Nightwing vs. Nighthawk (SUPREME POWER)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JOE NUNEZ
Fights in an alley way.

JOE NUNEZ
cowards.

DarkCrawler
Nightwing.

roughrider
Nightwing: "Let's be friends and fight evil on the streets."
Nighthawk: "Go f**k yourself, snowflake."
Nightwing: "Huh? My costume is dark blue, what's snowfl..."
(Nighthawk kicks him in the nuts. Nightwing groans and keels over.)
Nighthawk: "You motherf**king honkeys love to talk. You don't win by talking. Stay home and polish your teeth, cracker. I got some lilly-white scum to punish."
Nightwing: "You're...very...hostile."
Nighthawk: "Kiss my black ass. And get a different name, s**thead. Night is taken."

Mr. Valentine
laughing laughing he showed that cracker bastard evil face evil face

Thunderstrike
Nighthawk is nobody to F with, especilally if you're a white man.

srankmissingnin
I only read the Supreme Power: Nighthawk mini but Nighthawk didn't seem like anything worth talking about. Unless he has some petter appearances Dick beats the living hell out of him.

srankmissingnin
Edit: Duplicate post

Thunderstrike
We've only got handbook stuff on him. Supposedly he's an expert martial artist. He's strong enough to rip a man's ears off with ease.

srankmissingnin
He didn't do anything more then beat up some junkies and he puked when he saw that rotting body... he's a pussy

How hard is it to rip off an ear?

Etrigan
He had to use a drug to keep DD at bay in their first encounter. That's how scared he was of losing.

But yes. An expert martial artist indeed, and at some point said he nearly beat Cap in h2h.

Murda Mase
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
He didn't do anything more then beat up some junkies and he puked when he saw that rotting body... he's a pussy

Whaaaa you're crazy.....

spetznaz
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
We've only got handbook stuff on him. Supposedly he's an expert martial artist. He's strong enough to rip a man's ears off with ease.

Ripping off a man's (or woman's for that matter LOL) ears off ('with ease') is actually very simple.
In Krav Maga it is one of the self defense techniques taught, and as long as you know the angle it is very easy.

And that is in the real world.

In comics Nightwing has done things that make 'peak human' seem like an inside joke(and honestly I think it is some inside joke in DC when it comes to the 'Bat family' .....all the members, even Oracle, do things that are simply NOT peak human but much much more), thus ripping ears is a simple task for him.

Anyways, with that said, ON PAPER (meaning pure stats) I actually think NightHawk SHOULD win.
However based on feats and examples Nightwing should win (particularly due to the fact that there is not that much out there on NightHawk).

srankmissingnin
Originally posted by Murda Mase
Whaaaa you're crazy.....

Maybe, but I am also 100% right

grey fox
Originally posted by roughrider
Nightwing: "Let's be friends and fight evil on the streets."
Nighthawk: "Go f**k yourself, snowflake."
Nightwing: "Huh? My costume is dark blue, what's snowfl..."
(Nighthawk kicks him in the nuts. Nightwing groans and keels over.)
Nighthawk: "You motherf**king honkeys love to talk. You don't win by talking. Stay home and polish your teeth, cracker. I got some lilly-white scum to punish."
Nightwing: "You're...very...hostile."
Nighthawk: "Kiss my black ass. And get a different name, s**thead. Night is taken."

Man he is a serious white-hater.....

roughrider
Originally posted by grey fox
Man he is a serious white-hater.....

Don't you know - Nighthawk is practically a black racist, who only helps black people when they are attacked by white people. He's slowly growing and becoming more accepting, but he's an angry man. Even looked down on the Blur, calling Stan a "house negro, pandering to the master."

nathan summers
Nighthawk is hateful, intolerant and a bigot, perhaps. But he's incapable of being racist. Racism refers to beliefs, practices, and institutions that discriminate against people based on their race. "Racism" as a term is applied only to the dominant group in a society, because it is that group which has the means to oppress others. And yes, he hates whites because it was a HATE crime that initiated the death of his parents. It was a racially motivated crime. Not just some one picking another out by chance.

Nighthawk would hold his own. wink

roughrider
Yes, being bigoted is closer than being racist, for him. He has white people in his company, but we see he doesn't like to associate with them. The hate crime from his younger days has scarred him, and it will be an evolution for him to accept others better.

outavodka
Originally posted by roughrider
Yes, being bigoted is closer than being racist, for him. He has white people in his company, but we see he doesn't like to associate with them. The hate crime from his younger days has scarred him, and it will be an evolution for him to accept others better.
lol there ya go laughing he should be more like nightthrasher instead.

AcousticDoc
As Nathan Summers mentioned, you can't be racist if you're black.

Juntai
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
As Nathan Summers mentioned, you can't be racist if you're black. But anyone with sense knows that is wrong. People of every color and shape are capable of racism.

nathan summers
Originally posted by Juntai
But anyone with sense knows that is wrong. People of every color and shape are capable of racism.

You're correct to a degree. In many other countries racism has existed and was used by various ethnicities, religious groups and so forth. Unfortunately, here in America, the statement holds true. Those of Hispanic, African, Arab, Chinese, Japanese, Native.. etc. descent are incapable of racism. That would imply they posses the social means, purpose or effect of nullifying or impairing the recognition, enjoyment or exercise, on an equal footing, of human rights and fundamental freedoms in the political, economic, social, cultural or any other field of public life. And they don't. Look up the definitions bigotry and racism and racial discrimination. They're very similiar and easily confused.

nathan summers
I give this a Nightwing 60/40 Nighthawk. I know Nightwing a little better, his feats and skills. Plus, anyone who's trained beneath the Batman, no pun intended, has to have skills up there.

roughrider
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
As Nathan Summers mentioned, you can't be racist if you're black.

Is that what the Rev. Louis Farrahkan says? roll eyes (sarcastic)

outavodka
I thinkFarakhan is wonky, and so is his teachings, ive uhh...had the pleasure of hearing his works, hes basically Malcom X before his trip to India. but thats just my asumptions.

nathan summers
Louis Farrakhan. He's like all religious extremists -- out for power and money.

spetznaz
Originally posted by nathan summers
Nighthawk is hateful, intolerant and a bigot, perhaps. But he's incapable of being racist. Racism refers to beliefs, practices, and institutions that discriminate against people based on their race. "Racism" as a term is applied only to the dominant group in a society, because it is that group which has the means to oppress others. And yes, he hates whites because it was a HATE crime that initiated the death of his parents. It was a racially motivated crime. Not just some one picking another out by chance.

Nighthawk would hold his own. wink

Wrong.
Racism is basically bias and prejudice due to race.
End of story.

It doesn't have to be attributed to a 'dominant' or 'subversive' group in a society, and for the matter it doesn't even have to be oppressive, suppressive or even repressive. All racism requires is prejudice based on race.
In the past this went hand in hand with oppression (for example overt forms like lynching and cross burnings in the US, and 'sjambok' whippings in South Africa) to repression (for example the Jim Crow laws in the US, and the whole 'equal but separate' nonsense).
But racism doesn't need that ......for example in 2006 there are still some people out there who are racists, but Jim Crow laws are relegated to history, there are no 'colored' bathrooms separate from 'white' bathrooms, cross burnings are mostly to be found in old films, and I doubt most of the population even knows what a lynching is.

Anyways, racism doesn't require dominance or subservience in society. Now, position in the social stratum can definitely enhance it, but it is not a requirement. All that is needed is prejudice based on race.

Take Louis Farrakhan for example ......he is both a racist and an anti-semite, and apparently has no apologies for either stance. He has even gone to great lengths to promote rather ludicrous notions ....for example his assertions that the 'white race' descended from a 'mad god' called 'Yacub,' and that while black people all over the world were born 'righteous and turned to righteousness' the white people of the world were 'made unrighteous by the god who made them.'

If a white or asian person said the same words, in the inverse, it would be straight racist. Why shouldn't it be the same for Mr Farrakhan then?

Anyways, from personal experience (as an immigrant from Africa to the USA), the only racism I have PERSONALLY experienced came from a group of African-Americans.

Long and short of it is this ......racism only pertains to race. Other factors like the facets and aspects of class structure can enhance it, but the beast itself is only pertinent to race and prejudice due to race. Whites, asians, blacks ...whatever .....can all be racist.

Anyways, you said:

Nighthawk is hateful, intolerant and a bigot, perhaps. But he's incapable of being racist. Racism refers to beliefs, practices, and institutions that discriminate against people based on their race. "Racism" as a term is applied only to the dominant group in a society, because it is that group which has the means to oppress others.

Well, the thing is that NHawk (who I like BTW) is hateful, intolerant and a bigot.
That doesn't make one a racist .....for example I am highly intolerant of people who waste my time in business, and I am a high bigot against them .....but that doesn't make me racist.
HOWEVER, if someone is hateful, intolerant, and a bigot, AND IT IS DUE TO THE OTHER PERSON'S RACE, then that person is a racist.
Pure and simple.
As I tried to explain before it has nothing to do with dominance within the social stratum, and it also has nothing to do with the power to oppress (for example most racists today do not have the power to oppress those that they look down upon, unlike the olden days when looking at a white woman in the street could, and did, have people get hanged on the spot! Nowadays the ability to 'oppress' is largely absent ......unless you have the bad luck to have a racist as your boss or teacher or bus driver. LOL. But that is rare. Nowadays you can only be 'oppressed' or offended if you allow yourself to be, meaning if you take to heart what some silly bigot is saying to you. Otherwise there is no real power today, while in the olden days there was significant power that extended even to the legal spectrum. Nowadays the most you have to deal is a weird look and some silly words).

Anyways ....NightHawk is a racist.

And yes, he hates whites because it was a HATE crime that initiated the death of his parents. It was a racially motivated crime. Not just some one picking another out by chance.

True, it is a hate crime that made him hate whites. But that doesn't take away from him being a racist.
If someone robs you, and then you turn and rob the next person who comes down the path, you are in fact a robber.
If a woman shoots your dog, and you take your Sig and go shoot dogs owned by women (because they are dogs and they are owned by women), that doesn't make you innocent. You are as bad as the person who blasted your dog.
A bad thing happening to a person doesn't give them carte blanche to go and extend it to other people.

roughrider
Despite what's been stated about Nighthawk's character, I still find him interesting to read. He's like many vigilante/anti-hero's who have a point of view that has some validity, but just go too far with it.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by nathan summers
Louis Farrakhan. He's like all religious extremists -- out for power and money.

Very true. I've seen his house. He lives in the Chicago area. He bought his kid an Escalade. Even funnier: his son goes to a high school that is predominantly white and all of his teachers are white. It's a Lutheran school.

outavodka
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Very true. I've seen his house. He lives in the Chicago area. He bought his kid an Escalade. Even funnier: his son goes to a high school that is predominantly white and all of his teachers are white. It's a Lutheran school. laughing his kids gota learn the evil white history ryte. must be doing something right lol laughing dont take its serious "for anyone who wants to snap back at me"

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.