Nate Grey vs Blackbolt

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Crease
In the BB vs Exodus thread, a couple of people conceded that Exodus could possibly defeat BB if he didn't job so much. Nate's abilities outclass Exodus' best showings, but they are similar in ability. How does this one pan out?

Soleran
um he sends BB to another dimension

Thunderstrike
Unless Nate can get away from that scream, he's dead.

Darth Kal-El
well BB's scream can't kill Nate can it? I mean he can make Nate really deaf but being deaf doesn't kill you. Sure it can knock him out

Thunderstrike
Uh, BB's scream can shatter a negative barrier, which is supposed to be unbreakable. Take a five kiloton a-bomb, then take it and multiply it by about 100 times the force. Nate doesn't have crazy durability. He's still got a normal human body. He'd be dead.

Soleran
well he can teleport and go between different dimension as well as just teleport in general...............

Mr. Valentine
well, nate could hold black bolts lips together, but im sure bb still has enough skills and talents to beat him

Thunderstrike
One hit from Black Bolt and Nate's gonna be hurting. That Master Blow is viscious.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
well, nate could hold black bolts lips together, but im sure bb still has enough skills and talents to beat him

i asked this in another thread. Would holding his lips or shutting his mouth work?

Wouldn't he still be able to hum or something and make his vocal cords vibrate and make a sound?...

Mr. Valentine
indeed, but could nate just rip off the antenae from his head (i saw this happen before, he nearly died) but yes, the scream could probably destroy him yeah

Mr. Valentine
yeah i geuss, never thought about the hum... that could work, but it might not be as powerful as a scream, definetly strong enough to beat him though

Soleran
Yup also this is the same guy with the TP to reach out to every being on a planet I'm sure regardless of BB's resistance to TP Nate has something up his sleeve.............plus he can TP above BB and TK him shut rip him in to.

I don't know BB's tough Nate would pretty much either have to TK his mouth shut instantly which BB can still manipulate electrons hmmmm

TK his mouth shut and prevent his chords from moving and blow up his brain? lol

Crease
Nate could defeat him just as Exodus could. They're waaaaaay up on the psionic chain. Nate even more so. If I remember right, the guy was lonely amd subconsciously created a clone of Madelyn Prior out of thin air. These guys go 50/50.

Mr. Valentine
hmm, maybe, but black bolt is a genius and if none of his other powers work he could just scream...or shout... or speak...or hum...or whisper and end it

Crease
True, but like someone else said, Nate could telekinetically seal his lips. And if he tries to hum, Nate could just go astral or teleport himself of out danger before BB could hurt him with him with it.

Don't get me wrong, BB is stupid powerful too. They might be the 2 most powerful non-cosmics in marvel.

Mr. Valentine
im sure astral projections can be destroyed or forced back into their bodies, either way if he goes astral he leaves his body free to be destroyed. The teleportation would have to be really far away, because black bolt levels cities with whispers...so stick out tongue still, i geuss we wont know until it happens..big grin

jasofisc
I agree with Crease it is a pretty even match. I do wonder though if BB tried to screem and his lips were closed wouldn't he just blow his own head off with the scream.

Mr. Valentine
he wouldnt be able to scream, but he could hum.. which would work just aswell...

Soleran
he could just TP behind him

Mr. Valentine
if its bloodlust, which the rules state all battles are... then black bolt could just hum all the way through the fight, no way nate could survive that.

Soleran
LOL he could Teleport himself to the other side of the planet and use his telepathy on him I suppose.

jasofisc
has black bolt ever did the hum thing I would think the virberations would rip his lips apart.

GalacticStorm
Nate 10/10. One thought and Black Bolts dead or at least under Nates control.

grey fox
This match depends on the quick draw , is it mind or mouth ?

Mind i'm afraid , you can think almost ten times faster then you speak.

nathan summers
Nate has never been especially proficient when it came to the over all tactical use of his psionic powers. He always seemed to act on instinct and impulse rather than exact precision. Even when he became a " Shaman " it seemed the use of his powers lacked skill in comparison to his peers. ( ie: Xavier, Emma Frost, Jean Grey - Phoenix, Cable. ) So, therein lies Black Bolt's advantage. He's a lot more skilled and accurate when it comes to the use of his powers. He also has a degree of telepathic immunity. It probably wouldn't last long, but it might last long enough for him to gain some footing. If Black Bolt whispers, it's over.

Soleran
the key here is he needs to be able to speak. Which Nate can prevent.

nathan summers
That's still too much precision for Nate. He doesn't usually instantly shut down an adversaries abilities or use his telepathy in such a precise manner. He's instinct based when it comes to a fight. I think it'd be a physical battle before it became a mental one. At least a mix of the two.

Mr. Valentine
You do understand if it came to a physical fight he would get owned dont you??

nathan summers
X-Man? Yes, he would.

Xplosive
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
which is supposed to be unbreakable..

It's obvious it's not.

Black Bolt is dangerous, but experienced Nate Grey would take him down.

nathan summers
Agreed.

King KAM
does TP work on Black Bolt?, if it does he loses

nathan summers
Black Bolt has a resistance to most telepathic attacks. I don't know how they'd hold up against Nate Grey.

King KAM
Originally posted by nathan summers
Black Bolt has a resistance to most telepathic attacks. I don't know how they'd hold up against Nate Grey. if nate cant mess with his mind, he is dead.

nathan summers
Maybe. Maybe not. Black Bolt has a very controlled mind. He's trained himself to a point where he can go day to day without making a sound. I don't think it'd be an easy task for Nate. Especially since he's not a very skilled telepath.

Skill > Power.

Soleran
Dude Nathan is such a powerful Telepath he made the entire city of NY forget him, touched the entire population of a planet with his TP...........he has enough skill to take BB.

King KAM
Originally posted by Soleran
Dude Nathan is such a powerful Telepath he made the entire city of NY forget him, touched the entire population of a planet with his TP...........he has enough skill to take BB. i dont know, god-like cable did more, and her was still defeated by SS

Soleran
Originally posted by King KAM
i dont know, god-like cable did more, and her was still defeated by SS

Well I am only making a reference is all to show his TP, maybe he loses I do know he can teleport to the other side of the planet and work his TP from there. Really facing BB head on is risky and if BB was free for a second and nate was around him, squish..............................

nathan summers
Fact is, Nate in comparison to Blackagar has the raw power. I still think Blackagar has a chance though. He's faced cosmic adversaries before and has never backed down. I just don't see Nate being " smart " enough to simply come up with a worthwhile plan. For the most part he's always depended on his powers and them being more potent than everyone elses. He rushes into fights because he's cocky. ( BTW; When I talk about X-Man, I mean the incarnation before the Ellis and Grant version. )

Soleran
gotcha

Thunderstrike
How do you guys think Cable was able to take out Nate Grey? He suckered him into overcharging himself. Black Bolt is an experienced, tactical fighter who is a great leader, and never even needs to speak. This is a guy who trains with Karnak, who is one of the best H2H fighters out there. He's a bred warrior. Nate, however, is a kid. He's impulsive, and overall not that smart. Black Bolt would won nate, 10/10. That much power doesn't matter if you can't use it properly.

Now, if this were Cable vs Black Bolt, it would be a different story.

btw, I made a sig for you Nathan. Check the sig link under my signature.

King KAM
How do you guys think Cable was able to take out Nate Grey? He suckered him into overcharging himself. Black Bolt is an experienced, tactical fighter who is a great leader, and never even needs to speak. This is a guy who trains with Karnak, who is one of the best H2H fighters out there. He's a bred warrior. Nate, however, is a kid. He's impulsive, and overall not that smart. Black Bolt would won nate, 10/10. That much power doesn't matter if you can't use it properly.

btw, I made a sig for you Nathan. Check the sig link under my signature. if captain america was immune to TP he'd own cable

Soleran
Cable could also read his mind.....................BB cannot. Cable knew the limits of his body with TK and TP since had them both......................none the less Nate would have a tough battle.

Thunderstrike
if captain america was immune to TP he'd own cable

Oh yeah. Cable even admitted that he's no match for Cap in h2h.

King KAM
Oh yeah. Cable even admitted that he's no match for Cap in h2h. the world is no match for cap in h2h.

nathan summers
Oh yeah. Cable even admitted that he's no match for Cap in h2h.

Cable also stated that Captain America was " stronger " than he was. That comment makes no sense, since Nathan is physically enhanced by his techno-organic/bionic limbs. Those would put his strength far over Rogers. Cable was flattering the Captain to make him feel good since he knows Rogers has no future. wink

nathan summers

btw, I made a sig for you Nathan. Check the sig link under my signature.

Thanks.

nathan summers

In Cable & Deadpool #25, Nathan didn't have his telepathy. Captain America did no owning. Sorry. Nathan would have to be a cripple for Capt to have any chance.

Thunderstrike
Or just no mental powers at all.

King KAM
In Cable & Deadpool #25, Nathan didn't have his telepathy. Captain America did no owning. Sorry. Nathan would have to be a cripple for Capt to have any chance. hahahahahahahaha, cap did own him, he threw him out a building, and Cable says it himself, that cap would own him.

manjaro
here's the thing, BB shouldnt really need his voice to use his powers. once his vocal chords vibrate and make sounds thats what cuases his powers to activate, cuz even with your mouth closed you can still make a pretty loud hum. The other thing is the antennae on his head are just there for him to properly rip electrons from atoms and channel them accordingly so that he doesnt absorb too much energy which could burn his body out, or just more than he can control at one time, so theoretically he should be able to increase his strentgh to an incalculable degree, but Ive never seen him go past class 60 so I wont speculate.

Nate grey is too immature. beucase he is aware of his high lvl of powers he rests on his laurels too much and dont see the need to hone his skills, as somebody said earlier its all about impulse and instinct for him. as a result i dont see him doing anything more than being on the defensive, and the more forcefields he puts up the more atoms are availbale for BB to rend asunder....the only possible way i see Nate pulling a victory is if he pulls a Manchester Black and uses his TK to lobotmize BB. cuz BB may have increased resistance to TP but there is nothing one can do about having thier grey matter physcially shifted around no matter how invulnerable they are......but since Nate is just some punk kid who just wants to surf and have a blast, chances are he wouldnt even have the tactical insight to even think of something like that. he propbably would just rely on firing force bolts at dude and see what that can do. so yeah i say he goes down like china town

Xplosive
does TP work on Black Bolt?, if it does he loses

He could also take him down with his enormous TK power.
And he is also too powerful TP for Black Bolt to resist.

If Cable wouldn't have TP and TK, than Captain America could win.

King KAM
Cable also stated that Captain America was " stronger " than he was. That comment makes no sense, since Nathan is physically enhanced by his techno-organic/bionic limbs. Those would put his strength far over Rogers. Cable was flattering the Captain to make him feel good since he knows Rogers has no future. wink now not even cannon material counts these days, cable himself states he is outclassed and you still say otherwise.......it just doesnt add up.....it just doesnt add up....

nathan summers
now not even cannon material counts these days, cable himself states he is outclassed and you still say otherwise.......it just doesnt add up.....it just doesnt add up....

Considering that other sources contradict these stray comments he made, I have to take the context of Cable's comment with a grain of salt. You're right, it just doesn't add up..

Soleran
Cable is physically superior to Cap, saying Cap is stronger then he is um wrong lolsmile

TheKahn
For my two cents, I have to agree with several people who have already stated that this fight is basically a quick draw. The first to strike should win. That being said, I'd put my money on Black Bolt. If his defense can provide him only with fraction of a second of protection against Nate then he should be able to win.

leonheartmm
nate grey, too much power. flexibility. durability. advantages etc. hes also much more powerful overall than BB. he was immature only in his youthful days, when he died he was QUITE mature.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.