The ENTIRE Avengers vs. The ENTIRE JLA

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Avengers:
Luke Cage
Captain America
Iron Man
Spider-man
Spider-woman
Wolverine
Ant-Man
Beast
Black Knight
Black Panther
Black Widow
Captain Britain
Crystal
Darkhawk
Demolition Man
Doctor Druid
Falcon
Firebird
Firestar
Gilgamesh
Hawkeye
Hellcat
Hercules
Hulk
Human Torch
Invisible Woman
Iron Man
Jack of Hearts
Justice
Living Lightning
Machine Man
Mr. Fantastic
Mockingbird
Moon Knight
Moondragon
Photon
Quasar
Quicksilver
Rage
Sandman
Scarlet Witch (Not the "I'm the most powerful person in the world version"wink
Sersi
She-Hulk
Silverclaw
Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)
Starfox
Sub-Mariner (Namor)
Swordsman
Thing
Thor
Thunderstrike
Tigra
Triathlon
Two-Gun Kid
USAgent
Vision
War Machine
Warbird
Wasp
Wonder Man
Yellowjacket
Aleta
Moira Brandon
Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
Charlie-27
Deathcry
Jocasta
Rick Jones
Magdalene
Marrina
Martinex
Masque
Nikki
Starhawk
Swordsman
Vance Astro
Whizzer
Yondu

JLA:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Martian Manhunter
Power Girl
Plastic Man
Aqua Man
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Red Tornado
Dr. Fate
Superboy
Supergirl
Captain Marvel (Shazam!)
Mr. Terrific
Green Arrow
Captain Atom
Black Canary
Phantom Stranger
Elongated Man
Zatanna
Firestorm
Steel
Vixen
Gypsy
Vibe
Blue Beetle
Mister Miracle
Booster Gold
Fire
Ice
Doctor Light
Rocket Red
Huntress
Lightray
Orion
General Glory
Bloodwynd
Maxima
Maya
Animal Man
Metamorpho
Crimson Fox
Blue Jay
Major Disaster
Major Force
Multi-Man
Big Sir
Cluemaster
Clock King
Mighty Bruce
Scarlet Skier
Nuklon
Tomorrow Woman
Aztek
Oracle Zauriel
Big Barda
Hourman
Big Barda
Nightwing
Batgirl
Robin
Jason Blood
Faith
Raven
Starman
Starfire
Cyborg
Despero

Who wins? No prep.

Juntai
Team DC I think.
Seems to have a lot more heavy hitters.

Superherovandal
theres too many people to say. you got to make them into smaller teams. but now that i look at JLA wins due to the fact they have Phantom Stranger.

dman2008
Yep Phantom Stranger is the decideing factor
The avengers have no one who can match his power
This thread will probably be closed though

batdude123
Originally posted by dman2008
Yep Phantom Stranger is the decideing factor
The avengers have no one who can match his power
This thread will probably be closed though

And I spent all this time typing. sad

crucifixio
if u didnt dumb down Scarlet Witchs power Id give it to team Marvel...u gotta make smaller teams though

Crease
DC.

Juntai
He's one of the big contributors for sure, but there's just a plain a whole lot of heavy hitters on that team.
Dr Light.
Major Disaster.
GL.
Superman.
Metamorpho
Dr Fate.
on and on the list goes.

But yeah, Phantom Stranger is probably the strongest dude on either team.

Darth Kal-El
JLA wins. Not easily but they'll win.

crucifixio
I thought phantom stranger is not allowed total use of his godly powers by some mysterious force governing him...which is y he pretty much just doesnt end each conflict b4 it begins

Juntai
Originally posted by crucifixio
I thought phantom stranger is not allowed total use of his godly powers by some mysterious force governing him...which is y he pretty much just doesnt end each conflict b4 it begins I always thought of it more as a code of non-interference, similar to the Guardians of the Universe, or pretty much anyone near his level in DC. He leads heros to victory without doing it for them completely, kinda like Spectre does a lot in the giant crossovers.
Would this hold true when he's bloodlusted in a forum fight?
Probably not.

Scoobless
I don't know much about Phantom Stranger... but doesn't Captain Britain wield Excalibur which gives him the power to alter reality whenever he wants?

crucifixio
Originally posted by Scoobless
I don't know much about Phantom Stranger... but doesn't Captain Britain wield Excalibur which gives him the power to alter reality whenever he wants?

hogwash, I've never heard of such a thing

Thunderstrike
Actually, it's true. Also, even without her ability to alter the entire world, Scarlet Witch can still nullify powers, or alter probability enough for Marvel to pull out this one.

Scoobless
Originally posted by crucifixio
hogwash, I've never heard of such a thing

You have now:

"Weapons: Captain Britain wields Excalibur, the Sword of Might, forged in the fires of creation and tempered by the power of the universe. United with the Amulet of Right, Excalibur possesses the capacity to remake the cosmos. Both talismans of power formerly belonged to the god-wizard Merlin."

http://www.marveldirectory.com/individuals/c/captainbritain.htm

Superherovandal
Yeah but i doubt either of them could do anything to PS.

Thunderstrike
Uh, read the words remake the cosmos again.

batdude123
^ ONE people in this fight would not make the slightest bit of difference out of the 150+ characters I have in the fight.

Thunderstrike
If every powerhouse gets their powers stripped from them, yeah, it would.

Superherovandal
yeah but PS is at the level of Shazam, Highfather, Ganthet, and Zeus. I doubt they would be able to do anything to him.

crucifixio
Well I'll be, their u have it.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Superherovandal
yeah but PS is at the level of Shazam, Highfather, Ganthet, and Zeus. I doubt they would be able to do anything to him.

That doesn't really matter when his powers are gone.

batdude123
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
If every powerhouse gets their powers stripped from them, yeah, it would.

The REGULAR Scarlet Witch isn't that powerful. wink I bet you don't know HALF of the JLA members powers that I have posted.

Thunderstrike
Actually, I do know them, and you obviously don't know what the Scarlet Witch can do! A person who can manipulate probability on your side means that you don't have much of a hope of winning!

Scoobless

Luckily enough, Mr Fantastic carried his "Anti-Phantom-Stranger" gun into this fight

stick out tongue

Superherovandal
you really think that SW would be able to take away the powers of one of the Quintessence?

batdude123
Actually, I do know them, and you obviously don't know what the Scarlet Witch can do! A person who can manipulate probability on your side means that you don't have much of a hope of winning!

Ok then, tell me what Blue Beetle can do? And don't go looking at Wikipedia or any of that junk. Just a plain honest answer. I understand Scarlet Witch's powers perfectly, she doesn't possess the necessary power to strip all of the 60+ UBER powerful members of their power. Show me the highest end feat of Scarlet Witch's power when she was normal and not the "I'm the most powerful person in the world version."

Psyquis52
78 to 71

Marvel outnumbers DC but DC puts every ridiculous powerhouse in their entire universe on their team whereas some of Marvel's popular heavy hitters are missing. (i.e. Silver Surfer)

Sides, you only have one GL there and if this is the entire Avengers vs the entire JLA that means we also have Kyle, Jon, and Guy to worry about in addition to Hal. I understand why you didn't include them but it doesn't matter. JLA is flat out too powerful.

batdude123
you really think that SW would be able to take away the powers of one of the Quintessence?

I hope not! She seems to always have trouble dealing with the X-Men when she's a member of the Brotherhood let alone this extremely uber powerful JLA team. Altering probability doesn't even mean that what she wants to happen will happen. She ALTERS probability. She doesn't COMMAND it. He just likes Marvel better and he wanted to think of a quick and easy way for them to win without actually thinking about it. No offense Thunderstrike, but that's what it sounds like.

Thunderstrike
1. Wanda's hex abilities are nearly limitless, basically to what she herself wants to do with them. Her powers are basically a deus ex machina at her command.
2. Depends on which Beetle.

Juntai
1. Wanda's hex abilities are nearly limitless, basically to what she herself wants to do with them. Her powers are basically a deus ex machina at her command.

Basically like every other mage in existance.

Like Zatanna for example, who simply says anything backwards and it happens.

But could Zatanna, or Wanda force their power over Phantom Stranger? Or the group entirely? Probably not.
He's vastly more powerful and more knowledged than both of them. And they are very numbered, powerful and crafty.

batdude123
2. Depends on which Beetle.

Ted Kord./ Scarlet Witch plain and simple doesn't possess the necessary power to strip all of the most powerful JLA members. Maybe the "I'm the most powerful version in the world" could, but definitely not a normal non-plot device Scarlet Witch.

batdude123
Originally posted by Psyquis52
78 to 71

Marvel outnumbers DC but DC puts every ridiculous powerhouse in their entire universe on their team whereas some of Marvel's popular heavy hitters are missing. (i.e. Silver Surfer)

Sides, you only have one GL there and if this is the entire Avengers vs the entire JLA that means we also have Kyle, Jon, and Guy to worry about in addition to Hal. I understand why you didn't include them but it doesn't matter. JLA is flat out too powerful.

Yeah, you understand I didn't want to make it a curbstomp. wink

Thunderstrike
Ted Kord was more of an inventor than anything. Either way, Marvel has the trump card of Excalibur, and Wanda's reality altering and Hex magic.

Here's my question? Why on earth did you start this thread unless you just wanted to prove to everyone that DC has a bunch of uber characters?

batdude123
Ted Kord was more of an inventor than anything. Either way, Marvel has the trump card of Excalibur, and Wanda's reality altering and Hex magic.

Here's my question? Why on earth did you start this thread unless you just wanted to prove to everyone that DC has a bunch of uber characters?

Because:

1) I find that it's pretty close and it would be a tough battle.
2) I was curious as to what other people thought.

The fight would not depend on 2 people. It would be a combined effort with only a couple of people standing in the end. Just saying that Scarlet Witch's powers would trump everyone else's powers is (I'm sorry to say) ignorant. Like Juntai said before, Zatanna basically has the same power as Scarlet Witch. She can say something backwards and make something happen. Scarlet Witch can only ALTER probablity, she can't COMMAND it. What she wants to happen isn't even necessarily going to happen anyway regardless of if it would trump their powers or not. Scarlet Witch is definitely not the deciding factor in this fight. By your logic, the NORMAL Scarlet Witch could remove Galactus's powers from him and I find that quite laughable.

Thunderstrike
There are limits, but even if you're basically taking her reality altering abilities away, which is HALF OF HER ABILITIES, then this is just bunk. This just looks more like a way to say DC is better than Marvel, which is just dumb.

batdude123
There are limits, but even if you're basically taking her reality altering abilities away, which is HALF OF HER ABILITIES, then this is just bunk. This just looks more like a way to say DC is better than Marvel, which is just dumb.

I'm not saying that at all. no I'm just saying that this is the NORMAL version of Scarlet Witch. She is still a factor in the fight, just not as big as you were making her out to be. IMO, this would be a LONG and hard fought battle.

Thunderstrike
Well, I would definately say Excalibur is the ace in the sleeve. I think Marvel could pull this out with the numbers they have, and having luck on your side is a great weapon to have. I noticed you made it no prep though, mostly because most of the time the Avengers have more mind power than they do muscle.

batdude123
Well, I would definately say Excalibur is the ace in the sleeve. I think Marvel could pull this out with the numbers they have, and having luck on your side is a great weapon to have. I noticed you made it no prep though, mostly because most of the time the Avengers have more mind power than they do muscle.

I agree that the Avengers have their advantages as well as the JLA. This is a pretty close battle.

Scoobless
Is there any prep time at all? 10 minutes to get ready? anything?

Psyquis52
I do believe that Marvel has some fine edges here and there. I think Reed Richards is a better inventor and a greater mind than DC possesses. I think Captain America is a better leader than anyone in DC. I think that with a little luck the Avengers might win, but JlA is going to take this due to their unnecassarily strong characters 7/10.

batdude123
Originally posted by Scoobless
Is there any prep time at all? 10 minutes to get ready? anything?

No prep time at all. Besides, I doubt 10 minutes would do anything anyway.

Scoobless
Originally posted by batdude123
No prep time at all. Besides, I doubt 10 minutes would do anything anyway.

That's why you're not leading the Avengers

stick out tongue

10 minutes is enough for a brief conversation and splitting characters into groups

Tony Stark
Originally posted by batdude123
Avengers:
Luke Cage
Captain America
Iron Man
Spider-man
Spider-woman
Wolverine
Ant-Man
Beast
Black Knight
Black Panther
Black Widow
Captain Britain
Crystal
Darkhawk
Demolition Man
Doctor Druid
Falcon
Firebird
Firestar
Gilgamesh
Hawkeye
Hellcat
Hercules
Hulk
Human Torch
Invisible Woman
Iron Man
Jack of Hearts
Justice
Living Lightning
Machine Man
Mr. Fantastic
Mockingbird
Moon Knight
Moondragon
Photon
Quasar
Quicksilver
Rage
Sandman
Scarlet Witch (Not the "I'm the most powerful person in the world version"wink
Sersi
She-Hulk
Silverclaw
Spider-Woman (Julia Carpenter)
Starfox
Sub-Mariner (Namor)
Swordsman
Thing
Thor
Thunderstrike
Tigra
Triathlon
Two-Gun Kid
USAgent
Vision
War Machine
Warbird
Wasp
Wonder Man
Yellowjacket
Aleta
Moira Brandon
Captain Marvel (Mar-Vell)
Charlie-27
Deathcry
Jocasta
Rick Jones
Magdalene
Marrina
Martinex
Masque
Nikki
Starhawk
Swordsman
Vance Astro
Whizzer
Yondu

JLA:
Superman
Batman
Wonder Woman
Flash
Green Lantern (Hal Jordan)
Martian Manhunter
Power Girl
Plastic Man
Aqua Man
Hawkman
Hawkgirl
Red Tornado
Dr. Fate
Superboy
Supergirl
Captain Marvel (Shazam!)
Mr. Terrific
Green Arrow
Captain Atom
Black Canary
Phantom Stranger
Elongated Man
Zatanna
Firestorm
Steel
Vixen
Gypsy
Vibe
Blue Beetle
Mister Miracle
Booster Gold
Fire
Ice
Doctor Light
Rocket Red
Huntress
Lightray
Orion
General Glory
Bloodwynd
Maxima
Maya
Animal Man
Metamorpho
Crimson Fox
Blue Jay
Major Disaster
Major Force
Multi-Man
Big Sir
Cluemaster
Clock King
Mighty Bruce
Scarlet Skier
Nuklon
Tomorrow Woman
Aztek
Oracle Zauriel
Big Barda
Hourman
Big Barda
Nightwing
Batgirl
Robin
Jason Blood
Faith
Raven
Starman
Starfire
Cyborg
Despero

Who wins? No prep.

confused

Eh...huh...huh...

What about Bob?

Scoobless
Originally posted by Tony Stark
confused

Eh...huh...huh...

What about Bob?

He left out Rick Jones as well.... though that would have been overkill

batdude123
Originally posted by Psyquis52
I do believe that Marvel has some fine edges here and there. I think Reed Richards is a better inventor and a greater mind than DC possesses. I think Captain America is a better leader than anyone in DC. I think that with a little luck the Avengers might win, but JlA is going to take this due to their unnecassarily strong characters 7/10.

The Avengers also have their share of uber powerful characters like Captain Britain, Quasar, Vision, Scarlet Witch, Thor, Crystal, Firebird, Invisible Woman, Human Torch, Justice, Living Lightning, Photon, etc...

Superherovandal
tell me what could any of them do to defeat PS?

batdude123

What would happen if I took Phantom Stranger out of the fight? Would it be more even?

Scoobless

Kick him in the balls..... really, really hard

Superherovandal
yeah cause that will work on a diety with powers on the level of those of Ganthet.

batdude123
What if I replaced the Phantom Stranger with Antaeus?

Superherovandal
you should also take away excalibur from cap britain. and add about 6 more characters to the JLA to even the numbers

Scoobless
yeah cause that will work on a diety with powers on the level of those of Ganthet.

Ganthet's a wimp.... one good, hard kick in the balls and he'll be rolling on the ground crying for his mother

batdude123
you should also take away excalibur from cap britain. and add about 6 more characters to the JLA to even the numbers

First of all, I never said Captain Britain actually had the excalibur for this fight, and second of all, wouldn't that just be overkill if I added six or seven more characters to the JLA?

Superherovandal
no actually without PS its either kinda even or slightly in Marvel's favor.

spideycarnage
With all the PIS involved in this fight, the universe will be ripped apart.

Sixth_Winged
Is PS a member of the JLA even in Post-crisis?

the Darkone
Phantom stranger wouldn't fight unless it's involves earth being in serious danger. Avengers will win barely,they would pull out a win, their would be a handful of avengers and jla left over and superman wouldn't be one of them.

Thunderstrike
The first thing Cap says during the fight: Kill the ape with the big yellow S!

CaptainStoic
I'm not touching this one, debating a one on one match is hard enough can you imagine. Plus you seem to have left out Sentry in the Avengers roster

batdude123
Fine, Sentry AND Phantom Stranger are both getting added to the fight.

King KAM
avengers wins because of this guy.....

illadelph12
I was thinking the same thing.

Genis ain't nobody to f*ck with.

Thunderstrike
Yeah, Genis is awesome.

batdude123
They've got Mar-Vell instead.

AJ4LIFE
im surprised this havnet got closed to many people

batdude123
^ It brings up good questions and good arguements. wink

AJ4LIFE
why thank u dude u to
lol

Scoobless
One of you change your Avatar.... it's just annoying

AJ4LIFE
im not changeing it
but sometimes i see him posting somthing and i think its me lol
hes changeing not me

batdude123
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
im not changeing it
but sometimes i see him posting somthing and i think its me lol
hes changeing not me

You're right, out of fairness I'll change my Avatar because you had yours first. big grin

batdude123
Originally posted by AJ4LIFE
why thank u dude u to
lol

No, what I ment was those are the reasons that this hasn't got closed down yet.

AJ4LIFE
why thank u dude
wat u ona bout

batman2505
the jla would woop the avengers ass anytime anywhere just cuz they got batman cool

superman41082
JLA. Just too much for The Avengers in this case. Team DC has lots of heavy hitters, while The Avengers have only a few...........

zachrivard
flash and superman would take out half of the avengers in the first second if not all of them

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.