Crysis

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
This game looks like it'll be pretty badass!

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/index.html

http://www.gamespot.com/pc/action/crysis/screenindex.html

BackFire
Best looking game I've ever seen, there are some videos out showing footage, just mind blowing.

MadMel
looks good

RedAlertv2
Yeah I saw a preview and it looks incredible. Its made by the developers of Far Cry, so chances are the graphics will be totally over the top.

H. S. 6
Looks awesome. I was reading about it in GameInformer, and... damn... droolio

SaTsuJiN
I must say... the visuals have peaked my interest.. I hope the gameplay is up to par smile

BackFire
Creators of Farcry, which was one of the biggest and most pleasant surprises of the last few years. I'd be willing to bet money that Crysis will be just as enjoyable, if not moreso.

IcePunk
to me this is kinda old news but it's still one hell of a cool looking game

SnakeEyes
I'm definitely gonna buy it cool

Koala MeatPie

SnakeEyes
Hell yeah!

I'm still pumped for this game.

... I just hope my PC can run it.

Smasandian
I'm thinking of waiting for Direct X10 videocard before I buy this.

NinthSith
This link here has some high res video's,Very impressive I must say.Better then anything Ive seen yet.

http://incrysis.com/crysis/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=13&Itemid=27

K73SK
is it comming on 360?

NinthSith
The developer's have hinted in an interview that it may be ported to Xbox-360 and PS3 but will have to be dumbed down a bit due to PC's being more powerful by the time of release.

And to the PC gamer's I'd wait about 2 month's for prices to drop an DX-10 video card's.They might be a bit pricy when they first come out and considering the lack of DX-10 games at the moment it's better to wait.

K73SK
Originally posted by NinthSith
The developer's have hinted in an interview that it may be ported to Xbox-360 and PS3 but will have to be dumbed down a bit due to PC's being more powerful by the time of release.

And to the PC gamer's I'd wait about 2 month's for prices to drop an DX-10 video card's.They might be a bit pricy when they first come out and considering the lack of DX-10 games at the moment it's better to wait.

yea i figured itd have to be dumbed down, seing those graphics. i saw the requirements though, and well...on the recommended, it sounded close to like the 360, which is kind of why i didn't understand them having to dumb it down just for the 360.

could be the DX requirement....

K73SK
http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/755/755903p1.html

Pulse2
EA just fired at rumours saying they have no intentions to port Crysis to any consoles, and thank goodness for that cos none deserve this beauty ^^ This is about the only FPS I am interested in at the moment.

IceJaw
What about PS3?

Smasandian
Sooner or later it will be ported, just like they did with Far Cry. How many are they're on the consoles?

IceJaw
Too many IMO.

I don't like the weapons design in this game.

Pulse2
It might get ported, but the chances of it remotly comparing to the PC version in any form or manner is slim, very slim.

BackFire
It wouldn't look as good, but it could come very close, case in point, Gears of War.

K73SK
Originally posted by BackFire
It wouldn't look as good, but it could come very close, case in point, Gears of War.

Smasandian
Even if it did look like GoW, that's still pretty amazing.

And remember, to make Crysis look that good, you'll need Vista, Direct 10 videocard, and atleast Intel Core Duo, probalby even Intel Quadro. So, on a regular computer the graphics will still be great, but not as good as what is being shown.

Pulse2
Lots of people I know are dumping the old and replacing with the new, comps that is, so the change of comp shouldn't be too bad, my soon to be bought laptop will be Vista ready and also Crysis ready wink Gears of war looks great, but this game isn't all about shiny graphics, everything according to epic is destructable, so I can see this game drinking harddrive space to remember what was damaged and what wasn't.

Not only that, the game is meant to be massive, and gameplay is vastly different, AI is intelligent beyond belief etc etc. These are all just the details I've heard, and while the consoles may look okay graphically with this game, my opinion, they still won't be able to handle it. But if the likes of Halo 3 and Killzone 2 proove me and EA wrong, then maybe, just maybe this game may feature on them, until then, it remains a PC exclusive ^^ Just how I like it :P

Smasandian
Still, even when they're buying new computers, its very unlikely the majority of people will be able afford a computer that can play this game at its highest settings.

Last months PC Gamer has a quadro chip, with the newest hardware, and its around $6,000 US. That's a pretty steep price.

Why wont console not be able to hold a game like Crysis? You said it yourself, the graphics dont really mean much to you, but the game is massive, gameplay vastly different (highly doubt this game will have gameplay that is so different than other FPS) and AI.

All that stuff can be handle by an console. They are built with multiple cores which are extremely useful for AI. The only difference is that the game will look worst than the PC version. But sooner or later, they will bring it over.

Epic is not making this game, its Crytek, completely different company.

To me, Crysis looks like an fantastic shooter with absouletly drop dead graphics, a great SP game, probalby MP too, and a story that seems to be interseting. But I'm not seeing anything competely new and innovating.

Pulse2
We'll put this next to Killzone 2 PS3's so called amazing shooter and Halo 3 360 notorious shooter when it releases and then we'll re-vist this topic and discuss the reasons why it won't port to the consoles. Besides, how are you going to get the same experience from a console you can from a PC? messed PC has always dominated in the FPS department, best for playing FPS on smile The ease of shooting and moving.

Sorry mentioned Epic by mistake, I meant EA, I know Crytek are the devs but it was EA that gave us the info on the game. Besides, like people say these days, who wants to play a dubbed down port? Isn't that the argument with PS3 and 360 and the two with Wii as well as PS2 and PSP. Ports usually suck and are rarely better then the original :P

H. S. 6
Game just got delayed to an unknown date.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Pulse2
We'll put this next to Killzone 2 PS3's so called amazing shooter and Halo 3 360 notorious shooter when it releases and then we'll re-vist this topic and discuss the reasons why it won't port to the consoles. Besides, how are you going to get the same experience from a console you can from a PC? messed PC has always dominated in the FPS department, best for playing FPS on smile The ease of shooting and moving.

Sorry mentioned Epic by mistake, I meant EA, I know Crytek are the devs but it was EA that gave us the info on the game. Besides, like people say these days, who wants to play a dubbed down port? Isn't that the argument with PS3 and 360 and the two with Wii as well as PS2 and PSP. Ports usually suck and are rarely better then the original :P

It doesnt matter if you dont want to play a dumbed down version on an console.

All that matters if the company wants to or not. EA said they wont, but well, in a year later, they could change thier mind, especially if the game doesnt do sell well.

It also doesnt matter if the game will suck more on the consoles. The fact remains that its business.

The only difference between the PC version and the ported will be the graphics and how you control it, but that doesnt really matter either because they're people who rather play an console FPS over PC FPS.

If Valve can release HL2 on the original XBOX, and will release all they episodes on next-gen, whose to say nonbody else will do it.

Pulse2
Half Life 2 is capable of running on the consoles, its a Direct X 9 game messed

While some may prefer FPS on consoles, the numbers that prefer it on PC far outnumber. I doubt Crysis wil perform badly. The onlt possible way is if the game is part of the overhype train and ends up being crappy. Crysis is just another of the many incentives to get Vista installed or a new PC.

Smasandian
I think FPS's have more fans on the console considering Halo 2 is one of the highest selling game of all time.

But I do agree with you, PC FPS are great and much better than any console shooter, but they're is a ton of fans of console shooters just because its the more popular platform.

Crysis will be great, but I just dont think it will be groundbreaking for gameplay. Graphics, yes, but gameplay, I dont know.

Pulse2

Smasandian
Just to be a dick.

The fort thing is cool, but check out Source Forts...its very similiar..

Night and day cycle has been used in Joint Operations. and the whole idea matches last forever is cool, but is it going to fun? I dont mind having that, but what if you get sick of the map?

I didnt say that the game wouldnt have original ideas, but I dont think it will be ground breaking.

Pulse2
Might be, might not be, all we can do from this point is wait, its like all the FPS games coming out at the moment, Killzone 2, Halo 3 and Crysis all of which have been hyped to the point of no return. I expect good things out of these three titles, otherwise I'll be rather annoyed.

If Crysis is meant to be the Vista launch game, and the game to sell Vista, then it better be damn good, otherwise there won't be much reason to rush to get Vista for gamers except to enhance thier already existing games.

Smasandian
You want something groundbreaking, check out The Crossing.

NinthSith
Ive read on the official site's forum's that PC's that are 2-3 year's old will be able to play this game so it is DX-9 compatible.Although Cryteks's developer's mentioned that future game's developed by them will be DX-10 only.

Bicnarok
Ohh this looks good, I wonder if my 400 Mhz and tnt 2 will suffice.

Smasandian
Nice joke you had there. haha

Burning thought
Originally posted by Smasandian
I think FPS's have more fans on the console considering Halo 2 is one of the highest selling game of all time.

But I do agree with you, PC FPS are great and much better than any console shooter, but they're is a ton of fans of console shooters just because its the more popular platform.

Crysis will be great, but I just dont think it will be groundbreaking for gameplay. Graphics, yes, but gameplay, I dont know.

yeh this multiplayer feature will be awsome, you can capture special upgrade features from around the map and around crashed alien craft to gain upgrades for you veichles when you built them like freeze rays and singularity cannons..this sort of customisation and FPS/RTS feel to it will be awsome

NinthSith
The main reason this game would not be the same on a console is the "physics" .The physic's in this game are like nothing we have seen yet,then you add the size of the world which requires no zoning/loading and the DX-10 technology.But mostly it's the AI and the Physics that will make it near impossible to replicate,although a dumbed down version would be possible considering it is also DX-9 compatible.

Yes there are games like Gears Of War that look great, but you cant compare the two. Gears of War has your typical single player maps where you are basically playing in a box, you cant climb the mountain in the background and physics aren't even close to Crysis.In Crysis you can walk to practically anywhere you can see the map is huge.

Here are a few video's, these are pre alpha.

http://files.filefront.com/Crysis_Multiplayer_DX9_Movie/;7479657;/fileinfo.html

http://news.filefront.com/new-crysis-zero-gravity-video/

http://www.crysis-online.com/Media/Images/Screenshots/Village-01.jpg

after seeing this video there is no way 360 or PS3 could run this.
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/62449.html

This is just a hint of the future of DX10 , Crytek has stated that they took it easy with Crysis to make it compatible with DX-9 and today's PC's. They have stated that there next project is "DX-10 only" and is a whole level above Crysis.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/48750.html

Smasandian
Dont really care.

They would dumb it down a bit but Crysis could easily land on the consoles.

I want to play Crysis, but I'm not saying its going to be amazing. Gameplay hasnt been completely shown and Crytek could easily **** it up.

SaTsuJiN
wow I forgot about crysis... XD

this is most definitely a game I'm looking forward to.. but isn't release date next year?

NinthSith
I'm hoping it's Q1 of 2008 by then my current PC will be 4 year's old and I will be replacing it. Nvidia G9 video cards will be out by then and also Quad Core PC's will have come down in price by then. I'm 31 and have a solid job so spending the 2,200 i have saved up towards my next PC isn't a big deal every 4 year's. I can't wait to play all these beautiful DX-10 games coming out soon.

Swe_Bum
This is like Candy for my eyes! droolio
I must get it big grin

BlaxicanHydra
Sorry to say, but the game actually looks kind of boring.

Is there anything about it that sets it apart from other shoot em ups besides the large levels?

IceJaw
New trailer.

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/24070.html

Bicnarok

Smasandian
400Mhz, can you even run XP on that thing?

Heck, my videocard and RAM which are outdated have more speed than that.

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra

Is there anything about it that sets it apart from other shoot em ups besides the large levels?

xNIXSONx
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra

exactly, it just looks like every other FPS(except Halo 3 going to be another huge success and there's no beating that at all...).

Atleast BioShock set itself apart from some confused

Smasandian
I dont know about you, but that looks fun as hell from the trailer that Ice Jaw showed.

I love how you can do anything you want, or tackle the objectives any way you want. It's an island, so it isnt completely linear. Seeing how the Nanosuit is used, its looks totally badass.

The island setting isnt the only part in the game. The first part is the player attacking North Koreans, then aliens fall and they start freezing the world, so now your fighting in an frozen jungle and then you start attacking the aliens and they're ****ing huge and I think you go into zero G enviornment and start taking out aliens from there.

Not every game has to have some brand new mechanic and even Bioshock isnt unique in terms of gameplay, but it looks like this game just gets the whole FPS down pat and gives an incredible compelling shooter.

It's basically Far Cry 2, but that isnt a bad thing.

SaTsuJiN
Not to mention you didnt even touch down on the world physics

day / night

water roughness

collapsable structures

natural environments interact with the character

motion blur

as for the gameplay.. it revolves around suit enhancements like speed and power... and the weapons are modifiable I believe

http://www.crysisdemo.com/news.htm

Burning thought
brillaint game its going to be...thought Demo was coming out today 25th of sept....but nope delayed sad

Maestro
Hopefully they port this to 360 *keeps fingers crossed*

Smasandian
Demo is coming sometime in October.

This is the first game I'm getting when I buy my new computer.

Cant wait.

Smasandian
Just played the demo.

Without the new computer, the graphics were terrible but the gameplay was awesome.

It's a mix between Far Cry and something different. It's alot more storybound than Far Cry was with scripted events and atmosphere. One thing that made this game fun was the ability to change your nano augmentations. I had a ton of fun going superspeed, then cloaking and walking towards the hamlet, and then sneaking by the people (with them going "what the **** is that"wink and then popping them in the head, running away, cloaking again and attacking thier friends.

It was a blast. Totally felt like a badass. You can customize your weapon a bit, but the jungle play with the ability to cloak just makes it so fun.

It's going to be great and definitly worth the new computer. I dl'ed 6 games and out of all them, this game ran the smoothest.

eggmayo
No thanks. Played the demo, it's another example of this recent fad of graphics > gameplay. It's just not my thing.

It really did just seem like Far Cry with some extra features, mostly the ability to temporarily enhance your suit. I miss the days when games couldn't have all these massively impressive graphics, they concentrated all their force on making the game fun and last long, see: Quake 3, Unreal Tournament.

To me this just seems like another of those overhyped 'OMGLOL ITS DX10' games, just like Halo 2 and Bioshock; all of which work, and perform fine, without. Not worth it in my book, I'm not impressed.

Mišt
Downloaded a few multiplayer vids earlier and Im more impressed than I thought I would be. Not sure how single player looks, but as far as multiplayer goes, it looks as fun as Goldeneye. The motion blurring looks cool and the freeze gun thing looks like mad fun. Going to download the demo sometime, next month is a good month for gaming w00t

Burning thought
Originally posted by eggmayo
making the game fun and last long, see: Quake 3, Unreal Tournament.

bad examples imho, Quake 3 and UT are old mostly multiplayer only games...

and from the Demo of UT 3 and Quakewars which are their new ones the same mutliplayer over and over again type of gameplay will come back again it seems, i mean at least UT 3 has a singleplayer worth giving a look in and some decent vehicles. But Crysis effects, graphics and even the multiplayer are a plus, it seems people just moan just because their own graphics engines cant take the strain or they are Nostalja lovers, the gameplay in Crysis is not as comparable to Farcry as you seem to think...

Smasandian
Originally posted by eggmayo
No thanks. Played the demo, it's another example of this recent fad of graphics > gameplay. It's just not my thing.

It really did just seem like Far Cry with some extra features, mostly the ability to temporarily enhance your suit. I miss the days when games couldn't have all these massively impressive graphics, they concentrated all their force on making the game fun and last long, see: Quake 3, Unreal Tournament.

To me this just seems like another of those overhyped 'OMGLOL ITS DX10' games, just like Halo 2 and Bioshock; all of which work, and perform fine, without. Not worth it in my book, I'm not impressed.

I think your totally wrong.

It is like Far Cry, just like how Quake 3 was like Quake, or how Unreal Tournment was like Unreal.

Every sequel, or puesdo sequel is going to be roughly the same thing as the original, but the graphics, advanced AI, good storytelling and dynamic gameplay makes it better than Far Cry.

How can you possibly think that the game is short when its just a demo?

Going from the demo, I have high hopes that this game will be fun as a hell, especially considering the demo didnt show the non G enivornments, the ice levels and other alien SP parts.

Burning thought
i agree with Smasandian

the game has tonnes of effects that are fun gameplay elements that most other games (if any) have atm or near its release (which is soon woot!) and even things fairly simple to us like breaking up foliage is going to be an interesting new feature and the suit enhancemetns are a big plus imo for the gameplay as well.

the obvious extra boost is the cool alien environments and tech weapons of alien origin which are interesting

going onto multiplayer being able to customise vehicles with diffrent weapons depending on your tech as well as having copters, VOTLS, quantom tanks and even hover vehicles from the naval bases it looks a blast being able to play that way.

SaTsuJiN
Direct X10 allows for more immersion in the environment... the game still has way better gameplay and physics than most of the trash thats floating around

Smasandian
I love how I can customize my gun on the fly.

Need a flashlight for tight dark spots. Easy. Hit C and boom.

Need an silencer. Simple. Hit C and viola!
I also like how I can customize fallen enemy weapons. I just need an silencer for my sneaking.

The first time I played through the demo, I totally missed the enemy headquarters. Second time, I totally missed the second village by swimming through the lagoon and doing an beach assault. That ****ing boat ****ed me up.

The ability to cloak yourself on the fly and anytime you want just makes the game for me. In a funny sense, I felt like Predator from the movies because the ability felt more organic than the actually Alien Vs Predator games. I laughed outload when I hit cloak went prone and just sat there doing nothing while the enemy was walking by. Got up, uncloaked and took them by surpraise. Totally dynamic gameplay.

One thing I like and dislike at the same time is the difficulty level. I love how the enemies are hard to kill, but easy at the same time if you have the skill. The game portrays that your an kickass special op's guy and it should be like that. What I dont like is how the level of difficulty operates on how the game gives you advantages. For instance, the normal difficulty gives the enemy some sort of red colour to them and it totally takes away from the game of cat and mouse through the jungle. I wish there was an choice of having those advantages but still the same difficulty of normal if the hard level gets to hard. I do like how you have the option of the enemy speaking Korean. Tried it and I loved it. It's funny how having the enemy talk in its native language gives into the immersion of the game.

I cant wait. I want my new computer now. Thank god I waited so the new GeForce 8800 GT cards are coming out. At $259 in SLi mode is the same price as one 8800 GTX Ultra but much better performance. Cant wait.

Smasandian
PC Gamer gave it 98%.

" A graphical powerhouse; immersive, open-ended sandbox that encourages emergent gameplay; well-paced storyline; meticulously detailed; engrossing MP; included map editor"

" Alien enemy AI not as spectacular as North Korean AO; enemies can sometimes absorb too much damage; a few minor glitches"

Overall, "Destined to be a classic, Crysis is a creative and technological marvel that eclipses every other shooter released this year"

I havnt read the entire review, but I cant wait.

Morridini
North Korean AO? Were you supposed to write AI?

BackFire
I'd love to play this game, but I refuse until I can play it with a good computer. I tried the demo and I have to turn all the graphical goodies off on my computer, so I'll wait.

Morridini
There's a demo?
My computer is pretty good atm, gotta find it.

Smasandian
I'd love to play this game, but I refuse until I can play it with a good computer. I tried the demo and I have to turn all the graphical goodies off on my computer, so I'll wait.

Did you like the demo?

Even on low settings, it still looked decent enough but if I had to choose between the Source Engine and CryEngine 2 with my computer right now, I would choose Source.

But with a beefed up computer, CryEngine all the way.

Cant wait to play it.

Crytek is turning into the premier shooter developer.

BackFire
Yeah, the demo looked alright, but with this game that's not good enough. If I'm going to play it, I want it to be when I can have everything on and have it looking amazing.

Morridini
Wow lowed this download mirror for the demo: http://na.llnet.cdn.ea.com/u/demos/Crysis_SP_Demo.exe

currently DLing in 1.13MB/s, will test it later today.

Smasandian
Yeah, the demo looked alright, but with this game that's not good enough. If I'm going to play it, I want it to be when I can have everything on and have it looking amazing.

It's the graphics and the physics system.

My favourite part of the game is when you blow up the jamming device, instead of doing an preset animation of putting a bomb there like every other game, the game basically makes you figure out how to blow it.

I heard accounts of people driving a jeep beside it, shooting the gas can and boom.

I shot the innards of the system and kinda of shorted it out, and also threw a couple of grenades underneath.

A simple task like that and you can accomplish it anyway you want is kinda interesting.

Morridini
Hmm, so it's a nonlinear FPS?
That's a rare sight.

Smasandian
Well, no. It's still linear.

But its open ended. You still have the same cutscenes, and the same levels and scripted events whenever you play the game but the developer gives you a choice on how to play the game. You can easily sidestep entire villages if you want too.

Morridini
Well as far as FPS go, that seems pretty nonlinear. Usually there is one specific way to do this and that.

Smasandian
Well, thats called open ended gameplay.

It's still linear because you still have to get that point, you still have to kill that guy, or you still have to destory that tower.

Morridini
Ok I am too used to the concept of linear from science, so didn't think of it like that.

Smasandian
It's cool.

FistOfThe North
To me Crysis is currently the premier PC game so far. The gameplay seems promising and it looks fantastic. I wanted to get it but i don't think my PC's powerful enough for it.

I have a GeForce 6600 graphic card and Dx9. That may be able to push it but it won't due justice in the way Crysis deserves it.

That's why i'm gonna wait ill i until I get my ultimate tricked out PC gaming system I planning on getting. (Waiting for Geforce9's GPU)

This game should only be experienced only if you've got the juice to fully support it with all options turned up all the way to the max..That goes for any game actually.

Playing it any other way would be a waste.

Smasandian
6600 wouldnt even move the screen in my opinion.

I have ATI x1600 and I barely play on low settings.

I think the game is great without the high end graphics. Alot of the praise has been on the open ended and emergent gameplay, but having the graphics does immerse you in the game completely. So like most people, they're going to wait.

I wouldnt be surpraised if Crysis does not sell well at first but does extremely well next year, similiar to what happened with Half Life.

FistOfThe North
6600 wouldnt even move the screen in my opinion.

I have ATI x1600 and I barely play on low settings.

I think the game is great without the high end graphics. Alot of the praise has been on the open ended and emergent gameplay, but having the graphics does immerse you in the game completely. So like most people, they're going to wait.

I wouldnt be surpraised if Crysis does not sell well at first but does extremely well next year, similiar to what happened with Half Life.

You're probably right about my 6600 actually. Crysis just looks way to advanced. I'm not so sure it runs on dx9. But i think it does. But yeah, i'll get Crysis when i get my dream machine with dx10 and vista and a geforce9 chip, a intel quad-core chip, 10,000 rpm raptor HD, liquid cooling the whole 9 yards. wireless keyboards and wireless laser mouse. Extra AC power, High speed cable Internet. can't wait. There're a few games from the past couple of years that i'll get again for my new system. One of them being SW:EAW and Crysis the other.

Smasandian
It runs on XP, and it still looks better than any other game out there.

I played it on XP, it worked fine. The game looked like shit but it ran very smoothly.

Bloigen
I'm getting a GeForce 8800 Ultra graphics card at the weekend just so I can play this game, that's how damn awesome I think it's going to be.

Burning thought
Crysis looks crap on XP? sad

thats lame, Vista does not have that many games on it at the moment and takes up ram loads annoyingly which is a pain for just your explorer

does it not matter wat graphics card you use in your machine?

Smasandian
You misunderstood.

Crysis looks great on XP if you have the hardware.

I played it on my computer, it looked like shit but it ran really smoothly.

Burning thought
ah phew, okie thanks big grin glad i misunderstood

Smasandian
Yeah.

FistOfThe North
Crysis should be played with new GeForce 8800 GT, two of them, SLI mode to really experience it. A pentium Quad core processor and a 10,000 rpm 200bg hard drive would'nt hurt either.

Smasandian
I dont think you need Quad Core processor to fully experience the game.

Duo Core processor would work just as good.

HolyMoly
I played the Demo on high settings with this Computer:

MSI P35 Neo
E6850
Geforce 8800GTS 640mb
3GB PC 6400 Ram

It looks great and works very well.

Smasandian
I think people are over exaggerating the computer specs for this game.

For very high settings, yes, you probably wont be able to get a computer that plays it well enough to really enjoy it, or if you can its $6000 or more buck with incredible overclocking.

But alot of high end computer games for the past couple of years have dont this.

I remember Doom 3 came out and it had Ultra settings. Nobody could play it on those when it came out. I like the idea of a company that releases a game that has that option. It makes the game age better.

HolyMoly

Neo Darkhalen
???

What are you guys talking about?

HolyMoly
We're talking about the hardware requirements of Crysis.

Neo Darkhalen
Oh Ok, why don't we talk about the game?

HolyMoly
Ok

is in Crysis a Multiplayermode like in Call of Duty 4 and Battlefield2? Where you can achieve ranks and unlock new weapons?

Neo Darkhalen
I have not played this Crysis so I would not know.

Smasandian
No.

Crysis MP is just an MP without ranks.

Doesnt mean its fun.

Like I said before, alot of games with high end graphics have an option for best but most computers cant handle it. It's nothing surprising.

Neo Darkhalen
Fair point.

GahLakTus
I was suprised this game works at low for my nvidia geforce 6600GT. Still it ran pretty smoothly and even if its at low the graphics are still incredible

Smasandian
They did a pretty good job at downscaling the game.

My computer could run it but at a shitty low graphics.

I wonder how Crysis is doing in sales....I would think that it has slow sales until everybody upgrades thier computer.

It's one of those games that people want to see at high settings.

Smasandian
And I was right.

According to Joystiq, Crysis has around 86,000 sales in month of November and thats disappointing considering how well its done critically.

I wouldnt be surprised if Crysis gets a massive amount of sales in 2008-09 when people start upgrading their computers once again. I am in the month of January and it seems alot of people I know are about to upgrade because its in that cycle on where everybody starting to upgrade thier computers back in 2003-04 when Doom 3 and Half Life 2 was released.

And I dont know anybody who wants to play this game on medium settings. Everybody wants it on Ultra.

BackFire
Yep.

I'll probably be getting a new PC next year at some point, and with it, Crysis.

Smasandian
Yeah, I cant wait.

Hopefully, and I dont think this will happen, it doesnt turn into one of those games that you can barely find after release date because it didnt do so well at first. I hate when that happens.

Hopefully more people buy this game. I really like Crytek.

InnerRise
According to Joystiq, Crysis has around 86,000 sales in month of November and thats disappointing considering how well its done critically. Well it has been said that considering the hype, Crysis was a bit of a let down and has some gaming flaws that are hard to overlook.

Anata wa wakarimasu ka.....

Smasandian
Like what?

I was under the impression that Crysis was awesome. Got 90% in Gamerankings.

The only flaws was that the game was not as linear as people hoped and was disappointed with the ending because the first 10 hours are brilliant. But thats not to say that the ending was shit, it just wasnt as good as the first 10 hours but could easily be better than most games this year.

So who said it was a letdown?

InnerRise
Well the physics in the game seems to be off at times and the Enemies glitch and freeze in space and are rather dumb and the environment is too large for the enemies to navigate appropriately.

Smasandian
Is that it?

A couple of glitches and bad AI?

Even though the AI is brilliant. The demo, those guys are hard to fight against. The alien AI are not that smart but isnt the whole point? The Korean AI is again, brilliant.

The physics though are amazing. Check out the physics demo on Youtube, or read the reviews from critics stating the physics are extremely impressive, especially giving that they give into the whole emergent gameplay that happens alot in Crysis.

Burning thought
just got Crysis for christmas, iem telling ya its great, runs brilliant on medium settings, maybe people are trying to push their engine too much by making it run at high or very high, but i like my medium settings, runs smooth as a babys bottom and looks brilliant still...

the only glitch is a tiny one, where for some reason it created a double of my arms, so i had two pairs of hands each holding a gun (didnt do double dmg tho sad )

but yeh love it, the koreans are smart, no way are they dumb, act like real people sometimes, and they run off shooting where i was fireing from, then when i go invisible they dont automatically like bad A.I track me randomly, like a real human they search the area i fire from, and maybe shoot or throw grenades while ime sneaking up the rear

its awsome tho, got me rockets and snipes, all good fun smokin'

Smasandian
That's pretty much what I heared about it.

I'm getting this game with COD4 tomorrow with a trade in, plus 20 bucks from a previous gift that I exchanged and EB has it 39.00 so basically getting two amazing games that were just released for the price of 1, instead of paying 100 bucks.

Awesome. Just need that new computer.

What type of system do you have?

SaTsuJiN
I just dont like how in multiplayer the character steps too hard

I'll be trynna sneak up on my friend in cloak and my character will be like... crunch!..crunch!... (or stomp stomp, if the floor is concrete)

is there a walk button that I'm unaware of? XD

Burning thought
That's pretty much what I heared about it.

I'm getting this game with COD4 tomorrow with a trade in, plus 20 bucks from a previous gift that I exchanged and EB has it 39.00 so basically getting two amazing games that were just released for the price of 1, instead of paying 100 bucks.

Awesome. Just need that new computer.

What type of system do you have?

not too crazy of a system, only duel core (cant remember the full name of it but its Duel core processoer), i have 8600 Geforce, which is a nice graphics card for its price, cant rememebr the price but it didnt bankrupt me, but overall, it works crysis like a dream, no lag at all, even in large firefights

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
I just dont like how in multiplayer the character steps too hard

I'll be trynna sneak up on my friend in cloak and my character will be like... crunch!..crunch!... (or stomp stomp, if the floor is concrete)

is there a walk button that I'm unaware of? XD

hmm, well if you want you can crouch/crawl, i know thats fairly silent, walking normally is not the best way to be stealthed, altho i dont really notice it loud myself since ive not played Multplayer yet, ime in the jungle in singeplayer most of the time,sniping, and the AI doesnt seem to hear me much.

Burning thought
edit

Smasandian
So your system isnt crazy.

That's good because my system is hopefully going to be top of the line.

SnakeEyes
My PC is definitely not good enough to run this game, which is unforunate, considering that I've only been hearing great things about it.

Hopefully they'll release an Xbox 360 version of it in the future (even if that means it has to be toned down).

General Kaliero
Originally posted by Burning thought
not too crazy of a system, only duel core (cant remember the full name of it but its Duel core processoer), i have 8600 Geforce, which is a nice graphics card for its price, cant rememebr the price but it didnt bankrupt me, but overall, it works crysis like a dream, no lag at all, even in large firefights

Huh. I may look into Crysis, then, try the demo or something. I have a DCP and an 8800 Geforce.

Burning thought
Originally posted by General Kaliero
Huh. I may look into Crysis, then, try the demo or something. I have a DCP and an 8800 Geforce.

hm, with that you should run medium easily and maybe high, altho ime not sure if high or very high needs DX 10 and vista

Smasandian
Originally posted by General Kaliero

Yeah, I love the demo.

It's not as intense as COD4 but I literally played the demo three times ( a first for me) in a row and tried different ways of defeating my objective.

I did the old Far Cry trick of jumping into a jeep and getting out whenever somebody attacks me but I then swam through the bay and attacked the base Normany style.

Burning Thought, very high settings are unplayable with most systems now. I'm pretty sure high settings are the highest you can go, but even those high settings are better looking then most games.

I just think this game is totally playable on low settings. In my opinion, the gameplay is worth it without the graphics. Graphics are amazing but so is the gameplay. I really enjoyed that demo.

Burning thought

Burning Thought, very high settings are unplayable with most systems now. I'm pretty sure high settings are the highest you can go, but even those high settings are better looking then most games.

I just think this game is totally playable on low settings. In my opinion, the gameplay is worth it without the graphics. Graphics are amazing but so is the gameplay. I really enjoyed that demo.

hmm ime not sure, ive not tried it on high, i dont think i want to chance it unless it breaks

aye, the graphics are good, i enjoy it with graphics but if you have it on low, you dont get the impaact of the forest, if i rememebr correctly, on low the scrub grass and bushes dont have the physics displayed in videos where it brushes against you and moves as you go through it, thats what i enjoy in Medium settngs atm, and ofc a bit better lighting, i wish there was some way of running smoothly on very high, impossible i kno but it would be awsome visuals

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Burning thought
hmm, well if you want you can crouch/crawl, i know thats fairly silent, walking normally is not the best way to be stealthed, altho i dont really notice it loud myself since ive not played Multplayer yet, ime in the jungle in singeplayer most of the time,sniping, and the AI doesnt seem to hear me much.

you can hear the hum of the cloak if you're in the area.. I guess they didnt want cloak to be a total fail-safe or anything..

it also gets a tv-like static (visually speaking) randomly.. which has gotten me killed on numerous occasions

Smasandian
Me thinks that a company should license the CryEngine 2 for a Predator game because if your a fan of Predator, Crysis is almost an Predator sim.

InnerRise
Crysis is being ported to both the Playstation 3 and XBOX 360.

BackFire
Originally posted by InnerRise
Crysis is being ported to both the Playstation 3 and XBOX 360.

Source?

Smasandian
The engine is being ported to the consoles.

But I dont think Crysis is coming to the consoles yet.

I wouldnt be surprised if it did though.

BackFire
Yeah, I heard about the Engine being ported. The game is still up in the air, unless IR heard something I didn't.

Smas, you ever get your new PC?

Smasandian
This weekend.

The place couldnt get my processor in time and there isnt really any processor close to q6600 for 270 bucks. I could go higher to the q6700 but for 560ish, I might as well just get top of the line.

So this weekend for sure.

I already got COD4, Crysis and World Of Conflict in my room so I'm going to post benchmarks usuing FRAPS for Crysis to see how good a computer you need for high settings.

BackFire
Glorious man.

Let me know how everything goes.

Smasandian
Oh I will.

Cant wait for Crysis. Any diehard shooter fan has been waiting to play it and see it in all its glory.

BackFire
I know.

I really want to upgrade soon to play it well, but I'm waiting for the next graphics cards/CPU's before really considering it.

With your setup, you should be able to play on Very High settings. I think.

Are you going to be running it on Vista?

Smasandian
I dont think any computer right now can play it on Very High. That setting is meant for computers two years from now.

I'm hoping to play on High settings at around 1200 resolution. The funny thing though is that I heared Medium settings are still better looking then most brand new games, so high is still the best looking game outthere.

Yeah, I got Vista and I got the 64bit version also. Sooner or later 64bit version of Windows will be needed to play games and I read that Vista 64bit works best with Crysis and new games that take advantage of multicore processors.

BackFire
Some people can play on Very high, there are videos on youtube. There's some console command that you can do that supposedly makes it much easier to run on Very high. Some people have said that they can do a mixture of high and very high with just one 8800gt, so with two you should be able to do it, especially with Vista 64bit, which supposedly helps performance.

Smasandian
That would be really cool then.

Cant wait. Played the demo twice and I had to stop because I was loving it too much. Hopefully the final product is just as good. Considering PC Gamer gave it 98%, I think it will.

BackFire
Also considering Far Cry, I'm sure it's great.

Smasandian
Awhile ago, somebody reported on Next gen thread that Crysis only sold 86,000 copies and it was because of its overreaching system requirements (which is flat out lie), but just yesterday EA released its sales figures.

In the end, Crysis sold over 1 million copies worldwide. So the end of PC isnt infront of us.

DarkC
I saw this game in action on an Alienware PC, the graphics were so beautiful.

It was like playing Half Life 2 on the PC for the first time all over again a few years ago.

Smasandian
Finally got my computer.

Had some problems with SATA cables buts its all fixed.

I havnt got a chance yet to play it but I did try out the MP in local mode and the graphics didnt look that great, but I assuming its because its MP and most games dont have great amazing graphics for thier MP's, but I got the game playing at high settings with 1440x900 resolution. Might take it down a bit so its a bit smoother but it looked pretty sweet.

Smasandian
So played about 2 hours or so into the game.

Finished right after the demo would of ended.

I must say, the game kicks ass so far. The nano suit is pretty sweet to use. The AI is sometimes brilliant and sometimes a bit stupid. One time it actively seeks you out and throws grenades to root you out behind cover and the other time, when you shoot at it from far away it runs back in forth figuring out where it needs to go. But overall, the AI is pretty damn good. One time, I fired from afar, and I was wondering where the hell it was going. It stopped behind a rock outcrop, and started to return fire. I could barely see him because of his choice of cover. Pretty good.

Graphics are the best I have ever seen. The use of motion blur, depth of field and debris that gets stuck in your face is amazing. The physics of the trees are breathtaking. You can literally shoot tree branches off and can shoot at a tree and the exact spot you hit, the tree falls down. Sounds kinda of silly, but when your in a battle, that type of physics totally draws you in. Never seen better water effects either. The water literally laps onto the beach. It's just breathtaking. Never seen anything like it. You can see why the game is taxing on a system. The game is that good looking. Nothing compares.

Gameplay is linear a bit, but you have a choice of going all over the place, there is soo many ways of killing somebody. My favourite tactic is to go into cloak, step away from a jeep, and then shoot the gas tank in the back. It's really funny when you the jeep is moving. It's also cool on how the guys in the truck, yell out that the jeep is on fire, and try to jump out but get blown sky high afterwords.

So anyways,

I FRAPS Crysis and Call of Duty 4.

With everything on high, no anti, or anistropic filter (like it really needs it) and at 1400x9000 resolution, I'm getting roughly around 35 FPS. Seems a bit small, but the game is really smooth. It only hiccups when alot of stuff happens, but its not really a problem because it doesn affect anything.

COD4, with everything up high including both AA, and anistropic filter up as high as it goes, I'm getting roughly 60 FPS. Pretty sweet computer I have to say. Only for 2500 bucks.

BackFire
I've heard a lot of people say that Crysis feels surprisingly smooth at relatively low framerates. No one really knows why that is, one theory is it's because of good use of motion blur, it kinda hides the framerate, so to speak.

Glad your enjoying your new pc, dude.

Ivalice
Well i got a single ASUS 8800GT and i don't know if my card is being bottlenecked b/c im getting like what? 18-25 fps on high settings at 1024 x 768.

How the hell were some people on youtube be able to run this game at high and get decent fps with only a single 8800GT?

DarkC
My friend is returning his Alienware laptop, lol. So far everyone who has heard thinks he is crazy.

Smasandian
I've heard a lot of people say that Crysis feels surprisingly smooth at relatively low framerates. No one really knows why that is, one theory is it's because of good use of motion blur, it kinda hides the framerate, so to speak.

Glad your enjoying your new pc, dude.

That seems to be the reason also.

It does rear its head, but only when 4-5 guys are stalking me ( if you see a movie where a swat team, or special forces team is walking through a jungle, heel to toe, thats bascially what happens), start shooting me and then an explosion from a grenade, or I blow up a car, it does lower the framerates, but there isnt any slowdown. Just a few hiccups.

Ivalice, I've notice from FRAPS that I took down the resolution and the framerate stayed consistent. I dont know if its the program, or the game.

What else do you have in your computer?

BackFire
Make sure you've downloaded all the latest patches and drivers to maximize the optimizations.

Also, the people who are running it on very high with a single 8800gt are using modified configs. There are some you can download that are supposed to give a great performace boost (by disabling things you won't notice) and boosting the important things (shaders, post processing, so on). You guys should look into those.

Ivalice
Make sure you've downloaded all the latest patches and drivers to maximize the optimizations.

Also, the people who are running it on very high with a single 8800gt are using modified configs. There are some you can download that are supposed to give a great performace boost (by disabling things you won't notice) and boosting the important things (shaders, post processing, so on). You guys should look into those. I've tried that, still got the same FPS and i think its my CPU bottlenecking my card.

Smasandian
What's your CPU?

Ivalice
AMD athlon 64 X2 dual core +3600 1.9ghz..

BTW between an 8800GT and the 8800GTS 640, would the GT generally be considered better for gaming especially for games like crysis?

Smasandian
Yeah, but I got an 6600 Quad Core, with 4 GB's, and 2 8800 GTS 512 and I only get around 30 FPS on high settings.

It's playable, but I tried medium, and I couldnt go back. Medium looks great, but high is exceptional.

I dont know alot about AMD, but I assuming that processor isnt up to snuff compared to newer Intel Quads?

Ivalice
Yeah, but I got an 6600 Quad Core, with 4 GB's, and 2 8800 GTS 512 and I only get around 30 FPS on high settings. You using vista or XP? Btw i read that crysis isn't SLI compatible so maybe thats why you get around 30 fps

I dont know alot about AMD, but I assuming that processor isnt up to snuff compared to newer Intel Quads? I think its more or less the same.

Anyways should i upgrade to an 8800GTS or just stick with the 8800GT at the moment?

As for what else is in my comp, 2 gigs of ram, the CPU i listed and a single 8800GT.

BackFire
Stick with your 8800gt, the difference isn't worth it.

If anything, get a new CPU.

Smas, have you tried Very High settings, yet?

Smasandian
No, I havnt tried high settings yet. I might just to check it out but not move the mouse at all.

Ivalice, dont get an GTS 512. Its only a few percent higher than the GT. The GT is a great card. Keep it. Crysis does work with SLI, and I am using Vista. Crysis is just a crazy power hungry game. Even with top of the line hardware, you still will only get 45 to 50 FPS.

Get a new CPU. Intel's are the best right now. AMD Phenom, thier new CPU's are comparable to Intels.

Ivalice

Get a new CPU. Intel's are the best right now. AMD Phenom, thier new CPU's are comparable to Intels. I was planning to get the intel CPU but sadly by motherboard only supports AMD.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>