she hulk vs thing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

diabloman
both of them are a little below 100 but they still got some muscle in them. who would knock out who ? thing will have some trouble if he pisses her off. but he would enjoy it in a way.

badabing
I heard She Hulk just got a power boost or did she just lose one?

batdude123
Originally posted by diabloman
both of them are a little below 100 but they still got some muscle in them. who would knock out who ? thing will have some trouble if he pisses her off. but he would enjoy it in a way.

Is this the new upgraded She-Hulk, or the classic version? I have a comic of Thing and Classic She-Hulk fighting. Thing was trying his hardest and She-Hulk wasn't, she was just trying to give Thing some publicity. She tried to about 70% of her ability and imo she still edged him out even though they pretty much went back and forth. Neither knocked each other out, but She-Hulk looked to me like she had the upper hand. I'll try and post some scans if I can. big grin

diabloman
Originally posted by batdude123
Is this the new upgraded She-Hulk, or the classic version? I have a comic of Thing and Classic She-Hulk fighting. Thing was trying his hardest and She-Hulk wasn't, she was just trying to give Thing some publicity. She tried to about 70% of her ability and imo she still edged him out even though they pretty much went back and forth. Neither knocked each other out, but She-Hulk looked to me like she had the upper hand. I'll try and post some scans if I can. big grin the new one

batdude123
the new one

Can I still post my scans? I went through ALL that trouble for nothing! bawling

diabloman
Can I still post my scans? I went through ALL that trouble for nothing! bawling hmmmmmmmm ok

batdude123
hmmmmmmmm ok

http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thingvsshehulk7cy.jpg
http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thingvsshehulk21zu.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thingvsshehulk30in.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thingvsshehulk43lc.jpg

big grin

diabloman
http://img91.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thingvsshehulk7cy.jpg
http://img71.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thingvsshehulk21zu.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thingvsshehulk30in.jpg
http://img87.imageshack.us/my.php?image=thingvsshehulk43lc.jpg

big grin cool. which comic book is this one ?

batdude123
cool. which comic book is this one ?

Fantastic Four #299 "The Best Man". The comics was alright, but the best part was this fight.

batdude123
To be honest, I think the only shot Ben would have at a victory would be if this WAS the classic She-Hulk. The new one would just straight up murder his ass. Even the classic She-Hulk would win, just look at my scans. She did all that to Ben and she was hardly even trying. She was looking out for Ben's safety and he didn't even realize it. She wins 8/10.

diabloman
they look cute together in a way big grin

Sir SKEETS Alot
Thing gets killed easy.............no

-Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!!!!!!1pimpslap

mrpress
She did all that to Ben and she was hardly even trying. She was looking out for Ben's safety and he didn't even realize it. She wins 8/10.

I read that comic. The Thing was in a bar drowning his sorrows and feeling sorry for himself. She Hulk decided to pound some sense into him. She even said that Thing had been boozing it up and was probably more then half-sloshed. Ergo he wasn't exactly in top fighting shape.

Another comic, The Thing #5 (sorry don't have scans, its buried somewhere in my basement) has the Thing fighting a Puppet-Master controlled She Hulk, immediately following a similar fight with a controlled Wonder Man. The Pupper Master has her going all out to kill the Thing and the Thing is basically the one holding back during the fight. He winds up taking She Hulk down by rolling her up in a block of asphalt.

Current She Hulk is stronger then Thing, although by how much is suspect as the Thing tends to understate his strength to everyone. They both know each other well, so fighting skills would probably be fairly equal here. A lot depends on two things: despite her new found strength can She Hulk take a punch any better then she used to? and how smart the Thing tries to fight her (he's aware of her new strength level so he probably wouldn't just wade in to get decked). Current She Hulk would have a definite advantage, but it still might not be the slaughter everyone expects it to be.

Psyquis52
Of course Thing is used to fighting people stronger than him. I swear Thing gets no love on this forum. You people seem to forget how long he's been in the biz and who all he's gone up against. Someone needs to start a respect thread for him.

I say that Thing is at a disadvantage but depending on what's at stake he's probably going to win.

Horrificus
Originally posted by Psyquis52
Of course Thing is used to fighting people stronger than him. I swear Thing gets no love on this forum. You people seem to forget how long he's been in the biz and who all he's gone up against. Someone needs to start a respect thread for him.

I say that Thing is at a disadvantage but depending on what's at stake he's probably going to win.

"Pineapple Thing" would kick the crap out of She Hulk.
I think the Thing is flat out awesome.
Oh, poor "Current Thing".
If he was written correctly, he would have so many more wins under his belt.
He is nearly class 100, and at his level of strength, the difference should not even be noticeable.
Also, he is an experienced fighter with a LOT of battles behind him.
With his strength, experience and skill, he should be a danger to almost all the big-boys. Instead, they write him like fodder to whomever he is going against.
Terrible.
I would love to see him get a strength upgrade, make more use of his baddass fighting skills, see him get a weapon of some sort, or be the first class 85 martial artist.

Psyquis52
I know when he was human Ben Grimm was an experienced and deadly Air Force Pilot. He even teamed up with a covert Canadian operative and got into a few scraps with him without a definate winner.

batdude123
Originally posted by mrpress

I read that comic. The Thing was in a bar drowning his sorrows and feeling sorry for himself. She Hulk decided to pound some sense into him. She even said that Thing had been boozing it up and was probably more then half-sloshed. Ergo he wasn't exactly in top fighting shape.

Another comic, The Thing #5 (sorry don't have scans, its buried somewhere in my basement) has the Thing fighting a Puppet-Master controlled She Hulk, immediately following a similar fight with a controlled Wonder Man. The Pupper Master has her going all out to kill the Thing and the Thing is basically the one holding back during the fight. He winds up taking She Hulk down by rolling her up in a block of asphalt.

Current She Hulk is stronger then Thing, although by how much is suspect as the Thing tends to understate his strength to everyone. They both know each other well, so fighting skills would probably be fairly equal here. A lot depends on two things: despite her new found strength can She Hulk take a punch any better then she used to? and how smart the Thing tries to fight her (he's aware of her new strength level so he probably wouldn't just wade in to get decked). Current She Hulk would have a definite advantage, but it still might not be the slaughter everyone expects it to be.

Dude, what are you smokin'? I have that comic book right in front of my face and she never makes a reference as to how drunk he was. She had the whole thing planned because Thing was feeling bad about how Alicia broke up with him. She just wanted him to fight with her in front of a crowed of people so they could cheer for him and stuff. She wasn't planning on hurting him or even trying her hardest, because she was trying to help him. Thing had no clue to this until the very end of the comic when he realizes what she was trying to do. Even with all of this, she still got the better of him. He was trying his hardest.

BTW, the point about the mind-controlled She-Hulk is moot. When somebody is mind-controlled, they don't fight to the best of their abilities.

Psyquis52
BTW, the point about the mind-controlled She-Hulk is moot. When somebody is mind-controlled, they don't fight to the best of their abilities.

This is true. yes

However, I still think Thing will win this.

Tony Stark
To be honest, I think the only shot Ben would have at a victory would be if this WAS the classic She-Hulk. The new one would just straight up murder his ass. Even the classic She-Hulk would win, just look at my scans. She did all that to Ben and she was hardly even trying. She was looking out for Ben's safety and he didn't even realize it. She wins 8/10.

You obviously didn't read the comic...

Ben was flat out wasted.

SHE-HULK said so herself that he had been drinking so much he couldn't even see straight.

Ben has thrown Jen around without problems on more than one occasion.

Ben wins 8/10 over any version of SHE-HULK.

wink

Psyquis52
That's right Tony. You show them.

badabing
That's right Tony. You show them.
Yeah, what he said. wink

batdude123
Originally posted by Tony Stark
You obviously didn't read the comic...

Ben was flat out wasted.

SHE-HULK said so herself that he had been drinking so much he couldn't even see straight.

Ben has thrown Jen around without problems on more than one occasion.

Ben wins 8/10 over any version of SHE-HULK.

wink

That was complete hyperbol right there. Thing wasn't showing any signs of being drunk whatsoever. He fought exactly as he normally does in any situation. I think if the writers really did want to make the Thing look drunk, then they would of made it apparent in the way he moved, the way he talked, and the way he fought. Yet, they did not show any signs of him being drunk at all. wink

Psyquis52
That was complete hyperbol right there. Thing wasn't showing any signs of being drunk whatsoever. He fought exactly as he normally does in any situation. I think if the writers really did want to make the Thing look drunk, then they would of made it apparent in the way he moved, the way he talked, and the way he fought. Yet, they did not show any signs of him being drunk at all. wink

Not that Marvel could actually show signs of being drunk back then. wink

batdude123
^ He was fighting exactly the way he always fights!

Tony Stark

Your joking right... He'd been sitting at the bar drinking all day.

Stop being an ignorant player hater...

wink

soujaboy09
In one comic She Hulk lifted The Things max strength limit with one hand. She Hulk also let Hercules beat her in arm wrestling, which means if she made an attempt and didn't let him win she could beat him. This is the same Hercules that had a arm wrestling match with Thor that threw the planet out of orbit.

She Hulk wins 6/10

Psyquis52
Strength is overrated.
Thing knows how to fight better and is more experienced.

Wynndar
She Hulk is rather under rated on here. Nonetheless, strength has little to do with it; Grimm can easily out fight her. A tired Thing only took about a page to beat She Hulk when she was controlled by the puppet master.

grey fox
While thing is possibly under she-hulks strength level he outclasses her in skills , having learnt judo and boxing . Jennifer on the other hand knows no major fighting style and uses a simple 'Brawl and punch' style .

Skills always outclass strength , look at batman .

Psyquis52
More power to the grey fox! big grin

grey fox
More power to the grey fox! big grin

WORSHIP ME !!!!!

*Notices a slight shuffling*

Hey don't look behind the curtain....THE FOX COMMANDS IT !!!!

GalacticStorm

Current She Hulk is stronger then Thing, although by how much is suspect as the Thing tends to understate his strength to everyone.

Current She Hulk i sat least twice as strong as the Thing as illustrated recently in her own series. Your opinion over the understating of his strength is just that, we can only go by feats and whats stated in the comics and bios. Shes considerably stronger than him and she is a decent enough fighter (having been trained by Cap) to win the majority.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by grey fox
While thing is possibly under she-hulks strength level he outclasses her in skills , having learnt judo and boxing . Jennifer on the other hand knows no major fighting style and uses a simple 'Brawl and punch' style .

Skills always outclass strength , look at batman .

She Hulk has been trained for many years by Cap, given that Cap himself is a master of a variety of martial arts your comments about the extent of her fighting skills are completely untrue.

As for skill ALWAYS winning over strength, thats far from the case. If that were true then Thing and Wolverine would always win against Hulk.

She Hulk is at least twice as strong as the Thing and she has years worth of training from one of the best. Thing is no master martial artist, he is as stated merely an experienced fighter, more so than She Hulk yes, but not to the extent where he could take the majority.

Thing holds his own against Hulk because the Hulk is dumb and has no fighting skill whatsoever, he's a straight up brawler who acts instinctively. However as we saw recently in F4 he completely stomped Thing just through sheer greater strength regardless of his lack of skill, with Thing admitting he didnt stand a chance. There comes a point when your skill level becomes irrelevant in the face of someone considerably more powerful. She Hulk being twice as strong as Thing plus, being smart and a skilled fighter should be able to take the majority.

Darth Kal-El
She-Hulk takes it 7/10

Irish Wolverine
I know when he was human Ben Grimm was an experienced and deadly Air Force Pilot. He even teamed up with a covert Canadian operative and got into a few scraps with him without a definate winner.

What issue was that in?

Wynndar
She Hulk was depicted as being stronger than the Thing in only one instance and that was for the convenience of the plot; would u continue to entertain the idea that because She-Hulk had that strength amp she would beat Champion, Herculese, Thor, Drax, and Silver Surfer under normal conditions? That is laughable. Other than that, Grimm was always stronger, more experienced, and a better fighter. Thing has fought plenty of people with more than a marginal advantage in strength which eventually proved to be irrelevant; his value as a character is not measured purely by his strength...that is why so many people like him, they can relate to his humanity and vulnerabilities...he's still one of Marvel Earth's best warriors.

badabing
Originally posted by Wynndar
She Hulk was depicted as being stronger than the Thing in only one instance and that was for the convenience of the plot; would u continue to entertain the idea that because She-Hulk had that strength amp she would beat Champion, Herculese, Thor, Drax, and Silver Surfer under normal conditions? That is laughable. Other than that, Grimm was always stronger, more experienced, and a better fighter. Thing has fought plenty of people with more than a marginal advantage in strength which eventually proved to be irrelevant; his value as a character is not measured purely by his strength...that is why so many people like him, they can relate to his humanity and vulnerabilities...he's still one of Marvel Earth's best warriors.
yes thumbup1

Tony Stark
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
She Hulk has been trained for many years by Cap, given that Cap himself is a master of a variety of martial arts your comments about the extent of her fighting skills are completely untrue.

As for skill ALWAYS winning over strength, thats far from the case. If that were true then Thing and Wolverine would always win against Hulk.

She Hulk is at least twice as strong as the Thing and she has years worth of training from one of the best. Thing is no master martial artist, he is as stated merely an experienced fighter, more so than She Hulk yes, but not to the extent where he could take the majority.

Thing holds his own against Hulk because the Hulk is dumb and has no fighting skill whatsoever, he's a straight up brawler who acts instinctively. However as we saw recently in F4 he completely stomped Thing just through sheer greater strength regardless of his lack of skill, with Thing admitting he didnt stand a chance. There comes a point when your skill level becomes irrelevant in the face of someone considerably more powerful. She Hulk being twice as strong as Thing plus, being smart and a skilled fighter should be able to take the majority.

Come on in that F4 issue Ben wasn't even fighting him... He was just trying talk him down the entire time.

Wynndar
Thing knew he was hallucinating...he was trying to reason with Banner...he only threw one punch...not really a fight.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Irish Wolverine
What issue was that in?

Logan/Grimm #1

1. http://i55.photobucket.com/albums/g159/A_Flight9/logan1_kaare.jpg

Great cover, by one of my favorite artist. He is so damn cool

1. http://kaareandrews.com/home/index.html

GalacticStorm
She Hulk is rather under rated on here. Nonetheless, strength has little to do with it; Grimm can easily out fight her. A tired Thing only took about a page to beat She Hulk when she was controlled by the puppet master.

Well if she was controlled then that reference is irrelevant.

GalacticStorm

Not true at all. She Hulk has been stronger than Thing for many years. Her strength as stated in her bios can be continually increased through training with no known limit to her uppermost potential. In her Savage she hulk run she was class 50, in her time in F4 and Avengers and Sensational She hulk she was class 75 and in the early 90's she became class 90. Just under 2 years ago she was made mid level class 100 stronger than the likes of mortal Hercs and as shown at least twice as strong as the Thing. That was the last reference to her comparative strength level so unless stated or shown on panel otherwise, you would be unfounded in claiming that it was a one off plot driven occurrence. There is a precedence for She Hulk gradually increasing in strength and she has been stronger than Benjy for at least 15 years im afraid:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10707580750.jpg&s=x402

Her bio from the 91 series of Handbooks. Thing has never received a rating higher than class 85. Officially he is not stronger.

She Hulk being at least twice as strong as Thing is far from a marginal strength advantage, that coupled with her brains and considerable fighting skill should gain her the majority. Thing is faaaar from one of the worlds best warriors if we're talking in terms of fighting skills, lets not over excited here.

DarkCrawler
Thing doesn't have more formal training then normal USA Army training for few years, right? Although he has lots of experience of fighting.

Thunderstrike
He's an expert in Boxing and Judo.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by DarkCrawler
Thing doesn't have more formal training then normal USA Army training for few years, right? Although he has lots of experience of fighting.

Not to my knowledge.

Wynndar
Not true at all. She Hulk has been stronger than Thing for many years. Her strength as stated in her bios can be continually increased through training with no known limit to her uppermost potential. In her Savage she hulk run she was class 50, in her time in F4 and Avengers and Sensational She hulk she was class 75 and in the early 90's she became class 90. Just under 2 years ago she was made mid level class 100 stronger than the likes of mortal Hercs and as shown at least twice as strong as the Thing. That was the last reference to her comparative strength level so unless stated or shown on panel otherwise, you would be unfounded in claiming that it was a one off plot driven occurrence. There is a precedence for She Hulk gradually increasing in strength and she has been stronger than Benjy for at least 15 years im afraid:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=4/10707580750.jpg&s=x402

Her bio from the 91 series of Handbooks. Thing has never received a rating higher than class 85. Officially he is not stronger.

She Hulk being at least twice as strong as Thing is far from a marginal strength advantage, that coupled with her brains and considerable fighting skill should gain her the majority. Thing is faaaar from one of the worlds best warriors if we're talking in terms of fighting skills, lets not over excited here.

Hmm...15 years ago the Thing had knocked Hulk from the "Strongest one there is" title, his strength level has been more ambiguous than any other strong guy in Marvel; every time Richards is shown testing it on panel, Grimm goes and breaks the equipment.

Despite the very broad stokes of the pro-She-Hulk argument, she was only a temporary replacement to the Thing...she never made the impact he did...To those who dont read much F4, I hope u realize that Grimm was the leader of the F4 for some time. She Hulk's resume is clearly weaker then the Thing's.

And concerning the mind controlled She-Hulk...I dont know if u read the issue or not, but the Thing had just got done kicking Wonderman's ass and went straight into a fight with Jen...being controlled didnt seem to be a factor in the fight, Grimm simply overpowered her and wrapped her up in many yards of city street which she could break free of.

GalacticStorm
Hmm...15 years ago the Thing had knocked Hulk from the "Strongest one there is" title, his strength level has been more ambiguous than any other strong guy in Marvel; every time Richards is shown testing it on panel, Grimm goes and breaks the equipment.

Where was this ever stated or shown? Maybe in your eyes but i dont recall that being depicted and i far from remember that being made official. Therefore that point is irrelevant to this argument.

Despite the very broad stokes of the pro-She-Hulk argument, she was only a temporary replacement to the Thing...she never made the impact he did...To those who dont read much F4, I hope u realize that Grimm was the leader of the F4 for some time. She Hulk's resume is clearly weaker then the Thing's.

What does this have to do with anything? confused

And concerning the mind controlled She-Hulk...I dont know if u read the issue or not, but the Thing had just got done kicking Wonderman's ass and went straight into a fight with Jen...being controlled didnt seem to be a factor in the fight, Grimm simply overpowered her and wrapped her up in many yards of city street which she could break free of.

You dont know for sure, youre making assumptions. A mind controlled individual does NOT equate to them under normal circumstances therefore using that incident as a reference is a pointless exercise

juggernaut66666
she hulk is way stronger than Ben

Wynndar
Where was this ever stated or shown? Maybe in your eyes but i dont recall that being depicted and i far from remember that being made official. Therefore that point is irrelevant to this argument.

U specifically made a reference to the past 15 years. 15 Years ago the Thing was in his second mutation and stronger than the Hulk. Furthermore tell me of an on panel example where the Thing's strength was maxed out? The only two on panel strength tests I can recall showed the tests ending prematurely because the Thing shattered the equipment and because the Baxter Building couldnt handle the pressure. How many times has the Thing been trapped by a villain that assumed they knew how strong he was...even Doom has underestimated him on multiple occasions.

It has to do with their caliber...Even if there is an argument regarding their strength, the Thing is still a better all around hero; he's fought and defeated more opponents that were generally more powerful than Jennifer's, he's a better strategist, and I hate to use the cliche, but he has more heart smile

You dont know for sure, youre making assumptions. A mind controlled individual does NOT equate to them under normal circumstances therefore using that incident as a reference is a pointless exercise

Well i guess u have to read the issue...but simply dismissing it saying "she was mind controlled so it proves nothing" is a bit of a short sight; like I said, it was a tired Grimm that had just finished kicking Wonderman's ass, and although She Hulk may not have had all her faculties when it came to fighting, the confrontation did depict that she wasn't strong enough to take Grimm.

Tony Stark

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Yeah...GS because you don't recall it happening...

It means...BINGO... YES...YOU ARE CORRECT...

I didn't happen...

rolling on floor laughing

tskhog
laughing She hulk vs Thing
Ben Grimm alias the Thing who grew up
on Yancy Street has been fighting since he
was a kid. Even if She-Hulk and the Hullk
might be stronger, the Thing would really mess
her up. If anyone remembers Fantastic Four
112, The Thing went toe to toe against the
Hulk only deafeated when Alicia called to
him and he turned his head and the
Hulk "won". They would still be fighting.
That would mean that the She Hulk is
as strong as the Hullk. Hmmmm. Just
Doesn't make sense.

tskhog
roll eyes (sarcastic)
Stan Lee wrote Fantastic Four 112 and
I would not want to tell the Comic Book
Icon his business. Nuff Said!

diabloman
she hulk would clobber thing for sure

diabloman
i wouldnt mind pissing off she hulk . even though if i get my butt kicked from her its worth it judging by her pic. there big grin

Grimm22

huh

Did I miss somthing?

Since when is the Thing the weakest heavyweight in the MU What the f**k?

Seriously, dont his power upgrades count any?

Seriously right now Ben should probobly be in the 100 ton range or if not at least 98 ton range.

Seriously, all the cosmic rays he has absorbed in the past years.

Especially most recently.

Darth_Erebus
Current She Hulk is around class 200 while the Thing is class 85. That's too much of a strength difference for the Thing to overcome no matter how much of a better fighter he is.

She Hulk 10/10

Grimm22
Originally posted by Darth_Erebus
Current She Hulk is around class 200 while the Thing is class 85. That's too much of a strength difference for the Thing to overcome no matter how much of a better fighter he is.

She Hulk 10/10

Class 200?!?! What the f**k?

Also, did you not even read my previous post?

Darth_Erebus
Originally posted by Grimm22
Class 200?!?! What the f**k?

Also, did you not even read my previous post?

She's stronger than Hercules, that makes her at least class 200. So what if Ben is now class 100, she still has at least twice his strength. Plus the fact that she's trained with Captain America means she now is a skilled fighter too. Nothing against Ben but he's just outclassed here.

Grimm22
She's stronger than Hercules, that makes her at least class 200. So what if Ben is now class 100, she still has at least twice his strength. Plus the fact that she's trained with Captain America means she now is a skilled fighter too. Nothing against Ben but he's just outclassed here.

There's no such thing as Class 200!

Also, since when is she stronger than Hercules?!?

diabloman
She's stronger than Hercules, that makes her at least class 200. So what if Ben is now class 100, she still has at least twice his strength. Plus the fact that she's trained with Captain America means she now is a skilled fighter too. Nothing against Ben but he's just outclassed here. hahahahaha stronger than hercules come on now man. wake up

badabing
hahahahaha stronger than hercules come on now man. wake up
Co-signed.

newjak86
Well She-Hulk arm wrestled Herc and let Herc beat her it was very plain.
Although it was probably the weaker Mortal Herc who is no where near what he was in strength.

Accel
Not too long ago in her solo series, She-Hulk did get an upgrade in her strength. She lifted the Thing's maximum weight with one arm and it was also implied that she was stronger than Mortal Hercules.
http://img383.imageshack.us/img383/2033/picture10238wu.jpg
http://img389.imageshack.us/img389/2706/picture10266pd.jpg

However, (She-Hulk #7 SPOILERS)
currently she seems even weaker than Spider-Man:
http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0605/03/shehulk71.htm

Darth_Erebus
Here is She Hulk armwerstling herc. Herc wins, but only because Shulkie lets him. She's also shown lifting the Thing's maximum weight, with one hand

Grimm22
Here is She Hulk armwerstling herc. Herc wins, but only because Shulkie lets him. She's also shown lifting the Thing's maximum weight, with one hand

Yes, with the power suit!

Forgot to mention that didnt you

Accel
Well, the suit didn't make her stronger. It helped her control her new strength level.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Accel
Well, the suit didn't make her stronger. It helped her control her new strength level.

Wha?!?

newjak86
Originally posted by Grimm22
Wha?!? He means without the siut She-Hulk can't control her strength meaning if she touches something she can't really hold beack her strength with the siut she can walk around and not have to worry about hurting people.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.