Action comcis #1 Superman VERSUS Spiderman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

grey fox
This isn't an unfair match if you think about it ....

'Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound. Look! Up in the sky. It's a bird. It's a plane. It's Superman! Yes, it's Superman - strange visitor from another planet who came to Earth with powers and abilities far beyond those of mortal men. Superman - who can change the course of mighty rivers, bend steel with his bare hands

This isn't relatively impressive , his powers being stunted at that pint to mere physical feats , so does anyone else think that this superman of a bygone age could take down spidey ?

TheKahn
As much as I like Spiderman, I see him having a little trouble with a guy who can run at supersonic speeds and hits with greater force than a train.

diabloman
doesnt look like spiderman has a hard time here with supe

Fanboy
Have you read that comic later on that thing that was weakening SUperman later on wears off where SPider-man nearly breaks his hands trieng to put a hurting Superman.q

diabloman
Originally posted by Fanboy
Have you read that comic later on that thing that was weakening SUperman later on wears off where SPider-man nearly breaks his hands trieng to put a hurting Superman.q whats the name of it ?

Fanboy
Cross over classics.

diabloman
Originally posted by Fanboy
Cross over classics. duh i know its a crossover but which one. theres many

Validus
Originally posted by diabloman
Looks like he's having trouble here.

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supervsspider586ui.jpg

Actually I think Spidey could win against the original, non flying Supes. He did punch out Firelord...

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by Validus
Looks like he's having trouble here.

http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=supervsspider586ui.jpg

Actually I think Spidey could win against the original, non flying Supes. He did punch out Firelord...

The first supes was gay............. wink

The Ion costume has already grown on me I actually like it now.......confused

-Skeet! Skeet! Skeet!!!!!! 1pimpslap

Validus
Originally posted by Sir SKEETS Alot
The first supes was gay............. wink

The Ion costume has already grown on me I actually like it now.......confused

Ivan Reis redesigned it a bit. I think it looks great.

Sir SKEETS Alot
Ivan Reis redesigned it a bit. I think it looks great.
HA!!!!!!!!! didn't I say before that Hal's gonna beat his ass.....shifty
Or is it the other way around?

Validus
No way. I don't think Kyle's creator would sell him out to Hal. confused

Black Adam
HA!!!!!!!!! didn't I say before that Hal's gonna beat his ass.....shifty
Or is it the other way around?

So Ion is going to fall victim to the Hal Punch?

and wtf at the smilie... So thats what digi edited from one of your post.

Sir SKEETS Alot
No way. I don't think Kyle's creator would sell him out to Hal. confused
BAH!!!!! is that a cover of one of the ION books which # is it?

Validus
BAH!!!!! is that a cover of one of the ION books which # is it?

Ion #4

The July solicit images are up at Newsarama. You just have to find the URL's yourself. wink

Sir SKEETS Alot
Originally posted by Black Adam
So Ion is going to fall victim to the Hal Punch?

and wtf at the smilie... So thats what digi edited from one of your post.
laughing out loud cause some prick reported me not saying no names........ mad

Sir SKEETS Alot
Ion #4

The July solicit images are up at Newsarama. You just have to find the URL's yourself. wink
Since it's only issue 4 Ion is most likely gonna shove Hal's ring up Hal's ass........ evil face

grey fox
Enough of the Ion , original supes wasn't that bad.....

Murda Mase
duh i know its a crossover but which one. theres many

Superman Vs The Amazing Spider-Man.

I saw a add for it in a old comic I was reading a couple of days ago.

spetznaz

Goodness!
It always amazes me when people pick up scans from who knows where without knowing what happened before and after that scan (and that scan of Spidey apparently 'beating' Superman has been used quite a number of times to show that Spiderman can 'beat' Superman).
Superman was weakened in that panel you posted.

Try this scan to see what happens when Superman is back to form. Simply put Peter hurts himself punching Kal, and ends up breaking his hands (and all the while Superman is just standing doing nothing).

http://img530.imageshack.us/img530/2103/supervsspider586ui.jpg

Anyways, back to the topic.

The original Superman was definitely far stronger than Spiderman. Leaping great distances in a single bound, more powerful than a locomotive, changing the course of even the mightiest rivers with his bare hands ....all these are stats that are beyond Spiderman. Actually this early Superman is more like the Hulk (especially before Superman was given more powers, senses and abilities).

Anyways, Spiderman would have a better chance of beating this Superman (as opposed to NO chance of beating any version of Superman once he started flying about at sub-light and faster speeds and spouting forth more powers than the entire X-men family), however even with that said the chances of Spiderman beating this early Superman are still slim to none.
This early Superman is still far faster and far stronger than Spiderman, and already had a level of invulnerability (eg shrugging off explosive shells) that made him basically immune to any punch kick or projectile from Spiderman.

I'd give this early Superman a 9.99/10 (with the 0.01 chance being for a twist of fate .....for example a meteorite made of Kryptonite landing smack on this Superman's noggin' in the middle of the fight).

AJ4LIFE
yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.