Rune King Thor vs All-Star Superman

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

spideycarnage
who wins? no prep

Space M ummy
I know All star supes isn't weak to kryptonite, but if he still has a magic weakness, RKT obliterates him.

Thunderstrike
Why isn't all star Superman weak to kryptonite? What have they done? Created a fanboy's wet dream?

grey fox
This is the quintessential Quick draw match.

All-star supes is so strong that a single punch would kill RKT . Whereas RKT is sweating out the stuff that All star supes has no weakness against. Magic.

Evidently i say RKT takes it with a quick flash of his S-T-F-F-Y-B vision.

Juntai
Originally posted by grey fox
This is the quintessential Quick draw match.

All-star supes is so strong that a single punch would kill RKT . Whereas RKT is sweating out the stuff that All star supes has no weakness against. Magic.

Evidently i say RKT takes it with a quick flash of his S-T-F-F-Y-B vision. All Star Supes hasn't had any showings against magic that I can recall.

Darth Kal-El
just watch, comic book versus forums is gonna be flooded with all star superman threads. *sighs*

grey fox
Originally posted by Juntai
All Star Supes hasn't had any showings against magic that I can recall.

Wouldn't matter , ether way. His (RKT) S-T-F-F-Y-B vision took out Wolverines skeleton and Cap's shield.

Thunderstrike
That's why we still have Galactus, but no weakness against Kryptonite? What the hell? Are they trying to make Jesus? We might as well say Pre-Crisis Superman, because that's what he is. Mr. Super-Weaving.

Juntai
Wouldn't matter , ether way. His (RKT) S-T-F-F-Y-B vision took out Wolverines skeleton and Cap's shield. And that's more durable than a pre crisis type of Supes?

Thunderstrike
Juntai, that just means he can endure extreme heat. Adamantium has to be MELTED!

grey fox
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
That's why we still have Galactus, but no weakness against Kryptonite? What the hell? Are they trying to make Jesus? We might as well say Pre-Crisis Superman, because that's what he is. Mr. Super-Weaving.

Nah, Battle Pope already has the rights to Jesus.

http://www.comicscontinuum.com/stories/0502/18/battlepope.jpg

Validus
Why does everyone complain when Superman gets a power up yet smile from ear to ear when others ascend to godhood? confused

Thunderstrike
Because it's somebody else's turn to get powerful. The f*cker already was near godlike.

Validus
Because it's somebody else's turn to get powerful. The f*cker already was near godlike.
Heap loads of super strength and speed is pretty much all it is though. That's not much of a boost compared to Thor getting a load of magical powers and the Odinforce.

grey fox

Too true, when your already 'super' theirs no need to become any stronger.

Validus
Too true, when your already 'super' theirs no need to become any stronger.
So what was Thor before the Ragnarok saga? Street level?

Thunderstrike
Actually, that was his original power level, just new wisdom. He may have had a small boost, but not a huge one.

Validus
Actually, that was his original power level, just new wisdom. He may have had a small boost, but not a huge one.
Come on now. He gained the wisdom to use the Odinforce perfectly and a ton of magical powers putting him at the top tier of the skyfather food chain. Compare that to Superman moving planets. confused

the Darkone
RKT is a elder god level, he killed a skyfather being in Mangog with a gesture, What the f**k? you think RKT will do to All-star superman. RKT has 100%control of the Odinforce and Rune Magic and Arcane wisdom and with his hammer and his father spear Gungiar that's to much raw power even for All-star superman to fight with.

ChaoticReign
I actually have really enjoyed all-star superman thus far. The idea that he has a limit to his power is something we don't see with current. Sure he's now immune to kryptonite radiation but he's also dying from all the power contained in his body right now. I'm unfamiliar with different versions of thor so I don't really know what to say about this fight. I don't know how much power he has. But unless it's as ridiculous as all-stars 300-quintillion ton strength it won't be an easy fight.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Validus
So what was Thor before the Ragnarok saga? Street level?

Posted something similar in the Superman thread some time back.

Superman gets a powerboost and suddenly people are crawling out of the woodwork saying 'unfair.'

Next day they are saying how the Silver Surfer can at '100X the speed of light' and 'transmute elements' without breaking a sweat.

Thunderstrike
Well, lets put it this way. Superman beats everyone. Why? Because he's Superman. In these forums, there are people he loses to. In comics, he doesn't lose. Why? Because he has to be the strongest, fastest, most powerful character out there, when in reality there are characters that would wipe the floor with him, like Surfer and more than likely Thor. However, DC comics will never allow him to be beatable, thus the power upgrades. They're so anal about making him the best that he never gets humbled, ever. Take JLA/Avengers, where he beat Thor. Thor has taken more damage than Superman could dish out, yet he gets KO'ed with ease? Bullshit. In reality, Thor would ram Mjolnir down his throat and godblast him like he did Mangog. He's gonna always be Superdick in the eyes of a lot of comics fans.

I want at least one person to admit that if Superman were to lose to a Marvel character, fans would go ape shit.

grey fox
Well, lets put it this way. Superman beats everyone. Why? Because he's Superman. In these forums, there are people he loses to. In comics, he doesn't lose. Why? Because he has to be the strongest, fastest, most powerful character out there, when in reality there are characters that would wipe the floor with him, like Surfer and more than likely Thor. However, DC comics will never allow him to be beatable, thus the power upgrades. They're so anal about making him the best that he never gets humbled, ever. Take JLA/Avengers, where he beat Thor. Thor has taken more damage than Superman could dish out, yet he gets KO'ed with ease? Bullshit. In reality, Thor would ram Mjolnir down his throat and godblast him like he did Mangog. He's gonna always be Superdick in the eyes of a lot of comics fans.

I want at least one person to admit that if Superman were to lose to a Marvel character, fans would go ape shit.

Unless it was someone of equal footing to supes in both popularity and power. This is more then likely the reason behind all the 'Hulk can beat superman' threads.

Validus
So your reason for disliking Superman comes down to beating your favorite character in a crossover? Is that what you're trying to say?

Complaining that he wins a lot is a bit weak. He wouldn't be much of a super-hero if he went around getting his ass kicked all over the place now would he? I just find it odd that you like Hyperion, who you claim does everything with ease, but dislike Superman for somewhat the same reason.

Thunderstrike
So your reason for disliking Superman comes down to beating your favorite character in a crossover? Is that what you're trying to say?

No. My dislike for Superman comes from the fact he never loses to people he should get killed by because of the simple fact that he's Superman. Superman fans are rabid wolves when you tell them that their favorite hero can be beat.

Complaining that he wins a lot is a bit weak. He wouldn't be much of a super-hero if he went around getting his ass kicked all over the place now would he? I just find it odd that you like Hyperion, who you claim does everything with ease, but dislike Superman for somewhat the same reason.

Hyperion is a different case. His character in Supreme Power fascinates me because of the fact that he is a hero to the bone, but is rejected by the world around him, and has always felt alone. The thing with Hyperion is that he can't find solace. It's not the power level that draws me to the character. It's the same way with Thor. I love the fact that he's a God that identifies with Humans more than he does fellow gods. Beta Ray Bill is another fave of mine because he's a great warrior with a heart for people. However, I think that DC writers write Superman like he's Jesus, which I find just flat out dumb. I've got good reason not to like Superman, just like I have good reason not to like Wonder Woman as well.

If you remember what Captain America said about DC, that rang true with Infinite Crisis. It's kinda foreboding, if you think about it.

Validus
Ok, I understand. There's plenty of legit reasons to dislike Superman, especially under the pen of certain writers (Busiek isn't one of them) but his power level definitely isn't a good reason. The jobber aura can be annoying which is why I like Mon-El since he doesn't have one.

Thunderstrike
I just don't like his character. I like Kal-L though. He's a family man.

Validus
Kal-L's a dumbass.

grey fox
No. My dislike for Superman comes from the fact he never loses to people he should get killed by because of the simple fact that he's Superman. Superman fans are rabid wolves when you tell them that their favorite hero can be beat.

Hyperion is a different case. His character in Supreme Power fascinates me because of the fact that he is a hero to the bone, but is rejected by the world around him, and has always felt alone. The thing with Hyperion is that he can't find solace. It's not the power level that draws me to the character. It's the same way with Thor. I love the fact that he's a God that identifies with Humans more than he does fellow gods. Beta Ray Bill is another fave of mine because he's a great warrior with a heart for people. However, I think that DC writers write Superman like he's Jesus, which I find just flat out dumb. I've got good reason not to like Superman, just like I have good reason not to like Wonder Woman as well.

If you remember what Captain America said about DC, that rang true with Infinite Crisis. It's kinda foreboding, if you think about it.

Similar reason why I dislike X-Men , they put too much hype into something and then twist it out of shape. I was never much interested in the X-men disliking most of them due to their powers . Also the unrealism of their plight was ****ing annoying .

Oh hi were mutants , we have superpowers from natural genetics and were a minority . Except that we take up 65 percent of the planet.

You can't be a goddamn minority if you take up that much of a planet. The avengers never interested me either , although thats more likely due to their semi-boring line-up.

grey fox
I just don't like his character. I like Kal-L though. He's a family man.

Kal-L's great , you take a character who's used to the up-beat 30's and 50's (of comics) and then place him next to current characters and you have such a wonderful problem . It's brilliantly funny and yet twisted at the same time to see him talking to earth 1 batman and telling him that his world was 'The good world' .

illadelph12
Originally posted by Juntai
And that's more durable than a pre crisis type of Supes?

Adamantium is in the DCU now???

spetznaz

Let me speak for myself ......there are a good number of Marvel characters that could defeat Superman.

No doubt about that.

The only problem is that on forums people pit Superman against Marvel characters that oscillate between several notches to many leagues beneath him, and then feel bad when people say Superman beats them.

I have absolutely no problem with Superman losing to a Marvel character ......for example Superman has no business messing with Rune King Thor (note: I am talking about 'normal' Superman not All-Star/PC), or with the Beyonder, etc.
However if I say Superman would beat Colossus like he was a chump, that Superman would beat Rogue like she was a joke, that Superman is too omni-dimensional for the Hulk (who is amazingly uni-dimensional), that Superman is faster than Quicksilver, that Superman would take out Prof. X before he could even get a chance to use telepathy, that .......so on and so forth.
Some people who like Marvel are not exactly happy with that, and normally in response you will see spite threads come up or talk about how Superman should be depowered (while talking about how their favorite character in Marvel is SO powerful without blinking an eye).

Anyways, the long and short of it is that there are a good number of characters in Marvel that will defeat 'normal' Superman, and a number that would even school the more powerful versions of Superman.
Thus I have no problem at all with Kal-El (or any Kryptonian/Daxamite/whatever losing).

Just don't expect me to say Superman will lose to 90% of the characters he is pitted against on KMC, characters who are either one-trick ponies (like most characters in Marvel are, eg Cyclops ....and there was a thread on Cy's optic blast vs Supes heat v., or the various Colossus/Thing vs Supes bouts) or have power sets that while powerful would not have sufficient time to effectively affect Superman (for example Professor X is an amazing telepath, but he wouldn't have time to do anything before he got reduced to goop. And for that matter Manchester Black used a very powerful telepathic attack on Superman, apparently killing him, and a few moments later Supes was dismantling his entire team).

Thus, Superman can lose to a host of Marvel characters. However that number is not that great (but it is not small either), and most of those characters are usually obscure (which brings a problem since most pro-Marvel people on KMC love to pit Supes against their fave idols ....thus the Superman vs Venom, Superman vs Spiderman, S vs Hulk, S vs Colossus, S vs Xavier etc etc etc).

Tshern
The real question is, would he lose to Wolverine?

spetznaz
Originally posted by Tshern
The real question is, would he lose to Wolverine?

Wolbereen weens 100/10!

grey fox
Originally posted by spetznaz
Wolbereen weens 100/10!

LOl

JohnR
I can imagine All-Star Superman hitting RKT with all of his planet-pulverizing strength and RKT barely noticing. There's no way All-Star Superman is at an Odin-level of power.

Odin's main enemy was 1,000+ ft tall Surtur who destroyed a star just to extract the metal he used to forge his sword. And Surtur seemed like a chump compared to RKT.

All-Star Superman was overloaded by a bit of solar radiation. I'm not sure how this compares in the slightest to sun-destroying forces.

Psyquis52
Originally posted by JohnR
I can imagine All-Star Superman hitting RKT with all of his planet-pulverizing strength and RKT barely noticing. There's no way All-Star Superman is at an Odin-level of power.

Odin's main enemy was 1,000+ ft tall Surtur who destroyed a star just to extract the metal he used to forge his sword. And Surtur seemed like a chump compared to RKT.

All-Star Superman was overloaded by a bit of solar radiation. I'm not sure how this compares in the slightest to sun-destroying forces.

yes bunny yes

Soujaboy
This is out of context, but oh well

I agree with Thunderstrike on this subject

The reason I cant stand about Superman is he's the only character besides Wolverine who's power is the power not to lose. I'm swear if Dc had the god of the universe step down Superman could still beat him. DC would just have the sun grow bigger or have a trillion more suns appear. I mean it's stupid how he just wins every fight no matter what, I think he's worse than Wolverine.

My fav character is Juggernaut, so I'm going to take Juggernaut and use him as an example.

If Juggernaut was Dc's Superman he would never lose. Even without his helmet he would always win, they would just create a plot device that had him somehow become immune to telepathic attacks. Then when he did finally lose a fight, they would give him a power up that gave him the power of a trillion suns. It's just impossible to defeat superman, I mean its crazy.

How much can Superman lift now?

The_Olympian
but he can, can't he?

spideycarnage
Originally posted by illadelph12
Adamantium is in the DCU now???

i thought i was the only one thinking of that

spetznaz
Originally posted by The_Olympian
but he can, can't he?

I believe he can .....and that was my point.
Characters like SS are hyper powered, but the same people saying Superman is 'too powerful' apparently have no problem with Marvel's field of 'deity-level/myriad-power/I-can-do-it' characters.

The Flash evacuates a city at near the speed of light and people complain. Yet celebrate SS's 100 times the speed of light travel.

Superman gets a powerboost and Marvel fans groan. Yet Thor becoming a bona fide deity able to blow away planets is 'amazing.'

Karate Kid is supposedly too powerful, but Captain America (according to a certain person) can beat him ....and the Champion (who is like KK in terms of knowing a myriad fighting styles) PLUS has superstrength and invulnerability. Not a peep about the Champion (even when his strength stems from residual energy from the freakin' BIG BANG, is an elder of the universe who has been around since the inception of this reality, and is class 100!)

Batgirl is an 'average fighter' to a certain person, but hey ....Wolverine can hang with the Hulk.

Ion is supposedly 'ridiculous,' but hey .....Thanos with the IG has carte blanche to trounce abstracts and other high level cosmics (as well as playing 'pluck the fiddle' with reality) and all the Marvel fanboys is murmur 'yum!'

In essence, this is simply bias. More of DC's popular characters can defeat more of Marvel's popular characters (although Marvel has a whole list of more obscure characters that could wipe the floor with any DC character below Spectre level, but obviously a person who would like to see Thing beat Wonderwoman or have Spiderman trump the Flash wouldn't find it as satisfying to use the uber-powerful but relatively obscure characters). Thus you have a situation where some angst sets in, and suddenly you hear talk of Superman fanboys (even from people who had a match between Superman and VENOM ....who is the fb) and that the Flash's speed if a plot device (erm, what else is the Flash supposed to do? His power is speed and its effects).

There are a good number of characters that can defeat superman in Marvel, but people like Thing/Colossus/Hulk/Spiderman/Venom/etc are simply not among that list.
And that irks some.

Thunderstrike
Let's compare this.

Man of Steel Superman was nowhere near Pre-Crisis. Breath of fresh air. Then what happens? Slowly but surely, DC powers everybody back up again, getting closer and closer to the pre-crisis level. Then, they have another Crisis. To be honest, it's annoying. They do it to appease the fans of their Gods, and it's stupid. What did they end up with now? Superdick version 2.0, Batgod, and Wonder B*tch. OYL, no Batman, No Wonder Psycho, and no Superman. It's not the fact that they're uber. It's the fact that they tailor Superman to be so powerful it's ridiculous, just for the sake of the fanboys.

UniOmni
Lemme say this, since i was once wrongly tarred with the stigma of "Superman hater". I hate jobber auras. With an ugly, icecold passion.
Superman has one of the largest jobber auras in mainstream comics. Thats why i also hate Wolverine, and Thanos as well.
DS not so much. Identity Crisis was not all bad, except for dumbing down GL.
Superman has an entire universe that jobs to him. DC Editorial Staff has outright said that he's the main character of their universe. Thus he has his own version of Terrax at his side. Yes Terrax. Terrax = Manhunter.
Someone who is obviously top tier, yet is shown to be top tier only to job to others. And to then up their stock. He will get feats, Manhunter that is, if only to remain firmly in the top tier, so he can job when necessary. Thus putting the guy he jobs to, slightly above the top tier. Manhunter is the hypeman of the kryptonians. And what a multitalented, potentially powerful hypeman he is. Thats why i hate Superman at times.

My other beef comes in debates. My parents will tell anybody, I loved to argue. I love to turn peoples opinions using fact and logic. Thus i love vs forums. Superman, however is a hella cheap character to use in a vs forum. As is Surfer and Flash etc. But the crutch with flash is that he can't hit you with class 100 strength off rip. Superman and Surfer can. And they do this at a hair under lightspeed. IT's hella annoying and difficult to debate against.
And i never had a problem with superman getting a power up. Never. But when his fans come in and say, nobody less than Galactus can handle sundipped superman, with no true feats to back it up, other than him pushing a planet with engines working against him, it annoying.

Impressive feat, but annoying how someone believes that if you can simply punch harder than before, you can now only be handled by someone who's the third force of the universe. Thats really baffling and annoying. I don't hate Superman the character. I hate Superman, the jobber aura, and disregard for continuity and stannism....Yes, no longer will i call his legions of blind rabid followers fanboys. They will now be known as Stans, in honor of the song by Marshall.

spetznaz

Validus
Let's compare this.

Man of Steel Superman was nowhere near Pre-Crisis. Breath of fresh air. Then what happens? Slowly but surely, DC powers everybody back up again, getting closer and closer to the pre-crisis level. Then, they have another Crisis. To be honest, it's annoying. They do it to appease the fans of their Gods, and it's stupid. What did they end up with now? Superdick version 2.0, Batgod, and Wonder B*tch. OYL, no Batman, No Wonder Psycho, and no Superman. It's not the fact that they're uber. It's the fact that they tailor Superman to be so powerful it's ridiculous, just for the sake of the fanboys.
Why does this only apply to DC or Superdick, Batgod, and Wonder B*tch as you so charmingly put it? The Silver Surfer is much more powerful than he was under the pen of Stan Lee where I recall he was knocked senseless by a sledgehammer to the head or the X-Men who get powered up every mini series or Spider-Man who seems to be on a streak of upgrades. I think everyone got the hint Thanos was uber the first time he took over the universe and fooled all the abstracts.

Originally posted by UniOmni
And i never had a problem with superman getting a power up. Never. But when his fans come in and say, nobody less than Galactus can handle sundipped superman, with no true feats to back it up, other than him pushing a planet with engines working against him, it annoying.
Welcome to my problem with the Sentry. big grin

Thunderstrike
Well, your .02 for some reason always holds more worth, Spetznaz. I think that, as a whole, Superman is a giant on DC earth, but on a galactic scale is a very small entity. The big thing is that he seems to keep gaining little tidbits of power and power, yet it comes from Krypton, which I always thought was a planet of thinkers and scientists, and warlords and combat practices weren't the best idea, considering it was a literal paradise. Now, there is one thing that ruined it all aside from the powerups, and that's Superman: Birthright. They basically took a genius start for Superman and spit on it. Why? Because to be honest, I think that DC comics made Superman into a Jesus figure. Know, being a theology student, I know how it goes. They've made him into a perfect being. I think that AS-S is what DC really wants, but cannot do with Superman for long because it seems too far removed from reality, and more and more comic fans scream for a realistic standpoint on the modern superhero. I think that when Superman returns, they need to start over again. Go Man of Steel Superman, where his beginnings were just genius, but still have the kryptonian ideal of a great world. However, I don't think that he should get the same respect that he should. I think that if DC maintains the cynicism seen in Infinite Crisis, then we'd be able to see Superman as more of a 3-D character. That's honestly why I don't mind Surfer, Thanos, Thor, Beta Ray, and others being really powerful. Their characters are VERY strong. Thor is a god who considers himself more human than Asgardian. Silver Surfer fights for peace in the universe, because he may never have inner peace himself. Thanos is a titan with nearly limitless powers, but he's lonely in the universe. His thirst will never be quenched by power. I think that a new twist needs to be taken on Superman.

the Darkone
Well, your .02 for some reason always holds more worth, Spetznaz. I think that, as a whole, Superman is a giant on DC earth, but on a galactic scale is a very small entity. The big thing is that he seems to keep gaining little tidbits of power and power, yet it comes from Krypton, which I always thought was a planet of thinkers and scientists, and warlords and combat practices weren't the best idea, considering it was a literal paradise. Now, there is one thing that ruined it all aside from the powerups, and that's Superman: Birthright. They basically took a genius start for Superman and spit on it. Why? Because to be honest, I think that DC comics made Superman into a Jesus figure. Know, being a theology student, I know how it goes. They've made him into a perfect being. I think that AS-S is what DC really wants, but cannot do with Superman for long because it seems too far removed from reality, and more and more comic fans scream for a realistic standpoint on the modern superhero. I think that when Superman returns, they need to start over again. Go Man of Steel Superman, where his beginnings were just genius, but still have the kryptonian ideal of a great world. However, I don't think that he should get the same respect that he should. I think that if DC maintains the cynicism seen in Infinite Crisis, then we'd be able to see Superman as more of a 3-D character. That's honestly why I don't mind Surfer, Thanos, Thor, Beta Ray, and others being really powerful. Their characters are VERY strong. Thor is a god who considers himself more human than Asgardian. Silver Surfer fights for peace in the universe, because he may never have inner peace himself. Thanos is a titan with nearly limitless powers, but he's lonely in the universe. His thirst will never be quenched by power. I think that a new twist needs to be taken on Superman.

thumb up Damn Thunderstrike much respect to on this debate and I agree with 100%, Dc heroes are Gods as where Marvel charcters are more human even though they have godlike abilities.

Thunderstrike
I'm glad just to have Spetznaz's respect.

the Darkone

thumb up, damn man you are took the words right out of my mouth.
Finale somebody with logic.

Validus
Originally posted by the Darkone
thumb up Damn Thunderstrike much respect to on this debate and I agree with 100%, Dc heroes are Gods as where Marvel charcters are more human even though they have godlike abilities.
How though? The same thing he said for Thor can be applied 100% for Superman.

Birthright, as much people crap on it, took a deeper look at Superman as a person than any other story.

Thunderstrike
If you'd like to see more of my crazy analyses, check the Slade Explained link under my sig.

sexyking
Why does everyone complain when Superman gets a power up yet smile from ear to ear when others ascend to godhood? confused

They get upset because the know the truth supermans the best and all the other heros they worship are wannabes.

MattDay

lol your talking bullshit, superman is more of a superhero than anyone... so shove your opinion up ya arse, because more people realize superman is that damn good, not that damn bad, fcuk off loser

olympian
"lol your talking bullshit, superman is more of a superhero than anyone... so shove your opinion up ya arse, because more people realize superman is that damn good, not that damn bad, fcuk off loser"

And then you call others cock heads because they are sarcastic!

laughing

Avalonofthewind
Let's compare this.

Your hatred of Superman and your love of Marvel characters is disturbing.
Is there some rule (and not just for you) that someone has to pick a company and defend it's characters while crapping on the other?

Superman is NOT too powerful. If he was, why would you and others even begin to argue in VS battles against him? We would all be in agreement that Superman wins.

batdude123

sexyking
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Your hatred of Superman and your love of Marvel characters is disturbing.
Is there some rule (and not just for you) that someone has to pick a company and defend it's characters while crapping on the other?

Superman is NOT too powerful. If he was, why would you and others even begin to argue in VS battles against him? We would all be in agreement that Superman wins.

Thats one of the reasons i am starting to hate marvel its their darn fanboys who cant accept that thier are great heros outside the marvel universe, a line i am used to hearing from marvel fanboys is supes has no dept or character and this comes from people who look upon a Dc comic like vampires view sunlight word of advise Marvel boys pick up a supes comic and i guarantee you that you will be hooked wink .

grey fox
Originally posted by MattDay
lol your talking bullshit, superman is more of a superhero than anyone... so shove your opinion up ya arse, because more people realize superman is that damn good, not that damn bad, fcuk off loser

No , you F*ck off , Noob.

Superman is a hero , no more no less. He is not 'more of a hero' then Spiderman or Thor (As an example) . You are just another rabid superman fanboy , it sickens me that people like you sully my countries name.

Also you speak bullshit , now if anyone disbelieves me i did a little research. All this guy does is hang around the superman section or on any post that involves supes, he also believes Supes can tap into 'Hulk style' power to amp himself.

sexyking

Superman is a hero , no more no less. He is not 'more of a hero' then Spiderman or Thor (As an example) . You are just another rabid superman fanboy , it sickens me that people like you sully my countries name.

Actually i think you may be wrong there pal superman has proved his a better hero than both thor and spiderman based on deeds and feats.
Spiderman stops villians like doc ock from stealing from banks and his greatest rival is venom, superman stops hurricanes and saves planes as well as the planet his greatest rival is doomsday and i am not sure thats even accurate anymore. I didnt state luthor as his greatest rival because i was basing it on strenght.

And well thor cant say much about him although he is a good hero so is spidey but they arnt superman.

grey fox
Originally posted by sexyking

Actually i think you may be wrong there pal superman has proved his a better hero than both thor and spiderman based on deeds and feats.
Spiderman stops villians like doc ock from stealing from banks and his greatest rival is venom, superman stops hurricanes and saves planes as well as the planet his greatest rival is doomsday and i am not sure thats even accurate anymore. I didnt state luthor as his greatest rival because i was basing it on strenght.

And well thor cant say much about him although he is a good hero so is spidey but they arnt superman.

Yes , but spidey rarely let's anyone die. Unlike supes whom angst's over how half of (Insert dying country) is dead while he was kicking (Insert random overtly powerful villain) 's ass across the universe.

sexyking
Yes , but spidey rarely let's anyone die. Unlike supes whom angst's over how half of (Insert dying country) is dead while he was kicking (Insert random overtly powerful villain) 's ass across the universe.

roll eyes (sarcastic) Yes becasue spidey doesnt watch over a planet full of people, new york city, planet earth you do the maths.

grey fox
I understand that , but at the end of the day supes still let's people die.

sexyking
I understand that , but at the end of the day supes still let's people die.

Well i think your exaggerating there a bit he doesn't let them die although superman is extremely powerful and extremely fast he is only one and its not as if his just floating about drinking sun juice while watching the people die his of doing another good deed.

grey fox
Originally posted by sexyking
Well i think your exaggerating there a bit he doesn't let them die although superman is extremely powerful and extremely fast he is only one and its not as if his just floating about drinking sun juice while watching the people die his of doing another good deed.

Supes has the means and capability to save them , but doesn't . Sounds like he's letting them die to me.

Also, their are hundreds of other capable superheroes on Dc who don't do anything .

Superboy Prime
Your point of view is interesting. So I suppose Superman is a villain now, huh?

sexyking
Originally posted by Superboy Prime
Your point of view is interesting. So I suppose Superman is a villain now, huh?

lol i have tried explaining this situation to him but it seems he has his mind set on this. look greyfox supes doesn't let them die his either doing something at the time or is unaware of the situation, and the other DC heroes are of doing something as well if they were their every second every emergency then it would be flipping Utopia then wouldn't it and there would be no story.

DigiMark007
This is an idiotic conversation. Grey Fox has never mentioned feats. He's simply speaking in terms of heroic nature.

And gf, Supes not saving countries on a daily basis is just a necessary limitation of the medium...it's not as much fun as beating up bad guys so they don't print it.

The Supes fanboy on the last page was indeed ignorant about his comments and should have been ignored, but his comments seemed to incite some sort of random fight about Supes' heroic qualities.

Some people like a hero. Others don't. And they both have their reasons. Live with it. And stop fighting.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.