. Able to speedblitz multiple flashes who had a head start on him.

I know that you hate Superman characters, but if Thanos outclasses SS, then SBP totally shatters him.
Agreed and I'm one of the biggest SS supporters.

Avalonofthewind

PC kryptonians were pretty much invulnerable to everything outside of kryptonite, magic, and red sunglight.

Scratch all those from Superboy Prime as he is not weakened from red sunglight (but he gets no power boost from it either) laughs off magic, and isn't affected by Post crisis K.

Add to this that Alex shared with him his matter/anti matter powers and that he doesn't seem to follow any kind of logical rules and it's a wrap.

manjaro
obviously this would have to be a physical matchup....SBP is not much on energy manipulation but he sure can take it. SS would have to absorb unheard of amounts of cosmic energy to boost his strentgh just to last long enuff to say lets talk it out,,,that is b4 getting his freaking head pucnhed off.

ive been trying to drum this in on these forums for a while now, but SBP has the powers of and adult PC superman, so nobody is beating him now.....or ever..especially when he grows up.plus the thing that ppl dont get is he's a year older now, when he came out of the SF with the armor he was a bulkier teen. SS would be screaming for Zen-la in no time

Templares
How would Silver Surfer beat Superboy Punk?

Simple, he would drain the yellow sunlight out of him. In fact if he goes into battle with that silly armor of his, it would easily tip the Surfer as to where SBP is drawing power. Using a little matter manipulation, that armor would be expelling yellow sunlight.

Of course, the Surfer doesnt need the armor to tip him off SBP's weakness nor to drain him dry. He could just drain him with the PC from a distance and be done with it.

And oh, the Surfer escaped the confines of the Soul Gem(Vol.2? SS#8).

B dot Rob
And then he would get his head punched off after realizing that SBP doesn't need silly yellow sun rays to shatter dimensional barriers, more or less, knock his head off.

snoopdogg

*It hurts!!!*

SBP punches Surfers head off... beer

Wally West
If Superboy (Conner) can hurt Superboy Prime then I don't see why Silver Surfer can't, and Martian Manhunter gave him a little trouble too and Surfer beyond him.

He isn't invincible, someone is going to take him out in #7.

Templares
Oh im sure he still has some stored yellow sunlight during his stay on "heaven", which allowed him to punch through dimensions (despite the fact its ****in' weird), but make no mistake the Surfer can and will drain those reserves as well.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Wally West
If Superboy (Conner) can hurt Superboy Prime then I don't see why Silver Surfer can't, and Martian Manhunter gave him a little trouble too and Surfer beyond him.

He isn't invincible, someone is going to take him out in #7.

More than likely Darkseid, or Krypto evil face

B dot Rob
Maybe even Spectre.

B dot Rob
Originally posted by Templares
Oh im sure he still has some stored yellow sunlight during his stay on "heaven", which allowed him to punch through dimensions (despite the fact its ****in' weird), but make no mistake the Surfer can and will drain those reserves as well.

After being ripped to pieces of course.

Thunderstrike
Oh god I hope not. He's killed enough people. If he's the hero of the Crisis then I'm gonna scream. Maybe if Steel throws his hammer the distance of Apokalypse to Earth.

snoopdogg

He isn't invincible, someone is going to take him out in #7. Superboy did not hurt him. He got in a few shots but SBP was fighting Martian Manhunter, Powergirl too at the same time. Connor died right after the fight.

Look how easily he b!otch slapped Black Adam. Black Adam is a f*cking stud but was outclassed with Prime.

Thunderstrike
Yet SBP was getting whomped by the Manhunter. Explain that.

B dot Rob
He wasn't getting whooped more or less surprised. Not to mention MM should be able to kick his ass with his density control and such.

snoopdogg
Yet SBP was getting whomped by the Manhunter. Explain that. You call getting one shot in gettin whomped? laughing

That's a good one. Oh and if you actually read the comic you would realize SBP was fighting more than just one person...................

Templares
Yeah but the Silver Surfer usually shows mercy on emo punks. PC blast, drain, intangibility. Rinse and repeat.

Thunderstrike
Before that, the only person who touched him was Black Adam. Nice try, but he wasn't fighting a group yet.

snoopdogg
Before that, the only person who touched him was Black Adam. Nice try, but he wasn't fighting a group yet. The very last panel of the fight with MM and SBP shows Prime punching MM in the jaw.

SBP does not need yellow sunlight to have his powers. They just make him that much more powerful. He is a Pre-Crisis Kryptonian.

Thunderstrike
No, it doesn't. It has Prime socking Superboy prime, THEN the team steps in, and Superboy prime does the whole emoish keep the darkness away scream, then Manhunter dissapears for some reason.

B dot Rob
Yeah but he didn't really get whooped. Oh and SBP would just speedblitz Surfer once he realizes his attacks are ineffective and slips up.

Wally West
Impulse was smacking him around in #4 shifty

rolling on floor laughing

Soleran
OMG SBP is sick! Exactly he came to the Earth with Alex and was more powerful then Supes and he had no yellow sun, then apparently in the Speedforce the Flash's attmpted to Depower him by using Red Sun apparently for "years." Guess what he just came back and beat everyone like a red headed step child.

No way SS can handle this kid his power lvls are sick.............Maybe sentry though wink (that was a special slide in for snoopdogg)

B dot Rob
Yeah but notice how effective the attacks (which I assume were IMPs) were laughing out loud

Thunderstrike
Yeah but he didn't really get whooped. Oh and SBP would just speedblitz Surfer once he realizes his attacks are ineffective and slips up.

Surfer is faster.

B dot Rob
only on the surfboard which can be punched into pieces evil face

snoopdogg
Surfer is faster. You have to realize that were are not dealing with a Post-crisis character.

SBP is the real deal.

Thunderstrike
Pre-crisis doesn't mean squat. Is pre-crisis Batman faster than Silver Surfer? No. He'd be doing this:
http://content.ytmnd.com/content/5/9/d/59dba44551c90180b355788d4d8663ea.gif

Prove to me he's faster and I'll give you a cookie.

Templares
Speedblitz a guy who could also blitz him. Yeah that will happen.

Last time i checked being pushed/dragged into the Speed force is not a speed feat.

Here's another way on how the Surfer will dispose of SuperEmo; drag him to a red sun but instead of simply dumping him there like what the Flashes did, Norrin whales on him with PC galore while the red sunlight weakens him. No Anti-monitor armor for you d!ck.

B dot Rob
The Pre Crisis Super family didn't really have a limit to their speed and were as fast as they wanted to be (well maybe not Supergirl).

Oh and Red Sunlight means jack shit to Prime. Surfer can only make his time evil face

snoopdogg
Pre-crisis doesn't mean squat. Is pre-crisis Batman faster than Silver Surfer? No. He'd be doing this:

Prove to me he's faster and I'll give you a cookie. I don't know if you know what your talking about. confused

Pre-Crisis don't mean squat?

Templares
Geoff Johns apparently goofed then since SBP was compelled to create his fancy armor that process yellow sunlight for him because of the red sun environment.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Pre-Crisis don't mean squat?

Meaning just because someone is from the pre-crisis era doesn't mean they're faster than the Silver Surfer. I want proof that he can move faster, not speculation! Everybody ribs people about Sentry, why can't you give evindence for SBP?

B dot Rob
Look in the SBP respect thread for proof.

Dynamic One

quit bein a biqqity biqqity *****. If you dont wanna see any skeet then i suqqest you qo to the pq 13 room an never look here aqain or your mom's mouth. How are you just qonna decide what is bad or disqustin for me i found it funny

leonidas

Prove to me he's faster and I'll give you a cookie.

name a single speed feat ss has achieved that flash hasn't done or exceeded -- easily.

Thunderstrike
That's the Flash, not SBP. I'm very aware that the Flash is faster.

leonidas
sorry dude -- someone earlier in the thread said ss was the fastest by far in both marvel and dc. thought it was you. 'pologies . . .

B dot Rob
SBP speedblitzed Flash

Wally West
Flash faster than Silver Surfer eh?

Surfer can reach lightspeed instantly, he can travel lightyears in seconds...

Thunderstrike
When? The only time I've seen the flashes was in IC4.

Templares
The Flashes blitzed SuperEmo.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by leonidas
sorry dude -- someone earlier in the thread said ss was the fastest by far in both marvel and dc. thought it was you. 'pologies . . .

Tis cool. Actually, I think Runner is the quickest.

leonidas
that's an old argument that no one in the runner's camp has ever been able to prove.

i still say flash, but this isn't the place for that discussion. wink

Avalonofthewind
Flash and the Eradicator are the quickest. Surfer is up there though.

TheKahn
There is a "Who is the fastest" thread in the Comic Book Movies forums if anybody is interested shifty

Avalonofthewind
Speedblitz a guy who could also blitz him. Yeah that will happen.

Last time i checked being pushed/dragged into the Speed force is not a speed feat.

Here's another way on how the Surfer will dispose of SuperEmo; drag him to a red sun but instead of simply dumping him there like what the Flashes did, Norrin whales on him with PC galore while the red sunlight weakens him. No Anti-monitor armor for you d!ck.

Looks like we have another Superman hater in the house.
By the way, Superboy prime doesn't have a weakness to red sunlight and Surfer is nowhere near powerful enough to take him out on his own.

Thunderstrike
Uh, Avalon, SBP is pretty emo, to be honest. It's a fact dude.

B dot Rob
I'd say he's more pissed off then emo. The only time he was really emo IMO was in the TT slaughter.

Thunderstrike
Uh, Keep the darkness away?

Templares
Yeah. Viva la diference.

But Johns apparently forgot about it. Which leads to the question why did the Flashes dump him near a red sun? Why did it took years for him to get back? If red sunlight doesnt affect him then why did he have to create the armor? In the context of IC#6, red sunlight affects SBP.

Which makes it a viable tactic for the Surfer touse against him, along with intangibility and transmuting SBP's armor into something detrimental to him.

Validus
Meaning just because someone is from the pre-crisis era doesn't mean they're faster than the Silver Surfer. I want proof that he can move faster, not speculation! Everybody ribs people about Sentry, why can't you give evindence for SBP?
That's pretty funny. SBP has actual feats that crap all over Sentry. Just the other day you were ready to say Supreme Power Hyperion is above Superman. Where were the cries for evidence then?

And Flash is faster than Surfer. wink

Thunderstrike
That's pretty funny. SBP has actual feats that crap all over Sentry. Just the other day you were ready to say Supreme Power Hyperion is above Superman. Where were the cries for evidence then?

This isn't Sentry vs SBP. This is Silver Surfer vs SBP. Stick to topic. Also, if what is said about his power is true, then more than likely he's just as if not more so than Superman. Galactus has less feats than Superman. Can Superman beat Galactus? Stick to topic.

And Flash is faster than Surfer. wink

And I agreed with you. But SBP is not faster than the Flash, so what the hell does that have to do with anything?

B dot Rob
SBP was able to hit the Flash who runs circles around the Silver Surfer

Avalonofthewind
Yeah. Viva la diference.

But Johns apparently forgot about it. Which leads to the question why did the Flashes dump him near a red sun? Why did it took years for him to get back? If red sunlight doesnt affect him then why did he have to create the armor? In the context of IC#6, red sunlight affects SBP.

Which makes it a viable tactic for the Surfer touse against him, along with intangibility and transmuting SBP's armor into something detrimental to him.

For the same reason that Batman tried to use a Knite ring on E2 Supes. They didn't know any better and tried what they thought was a sure fire weakness. The years thing is subjective. Time works differently in the speed force. They thought they could get rid of him, and obviously it didn't work.

Wally West
And Flash is faster than Surfer. wink Which feats do you base that on? Outrunning Death?

Thunderstrike
SBP was able to hit the Flash who runs circles around the Silver Surfer

Wha? When in IC has he hit the Flash? They threw him into the speed force.

B dot Rob
Outrunning Instantaneous movement What the f**k?

Validus
This isn't Sentry vs SBP. This is Silver Surfer vs SBP. Stick to topic. Also, if what is said about his power is true, then more than likely he's just as if not more so than Superman. Galactus has less feats than Superman. Can Superman beat Galactus? Stick to topic.

Terrible analogy. Galactus and Superman aren't analogous characters so thats completely different. The only thing Hyperion has to put him on the top tier is an excerpt from JMS pitching Supreme Power to the powers that be. Apparently thats enough for you to say he can beat Superman yet Prime speedblitzing three Flashes isn't enough to prove his speed? Being able to physically affect the Phantom Zone isn't enough to show he can resist transmutation, at least to some degree? Your dislike of the S symbol is shining through.

And I agreed with you. But SBP is not faster than the Flash, so what the hell does that have to do with anything?
Could Surfer speedblitz 3 Flashes? No? Ok then. Travel speed is much less important than fighting speed.

Thunderstrike
Could Surfer speedblitz 3 Flashes? No? Ok then. Travel speed is much less important than fighting speed.
Uh, SBP didn't speeblitz three flashes. In fact, it's LITERALLY THE OPPOSITE CONSIDERING THEY CHUCKED HIM INTO THE SPEED FORCE!

Validus
Uh, SBP didn't speeblitz three flashes. In fact, it's LITERALLY THE OPPOSITE CONSIDERING THEY CHUCKED HIM INTO THE SPEED FORCE!
http://img368.imageshack.us/my.php?image=124kn.jpg

roll eyes (sarcastic)

B dot Rob
Lol I love that panel because he sounded so tongue-and-cheek when he did it.

Like hay guyz i'm fast too

Thunderstrike
Ahem
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8198/pg229fj.jpg
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/3598/pg240zx.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8798/pg254oq.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/5806/pg261ra.jpg

He's faster than who?

Templares
For the same reason that Batman tried to use a Knite ring on E2 Supes. They didn't know any better and tried what they thought was a sure fire weakness. The years thing is subjective. Time works differently in the speed force. They thought they could get rid of him, and obviously it didn't work.

The keyword here is that for SBP it took years for him to escape even though he was just gone by several hours in our time. In addition, his stay in the red sun compelled him to create his armor which means the environment somehow contradicts the previous notion of him being immune to red sunlight.

On a different note, where the heck was he imprisoned? In another Earth?

Validus
Which feats do you base that on? Outrunning Death?
1. Faster reaction feats (reacting in one femtosecond and doing it casually)
2. Stretching a second to a millenia
3. Time travel feats (superior to Surfers)
4. Speed stealing
5. No top speed

Yeah, in a race to the local McDonalds Surfer will probably win but once Wally really gets going, he has no limit to his speed.

Validus
Ahem
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8198/pg229fj.jpg
http://img472.imageshack.us/img472/3598/pg240zx.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8798/pg254oq.jpg
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/5806/pg261ra.jpg

He's faster than who?
The 3 guys he just casually speedblitzed as I showed you. wink

The Flashes had to take him by surprise to pull that off since on the page before he was busy killing Titans. Face to face he was beating them senseless. A Flash would have to amp for a decent amount of time to reach that level of raw speed.

Thunderstrike
He hit them once, Validus. One hit does not dictate he's got the uppper hand. I'm guessing if I walked up and hit Superman in the face once, and he didn't hit me back, I beat Superman. Give me a break. Also, just because you hit something doesn't mean you're faster than it either. Are you gonna say Doomsday is faster than Superman?

B dot Rob
All it takes is one hit for SBP to slap the Silver off the Surfer

Validus
He hit them once, Validus. One hit does not dictate he's got the uppper hand. I'm guessing if I walked up and hit Superman in the face once, and he didn't hit me back, I beat Superman. Give me a break. Also, just because you hit something doesn't mean you're faster than it either. Are you gonna say Doomsday is faster than Superman?
That's awful. How is that in anyway relevant to Prime catching Wally, Jay, and Bart completely by surprise his speed? They were ready to pound him to crap for what he did to Conner. You act like they ran up to him, stopped and let him punch them all in the face countless times since the art depicts Prime in blur.

Doomsday being faster than Superman is not a debate I want to get into. However Superman did mention he had trouble keeping up with Doomsday so by Superman's own word, Doomsday is fast.

Thunderstrike
The point I'm trying to make here is that you don't have to be faster to catch someone. I'm not saying SBP isn't fast. I'm saying that Flash is much faster than he is. Think of whenever Spidey tags Quicksilver. We know that Spidey can't run as fast, but he's got the reflexes to hit him. Do you see where I'm getting at?

B dot Rob
So basically SBP can be slower then the Flashes and hit them but he can't be slower then the Surfer to hit him?

confused

Validus
The point I'm trying to make here is that you don't have to be faster to catch someone. I'm not saying SBP isn't fast. I'm saying that Flash is much faster than he is. Think of whenever Spidey tags Quicksilver. We know that Spidey can't run as fast, but he's got the reflexes to hit him. Do you see where I'm getting at?
The point I'm trying to make is SBP is fast enough to consistently tag Flashes multiple times and is thus fast enough to tag Surfer. I don't think I'm stretching here.

Wally West
1. Faster reaction feats (reacting in one femtosecond and doing it casually)
2. Stretching a second to a millenia
3. Time travel feats (superior to Surfers)
4. Speed stealing
5. No top speed

Yeah, in a race to the local McDonalds Surfer will probably win but once Wally really gets going, he has no limit to his speed.
Well I don't consider time travel or speed stealing examples of someone being faster than another. Surfer has plenty of good reaction feats, perhaps not ones stating explicitly how fast he is reacting but if someone can move a lightyear in a couple of seconds, their reactions can't be that bad.

I don't believe I've ever seen anything say Silver Surfer has a top speed either, and if Flash didn't have a top speed then why couldn't he catch up to Zoom when he was pushing himself to his limits? The best he could do was get within reach to push him in the back. The only time he was as fast as Zoom was when he stole the speed of other speedsters.

Thunderstrike
The point I'm trying to make is SBP is fast enough to consistently tag Flashes multiple times and is thus fast enough to tag Surfer. I don't think I'm stretching here.

I never argued, at least I don't think, that the Surfer could physicall beat SBP. However, I've said that there's alternatives, and that Surfer is considerably quicker, meaning he can fly faster. That's really just about it.

Validus
Zoom is 100% time travel. Wally is half speed, half time travel. Even if Wally is 1000x light, Zoom can just screw with time to make himself 1001x light.

The Surfer on the other hand has been outpaced by the Stranger. No time travel involved. He's not even the fastest character in Marvel.

TheKahn
I am honestly lost as to the importance of determining who is strictly faster than who in this fight. I think both have sufficiently proven they are quick enough to prevent a speedblitz from determining the outcome of this fight (SBP hitting 3 Flashes multiple times at once and numerous examples of Surfer responding/thinking in bare fractions of a second). Add to the fact that both of them have been seriously challenged/hit by beings who demonstrated little if any superspeed in the fight and the speed issue is in my mind nearly pointless.

As to the possibility of Surfer using his transmutation power on SBP, I see a few problems with this. I am not aware of the Surfer using this ability when engaged in heated combat with a powerful character (I'm not 100% certain on this point so please correct me if I'm wrong). Which leads me to believe that it may take a level of concentration he cannot devote to that task in a fight. Also there are several high-end matter manipulators in DC and they have not attempted to use that attack against SPB. Which you could attribute to him either having some type of resistance to that or bad writing.

Then there is red sunlight and kryptonite. Assuming that the Surfer's cosmic awareness will work in a neutral universe, I have serious doubts how effective it would be against SPB. We do not have concrete proof in my mind that either could seriously hurt him. When the the Flashes tried to trap him under a red sun, we do not know if the suit he created was meant to counter the effects of the red sun or to simply increase his power so he could break free of his prison (iirc in Crisis on Infinite Earths SBP wasn't vulnerable to red sunlight anyway). And given his now apparent immunity to magic, I'm now sure how effective kryptonite would be against him.

So that leaves the "standard" punch/energy blast type of fight. Now his experience and variety of powers may win the Surfer a few victories, but I think SBP would win a majority. Simply put the Surfer has had trouble with characters far physically weaker than SBP. The kid tosses around planets and punches through dimensional barriers for crying out loud. As much as I like the Surfer I see him having a hard time beating SBP.

leonidas
Originally posted by TheKahn
As to the possibility of Surfer using his transmutation power on SBP, I see a few problems with this. I am not aware of the Surfer using this ability when engaged in heated combat with a powerful character (I'm not 100% certain on this point so please correct me if I'm wrong). Which leads me to believe that it may take a level of concentration he cannot devote to that task in a fight. Also there are several high-end matter manipulators in DC and they have not attempted to use that attack against SPB. Which you could attribute to him either having some type of resistance to that or bad writing.

wow, that's a GREAT point!! i wonder where have i heard THAT point raised before . . . whistle

good post all 'round, k. couldn't have said it better. wink

TheKahn
Originally posted by leonidas
wow, that's a GREAT point!! i wonder where have i heard THAT point raised before . . . whistle

I have no idea what you're talking about..... disguise shifty

Mindship
I'm not sure who this Superboy Prime is. I keep thinking of pre-crisis Superboy, one of those super-incarnations who pulls planets around by giant chains (giant chains...gotta love that). As much as I love Surfer, I see him having a very hard time against this kind of Superperson. Then again, given Surfer's versatility...

I see this going either way, largely because, from where I sit, there are just so many factors (known and unknown) to consider.

Redatom65
Prime would eat Surfer limb by limb

leonidas
Originally posted by TheKahn
I have no idea what you're talking about..... disguise shifty

laughing laughing

Templares
IIRC, in Cosmic Powers Unlimited (#3 or #4,when their still looking for Ganymede), the Surfer took control of Jack of Hearts' patented Zero energy causing him to convulse and writhe in pain. He did it with just a wave of his hand with the ominous words "just a sample."

He would do the same to Superboy Punk.

And like i said earlier, the Anti-Monitor armor that process yellow sunlight for him would stuck out like a neon sign for someone who is entune with the energies of the Cosmos. The Surfer could steal the energies that armor is producing or he could transform it to something that would drain SBP instead.

Of course not that he requires the armor to drain him.

Or what the heck, just blast and go intangible.

Avalonofthewind
The keyword here is that for SBP it took years for him to escape even though he was just gone by several hours in our time. In addition, his stay in the red sun compelled him to create his armor which means the environment somehow contradicts the previous notion of him being immune to red sunlight.

On a different note, where the heck was he imprisoned? In another Earth?

Once again, they trapped him in whatever the speed force was. We don't know if SS could survive that himself or fare any better.

We're going into too many possible details. The simple truth. SBP is stronger, faster, and clearly ridiculously invulnerable.

Unless SS can start moving planets at a speed where they appear to materialize around the universe, there is nothing more to debate.

Off with SS head! big grin

Murda Mase
What I don't get is SBP did all those insane feats, but all Conner did was smash him into something and he possibly died. WTF?

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>