SHIN AKUMA vs. IGNIZ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

2D_MASTER
Ok, I thought this would be a good battle. Intially , I know most people are gonna be like "Shin Akuma would rape Igniz". But for those of you who have played KOF 2001 and have suffed the frustration of trying to beat Igniz, I think you'll think twice. I dont really know who I would pick.

id369
Originally posted by 2D_MASTER
Ok, I thought this would be a good battle. Intially , I know most people are gonna be like "Shin Akuma would rape Igniz". But for those of you who have played KOF 2001 and have suffed the frustration of trying to beat Igniz, I think you'll think twice. I dont really know who I would pick.

Igniz rapes Shin Akuma.

Blue nocturne
Shin gouki wins.

Darkstorm Zero
Close fight (I mean actually very close) but Shin Akuma would eventually win. They both have Single hit death moves, but Shin has more, and at least one of them is more reliable.

Altyhough Igniz does have those infinite juggles...

shin_remy
i know what you mean man but it is the way how Snk made that character in the game.. if he is strong in the game it doesn't mean storywise also.. Igniz is powerfull

Gill is also hard to beat but he is lower then Shin Akuma

AND Igniz is defeated by people lower then Shin Akuma..

so my conclusion is :

big grinbig grinbig grin SHIN AKUMA IS GONNA RAPE HIM big grinbig grinbig grin

Darkstorm Zero
Akuma lost to Ryu, and drew with Oro... we can't draw a reasonable conclusion based on previous fights alone... thats why this match is so damn close, Igniz can sample Akuma;s data and add some of his fighting techniques to his own...

shin_remy
Akuma lost to Ryu once cause he had fought against Gen first... So he was weakend so that doesn't count...

and the match of Oro COULD be draw, that is not official.

From who has Igniz lost?

And Shin Akuma still beat him, by the moves he has... Misogi is so darn fast and is hard to dodge, Shun goku satsu is good when he teleports and come back by igniz..
And the kongoukuratzusan! if gives that punch to Igniz it is over

and still YES Shin Akuma has to watch about that Deadly Chain Combo that brings major damage!

id369
Originally posted by shin_remy
Akuma lost to Ryu once cause he had fought against Gen first... So he was weakend so that doesn't count...

and the match of Oro COULD be draw, that is not official.

From who has Igniz lost?

And Shin Akuma still beat him, by the moves he has... Misogi is so darn fast and is hard to dodge, Shun goku satsu is good when he teleports and come back by igniz..
And the kongoukuratzusan! if gives that punch to Igniz it is over

and still YES Shin Akuma has to watch about that Deadly Chain Combo that brings major damage!

Igniz took on Iori, Kyo, and K' at the same time. Thats 3 fighters back to back.

Akuma took on Gen, followed by Ryu.

So um yea

Hoshi
in fact akuma wasnt beaten by ryu . When ryu was "defeating" akuma , akuma just said something like : you have the potential , fight me again when you are stronger BAM!!!(he destroyed the entire island and left ryu in the sea because he wanted to fight him when he was stronger) .If akuma really wanted he could have defeated ryu.And it wasnt even shin akuma , it was normal akuma.

shin_remy
oke oke

still akuma has too many attacks that brings major damage or instant kills!!

his fists are deadly!!!

jinzin
i'm not so sure he literally destroyed the island...

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by id369
Igniz took on Iori, Kyo, and K' at the same time. Thats 3 fighters back to back.

Akuma took on Gen, followed by Ryu.

So um yea

In the official 2001 story line, Igniz took on Iori, Kyo, K', Ryo AND Terry, and some minor KOF fighters all at the same time (that is offical). He was one bad mofo, I doubt Shin Akuma could have taken all of those top tier SNK fighters. So Im leaning towards Igniz at the moment.

Sixth_Winged
Storywise, it's probably gouki,

Gamewise IGNIZ=Cheap bastard who would juggle you forever just for the hell of it. I'm personally good against almost all boss but that guy will piss you off to a whole new level if you don't use the pattern.

Tha C-Master
Yes Akuma destroyed the island in a punch.

Originally posted by Sixth_Winged

Gamewise IGNIZ=Cheap bastard who would juggle you forever just for the hell of it. I'm personally good against almost all boss but that guy will piss you off to a whole new level if you don't use the pattern. Yea, if you are going to put a thread up and talk about gameplay, its best to label it as such, and not by the person's difficulty in defeating them.

shin_remy
akuma has to give him one good punsh!! i don't think Igniz has a Comet durability

Akuma can kill him from Air, gathering mutch KI and shoot a big beam that would wipe him out and everything around him

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by shin_remy
akuma has to give him one good punsh!! i don't think Igniz has a Comet durability

Akuma can kill him from Air, gathering mutch KI and shoot a big beam that would wipe him out and everything around him

Damn SHINREMY, wtf you seem to think at a lot of people would get beat by "one punch"! Did you read what I posted? have you played KOF 2001? Igniz is not a pushover, storywise nor gameplay wise. Shin- Akuma would not defeat Igniz in one punch, if he defeated him at all.

Darkstorm Zero
As I stated earlier, this is a very close match, 2D MASTER has a very good point, and although Akuma is one of, if not my favourite fighting character, there are aome matches Akuma simply isn't meant to win.

This fight is close, to me it seems dead even.

Gouki
Both ways? Storyline and in Game?

P-Geyser
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged

Gamewise IGNIZ=Cheap bastard who would juggle you forever just for the hell of it. I'm personally good against almost all boss but that guy will piss you off to a whole new level if you don't use the pattern.

laughing laughing laughing .......I gotta agree on that one. I felt like smashing my PS2 playing against that cheesy bastard.

shin_remy
i have almost all the kofs so yeah i have kof 2001, and i know dman good who he is whahaha

and still i go for Shin Akuma story wise, game play i go for Igniz..

IMO

SaTsuJiN
Igniz... his coat alone beats your ass.. god knows what would happen if he actually lifted a finger.. scared

Darkstorm Zero
I'll have to say, I agree with Remy this time, Igniz is an absolute monster ingame, but storyline wise, he did what Bison did and relied too much on his machines and data. NEVER a good thing when challenging Akuma...

id369
Well, Shin Akuma or (Akuma for that reason), has yet to brag about fighting numerous fighters one after another.

I rank Iginz next to Gill.

Gouki
Alright, Darkstorm Zero, be that way man. Not answering my question...

1021kid
who is IGNIZ

SaTsuJiN
boss of KoF 2001 I believe

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by 1021kid
who is IGNIZ

http://www.fightersgeneration.com/fightgen/characters2/ignis.html. go there for info about him. Also, click on the "animations" link to see him performing some of his moves.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by Gouki
Alright, Darkstorm Zero, be that way man. Not answering my question...

Hey dude, I did naswer your question... Right here

Originally posted by Darkstorm Zero
I'll have to say, I agree with Remy this time, Igniz is an absolute monster ingame, but storyline wise, he did what Bison did and relied too much on his machines and data. NEVER a good thing when challenging Akuma...

unrealman
off topic

In SFA3 Bison fights Ryu , Ken, Sakura and Sagat. After that he fights Rose then the Twelve Dolls plus Cammy, he also fights Guile, Charlie and Chun-li and this all happen in a short time span.

from the plot guide

Akuma doesn't become Shin Akuma. Akuma IS Shin Akuma, except that he
holds back punches and uses only a small percent of his power. He does
this because he doesn't want to unnecessarily kill anyone who he feels
aren't out to kill him in the first place. Note that the Shin Akuma in
Capcom VS SNK 2 (besides that game not being canon), where Akuma becomes
Shin Akuma because he absorbs Orochi power or so, is a different type of
Shin Akuma. The Japanese character for Shin is different for him.

Oro is VERY VERY powerful, storyline-wise. He has voluntarily
magically bound and sealed his arm in order to give his foes a fighting
chance, and he himself hasn't even bothered training actively for the past
fifty years, yet he is still a strong contender who was able to defeat Ryu

AcidGlow
I go with Shin Akuma.

Misogi will rip Igniz apart. stick out tongue Not to mention Shin Akuma has the VERY useful teleport with no delays that leave him open. Teleport close then unleash the raging demon, bam! smile

shin_gear
Igniz kills him in a few seconds. He'd kill Gill also, just thought I should mention that.

Violent2Dope
Misogi ftw.

Darkstorm Zero
Originally posted by shin_gear
Igniz kills him in a few seconds. He'd kill Gill also, just thought I should mention that.

Still reviving topics that have passed their used by date I see..

I stand by my statements.

Sado22
obviously you don't know shinremy.

at any rate, i'll go with Igniz on this one. fighting a whole cast of KoF2001 and going on till only THREE of them were left (Kyo, Iori and K' were the only ones standing by then) which means he beat mighty buggers like Terry, Ryo, Kim, Athena, Ralf etc. and still held on.

i don't care what you people think but i seriously doubt akuma can take on the entire cast of KoF2001. he lost to Ryu (if what darko says is true) and i doubt Ryu can take Terry Bogard and Ryo at once (actually i doubt Ryu can take Terry at all but that's another issue). at any rate, akuma hasn't shown that he can take on entire casts. Igniz did and pounded his opposition from over 20 fighters to THREE. and those three included one godtier/semigodtier (iori).

on top of that we have infinite juggles, projectiles from all his tenticles, the ability to deflect projectiles, forceshield guard crush and a SDM that has "overkill" written all over it.

Igniz. 8/10

~Sado

Violent2Dope
Gouki didn't lose to Ryu. erm

Sado22
i know...but...(pssst) don't tell Darko that sad

shin_gear
Still reviving topics that have passed their used by date I see..So, is that a problem?

ThoraxeRMG
he did what Bison did and relied too much on his machines and data.

Wrong, Bison relied on machines for power, Igniz relied on machines to achieve certain goals.

Classic NES
Pfft, Gouki.

Your G.O.D
I have never seen Igniz sink an island wit a punch.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Your G.O.D
I have never seen Igniz sink an island wit a punch.

I've never seen Akuma almost solo the whole SF cast at once...

Classic NES
I've never seen Akuma almost solo the whole SF cast at once...

Because the SF cast aren't jobbers. erm

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Classic NES
Because the SF cast aren't jobbers. erm

So I suppose that means you think Akuma could beat K', Terry, Iori, Kyo, Ryo, Takuma and half the KOF cast at once, right? Your reason...they are "jobbers"...

Classic NES
So I suppose that means you think Akuma could beat K', Terry, Iori, Kyo, Ryo, Takuma and half the KOF cast at once, right? Your reason...they are "jobbers"...

Of course Gouki cannot beat all thos people, but neither should Igniz who lost to three dudes that he already beat up. With your reasoning: K', Kyo, Iori> Kof 2000 cast?

The cast always lose to bosses who in turn lose to one or two cast members; it's KOF tradition.

2D_MASTER
Originally posted by Classic NES
Of course Gouki cannot beat all thos people, but neither can Igniz who lost to three dudes that he already beat up. With your reasoning: K', Kyo, Iori> Kof 2000 cast?

No, they just dealt the death blows after the others weakened him, so I understand. I am not "reasoning" I am telling you what I have read, in regard to official story line. Personally I think the end of KOF 2001 was pretty lame, but that's how it went down.

Classic NES
They were weakened themselves, KOF plots are retarded.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.