Mangog vs. Gladiator

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Betageuze
i ve heard, that Mangog is one of the most powerful guys in Marvel (physically)

Gladiator is Marvels "superman"

who wins ?

batdude123
Originally posted by Betageuze

who wins ?

1) Thor can't even beat Mangog, so how the hell is Gladiator going to be able to?
2) Gladiator is a VERY cheap knock-off of Superman. Gladiator should wipe Supes a$$ when he's done poopin'! laughing Gladiator can't even hold a candle up to what Superman has done. wink

soujaboy09
Thats because Gladiator jobs all the time, and he's not the face of Marvel as Superman is for DC.

Mangog takes this though

mangog would beat Superman down to

batdude123
Originally posted by soujaboy09
Thats because Gladiator jobs all the time, and he's not the face of Marvel as Superman is for DC.

Mangog takes this though

mangog would beat Superman down to

Maybe. He could beat Juggernaut too. wink

soujaboy09
He could if it was current Juggernaut

batdude123
Originally posted by soujaboy09
He could if it was current Juggernaut

Dude, Current Superman and Current Juggernaut have a lot in common because they aren't a FRACTION as powerful as in their old days. wink That would be Classic Juggernaut and Pre-Crisis Superman. Either one of those two could probably defeat Mangog.

guy222
Originally posted by Betageuze

who wins ?

Mangog

h1a8
I'm a stranger to Mangog.
What were some of his greatest feats of strength and durability?
Any scans of him?

I was just wondering why people respect him so much.
Even though I never seen him in action.

guy222
Originally posted by h1a8
I'm a stranger to Mangog.
What were some of his greatest feats of strength and durability?
Any scans of him?

I was just wondering why people respect him so much.
Even though I never seen him in action.

I will see if I have em

Mangog beat Odin

quanchi112
mangog

Wonder Man
Well there's a lot of people that don't like Glads but i still do.
He has a better power than Juggernaut both in strength and invulnerability. Some people just fail to see that cause of their rose colored glasses.
I still see him as better than Thor or Surfer.
Surfer has the Power Cosmic...Thor has the godblast and Gladiator has physical superiority. That's is the way the creators made it and no fan opinion can change that.
I figure he stands a good shot at Mangog.

h1a8
Can mangog fly?
Or teleport under its own power?

Man I am ashamed to know nothing about mangog.

Wonder Man
He came out of Oblivion or some such thing. Gods fear him.

lordboo
Originally posted by guy222
I will see if I have em

Mangog beat Odin
he did indeed,killed him i think.

guy222
Originally posted by lordboo
he did indeed,killed him i think.

thumb up

quanchi112
mangog is some one u avoid in an alley....

lordboo
Originally posted by quanchi112
mangog is some one u avoid in an alley....
especially a dark one.

llagrok
Mangog doesn't even fit in your average alley, how badass is that!

h1a8
Can he fly though?
Or teleport?

Symmetric Chaos
Can he fly though?
Or teleport?

Does it matter? He's got magic to use.

h1a8
Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
Does it matter? He's got magic to use.

If mangog can only move at about 115mph then Gladiator, with his super speed, can throw him in space for BFR. Now if he can teleport then Mangog takes this. See it does matter.

quanchi112
mangog crushes him

h1a8
mangog crushes him

Not if he can't fly or teleport.
Remember BFR is a win too.

Symmetric Chaos
If mangog can only move at about 115mph then Gladiator, with his super speed, can throw him in space for BFR. Now if he can teleport then Mangog takes this. See it does matter.

Or Mangog could blast him out of the air with magic energies.

I'm just thowing stuff out there can someone who actually knows what Mangog can do in a fight (besides beat Odin etc) post? erm

quanchi112

I'm just thowing stuff out there can someone who actually knows what Mangog can do in a fight (besides beat Odin etc) post? erm laughing

Symmetric Chaos
laughing

It could have been worse. He doesn't know anything Mangog. On the other hand I managed to find the wiki article on him.

h1a8

I'm just thowing stuff out there can someone who actually knows what Mangog can do in a fight (besides beat Odin etc) post? erm

I heard mangog was pretty slow (from Marvel). In OHOTMU, it says he can only move at 115mph. If that is true then he would seem to be still life to Gladiator (if gladiator has the reflexes and speed of Superman). Gladiator flys behind him at supersonic speed and throws him into space. Now if mangog is fast enough to turn around to try to stop this then he most certainly moves faster than 115mph which would be a contradiction by Marvel. Hey but I know nothing of his speed as I never seen him in a comic.

quanchi112
I heard mangog was pretty slow (from Marvel). In OHOTMU, it says he can only move at 115mph. If that is true then he would seem to be still life to Gladiator (if gladiator has the reflexes and speed of Superman). Gladiator flys behind him at supersonic speed and throws him into space. Now if mangog is fast enough to turn around to try to stop this then he most certainly moves faster than 115mph which would be a contradiction by Marvel. Hey but I know nothing of his speed as I never seen him in a comic. u actually admit u know nothing of him yet u argue he could lose. laughing ignorance is bliss!

Jebus reborn

I'm just thowing stuff out there can someone who actually knows what Mangog can do in a fight (besides beat Odin etc) post? erm Um, his fists can move faster than the Asgardian machines that Odin uses, can track.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/7458/thorvol252602417bx2.th.jpg

Plus, he's durable enough to take multiple cheapshot hammer blows from Thor, to no effect...

Also, I don't actually ever remember Mangog beating Odin, nor can I see it, whenever I read the initial comic, in which this happened.
Unless grabbing an unconscious Odin, constitutes as beating him...

Although... Mangog did take Odin's full force, to no effect at the time it was delivered.

Bottom line, Gladiator isn't hurting Mangog, or KO'ing him, and Thor got lucky by shoving his hammer down his throat, and unleashing hell... unless Gladiator wants to shove his head down his throat (and risk getting eaten...), then Gladiator has no way to win, although, I'll check some more comics to see about this grabbing him...

h1a8
u actually admit u know nothing of him yet u argue he could lose. laughing ignorance is bliss!

Why don't people understand English these days.
I said "If" .

"If mangog can't fly" (I don't know)
"If mangog can't teleport" (again I don't know)
"If mangog is slow as Marvel say in OHOTMU" (yet again I don't know)

Then and only then will he lose.
Do you understand now?

Jebus reborn
This is what happens when Glads tries to BFR Mangog.
http://img221.imageshack.us/img221/972/thor15603um0.th.jpg

KillAll
Mangog is a BEAST. i believe he takes this quite handily.

i also never understood why thor or odin... whenever they had a conflict with mangog didnt just animate the destroyer. easily as durable and strong... not to mention the other weapons.

quanchi112
Why don't people understand English these days.
I said "If" .

"If mangog can't fly" (I don't know)
"If mangog can't teleport" (again I don't know)
"If mangog is slow as Marvel say in OHOTMU" (yet again I don't know)

Then and only then will he lose.
Do you understand now? why argue against a charcater u know absoltely nothing about...eevrything from u is a guess on mangog. take it from us mangog wins.

h1a8
why argue against a charcater u know absoltely nothing about...eevrything from u is a guess on mangog. take it from us mangog wins.

What's wrong with you man?

I never ever said Gladiator wins this (That would constitute arguing). Giving "if" scenarios is not arguing; its just using common sense for fun. Yes using logic is fun to me, that is why I replied to this thread.

I said that if Mangog is slow (is he?), can't fly, and can't teleport then he loses to BFR. Because all Gladiator has to do is fly at superspeed behind him and throw him into space (not hit him). Now if Mangog is fast enough to turn around before Gladiator can throw him then he wins all day, as Gladiator could never BFR him (his only chance).

Maybe through his magic he can teleport though(I don't know).

If you believe Mangog will win then you believe either he is fast enough to prevent BFR, can fly, or can teleport. Which one is it?

nvrbeenwthagirl
Glads can certainly pick the ground up from beneath mangog and hurl him into space for a bfr win. That is the only way I see him getting a victory.
Mangog 9/10

Tyrant
What's wrong with you man?

I never ever said Gladiator wins this (That would constitute arguing). Giving "if" scenarios is not arguing; its just using common sense for fun. Yes using logic is fun to me, that is why I replied to this thread.

I said that if Mangog is slow (is he?), can't fly, and can't teleport then he loses to BFR. Because all Gladiator has to do is fly at superspeed behind him and throw him into space (not hit him). Now if Mangog is fast enough to turn around before Gladiator can throw him then he wins all day, as Gladiator could never BFR him (his only chance).

Maybe through his magic he can teleport though(I don't know).

If you believe Mangog will win then you believe either he is fast enough to prevent BFR, can fly, or can teleport. Which one is it? I believe Glads has too much pride to just throw his opponent away.
Not that it would work here, but, there should never be a thread where Gladiator throws his opponent away, or something.

Grinning Goku
Was it Warrior Madness Thor/King Thor that blew Mangog's head open or normal Thor?

Tyrant
Originally posted by Grinning Goku
Was it Warrior Madness Thor/King Thor that blew Mangog's head open or normal Thor? Normal Thor cheapshotted him, and shoved his hammed down his throat, and blew an anti matter blast in his stomach.

Priest
Originally posted by Tyrant
Normal Thor cheapshotted him, and shoved his hammed down his throat, and blew an anti matter blast in his stomach.
he was amped by the gauntlets and i think the belt of strength too.
Mangog is a impressive mo fo brick imo...

Validus
Normal Thor cheapshotted him, and shoved his hammed down his throat, and blew an anti matter blast in his stomach.
There was nothing that said it was anti matter.

Priest
Originally posted by Validus
There was nothing that said it was anti matter.
tru, but i always assumed it was a God Blast.

batdude123
It wasn't the godblast.

Tyrant
There was nothing that said it was anti matter. Sorry, I meant anti-force blast.

Validus
Sorry, I meant anti-force blast.
Who said it was anti-force?!?!?

Tyrant
Who said it was anti-force?!?!? Thordog.
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/3379/thorvol252702518fj0.th.jpg

batdude123
laughing out loud @ Gladiator.

Mangog wraps his johnson around Kallark's neck and strangles him to death.

Validus
Thordog.
http://img116.imageshack.us/img116/3379/thorvol252702518fj0.th.jpg
Thor doesn't know shit.

Tyrant
Thor doesn't know shit. Neither does the Recorder...
http://img77.imageshack.us/img77/1779/thorvol252702521iu9.th.jpg

Huzzah!

Validus
Glad you agree.

Tyrant
Originally posted by batdude123
laughing out loud @ Gladiator.

Mangog wraps his johnson around Kallark's neck and strangles him to death. Keep our fantasies out of threads...

Glad you agree. Oh of course... of course.

norrinradd43
Rune King Thor pretty much disintigrated Mangog with a touch I think Mangog takes some against gladiator but I do think Kallark can win some it has to be a good showing but it is certainly in the scope of his powers to do so...did mangog ever destroy a planet in moments with his bare hands...Gladiator did

Tyrant
Keep our fantasies out of threads... That's supposed to be a "your"... no expression

Originally posted by norrinradd43
Rune King Thor pretty much disintigrated Mangog with a touch I think Mangog takes some against gladiator but I do think Kallark can win some it has to be a good showing but it is certainly in the scope of his powers to do so...did mangog ever destroy a planet in moments with his bare hands...Gladiator did Ah, completely agree, Gladiator is comparable to Rune King Thor.

I mean, with Gladiator's Odin level power, and his extensive knowledge in Rune magic, how can he not do what RKT did?

norrinradd43
Never said he was I was just pointing out a time when Mangog got owned...its still in the scope of Gladiators ability to defeat Mangog anybody who has planet busting ability can beat him.

strengthkills
That's supposed to be a "your"... no expression

Ah, completely agree, Gladiator is comparable to Rune King Thor.

I mean, with Gladiator's Odin level power, and his extensive knowledge in Rune magic, how can he not do what RKT did? laughing laughing laughing laughing quote: (post)
@ Gladiator.

Mangog wraps his johnson around Kallark's neck and strangles him to death.
Keep our fantasies out of threads...

. laughing laughing

norrinradd43
Has Mangog ever destroyed a planet...no i dont think he has, is he capable of hyper space speed or eye beams which are the least of his abilities that kept up with tyrants blasts for a while and burnt through the hulk's chest...the only way mangog wins is if gladiator stands there and just trades punches whith him so... doctor

strengthkills
Has Mangog ever destroyed a planet...no i dont think he has, is he capable of hyper space speed or eye beams which are the least of his abilities that kept up with tyrants blasts for a while and burnt through the hulk's chest...the only way mangog wins is if gladiator stands there and just trades punches whith him so... doctor they kinda burned hulks chest,they didnt go fully through him,i still think mangog is hype so i give an edge to glads

norrinradd43
I still think a non jobbing gladiator could even win in a slugfest

Tyrant
Never said he was I was just pointing out a time when Mangog got owned...its still in the scope of Gladiators ability to defeat Mangog anybody who has planet busting ability can beat him. So, it's ideal to point out that beings way above the person fighting him, have owned the combatant?
Galactus owned Surfer... might as well bring that up in threads involving Hulk, and whatnot...

Thor has only beaten Mangog twice, once was through magic, once was through a cheapshot, and something else Glads can't do.
It certainly wasn't through Thor's strength (which, his counterpart has destroyed planets easily), and Gladiator winning most certainly won't be because of his strength.

If Gladiator is even near Thor's strength (which, I think three fights tell us, that he is, and that a hammer edges out Glads most certainly), then you can bet it is nowhere near Mangog's.

Has Mangog ever destroyed a planet...no i dont think he has, is he capable of hyper space speed or eye beams which are the least of his abilities that kept up with tyrants blasts for a while and burnt through the hulk's chest...the only way mangog wins is if gladiator stands there and just trades punches whith him so... doctor Has Gladiator ever completely owned Thor?

Pretty sneaky sis.

h1a8
everybody please stop using abc logic. You're driving me crazy with that nonsense.

How does Mangog prevent BFR?
And characters will result to any means to win (forum rules).
So don't give me that "he's too confident/prideful to do that" stuff, or that "its so out of character for him to do that" crap.

quanchi112
mangog utterly crushes him. end of story he is way to powerful

Symmetric Chaos

Blast energy from his body like then Thor tried to grab him.

So don't give me that "he's too confident/prideful to do that" stuff, or that "its so out of character for him to do that" crap.

CIS and strong psychological prohibitions/limitations still apply.

Though I agree in this case.

Tyrant
everybody please stop using abc logic. You're driving me crazy with that nonsense.

So don't give me that "he's too confident/prideful to do that" stuff, or that "its so out of character for him to do that" crap. It's not ABC logic, it's an accurate comparison.

Thor hit him with his hammer, and got KOed. How exactly do you think Gladiator is going to grab him, and toss him into space?

Good thing CIS applies to the forum...
Now, when exactly have you ever saw Gladiator BFR someone?
It's not crap, unless you want to ignore what is done in comics.

Hell, the only time I remember him doing, or trying any BFR, is when he said that he was going to put enough force to punch Cannonball to the sun... which oddly enough, didn't work.

Either way, it's not going to work...

norrinradd43
Gladiator BFRed Wonder Man by knocking him deep into the ground but that was after Gladiator was completely owning him

Tyrant
Gladiator BFRed Wonder Man by knocking him deep into the ground but that was after Gladiator was completely owning him Didn't he KO him, and continued to punch him down into the ground?

For some reason, I don't see that working on Mangog.

norrinradd43
being punched through layers of earth might just qualify for BFR even though it wasnt necessary

the Darkone
Mangog defeated Odin, so What the f**k? Gladiator is going to doerm.

norrinradd43
Odin must have been jobbing...he should loose to that overgrown hippo

Wonder Man
I don't see how Asagard is any better than the glacatic empire of the Shiaer Empire. Just because you are god lovers that Thor and Odin hold such a high place. Gladiator eaisly stood down Thor in one Thor issue i read where Glads was fighthing an armada at the same time.
As a matter of fact the moment Gladiator moved into 4d speed the fight was just about over.
Mangog is another story from Thor though. He really is all that. I'm not sure how powerful he is but he might be able to beat Gladiator and even Thanos.

Tyrant
Originally posted by Wonder Man
I don't see how Asagard is any better than the glacatic empire of the Shiaer Empire. Just because you are god lovers that Thor and Odin hold such a high place. Gladiator eaisly stood down Thor in one Thor issue i read where Glads was fighthing an armada at the same time.
As a matter of fact the moment Gladiator moved into 4d speed the fight was just about over.
Mangog is another story from Thor though. He really is all that. I'm not sure how powerful he is but he might be able to beat Gladiator and even Thanos. Well, that's a pointless statement, which holds no ground...
Thor defeated Glads twice also...

Just because he can beat Glads, means nothing on Thanos...

the Darkone
Odin must have been jobbing...he should loose to that overgrown hippo uh no, I have the issue he wasn't pis, classic mangog was a sob. Absorbing hatered throught out the universe, can maniuplate mytical energies, above normal intelligence. Let's put it this wa a smartert PC Validus get the picture.

h1a8
It's not ABC logic, it's an accurate comparison.

Thor hit him with his hammer, and got KOed. How exactly do you think Gladiator is going to grab him, and toss him into space?

Good thing CIS applies to the forum...
Now, when exactly have you ever saw Gladiator BFR someone?
It's not crap, unless you want to ignore what is done in comics.

Hell, the only time I remember him doing, or trying any BFR, is when he said that he was going to put enough force to punch Cannonball to the sun... which oddly enough, didn't work.

Either way, it's not going to work...

So you're saying that gladiator is not strong enough to throw him into space?
Because mangog weighs at most 1.75 tons (3500lbs to be exact) and gladiator can lift at least hundreds of thousands of tons.

Or are you saying that Mangog can turn around at the speed of light or faster to prevent from being quickly thrown? Because Marvel has him clocked at 115mph. Want proof?

And do you know forum rules? What a character would normally do doesn't decide fights here. Its what they can do. They are allowed to use the best strategy in order to win.

Its like saying that if you had one character's powers and abilities and I had the other's then who would win between me and you.

But if mangog can use magic to escape space then he wins all day (needs proof though).

Saying it's not going to work isn't proof. For you must state why it isn't going to work. Like for example, "mangog is too fast to fall for that or he can escape space by .....".

Otherwise, he loses only due to BFR. Case closed.

Tyrant
So you're saying that gladiator is not strong enough to throw him into space?
Because mangog weighs at most 1.75 tons (3500lbs to be exact) and gladiator can lift at least hundreds of thousands of tons.

Or are you saying that Mangog can turn around at the speed of light or faster to prevent from being quickly thrown? Because Marvel has him clocked at 115mph. Want proof?

And do you know forum rules? What a character would normally do doesn't decide fights here. Its what they can do. They are allowed to use the best strategy in order to win.

Its like saying that if you had one character's powers and abilities and I had the other's then who would win between me and you.

But if mangog can use magic to escape space then he wins all day (needs proof though).

Saying it's not going to work isn't proof. For you must state why it isn't going to work. Like for example, "mangog is too fast to fall for that or he can escape space by .....".

Otherwise, he loses only due to BFR. Case closed. I've shown evidence, as to why Mangog won't be BFR'd, and I've explained why he won't be...
I'm not going through it again.

Also, if you want to take Marvel for proof, then... you must accept that Gambit has better energy projection than Thanos.
Thanos - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Thanos
Gambit - http://www.marvel.com/universe/Gambit

Um... you want to know the forum rules?
"Bloodlust
It is assumed that each contestant will fight to his/her best ability, but still within the character's personality, unless specified otherwise. That means they will use any powers at their disposal. For example, even though The Flash doesn't clock each of his own opponents in the first millisecond in his own comic, it is assumed that is a viable tactic on this board since it is a proven fact that he possesses that level of speed.
It is also assumed that the characters fight at their optimum levels of ability - not explicitly weakened or unusually powered up for those who have variable power levels."
Proof - http://www.killermovies.com/forums/452950_1-forum-rules-read-before-posting

Now, I know you're looking at the italic part, but the difference between Gladiator, and Flash is that, Flash actually blitzes... a lot.

I already explained the rest, so ya...

h1a8
I've shown evidence, as to why Mangog won't be BFR'd, and I've explained why he won't be...
I'm not going through it again.

You shown none. Was it you that said when Thor hit Mangog he KOed him? Thor was still able to hit him right (before he got koed)? If so then that is all Gladiator should be able to hit him first too or rather throw him first from behind.

This is debatable here. As marvel has tried to show the true potential of Gambit. And the grid has nothing to do with better energy projection, just unlimited command over all forms of energy. One can have better energy projection with just one type of energy discharge over another with multiple types of energy discharge. And as far as I know there are two forms of energy (potential and kinetic) in which Gambit has (or had) complete command over. But maybe Thanos is a 7 too (depends on whether he has unlimited command over the potential type of energy).

With that said,
if comics contradict a character's official bios then it is the comics that should be used as proof and not the bios. So when has the comics contradicted Mangog's speed with his bios? And don't tell me because he hit Thor. For people slow as **** hit Thor before (even hit Spiderman too).

Thanks for backing me up here. As long as the Gladiator is able to do it and also since he has attempted this tactic before then it thus proves that it is in his character to try this. Thus Gladiator will speed blitz a throw in at super speed. And know that it is to the best of his ability to use his speed blitz.

"a lot" is insignificant. All it takes is once to show that it is in a character's personality. And Gladiator has speed blitzed more than once.

Tyrant
You shown none. Was it you that said when Thor hit Mangog he KOed him? Thor was still able to hit him right (before he got koed)? If so then that is all Gladiator should be able to hit him first too or rather throw him first from behind. The thing is, a punch or in this case a hammer, only delivers about a second or less of contact.

A grab, and a throw delivers more, which if he tried, would make him very capable of being KO'ed.
And, if Thor can't effect Mangog, then Glads is doing nothing with a punch.

Ignore the proof if you want, I really don't care.

This is debatable here. As marvel has tried to show the true potential of Gambit. And the grid has nothing to do with better energy projection, just unlimited command over all forms of energy. One can have better energy projection with just one type of energy discharge over another with multiple types of energy discharge. And as far as I know there are two forms of energy (potential and kinetic) in which Gambit has (or had) complete command over. But maybe Thanos is a 7 too (depends on whether he has unlimited command over the potential type of energy).

With that said,
if comics contradict a character's official bios then it is the comics that should be used as proof and not the bios. So when has the comics contradicted Mangog's speed with his bios? And don't tell me because he hit Thor. For people slow as **** hit Thor before (even hit Spiderman too). Um... Thanos controls more energy than him though, so that's nothing...
Also, Iron Man is more durable than Thanos too according to Marvel...

Ya know, not everything is based off of running/travel speed. Otherwise, Surfer would be one of the toughest opponents in the forum, and not even Glads with all his flaunted speed would hit him.

Now, the thing is, Mangog's reaction/punching speed has proven to be dangerous. If Recorder can't follow his punches, then Glads is going to have a hell of a time dealing with it, if he gets close.

Also, Thor has outright said, that he takes it easy on people he fights. Never wanting to really hurt someone. In relation to the Spider-Man comment.
With Mangog, he has no such problem, and he has no restrictions. Whether Spider-Man, or Mangog hits him, is also hardly relevant to the discussion.
What is though, is this:

Within seconds, Thor was a mud puddle, that couldn't fight back... so ya. Mangog, is fast.

Also, Mangog was able to intercept Thor's hammer when it was already traveling at his head.
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/2425/thor25014uc6.th.jpg

Thanks for backing me up here. As long as the Gladiator is able to do it and also since he has attempted this tactic before then it thus proves that it is in his character to try this. Thus Gladiator will speed blitz a throw in at super speed. And know that it is to the best of his ability to use his speed blitz. You of course realize what in-character means, don't you?

Also, Gladiator, has speedblitzed Thor. Masterson Thor... and it wasn't even really a speedblitz, more of a Quicksilver dash punch.
Now, going by your earlier statement, Spider-Man has hit Thor, correct of course.
Spider-Man though, has like Glads, blitzed a Masterson Thor (human turned God, not much experience, that whole deal).

Is it really that great of a feat, compared to a being of Mangog's capacity? Not really.

Hell, his forward travel speed, was intercepted by Wonder Man.
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3155/thor44508zw9.th.jpg

Which, oddly enough, also looks like his so-called "speedblitz".
*important to note, how he actually gets mounted by Masterson, right after the initial attack*
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2798/thor44514nt6.th.jpg http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9272/thor44516ro2.th.jpg

Now, if he tries that on Mangog, he's going out, and down for the count.

Also, all your explanations are fine and dandy, but what is obvious, is how you ignored the in-character portrayal of characters on the forum.
Either way, if Gladiator blitzes in every fight, it still doesn't make him capable of taking out Mangog.

Another important note, which I won't rub in Glad's face with scans, was that after Thor was able to stun him, he actually had Gladiator not able to fight back, through attacks (which are far slower than Mangog's) from his fists, and hammer. He then took him down, and had to be stopped, so he wouldn't kill him.

"a lot" is insignificant. All it takes is once to show that it is in a character's personality. And Gladiator has speed blitzed more than once. Twice? Out of a 30 or so year history...

Plus, I've already showed how irrelevant that is, so I fail to see why it is clung to, so dearly.

Plus, a speedblitz by Glads, even if it worked, would hardly do anything anyway.
The only hope Glads has, is throwing him, which, a little bit of contact Thor connected on Mangog, had him knocked out, so... ya.

Also, if Glads tried to speedblitz, he would risk getting hit, and since he can't damage Mangog really, the risk becomes all that much more deadly. Now, this is of course, ignoring how fast Mangog can deliver a finishing blow, but even with normal speed, it's not like Glads has delivered a Superman-esk, or Spider-Man-esk blitz. He never dodged, he just went in head first and punched.
Which, will most likely end up with him getting his head merging with the ground.

Tyrant
Nevermind...
Double post...
Meh, might as well post something.

What happens if Mangog encases Gladiator into amber?
http://img218.imageshack.us/img218/1966/thor19513yi1.th.jpg

h1a8
The thing is, a punch or in this case a hammer, only delivers about a second or less of contact.

A grab, and a throw delivers more, which if he tried, would make him very capable of being KO'ed.
And, if Thor can't effect Mangog, then Glads is doing nothing with a punch.

Ignore the proof if you want, I really don't care.

Um... Thanos controls more energy than him though, so that's nothing...
Also, Iron Man is more durable than Thanos too according to Marvel...

Ya know, not everything is based off of running/travel speed. Otherwise, Surfer would be one of the toughest opponents in the forum, and not even Glads with all his flaunted speed would hit him.

Now, the thing is, Mangog's reaction/punching speed has proven to be dangerous. If Recorder can't follow his punches, then Glads is going to have a hell of a time dealing with it, if he gets close.

Also, Thor has outright said, that he takes it easy on people he fights. Never wanting to really hurt someone. In relation to the Spider-Man comment.
With Mangog, he has no such problem, and he has no restrictions. Whether Spider-Man, or Mangog hits him, is also hardly relevant to the discussion.
What is though, is this:

Within seconds, Thor was a mud puddle, that couldn't fight back... so ya. Mangog, is fast.

Also, Mangog was able to intercept Thor's hammer when it was already traveling at his head.
http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/2425/thor25014uc6.th.jpg

You of course realize what in-character means, don't you?

Also, Gladiator, has speedblitzed Thor. Masterson Thor... and it wasn't even really a speedblitz, more of a Quicksilver dash punch.
Now, going by your earlier statement, Spider-Man has hit Thor, correct of course.
Spider-Man though, has like Glads, blitzed a Masterson Thor (human turned God, not much experience, that whole deal).

Is it really that great of a feat, compared to a being of Mangog's capacity? Not really.

Hell, his forward travel speed, was intercepted by Wonder Man.
http://img236.imageshack.us/img236/3155/thor44508zw9.th.jpg

Which, oddly enough, also looks like his so-called "speedblitz".
*important to note, how he actually gets mounted by Masterson, right after the initial attack*
http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/2798/thor44514nt6.th.jpg http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/9272/thor44516ro2.th.jpg

Now, if he tries that on Mangog, he's going out, and down for the count.

Also, all your explanations are fine and dandy, but what is obvious, is how you ignored the in-character portrayal of characters on the forum.
Either way, if Gladiator blitzes in every fight, it still doesn't make him capable of taking out Mangog.

Another important note, which I won't rub in Glad's face with scans, was that after Thor was able to stun him, he actually had Gladiator not able to fight back, through attacks (which are far slower than Mangog's) from his fists, and hammer. He then took him down, and had to be stopped, so he wouldn't kill him.

Twice? Out of a 30 or so year history...

Plus, I've already showed how irrelevant that is, so I fail to see why it is clung to, so dearly.

Plus, a speedblitz by Glads, even if it worked, would hardly do anything anyway.
The only hope Glads has, is throwing him, which, a little bit of contact Thor connected on Mangog, had him knocked out, so... ya.

Also, if Glads tried to speedblitz, he would risk getting hit, and since he can't damage Mangog really, the risk becomes all that much more deadly. Now, this is of course, ignoring how fast Mangog can deliver a finishing blow, but even with normal speed, it's not like Glads has delivered a Superman-esk, or Spider-Man-esk blitz. He never dodged, he just went in head first and punched.
Which, will most likely end up with him getting his head merging with the ground.

You've done well Tyrant!
That was all I wanted which was proof on Mangog's speed.
Many of my posts were 'hint hint' show me Mangog's speed so that
I can say he wins.
So now, I agree that Mangog wins this.

But a couple of things that bother me of what you said and showed.
First, there are such things as low and high showings in comics.
And many of the low showings is considered PIS by definition. So never use low showings as proof if there exists high ones that contradict. For example, one can either lift x tons, more than x tons, or less than x tons.
And not all since each option contradicts the others.

Second, you miss understood me. I said slower enemies hit Spider-man too. And not that Spider-man hit Thor (which he did though). That was to say that then it is feasible for Mangog to hit Thor in a comic if Mangog is slow. But since you showed his speed and reflexes then I agree that Mangog is probably fast enough to prevent a BFR tactic from Glads.

And note, this is to add to what you said and not disagree with you:

I believe traveling speed is not fighting speed. Many can travel FTL but it takes them time to reach such speeds. Surfer has shown on panel that it takes him several moments (if seconds) to accelerate FTL in hyperspace.
Thor was also shown to be accelerating (before whirling the hammer to sufficient speed first) past light speed himself (and not reaching FTL speed instaneously). The conclusion is that Gladiator and some others only fight at supersonic speed (at best). This is mainly because they don't have enough room and time to accelerate light speed or beyond in the battle.

Their reflexes alone would have to be FTL if they did achieve that speed in battle. And traveling FTL through outer space doesn't require FTL reflexes (But many here think so). But traveling short distances at FTL does. So since Glad has never shown FTL reflexes then he very well could not fight at FTL speeds even if he can attain them in a fight (in which he can't).
For mere humans in comics have manually guided spaceships traveling FTL. And also human jet fighters don't have faster than bullet reflexes even though they can manually guide the faster than bullet jet.
Distance and time is all that is required and not speed alone.

guy222
mangog

CPT Space Bomb
1) Thor can't even beat Mangog, so how the hell is Gladiator going to be able to?
2) Gladiator is a VERY cheap knock-off of Superman. Gladiator should wipe Supes a$$ when he's done poopin'! laughing Gladiator can't even hold a candle up to what Superman has done. wink Thor has beaten Mangog. He stuck Mjolnir inside his mouth and fried him with an Anti-force blast for the ko. Also, Rune Lord Thor effortlessly defeated him. But classic Thor usually does strugglw with him.

That said, Gladiator doesn't have that ability, and so he loses.

guy222
kallark loses

rotiart
mangod... I mean mangog... Ohhh 9/10
Gladiator has never fought mangog before.
Blasts? Anti force did nothing to his hide
Punches... Hell thors hammer did shite
Bfr speed blitz:.. Maybe... But that's why kallark only gets 1:10

quanchi112
Mangog wins.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.