Down in the valley

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

KillTheLight
http://i3.tinypic.com/w0nn2t.jpg

New Ed Norton film I think it looks promising

The Trailer

MildPossession
Yep it's one I want to see, but I am looking forwards more to his second directing job, sounds excellent.

Morning_Glory
its already out.. i guess... it says it came out in May --(its already on torrent ninja )

Jim Reaper
Anyone see it yet? Any good?

Poo Face
Originally posted by Jim Reaper
Anyone see it yet? Any good?

I saw it last week on DVD, it wasn't bad. The acting was good, the story was fine, at times the chemistry between Norton and his young girlfriend was intense and reminiscent of Laura Dern and Nicholas Cage in David Lynch's 'Wild At Heart'. Whoever the girl was in this movie actually reminded me of Laura Dern. Norton was really good, not as captivating as in other movies such as Fight Club or American History X, but he did a good job as a hopeless cowboy living out of place in Las Angeles. The feel of the movie seemed a bit too familiar, something I've noticed a lot in low budget films shot in Los Angeles, coined by "Where The Day Takes You", where a group of troubled kids wonder like nomads with busy LA as the backdrop, heat waves coming off the street, noises of traffic in the background, the inevitable hideaway into the open cement aqueducts, and the grim feel that trouble is brewing and all hope will be lost for the main character who continues on a downward spiral, grasping for any camaraderie he can find. In this case, Norton's girl friend's little brother played by Rory Culkin is the friend who goes down with him, yet manages to stay out of any serious trouble with the law and his dad who wants Norton dead for reasons I won't give away.

All in all, the film was good yet rather gloomy and hopeless once it gets going. The predictable ending is forgivable with it's slight twist, not in story, but in it's unlikely location where the resolution occurs. It's not a feel good movie, it left me feeling sort of empty and sad.

Morning_Glory
I really liked it ... of course, I usually always like Norton movies

Jim Reaper
Originally posted by =Tired Hiker=

All in all, the film was good yet rather gloomy and hopeless once it gets going. The predictable ending is forgivable with it's slight twist, not in story, but in it's unlikely location where the resolution occurs. It's not a feel good movie, it left me feeling sort of empty and sad.

Nice review... The fact that it elicited any feeling at all, says something about the film, and that it's worth a look.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.