New Darth Vader game?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Revolver Ocelot
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6147799.html

Lord Coal
Hope they don't screw this one up like they have with most of the SW games.....Darth Vader is the ultimate villain that I grew up on.

Well, Michael Jackson's pretty evil, too, but that's another story!!!

Anyways, it's about time Vader was recognised...Star Wars would be nothing without him.

((The_Anomaly))
Thats freaking awesome. I hope they dont F****tard it up like they do 70% of SW games.

This is a game that needs attention and time. Vader is an icon and they cant screw it up, or they're gonna be pwned.

People have been waiting for this for a long time. This is a game that if its not AMAZING, its going to be credited as horrible.

I personally want a game that your devoted to being Yoda throughout his life (or maybe the later half...lol) I would kill for an amazing Yoda game.

I'd also love to see a game where your Palpatine through his life, starting out as an apprentice to Darth Plagieus and then through his younger life as a Sith apprentice, then pre-TPM and then through the PT.

Needless to say a Vader game has potential. yes

jollyjim311
Better be good. I hope there is more to it than button mashing and killing some padawns really easily.

It needs to have a few things:
*A good storyline that isn't just mission after mission of "Go hunt down the remaining Jedi."
* A combat system that works, isn't confusing, and has enough moves so that you can be creative, but nothing stupid.
* Vader vs. Jedi
* Choices that the player can make, so it's not just Vader walking down the hallway, killing security droids, and then finding Jedi.

Probably a lot more, but some don't need to be said.

I am looking forward to it, but if it sucks, heads will roll.

Revolver Ocelot
Maybe they should make it a very "open" game. You, being the second deadliest man in the galaxy, should have the authority to have planets bombed or "convince" (force choke) rebellious leaders into joining with the empire.
They should allow you to get in your super TIE and rip shit up. Or call down hundreds of Stormtroopers if you get in a sticky situation (you vs dozens of Jedi, or something).

zephiel7
Oh noes! What have they done. This will fail miserably I can sense it...

Come on, the only cool part will be playing as darth vader. You will not have as many force powers as Kyle Katarn, and movement will most likely be clunky if they wish to stay true to the Star Wars canon.

Blaxican_Hydra
Lol, I formed an idea of a starwars gae shortly after episode came out and I sent my idea to Lucas arts...

Anyhoo... I hope this game is ok.

Revolver Ocelot
Come on, the only cool part will be playing as darth vader. You will not have as many force powers as Kyle Katarn, and movement will most likely be clunky if they wish to stay true to the Star Wars canon.

The gameplay itself doesn't have to stay true to SW canon.

Tangible God
It so rarely ever does.

Traya
Meh, I hope Bioware don't make it.

Jonathan Mark
Boring... who would want to play as Vader. It would bore me to hell.

Revolver Ocelot
I'd rather play as him than any other Sith.

Razielim
http://www.computerandvideogames.com/article.php?id=139639

Updates.

Admiral Akbar
Cool. Is it a PC game?

DarthBanevv
I hope it's as good as I thought Bounty Hunter would be. And I don't know if it's for the pc or not, Akbar. I for one hope it's for the Nintend Wii (Formerly the Nintendo Revolution). Then you would actually get to swing the lightaber. I think it will be the best console for lightsaber combat.

DiamondBullets
Originally posted by DarthBanevv
I hope it's as good as I thought Bounty Hunter would be. And I don't know if it's for the pc or not, Akbar. I for one hope it's for the Nintend Wii (Formerly the Nintendo Revolution). Then you would actually get to swing the lightaber. I think it will be the best console for lightsaber combat.

Bounty Hunter kicked ass!

That game really made me respect Jango--not only do you sympathize with him, but he's also a non-Force user who WTFpwns a former apprentice of Dooku's!

DarthBanevv
Originally posted by DiamondBullets

That game really made me respect Jango--not only do you sympathize with him, but he's also a non-Force user who WTFpwns a former apprentice of Dooku's! It was good, but it could have been better. It's just not how I imagined the game. But it's probably better the way they have it.

DarthMaul9123
Originally posted by DiamondBullets

That game really made me respect Jango--not only do you sympathize with him, but he's also a non-Force user who WTFpwns a former apprentice of Dooku's! yeah, but the extent that i like jango is parrallel to that of boba and maul so good thing or id have'ta rip you up now wouldn't i

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.