No Poll: What is God?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain Falcon
Seriously. Is he a man in the clouds, a creator that can't be seen, some master that we all must follow? What is God? Or rather, does it matter what he/she/it is?

debbiejo
IMO it really doesn't matter.....what ever is just is, and I don't believe we are judged by it....

Why would something want to judge something else? That's a human emotion.

Soleran
Originally posted by Captain Falcon
Seriously. Is he a man in the clouds, a creator that can't be seen, some master that we all must follow? What is God? Or rather, does it matter what he/she/it is?

For someone who hates religion you certainly seem to have alot of questions about it that makes you seem like you are riding the fence on it.

Mindship
"Technically, there can be no perfect or complete definition of God, as anything put into words, symbols or thought automatically sets boundaries, beyond which 'God' still extends. Anyone familiar with the mystical literature will recognize this.

The best we can do is come up with some 'shadows' which suggest the object casting them; but the object itself is forever the Ultimate Mystery."

My favorite "shadow": Dreamer-and-Dream

The best thing about repeat threads is I get to post my infinitesimal pearls of wisdom all over again.

band

Janus Marius
http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/743/10136w0oe.jpg

When this happens, you'll get your answers.

AOR
God is God. His definition is relative. As long as you live life, and live it well, who cares if my human God is different from your spaghetti one....

Mindship
Originally posted by Janus Marius

When this happens, you'll get your answers.

laughing out loud But somehow, I thought it would happen over the White House, first.

Janus Marius
Nah, God does not trifle with insects.

Echuu
Originally posted by debbiejo
Why would something want to judge something else? That's a human emotion.

Because it's God. He created us. He will eventually judge us.

How is a consequence to an action an emotion?

Soleran
The God that can be told isn't the infinte God. The unnamable is the eternal real. Naming is the origin of all particular things.

And there we go.

debbiejo

When this happens, you'll get your answers. Hey!!! That picture is Detroit..........I live near there. mad........I've parked my car in that parking structure...

Jesus said do not judge, and yet gods judging.......If we're supposed to follow gods example according to the bible, then guess it's ok to judge...

Soleran
Jesus said do not judge, and yet gods judging.......If we're supposed to follow gods example according to the bible, then guess it's ok to judge...

LOL Debbiejo don't you know the golden rule of the most powerful by now! Those in power make the rules they don't follow them wink

Echuu
Hey!!! That picture is Detroit..........I live near there. mad........I've parked my car in that parking structure...

laughing out loud God was getting tired of the Detroit Lions.

Jesus told us to not judge others because of the fact that God will judge everyone in the end.

Does that make sense?

debbiejo
LOL........I think I'll spend today judging people so I can feel all powerful... wink

Hey, we're all sick of the Detroit Lions. I just didn't think it would piss god off so much..........haha

Echuu
LOL........I think I'll spend today judging people so I can feel all powerful... wink

Yes, but what did Jesus say would happen when we judge others?

debbiejo
Originally posted by Echuu
Yes, but what did Jesus say would happen when we judge others? laughing out loud .........We would go to an imaginary place called hell......But scripturally "You will be judged in like manner"

IF we are to follow gods example, then He should be sent to the imaginary place too..........

Echuu
laughing out loud .........We would go to an imaginary place called hell......But scripturally "You will be judged in like manner"

IF we are to follow gods example, then He should be sent to the imaginary place too..........

Bingo

Could you explain why He should be sent there too?

Soleran
laughing out loud .........We would go to an imaginary place called hell......But scripturally "You will be judged in like manner"

God's already there he is omnipresentsmile

leonheartmm
if i had a choice{n if he existed} id like to think of him as a gentle cloud with no high thought processes and demands. but just sum1 who covers u continuously from the heat of the sun in a cirrus kinda sky in a desert with a dried mud ground. {think video for frozen, madonna lol}

Captain Falcon
Originally posted by Soleran
For someone who hates religion you certainly seem to have alot of questions about it that makes you seem like you are riding the fence on it. well, I want it to stop. And these questions I'm asking can't be answered by religion, therefore they're going to look stupid and then it'll stop. I hope.

Soleran
Originally posted by Captain Falcon
well, I want it to stop. And these questions I'm asking can't be answered by religion, therefore they're going to look stupid and then it'll stop. I hope.

making someone look foolish won't stop them it puts them in defensive mode.

debbiejo
Bingo

Could you explain why He should be sent there too? Cause the god of the bible killed innocent people including babies.
Originally posted by Soleran
God's already there he is omnipresentsmile True, at least we can play strip poker with em.......Originally posted by leonheartmm
if i had a choice{n if he existed} id like to think of him as a gentle cloud with no high thought processes laughing out loud

PuffyCheese
God is the Creator and Savior. God is Love. But he is also something can can never comprehend. We're too pea-brained.

Janus Marius
Yes, but what did Jesus say would happen when we judge others?

I tend to judge people who break into my house with the intent to hurt me and my family. I could run around being some hippie who doesn't judge a soul, but then I'd wind up dead and I don't want that.

Shakyamunison
Everything that has ever been, or ever will be is part of God. God is everything + all of the nothingness. All thought and non-thought; to list everything would not be enough, you would have to also list everything that is not.

Janus Marius
So the crap my neighbor's dog left on my lawn is a part of God?

Shakyamunison
So the crap my neighbor's dog left on my lawn is a part of God?

Yep, not one of the better parts, but a part. stick out tongue

debbiejo
I know some people who act like the devil, but are part of the whole of what would be god too.

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Yep, not one of the better parts, but a part. stick out tongue

I should say that when my neighbor complains.

"Dude, it's God. Don't be hatin'!"

docb77
Well, going by what the bible says.... God is a physical being of immense power and foresight who has a soft spot for the downtrodden and anyone who loves him and is willing to do what he says.

The Hindus believe that There is a main god - Brahma, I think (been a while since I took that world religion class) - who is sleeping and all the other gods are part of his dream, in fact we are part of his dream. Apparently someday he'll wake up and everything will once again just be part of his consciousness. I'm not really fond of this idea as The end means we lose our individuality.

I think the Islamic Allah is similar to The Judeo-Christian God. I could be wrong, I didn't actually read the entire Q'oran, just a few Chapters.

Then there's this Hellenistic version of the Christian God that many seem to believe in; an essence that is everywhere and nowhere, omni-everything. There are of course some variants on this one. There's the God isn't involved in the affairs of men, God is nature(ie doesn't actually have a personality) These things are non-biblical, but have taken root in many Christian denominations.

My bet is with the first description I gave. (Of course it is only possible for one of the above to be correct, the only other possibility is that none of them are)

debbiejo
I should say that when my neighbor complains.

"Dude, it's God. Don't be hatin'!" laughing out loud Sounds like something I would say...........Along with "Hey man, don't worry about it, the antichrist is gonna kill us all anyways."

If god was jello he'd be much more fun...

Wonderer
God is what ever is the meaning of your existence. If you are connected to your meaning, you're connected to God. God is the big, mysterious EVERYTHING of the universe - the unifier of all being.

Mindship
Originally posted by docb77
The Hindus believe that There is a main god - Brahma, I think (been a while since I took that world religion class) - who is sleeping and all the other gods are part of his dream, in fact we are part of his dream. Apparently someday he'll wake up and everything will once again just be part of his consciousness. I'm not really fond of this idea as The end means we lose our individuality.

The Dreamer-Dream metaphor is my favorite: it's simple, it's natural; and the lucid dreaming corollary is a bonus way for understanding what the beginning of "enlightenment" might mean.

As for losing one's individuality: this is a common misconception. The ego does not dissolve; all of reality does not become a featureless mush. Individuality is not eliminated; it simply sees itself for what it has been all along: a whole, a distinct entity, which is simply part of a greater whole. A cell does not cease to be a cell simply because it is part of a larger organism. If anything, the cell is empowered by its connections. Remove the cell from the whole, and it dies.

debbiejo
Dreamer-Dream.. Dreamer-Dream.. Dreamer-Dream.. Dreamer-Dream.. Dreamer-Dream.. Dreamer-Dream.. Dreamer-Dream.. stick out tongue

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Mindship
The Dreamer-Dream metaphor is my favorite: it's simple, it's natural; and the lucid dreaming corollary is a bonus way for understanding what the beginning of "enlightenment" might mean.

As for losing one's individuality: this is a common misconception. The ego does not dissolve; all of reality does not become a featureless mush. Individuality is not eliminated; it simply sees itself for what it has been all along: a whole, a distinct entity, which is simply part of a greater whole. A cell does not cease to be a cell simply because it is part of a larger organism. If anything, the cell is empowered by its connections. Remove the cell from the whole, and it dies.

Interesting analogy.

docb77
I like the analogy as well, but still feel that I should have some control over my destiny beyond being part of a dream. Also, in the end it seems a tad unjust that everyone becomes part of that whole whether they lived a good life or not.

debbiejo
I feel what might be meant is god is bigger than our thoughts....We cannot imagine what god or what ever you would want to call god would be.....god is the dreamer.....we are the dream........Whoooooo sounding metaphorical........

Janus Marius
I don't exactly agree with the metaphor, and I think trying to argue free will is akin to trying to say you have the right to resist burning while on fire. But all the same, nicely said.

docb77
Yeah, and as I've said on another thread, it's either true or it isn't. I'm hoping the more christian version is right (not exactly the harp playing and clouds, more like heaven is like what we have here, only perfect... no crime, no disease, etc.)

debbiejo
I believe in free will..........We would be nothing without it, though we don't know anything beyond this physical existence, so who's to really say what our free will really constitutes.....

Janus Marius
How do you define what is free will from what is influenced by everything else? And by influenced I mean, what is influenced by causes prior to you even existing, along with causes that effect you each and every second?

I don't see how free will can exist with the aspect of causation being so apparent.

Mindship
If nothing else, free will makes a useful "as if."

debbiejo
I guess it would go along with what belief a person is. Now if a person believed in reincarnation and there are many beliefs of reincarnation...there is some with limiting free will because of Karma to some extent, and there are some that the person would decide themselves what challenges they would experience in their next life...in the latter case, you still have your free will, but not as we would see it here in our physical life.....This is only a few examples from a few belief systems.

Mindship
I like those free-will-between-lives views...and with free will comes responsibility. So how far do we take that? Jeez, ain't we got enough to worry about?

debbiejo
I guess for me, it would just take responsibility for your own life and actions..............You can always pretend you picked it this way for brownie points (learning)............ blink

I sure do deserve some really good brownie points.........lol wacko

Templares
How do you define what is free will from what is influenced by everything else? And by influenced I mean, what is influenced by causes prior to you even existing, along with causes that effect you each and every second?

I don't see how free will can exist with the aspect of causation being so apparent.

In a word: illusion.

Janus Marius
Of course.

Mindship
But then, what about responsibility? If I am only a link in a long chain of causation, nothing's my fault?

I think I like this better. renske

debbiejo
No judgment!!........No judgement either way....cause there's no HELL!!!!

It's imaginary... reading

Janus Marius
Originally posted by Mindship
But then, what about responsibility? If I am only a link in a long chain of causation, nothing's my fault?

I think I like this better. renske

Reasonably? Perhaps there is no ultimate responsibility. However, society could not function without individuals retaining some form of accountability.

"Mister Hitler, what made you kill all those people?"

"Wind effect on primordial ooze. I'm not accountable!"

"Yes, sir."

That's no way to run the world. Let's put it this way: your dog has no ability to act morally or ethically by his or her own volition; they're instinctual creatures. They make act differently from one another as animals, but this is shaped by experience and environment. If your dog bites another person, it may not be their fault really, but you still discipline them anyways. While people may be shaped by external forces, society (in looking out for itself) has the right to shape individuals who are harmful to others or dangerous.

lord xyz
Yes, but what did Jesus say would happen when we judge others? So God sins. erm I think he's a bigger hypocrite than PETA. laughing out loud

docb77
Originally posted by lord xyz
So God sins. erm I think he's a bigger hypocrite than PETA. laughing out loud

Not really God get to judge because he has authority. Would a cop be hypocritical if he told a high school student that he(the high school student) can't go around giving people speeding tickets?

peejayd
* regarding: free will... see God's compassion, He did not made us as robots, He gave us free will...

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing ..."
Deuteronomy 30:19

* God gave us the power of freedom to choose from right or wrong, life or death, blessing or curse... but God gave us a recommendation to what path we should take...

"... therefore choose life , that both thou and thy seed may live:"

* God said we should choose life from death, choose right from wrong, choose blessing from curse...

* here's another... by Saint Paul himself...

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another ."
Galatians 5:13

* we have freedom, we have liberty but if we commit ourselves to serve God, we should abide to His laws... wink

* re: thread topic... what is God? nope... WHO is He?

"God that made the world and all things therein , seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;"
Acts 17:24

* He is the Creator... He deserves praises, worship and thanks... wink

* as a human, we are very grateful to our parents that gave birth to us and nurtured us from the start... so more gratitude should be given to the Creator of all... and He is God... wink

Janus Marius
Originally posted by peejayd
* regarding: free will... see God's compassion, He did not made us as robots, He gave us free will...

"I call heaven and earth to record this day against you, that I have set before you life and death, blessing and cursing ..."

* God gave us the power of freedom to choose from right or wrong, life or death, blessing or curse... but God gave us a recommendation to what path we should take...

"... therefore choose life , that both thou and thy seed may live:"

* God said we should choose life from death, choose right from wrong, choose blessing from curse...

* here's another... by Saint Paul himself...

"For, brethren, ye have been called unto liberty; only use not liberty for an occasion to the flesh, but by love serve one another ."
Galatians 5:13

* we have freedom, we have liberty but if we commit ourselves to serve God, we should abide to His laws... wink

* re: thread topic... what is God? nope... WHO is He?

"God that made the world and all things therein , seeing that he is Lord of heaven and earth, dwelleth not in temples made with hands;"
Acts 17:24

* He is the Creator... He deserves praises, worship and thanks... wink

* as a human, we are very grateful to our parents that gave birth to us and nurtured us from the start... so more gratitude should be given to the Creator of all... and He is God... wink

God gave us free will? What is free will? How is it that God can give us a mind that is "free" but we still fall to manipulation by other human beings? Why is it that God wants us all to be more like he is supposed to be - perfect, loving, compassionate, good, yet he deliberately doesn't make us that way?

And again, the Bible points to predestination several times. How can there be any freedom in a world where predestination occurs?

Alliance
Originally posted by peejayd

Considering thats true....you seem to follow "his" word quite.....welll.....

robotically?

Its as if you're saying...."god gave us free will to not be robots, but he really really likes us when we are robots, going around rectiting and doing exactly what "he" "said."

Evil Dead
this statement seems as though it could apply to me aswell. I would like to point out that belief or non-belief in a god is just that, a belief. It has nothing to do with religion. A religion is a mob of people who huddle together in attempt to use force in numbers to influence others politically, morally and otherwise. A belief, as in that of a god or not, is merely a thought or opinion contained within each individual person. What other's believe is irrelevant to what is contained within a person's own mind......therefore has nothing to do with religions, a structure based on power by force in numbers.

That said, the actual word "god" is just icky. God has been defined by past cultures as being a supreme being.......with human like character, emotion, etc. As originated and classicly defined, god is merely a human being without a body....

that is just so egotistical it's almost laughable. Of all species on this planet......of all that so closely resemble man in both traits and intelligence.....people somehow feel the need to proclaim themselves somehow better than all other living things by basicly stating god is a human, without a physical body. Humans are animals......flesh, blood and bone........no different than an ox or deer. If there was some omnipontent creater, it surely would be no more like us than any of it's other creations that are so similar to us. "but humans hold dominion over the earth!!!"........yeah, so did giant reptiles we call dinosaurs at one point. Is one to believe that god was akin to a spritiual dinosaur at one point.......only to change his kinship to humans?

As previously stated, the word god is completely misleading. If one states they do not believe in god, they are labelled an atheist. For some reason christians can not fathom a superior form of intelligence existing that is completely different, vastly beyond anything we could ever regard as being similar to human beings.

I touched on this in one of the intelligent design threads. Nutjobs want to believe some bodiless human created the universe which has nothing to do with intelligent design at all, it has to do with blindly seeking acceptance of their own beliefs based on an ancient book written for who knows what purpose by authors whom these people don't even know the names of.......much less anything about the validity of anything written by the nameless/faceless people.

Do I believe in intelligent design? yes. Do I believe in "god"? no. There does seem to be an underlying intelligence at work in our universe......trial and error, natural selection and basic instinct possessed by all known animal life suggest this to me. Not only that, there's the unbelievably complicated interactions between the cycles of the different systems of not only our planet.....but also our solar system and the very laws of physics which compliment each other so perfectly as to allow for everything in existence as is to exist. I believe there is an intelligence at work they we humans could not even begin to define........it would be like the highly-sophisticated societies present in ant, bee, wasp, hornet, etc. species attempting to understand the intelligence which exists in humans and how it lends to world-wide cross culture interactions.

the word for this is ofcourse merely intelligence.....not god. We are but one species of animal on a planet of millions of species of animal........orbiting a star that is but one of hundreds of thousands of stars in our galaxy.......floating through space that exists of an infinite number of galaxies. We are not being watched.......we are not being judged.......we do not have a set moral code given to us to live by.....we were no more created in a creator's image than a tapeworm was. In a thousand years when we reach the technological point of being able to communicate with another intelligent species in our infinite universe we can both be rest assured there is no god........and we can sit, ponder and futily attempt to understand the intelligence that has lended in natural, physical laws and natural, universal cycles and their interactions with one another which allowed both of our species to exist in the first place......much less gain intelligence enough to find one another and begin the conversation in the first place.

intelligence, yes. god, no.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Evil Dead
this statement seems as though it could apply to me aswell. I would like to point out that belief or non-belief in a god is just that, a belief. It has nothing to do with religion. A religion is a mob of people who huddle together in attempt to use force in numbers to influence others politically, morally and otherwise. A belief, as in that of a god or not, is merely a thought or opinion contained within each individual person. What other's believe is irrelevant to what is contained within a person's own mind......therefore has nothing to do with religions, a structure based on power by force in numbers.

That said, the actual word "god" is just icky. God has been defined by past cultures as being a supreme being.......with human like character, emotion, etc. As originated and classicly defined, god is merely a human being without a body....

that is just so egotistical it's almost laughable. Of all species on this planet......of all that so closely resemble man in both traits and intelligence.....people somehow feel the need to proclaim themselves somehow better than all other living things by basicly stating god is a human, without a physical body. Humans are animals......flesh, blood and bone........no different than an ox or deer. If there was some omnipontent creater, it surely would be no more like us than any of it's other creations that are so similar to us. "but humans hold dominion over the earth!!!"........yeah, so did giant reptiles we call dinosaurs at one point. Is one to believe that god was akin to a spritiual dinosaur at one point.......only to change his kinship to humans?

As previously stated, the word god is completely misleading. If one states they do not believe in god, they are labelled an atheist. For some reason christians can not fathom a superior form of intelligence existing that is completely different, vastly beyond anything we could ever regard as being similar to human beings.

I touched on this in one of the intelligent design threads. Nutjobs want to believe some bodiless human created the universe which has nothing to do with intelligent design at all, it has to do with blindly seeking acceptance of their own beliefs based on an ancient book written for who knows what purpose by authors whom these people don't even know the names of.......much less anything about the validity of anything written by the nameless/faceless people.

Do I believe in intelligent design? yes. Do I believe in "god"? no. There does seem to be an underlying intelligence at work in our universe......trial and error, natural selection and basic instinct possessed by all known animal life suggest this to me. Not only that, there's the unbelievably complicated interactions between the cycles of the different systems of not only our planet.....but also our solar system and the very laws of physics which compliment each other so perfectly as to allow for everything in existence as is to exist. I believe there is an intelligence at work they we humans could not even begin to define........it would be like the highly-sophisticated societies present in ant, bee, wasp, hornet, etc. species attempting to understand the intelligence which exists in humans and how it lends to world-wide cross culture interactions.

the word for this is ofcourse merely intelligence.....not god. We are but one species of animal on a planet of millions of species of animal........orbiting a star that is but one of hundreds of thousands of stars in our galaxy.......floating through space that exists of an infinite number of galaxies. We are not being watched.......we are not being judged.......we do not have a set moral code given to us to live by.....we were no more created in a creator's image than a tapeworm was. In a thousand years when we reach the technological point of being able to communicate with another intelligent species in our infinite universe we can both be rest assured there is no god........and we can sit, ponder and futily attempt to understand the intelligence that has lended in natural, physical laws and natural, universal cycles and their interactions with one another which allowed both of our species to exist in the first place......much less gain intelligence enough to find one another and begin the conversation in the first place.

intelligence, yes. god, no.

That is an interesting concept.

debbiejo
Hmmm Intelligence...Good word..

lord xyz
so god is intelligence. erm that makes sense. To me, the sun is god. On a count of, it created us and supplies us with energy. Without the sun, there wouldn't even be an earth.

debbiejo
Originally posted by lord xyz
so god is intelligence. erm that makes sense. To me, the sun is god. On a count of, it created us and supplies us with energy. Without the sun, there wouldn't even be an earth. Pagan.. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Now, you know where ancient beliefs came from......

Evil Dead
^ that's my point.....

one cannot merely state, "god is intelligence".......because god has already been given several universal charicteristics by many cultures over the past few millenia. The term already has a definition so it can't be applied to anything beyond it's existing parameters.........which is why I simply said, "intelligence".......

lord xyz
^ that's my point.....

one cannot merely state, "god is intelligence".......because god has already been given several universal charicteristics by many cultures over the past few millenia. The term already has a definition so it can't be applied to anything beyond it's existing parameters.........which is why I simply said, "intelligence"....... intelligence is a good word but it makes me feel like something's better and all powerful and something I should be thankful for. That I just don't like. The sun being god makes more sense to me.

Evil Dead
why pick the sun? one star out of an infinite number.......which obviously had no part in lending to the physical laws that place it in the exact spot to allow the earth to recieve it's energy.....nor the placement of the earth to allow it to recieve the sun's energy? Isn't that like climbing 1 meter of mount everest and declaring it the peak.......or climbing 1 rung on an infinite ladder and declaring yourself on top?

but you yourself have intelligence. We humans understand the way cycles interact to compliment each other allowing for our existence......which means if capable of doing so, we ourselves would be perfectly capable of re-creating the exact same conditions. Why better?

lord xyz
why pick the sun? one star out of an infinite number.......which obviously had no part in lending to the physical laws that place it in the exact spot to allow the earth to recieve it's energy.....nor the placement of the earth to allow it to recieve the sun's energy? Isn't that like climbing 1 meter of mount everest and declaring it the peak.......or climbing 1 rung on an infinite ladder and declaring yourself on top? The sun gives us light, energy and life. The sun was the first thing in our solar system and what caused Earth to become what it is. Yes, there are millions of stars, but no, we came to the sun. The sun won, and gave us life. The sun, is the cause of it. Not only that, but the druids believed the sun to be god aswell.
but you yourself have intelligence. We humans understand the way cycles interact to compliment each other allowing for our existence......which means if capable of doing so, we ourselves would be perfectly capable of re-creating the exact same conditions. Why better? I think this becoming philosophy. laughing out loud

grey fox
God is an entity

peejayd
God gave us free will? What is free will? How is it that God can give us a mind that is "free" but we still fall to manipulation by other human beings? Why is it that God wants us all to be more like he is supposed to be - perfect, loving, compassionate, good, yet he deliberately doesn't make us that way?

* we still fall to manipulation by other humans? can you please explain this, bro... confused

* God created us to be perfect, loving, compassionate and good...

"And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good . And the evening and the morning were the sixth day."
Genesis 1:31

* okay? wink

And again, the Bible points to predestination several times. How can there be any freedom in a world where predestination occurs?

* yes, there is a predestination, like what happened to Saint Paul...

"But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb , and called me by his grace,"
Galatians 1:15

* so where's Saint Paul's freedom? he rejected God at first...

"For ye have heard of my conversation in time past in the Jews' religion, how that beyond measure I persecuted the church of God, and wasted it :"
Galatians 1:13

* as a Pharisee, Saul (Saint Paul) persecuted the Church of God, and even imprisoned innocent Church members... that's the freedom...

Originally posted by Alliance
Considering thats true....you seem to follow "his" word quite.....welll.....

robotically?

Its as if you're saying...."god gave us free will to not be robots, but he really really likes us when we are robots, going around rectiting and doing exactly what "he" "said."

* God's words are not for Him... it's for us... for our own salvation...

"Take fast hold of instruction ; let her not go: keep her; for she is thy life ."
Proverbs 4:13

* God's words are for our own benefit, not His... wink

debbiejo
but you yourself have intelligence. We humans understand the way cycles interact to compliment each other allowing for our existence......which means if capable of doing so, we ourselves would be perfectly capable of re-creating the exact same conditions. Why better? Exactly.
I believe there is a creative process with intelligence to it that we are all part of. I think everything is connected as in a large type organism as Atlantis stated, or like I tried to put it. The analogy of us being a cell in the body of whatever is. A cell wouldn't know about all the other cells or their functions in the body, but they are creating what they were created for. The cell would not begin to comprehend what the body is at all. And us being part of the creative process can also create, and not just physically, I believe, which new science theories are discovering....We just don't understand it all yet.

lord xyz
Exactly.
I believe there is a creative process with intelligence to it that we are all part of. I think everything is connected as in a large type organism as Atlantis stated, or like I tried to put it. The analogy of us being a cell in the body of whatever is. A cell wouldn't know about all the other cells or their functions in the body, but they are creating what they were created for. The cell would not begin to comprehend what the body is at all. And us being part of the creative process can also create, and not just physically, I believe, which new science theories are discovering....We just don't understand it all yet. yes. We are gods.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.