Lightray vs. Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

B dot Rob
New God vs. Kryptonian who wins this slobberknocker?

JohnR
Superman. Lightray's fairly powerful, but he's not a match for Orion who's the only New God short of Izaya, Darkseid, and Infinity Man who's a match for Superman.

darthgoober
Bump

nvrbeenwthagirl
Lightray. creates a Red Sun And the fight is over.

Desaad
Originally posted by JohnR
Superman. Lightray's fairly powerful, but he's not a match for Orion who's the only New God short of Izaya, Darkseid, and Infinity Man who's a match for Superman.

Mostly co-signed.

My only feeling is that Lightray's command over energy - all forms, really - might allow him to get the win here.

This wouldn't be a pure power/power win, more like a weakness exploitation win.

That said, from what we've seen, in any sort of straight up head to head match Lightray would lose.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by Desaad
Mostly co-signed.

My only feeling is that Lightray's command over energy - all forms, really - might allow him to get the win here.

This wouldn't be a pure power/power win, more like a weakness exploitation win.

That said, from what we've seen, in any sort of straight up head to head match Lightray would lose.

Not many people At herald lvl is going to beat superman in a str8 up power for power fight. not even silver surfer.

TricksterPriest
Actually, I'd say Lightray loses unless he's insane. The fact that Lightray isn't much of a fighter seems to be getting lost here. Yes, Insane Lightray would create a few red suns and screw Supes over. Normal Lightray might not react fast enough or go that far.

Supes doesn't have to be bloodlusted to beat Lightray, but Lightray needs to be bloodlusted to bring down Superman.

nvrbeenwthagirl
Originally posted by TricksterPriest
Actually, I'd say Lightray loses unless he's insane. The fact that Lightray isn't much of a fighter seems to be getting lost here. Yes, Insane Lightray would create a few red suns and screw Supes over. Normal Lightray might not react fast enough or go that far.

Supes doesn't have to be bloodlusted to beat Lightray, but Lightray needs to be bloodlusted to bring down Superman.

What I've been saying all along. Lightray isn't a fighter at all. And even in his pacifist mind set, He has still managed some pretty high lvl feats.

Desaad
Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Not many people At herald lvl is going to beat superman in a str8 up power for power fight. not even silver surfer.

I disagree, I think the Surfer has shown that he can take down the likes of Superman with his abilities in terms of pure raw power blasts.

Lightray isn't on the Surfer's level, power-wise.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.