Destroyer animated by Batman runs the gauntlet

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Kal-El
Bruce Wayne is animating the Destroyer. He has three hours rest between each battle. Where does he stop?

1) Spider-Man
2) Wrecker
3) Morg w/o WOL
4) Silver Surfer
5) Thorbuster
6) King Thor
7) Half Power Galactus

Thunderstrike
Gets past the Thorbuster and dies.

Mindship
I had run a thread like this a while ago ("Bat-Destroyer"wink, but I'm glad to see the question up and running again.
Hmmm. You've put arguably the best tactical mind into arguably the most powerful physical body.
Bat-Destroyer makes it all the way through, if with some minor glitches at the end.

Tshern
How on earth he would win Galactus?

grey fox
Originally posted by Tshern

Disintegrate beam ?

Mindship

First of all, it's a half-power Galactus. And, the Destroyer can fire bolts of "limitless force" (this is how he split Thor's hammer in two when they first fought), which would probably give even full-power G pause for concern. Destroyer was designed by Odin (Galactus' peer), and designed to fight gods and Celestials.
Plus Galactus has weaknesses Bat-Destroyer can exploit (ie, G needs his armor and tech so he doesn't use up his own energy so quickly). Basically, because Destroyer is now animated by Batman, it is being run by a human who in the past has relied on wits to keep pace with supers, whereas Big G is not as versed in that dept. As far as I know, he has never had to rely on his wits, at least not to the same extent as a human.

I like Galactus. But the Destroyer--especially with Batman's mind--is just that badass, IMO.

Thunderstrike
Galactus is the one who created the Ultimate Nullifier. I think he's pretty smart.

Mindship
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Galactus is the one who created the Ultimate Nullifier. I think he's pretty smart.

He is extremely knowledgable and intelligent. But how clever is he?

I forgot where I read this, so if I am repeating something familiar, please forgive me.

A bunch of MIT genuises went to a diner to have lunch. They noticed that someone had put salt into the pepper shaker, and pepper into the salt shaker. Taking this as a challenge, they began designing a way, using napkins and straws, to get the salt/pepper out of the wrong shaker and into the right one.

When the waitress came over to take orders, the MIT genuises pointed out the salt/pepper snafu and began showing her how they were gonna correct the problem.

Without saying a word, the waitress unscrewed and switched the tops of the two shakers.

Thunderstrike
Well, I bet Galactus COULD be clever, but we've never seen an instance where he has been, or been given the opportunity.

Tshern
Give me a break. Odin is nowhere near Galactus' level.

It was DESIGNED to fight Celestials. Do you know what actually happened when the fight took place? Firstly, the Destroyer was animated by all the life force in Asgard, excluding Thor's, and still it didn't even give trouble for the Celestials. Secondly, the power level of the Destroyer increases with more life force in it and the combined life force of Asgard surpasses easily Batman's life force. Heck, even one Asgardian would be enough.

I don't even think the Destroyer would get pass RKT. Odin defeated the Destroyer by simply shutting down the brain of its animator and it worked perfectly well. RKT could do the same.

Galactus sure can be cocky, but he also turned the Destroyer to be his herald. Galactus could just disperse its molecule all over the galaxy. That's it. Not even a good fight, although the Destroyer is pretty damn badass.

Mindship
1. Give me a break. Odin is nowhere near Galactus' level.
2. It was DESIGNED to fight Celestials. Do you know what actually happened when the fight took place? Firstly, the Destroyer was animated by all the life force in Asgard, excluding Thor's, and still it didn't even give trouble for the Celestials. Secondly, the power level of the Destroyer increases with more life force in it and the combined life force of Asgard surpasses easily Batman's life force. Heck, even one Asgardian would be enough.
I don't even think the Destroyer would get pass RKT. Odin defeated the Destroyer by simply shutting down the brain of its animator and it worked perfectly well. RKT could do the same.
3. Galactus sure can be cocky, but he also turned the Destroyer to be his herald. Galactus could just disperse its molecule all over the galaxy. That's it. Not even a good fight, although the Destroyer is pretty damn badass.

1. He isn't? He used to be, but apparently lots has changed.
2. Gotta admit, I've heard about this fight only second-hand.
3. Making the Destroyer a herald doesn't necessarily mean less power, especially since the Destroyer is just a shell and G animated him with a piece of his own power cosmic. As for disintegration? Last I heard, the Destroyer was indestructible, but this may've changed too. And I presumed (mistake on my part), that the Destroyer would run the gauntlet w/o his animator being attacked.
Your points are well taken. Still, I think Bat-Destroyer (leaving the Bat's brain out of this), could defeat half-power G cuz he wouldn't just fight powerfully, but fight smart.

Tshern
He used to? Galactus also said to be on the same level with Death and Eternity when fully-fed. That would put Odin to the same crew with Death and Eternity and way above beings like Shuma-Gorath, Lord Chaos and Master Order. Not really the way I see. Also, he couldn't even stop Surtur, let alone a Celestial, by himself. Hence, I don't think he has ever been on the same level with our Big G.

Celestials manhandled the Destroyer like no tomorrow. Also, Odin and other skyfathers were nothing compared to the Celestials and neither was the Destroyer. If the Destroyer animated by everyone in Asgard (except Thor) couldn't really hurt a Celestial why could way less powered Destroyer defeat one of the main pilars of our existence?

Asgardian Destroyer is only indestructible as far as Odin's spells can protect it. It's made from uru, just like Thor's hammer and Celestials easily melted it. Why couldn't Galactus do it?

I'm not sure of that either, so let's leave it out. Still, isn't RKT able to stop the time? And since RKT is more powerful than Odin he should also be able to overcome Odin's spells.

Mindship
He used to? Galactus also said to be on the same level with Death and Eternity when fully-fed. That would put Odin to the same crew with Death and Eternity and way above beings like Shuma-Gorath, Lord Chaos and Master Order. Not really the way I see. Also, he couldn't even stop Surtur, let alone a Celestial, by himself. Hence, I don't think he has ever been on the same level with our Big G.

I'm going waaay back, when all you really had in terms of Big Guns was Watcher, Odin and Galactus. The sense conveyed by Marvel back then (it was never explicitly stated to be such) was that these three were the Top Dogs, and woe to the universe should any of them decide to fight another.

My own feeling about Galactus is that he should be virtually untouchable/unbeatable. Every time I see him treated like the lesser characters in the Marvel Pantheon (eg, Secret Wars or seeing Kronos(?) beat him), I cringe. This is why I wanna get a hold of the Ultimate Galactus comics. Looks like the Big G is being regarded as he should be.

Too bad about Destroyer, though. When he was first intro'd, the sense was Nothing--save an Odin spell (not a direct assault)--could stop him.

Tshern
You speak the words of wisdom, mate.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.