All-star Superman vs Thanos

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eleveninches
Who would win?

Marvel Boy
I'd go with Thanos

ZephroCarnelian
All Star Supes is being made out to be totally uber in the run at the minute.

Arm-wrestling Samson and Alas, at the SAME time, with NO effort at all...???

Making a super-serum to give Lois super-powers for a day....??

Etc etc...

He's the man.

And he's also one of the best drawn Superman(men) I've ever seen.

eleveninches
All-star superman is (IMO) being set up to be as powerful as precrisis superman

CaptainStoic
All Star all the way. I doubt that anyone could beat him, he can lift 200 quintillion tons with one arm.

Juntai
Originally posted by CaptainStoic
All Star all the way. I doubt that anyone could beat him, he can lift 200 quintillion tons with one arm. Without straining. They mentioned he could go much higher, but the machine they were using to test it couldn't.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by Juntai
Without straining. They mentioned he could go much higher, but the machine they were using to test it couldn't. Don't forget that key that was made out of white dwarf(I think) material that weighed 500,000 tons that he picked up easily.

The key actually cracked the floor of the fortress.

King KAM
Itll be a shame all that power goes to waste when thanos curbstomps him

Tshern
How?

Thanos_6383
Now we have a all star superman?

Juntai
Originally posted by Thanos_6383
Now we have a all star superman? New title, it's only got 3 issues, not enough to support beating Thanos in the same way Sentry can't realistically support beating Superman. We know he's REDICULOUS fast and strong, has telekinetic fields, froze part of a sun with a small breath, and can do the classic 'fly to fortress and invent what I need to win' type of stuff. He's a crazy inventor. Other than that, not much is known, but hey, it's only 3 issues in.

It's pretty much a tribute to the old school basically unbeatable Superman.

Tshern
Damn, I wish they didn't come up with characters like that. It's so lame that it hurts...

Juntai
Oh, and he's immune to kryptonite.
smile

Tshern
As pretty much all the Supermen. It is his great weakness, but it just doesn't have too big effects on him, same goes with magic and red sun beams. Keeps getting better and better.

Well, I don't have to buy those comics, right?

Juntai
Originally posted by Tshern
As pretty much all the Supermen. It is his great weakness, but it just doesn't have too big effects on him, same goes with magic and red sun beams. Keeps getting better and better.

Well, I don't have to buy those comics, right? Well, they aren't considered part of the DCU, but All Star Superman is one of the best titles out right now.

Tshern

ChaoticReign
The writing has been excellent thus far. His amazing power is somewhat of a side story right now. So far it's been him trying to enjoy what time he has left. He told Lois his secret and has spent most of his time with her thus far.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by eleveninches
All-star superman is (IMO) being set up to be as powerful as precrisis superman

He is. The writer said it's Silver Age Superman with more history. Thanos can't stand against Pre-Crisis Superman.

Thanos_6383
New title, it's only got 3 issues, not enough to support beating Thanos in the same way Sentry can't realistically support beating Superman. We know he's REDICULOUS fast and strong, has telekinetic fields, froze part of a sun with a small breath, and can do the classic 'fly to fortress and invent what I need to win' type of stuff. He's a crazy inventor. Other than that, not much is known, but hey, it's only 3 issues in.

It's pretty much a tribute to the old school basically unbeatable Superman.

AHHH.Cool.Thanks Juntai for the info.

Juntai
Originally posted by Thanos_6383
AHHH.Cool.Thanks Juntai for the info. Think crazy Pre Crisis Superman, but with much better art, stories, and will probably make a bit more sense/be more consistant. The stories are like a breath of fresh air from other comics, for some reason.

Thanos_6383
Thanks.Your info is always good,Juntai

Validus
Think crazy Pre Crisis Superman, but with much better art, stories, and will probably make a bit more sense/be more consistant. The stories are like a breath of fresh air from other comics, for some reason.
Just more proof that the Silver Age wasn't as bad as many claim it to be.

King KAM
Originally posted by Tshern
How? with his mind......ofcourse

grey fox
Originally posted by Validus
Just more proof that the Silver Age wasn't as bad as many claim it to be.

I think the only reason people claim the Silver age was bad is because their comics occasionaly lacked some sense to them .

Thunderstrike
If he starts weaving, I'm gonna scream.

Validus
Originally posted by grey fox
I think the only reason people claim the Silver age was bad is because their comics occasionaly lacked some sense to them .
That or they judge the entire era by a handful of scans they see posted online taken completely out of context.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.