Juggernaut vs. Jean Grey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ixie
Jean had the votes on the Jean vs. The Hulk thread.
How about The latest non Phoenix incarnation of Jean Grey vs. Juggernaut.

soujaboy09
What could she do?

Cosmic Flame
Well, her TPs already gotten past his helmet, and her TK is capable of knocking someone from one side of France to the other, so my money's on her.

grey fox
Originally posted by Cosmic Flame
Well, her TPs already gotten past his helmet, and her TK is capable of knocking someone from one side of France to the other, so my money's on her.

No go joe , her Tk was busted by jugg's before. His helmet protects him (although it isn't much of a stretch for her to un-clip it) from her tk and a single blow can snap her in half.

samishe
If Juggs starts moving, her TK wont work on him. And he would most certanly kill her before her TP would get past his helmet.

grey fox
Originally posted by samishe
If Juggs starts moving, her TK wont work on him. And he would most certanly kill her before her TP would get past his helmet.

thumb up

The_Olympian
The end big grin

soujaboy09
under his helmet he know where's a skull cap so even if she does get past his helmet she will also have to find a way to get passed his skull cap.

Besides that he has broke free from a much stronger telepaths mind control named Bedlam.

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/jug8thdayp318bm.jpg

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/jug8thdayp328ck.jpg

grey fox
Originally posted by The_Olympian
The end big grin

http://www.maj.com/gallery/JackNapier/MGS/the_end.jpg

Soleran
Well the question is can she TK his helmet off................if so she takes down juggernaut.

She can fly so Juggernaut cannot really reach her effectivly.

samishe
Originally posted by grey fox
http://www.maj.com/gallery/JackNapier/MGS/the_end.jpg

laughing out loud I love that game.

soujaboy09
I just said that he also has a skull cap on so even if she does get his helmet off, she also has to figure out a way to rip his cap off also.

The_Olympian
ha, if she could do that, couldn't she effectively take off his head? Just saying, doesn't seem plausible!

Soleran
TK his skull cap off as well its not glued to his head.

grey fox
Originally posted by Soleran
TK his skull cap off as well its not glued to his head.

But by then he should be close enough the rip her in half.

The_Olympian
GOOOOOOOOOO GREY FOX! Or he could get Shehulk to kick her ass, cause nobody messes with HER man!

grey fox
GOOOOOOOOOO GREY FOX! Or he could get Shehulk to kick her ass, cause nobody messes with HER man!

You do realize they have had no contact after they screwed each other confused

wannabe
But by then he should be close enough the rip her in half. And that is why???
Last time i checked, Cain wasn't able to fly.

soujaboy09
He's always been able to throw things

The_Olympian
Yeah I was kidding.

grey fox
Originally posted by wannabe
And that is why???
Last time i checked, Cain wasn't able to fly.

No but he can do Hulk style jumps or.....Originally posted by soujaboy09
He's always been able to throw things

Also flying usually takes SOME concentration on your part.

And as my occasional ritual I'll show you guy's what i'm listening to . Click here

wannabe
No but he can do Hulk style jumps or..... Sooo...??? huh

After the jump, in the air, he can not maneuver, while Jean can effortlessly.

Also flying usually takes SOME concentration on your part.Sure, but how much concentration will it cost the most powerful telekinetik on earth, who is able to levitate whole airplanes and more, to whome flying is almost natural, to levitate herself?!

soujaboy09
So he throws a mountain at her, I bet she wont dodge that.

grey fox
Originally posted by wannabe
Sooo...??? huh

After the jump, in the air, he can not maneuver, while Jean can effortlessly.

Sure, but how much concentration will it cost the most powerful telekinetik on earth, who is able to levitate whole airplanes and more, to whome flying is almost natural, to levitate herself?!

But can she keep those planes in the air effortlessly.

The_Olympian
HAHAHAHAHA laughing

Soleran
Originally posted by soujaboy09

LOL yeah that would be great if he could hit her with it as she tkaes his skull cap off and mind rapes him...................maybe he can spend another 10 years digging out of that rubble as wellwink

soujaboy09
How long do you think that he would sit there? First she has to take off his helmet which is supposed to be clanked or bolted on. After she does that then she has to try and take off his skull cap. I'm not sure how long this takes but I'm sure it would take her longer to do that then it would for him to throw something at her. Besides that if he continues to throw things at her she wont have time to just sit there and take his helmet off.

inamilist
she could just lift cain off the ground...

they dont do that a whole lot in comics from what ive seen, but most heroes with TK, especially those the level of Jean, can just lift their opponents out of their way.

She could lay back and soak up some sun while he is helplessly suspended 5 feet off the earth.

Sure, I dont think she can beat him using TP attacks, but holding someone juggernaut's size off of the ground isnt much of a feat for her.

She wins by containment... kind of

Validus
Why can't she beat him with TP? In New X-Men she could disassemble people down to the very molecule so getting the helmet off shouldn't be too much trouble.

The_Olympian
Why the hell doesn't Cain just start BOLTING his helmet in? I mean, seriously! Latches!?!?! They're asking to be taken off!

Soleran
How long do you think that he would sit there? First she has to take off his helmet which is supposed to be clanked or bolted on. After she does that then she has to try and take off his skull cap. I'm not sure how long this takes but I'm sure it would take her longer to do that then it would for him to throw something at her. Besides that if he continues to throw things at her she wont have time to just sit there and take his helmet off.

LOL you just have such a hard time with someone who can contain and or beat Cain.

Jean Grey is a premier TK'r on earth, there is no bolt on that helmet that is going to prevent her from taking it offsmile There isn't anything he can do to her, she has the mobility to her advantage as well as the ability to shield herself with TK..........................she can use TK to take off the skull cap and his helmet, then TP him.

grey fox
Originally posted by inamilist
she could just lift cain off the ground...

they dont do that a whole lot in comics from what ive seen, but most heroes with TK, especially those the level of Jean, can just lift their opponents out of their way.

She could lay back and soak up some sun while he is helplessly suspended 5 feet off the earth.

Sure, I dont think she can beat him using TP attacks, but holding someone juggernaut's size off of the ground isnt much of a feat for her.

She wins by containment... kind of

She did that before , and he continued moving forward.

inamilist
She did that before , and he continued moving forward.

weeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeird

thats not what i would THINK should happen

but, c'est la vie

Cosmic Flame
Read my first post again. She's ALREADY gotten past his helmet. He even said, "How is that possible?" A win using TP is very, very possible. And considering the fact that her shields have never been broken, and have blocked everything from brute force to electricity to heat and radiation for a star about to go nova, I'd say it wouldn't be a walk in the park for him to just hit her. If she takes to the air, she can fly much faster than he can throw, and of course she can always return what he tosses.

spideycarnage

i have yet to see juggy picking up a mountain before, besides, jean would see it commin and make afource field around her self.. i did like idea of levetating juggy in the air, but what would she do with him?? And when has juggy able to jump like the hulk?

The_Olympian
Juggy has about as much strength in his legs as hulk does, so it's assumed that he can jump the same..

soujaboy09
Even if she could get into his mind why couldn't he just do what he did to Bedlam?

The_Olympian
The man's got a point..

juggernaut66666
in new excalibur 6 he jumps very high and few miles with a single jump

Soleran
Right before Juggs broke bad on the Templars he had his helmet back. We are saying Jean is going to TK that gear right off.

The_Olympian
"Silly B****, your weapons cannot harm me, don't you know who the **** I aaaaammmm? I am the JUGGERNAUT!"

bitca730
"sigh* Of the very few comics I actually own, there was one issue of Uncanny X-Men where Jean held back Juggernaut coming at her at full force while casually standing there with her arms crossed. This was a '96-97 comic I believe...I'm assuming this was classic Juggernaut and Jean wasn't possessing any Phoenix powers, as she was wearing her classic x-uniform (90's cartoon)...I'm just saying...it also had a danger room scene with Cyclops in it where Jean interrupted and they started making out...Juggs was attempting to enter the mansion through an underground sewer system if that helps anyone with the particular comic number...

Thanks to uncannyxmen.net, it was a July 1996 issue Uncanny X-Men #334

Swanky-Tuna
Why would Jean have any trouble just clubbing his helmets off with a rock then mindwiping him?

The_Olympian
Hahahaha

soujaboy09
His helmet has to be bolted on, because if it wasn't every time he ran into something or got hit his helmet would fly off.

Soleran
Well those bolts are coming right off with Jean same with his skull cap and Juggernaut is taking a long long nap..................lol

soujaboy09
Don't you think it would be a challenge for her to accomplish those feats if he retaliates?

Soleran
Don't you think it would be a challenge for her to accomplish those feats if he retaliates?

Nope not really, she can fly so its not like he can get his hands on her. Anything he throws at her she can shield herself from and take off his helmet and his skull cap.

soujaboy09
I've never seen her do all those feats at once?

Soleran
What fly and knock some bolts loose and TP him...............aside from Godlike Cable and X-man she is the premier TK'r and second best TP'r on marvel Earth. Those things will be under control just fine, Juggs is taking a nap.

soujaboy09
He could just do what the depowered Juggernaut did

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/newexcalibur03164js.jpg

soujaboy09
What fly and knock some bolts loose and TP him...............aside from Godlike Cable and X-man she is the premier TK'r and second best TP'r on marvel Earth. Those things will be under control just fine, Juggs is taking a nap.

Besides that he could do what he did against X-Factor when they had Cable and Spiderman on there team.

knock a skyscraper on her

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/xspiderman016207ok.jpg

Soleran
yeah that has to be one of the MOST retarded fight scenes since everyone knows the juggernaut and hitting him head on is STUPID! Secondly she used tk on him and not TP. He didn't even have a skull cap on at that time.

Don't get me wrong I liked Juggs in that especially without the armor that said Jean Grey has the tools to put down Juggernaut mentally.

By the way that was a retarded use of their powers against a guy that will not stop once in motion................retarded lol

You could post a million scans but at the end of the day Juggernaut has shown to be vulnerable to Telepathy, she's a super strong telepath and super strong telekinesis................more often then not she wins 8/10 Jean

soujaboy09
lol the whole X-Men team cant take him, but Jean can?

Well he took on Cable and the rest of X-Factor along with Spiderman, and thet ended up with a building on top of them.

Bedlam is a stronger telepath than Jean, and he overcame her attack on his mind. What she going to do when a building comes crashing down on her?

Soleran
Where is this building popping up at? Please don't reach for straws like that........................gah.

Cable and the X-Factor aren't Jean Grey and her abilities are they now? Apples to Apples please don't mix and match your comparisons.

Her powerset pretty much wrecks Juggernaut. Bedlam couldn't hit Juggernaut as hard when he was fighting the Templars becuase he had his helmet on and bedlam only had Telepathy and not Telekinesis. However that won't be a problem for Jean she has both and TONS of power and control over them.

soujaboy09
Cable has the same powers as Jean except that he is stronger, and the way Juggernaut got rid of them is by knocking a skyscraper on em. Thus he should be able to knock a building on Jean, and the comic never stated that Bedlam's attack was weakened because Juggernaut had his helmet on so we cant assume it.

bitca730
Either way Jean is going to eventually put down Juggs...or die trying...and come back to life...she is Phoenix...its a guaranteed victory...

Swanky-Tuna
Cable has the same powers as Jean except that he is stronger, and the way Juggernaut got rid of them is by knocking a skyscraper on em. Thus he should be able to knock a building on Jean, and the comic never stated that Bedlam's attack was weakened because Juggernaut had his helmet on so we cant assume it.
I'm pretty sure the Cable in those scans was the version that was basically Punisher with mild telepathic powers. The version everyone's talking about is the one that could lift that entire skyscraper and reassemble it telekinetically.

Besides, it's not like she'll have a lot of trouble blocking glass and wood with a tk shield. Or just fly out of the way of the slowly toppling building.

bitca730
My thoughts exactly...

The_Olympian
Soooooooooooooooooooooooooo what would happen if Jean simply levitated him into space? Just curious.. can he plow through a non-oxygenated environment?

I LOVE Juggernaut... and am not too fond of Telepathic characters.. But I don't see good old Cain winning this one..

StyleTime
Jean should win this about as easy as would win against Hulk....or any other large, pure phsyical combatant.

Soujaboy
I may be wrong, but I thought that since Juggernaut could take the whole X Men team that included Jean. I guess im wrong though, oh well.

Psyquis52
I'm inclined to agree with Soujaboy on this. I'm not a big a supporter of Juggernaut but I believe in supporting the facts and Juggernaut is too much for little ole Jeaney to handle.

bitca730
Well Jean's come a long way and is one of, if the most powerful telekinetic around...same goes for her telepathy as she is damn near if not passed the Professor in that department...

The_Olympian
I'm honestly tied on this one

Writers make Jean Damn powerful lately...

But Juggernaut is....... juggernaut!

Soujaboy
I see Juggernaut smashing in her brains with a streets pole, afterwards he has his way with her in froron of Cyclops. I could be wrong though

bitca730
If you see that...well...have you ever considered corrective lenses?

Soujaboy
Nah I was just playin

Swanky-Tuna
Originally posted by Soujaboy
I may be wrong, but I thought that since Juggernaut could take the whole X Men team that included Jean. I guess im wrong though, oh well.
Aside from his first appearance when there was only 5 x-men, when has Juggernaut taken out all of the x-men at once?

Soujaboy
Juggernaut could just do this

http://i38.photobucket.com/albums/e101/Soujaboy/generationx61098pv.jpg

The_Olympian
oh that's PIMP!

Swanky-Tuna
Would that even work on a high level telekinetic?

The_Olympian
why wouldn't it? Concussive force has no effect on her telekenisis..

outarddwarf
juggernaut wins!!!!!

GalacticStorm
Jean Grey 10/10 she can fly out of his effective fighting range whilst removing his helmet and skull-cap telekinetically before taking him out with a tp assault.
Jugg may be able to throw things but Jean will easily be able to deflect projectiles via shields

grey fox
Hand-clap owns....

GalacticStorm
Hand-clap owns....

If shes a sufficient distance away and with her shields up then his hand claps would be irrelevant. wink

GalacticStorm
Yep. Thats what i thought u muthas!!! eek!

Mr. Valentine
no, its not that man, its just no-one wants to argue with you for fear of suffacation under essays...stick out tongue wink

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Mr. Valentine
no, its not that man, its just no-one wants to argue with you for fear of suffacation under essays...stick out tongue wink

Theres no sufficient argument against that strategy. You couldnt counter that sh*t if you wanted to eek!

Swanky-Tuna
There's no need for an essay in this thread. Thank zombie Jesus.

Soleran
The Juggernaut goes down against Jean Grey!

newjak86
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Theres no sufficient argument against that strategy. You couldnt counter that sh*t if you wanted to eek! Quick question there GS just how do you think her telekinesis would remove the helmet last time I checked it still took alot of force to lift that thing off.
Jean may be able to but what guarantee can there be not much of one thats for sure plus how long would be able to keep this up I know her powers put a strain on her.

Soleran
Her powers strain her when she max's them, she has lifted damn near 100 tons with just her TK I sincerely doubt wether lets say a 5 ton effort to take off the helmet would even phase her........................and thats while she is flying and forming TK shields.

Jean Grey of old is gone where lifting street cones pushed her.............

newjak86
Her powers strain her when she max's them, she has lifted damn near 100 tons with just her TK I sincerely doubt wether lets say a 5 ton effort to take off the helmet would even phase her........................and thats while she is flying and forming TK shields.

Jean Grey of old is gone where lifting street cones pushed her............. No I'm saying that even 100 tons may not be enough to take the helmet off. 5 tons isn't taking off the helmet it doesn't just sit there you know it literally is bonded on by magic just not as strong as the magic that protects his body.

Soleran
Originally posted by newjak86
No I'm saying that even 100 tons may not be enough to take the helmet off. 5 tons isn't taking off the helmet it doesn't just sit there you know it literally is bonded on by magic just not as strong as the magic that protects his body.

lol I made up a number but show me anywhere that says Juggernauts helmet is so difficult to take off and the amount of effort it requiressmile Since your saying 100 tons may not be enough give me an idea of the amount of force or where it has been said whats required, please.

newjak86
lol I made up a number but show me anywhere that says Juggernauts helmet is so difficult to take off and the amount of effort it requiressmile Since your saying 100 tons may not be enough give me an idea of the amount of force or where it has been said whats required, please. Actually no said force has ever been shown and you just admitted you made up a number which well what is it then what can Jean lift huh. and can tell you one thing though it does take a lot of force and effort to do it which is why I didn't give out a number. Best I can tell you is this the Helmet has withstood up to Hulk's punches before took a headlong charge into a godforce blast with it on but the X-Men have found ways to get it off before but mostly as a group working to together which Jean has no one to help her this time.

bitca730
I've seen Angel, Nightcrawler, & Wolverine take off the helmet before... I don't think it would much of a challenge for Jean...and that Gen X pic doesn't prove much...none of the had any type of shield up...Jean has more than enough defense to win...

Soleran
lol Hulk has taken it off 2 times fairly easy. Newjack I made up a number for Juggernauts helmet to come off 5 tons, not a number of what Jean Grey can lift.

Once again Juggernaut goes down to his weakness and that would be Telepathy..............again.

newjak86
lol Hulk has taken it off 2 times fairly easy. Newjack I made up a number for Juggernauts helmet to come off 5 tons, not a number of what Jean Grey can lift.

Once again Juggernaut goes down to his weakness and that would be Telepathy..............again. Once again Jean must first get the helmet off only then could her telepathy help her which I don't know if she could being that the helmet is normally quite hard to take off for a team of X-Men and Hulk taking it off when angry should show just how hard it supposed to be to get it off.

batdude123
Originally posted by bitca730
I've seen Angel, Nightcrawler, & Wolverine take off the helmet before... I don't think it would much of a challenge for Jean...and that Gen X pic doesn't prove much...none of the had any type of shield up...Jean has more than enough defense to win...

^^^

Soleran
Uh huh yeah that looks like it was alot of effort there by Nimrod huh? Not really, it looks like even with that skull cap it didn't help that much. Now we are talking TP here not sonics but it does show the skull cap isn't as effective as his helmet and his helmet does come off easily enough wink

Soujaboy
I understand how Jean is going to get his helmet off, but how is she going to fly, put up a shield, and use Tk at the same time?

newjak86
Uh huh yeah that looks like it was alot of effort there by Nimrod huh? Not really, it looks like even with that skull cap it didn't help that much. Now we are talking TP here not sonics but it does show the skull cap isn't as effective as his helmet and his helmet does come off easily enough wink So is Nimrod really that weak though not really thats like saying oh look Collossus did something that must mean it didn't take much strength at all.
Yes Wolverine and Angel and Nightcraw;er have done it but I bet if Wolverine wasn't there then they couldn't have done it because they would have had no one to cut it off.
Suojaboy yes she could do all that at once she is very skilled with her powers.

GalacticStorm
Its a poor argument to try and say Jean wouldnt be able to get his helmet off, especially given the fact that a number of people considerably less capable than her have managed the feat. Jean would be able to do it and that shouldnt be in doubt the question is how many wins out of ten could she pull off against Jugg? In my opinion as she could quite easily evade and deflect Juggs attacks via her tk and due to his weakness against telepathy i see no reason why it wouldnt be 10/10.

newjak86
Its a poor argument to try and say Jean wouldnt be able to get his helmet off, especially given the fact that a number of people considerably less capable than her have managed the feat. Jean would be able to do it and that shouldnt be in doubt the question is how many wins out of ten could she pull off against Jugg? In my opinion as she could quite easily evade and deflect Juggs attacks via her tk and due to his weakness against telepathy i see no reason why it wouldnt be 10/10. Just the person I wanted to see GS exact;y how strong is Jean's telekenisis now?

Soujaboy
Also, every time she tried to take his helmet off or his skull cap couldn't he just push it back on?

She also cant get past his magic shield so why wouldn't he just walk around with that up?

newjak86
Also, every time she tried to take his helmet off or his skull cap couldn't he just push it back on?

She also cant get past his magic shield so why wouldn't he just walk around with that up? There is a reason I didn't bring the shield while it may help him I'm not to sure on the idea it could completely help him in this match.

bitca730
When saying that Angel, Nightcrawler, & Wolverine took the helmet off...I meant individually...(i.e. they the only ones to have gotten close enough) but together, I imagine it would be even easier to do for those three...

http://uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=96&page=2

newjak86
When saying that Angel, Nightcrawler, & Wolverine took the helmet off...I meant individually...(i.e. they the only ones to have gotten close enough) but together, I imagine it would be even easier to do for those three...

http://uncannyxmen.net/db/spotlight/showquestion.asp?faq=10&fldAuto=96&page=2 Your saying they did it by themsleves without other people to help them I bet not.
Nightcrawler would probably be the only being able to teleport and remove the helmet via teleportation.

GalacticStorm
Just the person I wanted to see GS exact;y how strong is Jean's telekenisis now?

Its stronger than Rachels as stated on panel and she can lift thousands of tons when pushed.

newjak86
Its stronger than Rachels as stated on panel and she can lift thousands of tons when pushed. And that all it takes right there Jean should be able to remove the helmet then maybe the shield could protect him but not sure so Jean wins.

GalacticStorm
Juggernaut no longer possesses a force field.

Jean wins 10/10

newjak86
Juggernaut no longer possesses a force field.

Jean wins 10/10 We've been debating with Classic Juggs wink

GalacticStorm
We've been debating with Classic Juggs wink

You may have chosen to do so however Classic Juggs was not outlined as the incarnation we should be debating about. As such it is current Juggs we should be taking into consideration. wink

newjak86
You may have chosen to do so however Classic Juggs was not outlined as the incarnation we should be debating about. As such it is current Juggs we should be taking into consideration. wink You know the unwritten rule on these forums if it isn't defined you use Classic its always been that was GS just ask Tron stick out tongue

GalacticStorm
You know the unwritten rule on these forums if it isn't defined you use Classic its always been that was GS just ask Tron stick out tongue

Thats not the case at all. If the incarnation is not outlined in the opening post then it is the current incarnation you debate about. Just ask Paola eek!

newjak86
Thats not the case at all. If the incarnation is not outlined in the opening post then it is the current incarnation you debate about. Just ask Paola eek! Thats for most other characters but not Juggernaut trust me this has been so since before I was here just Tron opr Paola if you want if your talking about Juggs and n specific one is pointed out you use Classic cool

The_Olympian
Juggernaut has ALWAYS stood up against the entire team of the X-Men... Why is it so hard to believe he can't stand up to one?

GalacticStorm
Thats for most other characters but not Juggernaut trust me this has been so since before I was here just Tron opr Paola if you want if your talking about Juggs and n specific one is pointed out you use Classic cool

Show me where thats outlined in the forum rules otherwise forgive me for not taking your word for it.

As it stands current Juggs has no force field and as such Jean would stomp him. eek!

newjak86
Show me where thats outlined in the forum rules otherwise forgive me for not taking your word for it.

As it stands current Juggs has no force field and as such Jean would stomp him. eek! As I said it is an unwritten rule if you want to ask Tron or Paola but trust me have I ever lied to you. embarrasment

Soleran
Its not an unwritten rule, thats why I constantly read "classic" juggernaut on most of his threads and its certainly not in the rules as to him being classic in his showings as the norm.

GalacticStorm
As I said it is an unwritten rule if you want to ask Tron or Paola but trust me have I ever lied to you. embarrasment

Ultimately its down to the thread maker. Current Juggs would lose 10/10

Im unsure about Classic because of his force field.

newjak86
Its not an unwritten rule, thats why I constantly read "classic" juggernaut on most of his threads and its certainly not in the rules as to him being classic in his showings as the norm. If you don't believe me ask Tron or Paola mostly Tron as he also goes into Juggs forums.
Yes it is down to the thread maker but they didn't specify so its Classic w/ Forcefield.

ixie
Ok im sorry i didn't specify what Juggernaut is in this fight. Since Jean is winning then it is the Classic more powerful shielded Juggernaut that is fighting.

GalacticStorm
Juggernaut has ALWAYS stood up against the entire team of the X-Men... Why is it so hard to believe he can't stand up to one?

Not in his current incarnation he has not. Thats the crux of the matter.

On top of that how events play out in comics arent necessarily how they should in debate where we dont factor in PIS/CIS.

newjak86
Not in his current incarnation he has not. Thats the crux of the matter.

On top of that how events play out in comics arent necessarily how they should in debate where we dont factor in PIS/CIS. Actually in his current form without armor he was fighting an Evil X-Men team including Jean in New Exacilbur and did really well until Prof X stepped in of course.
Since thread maker made it Classic well he has a shield now GS evil face

coosie
I believe Jean still wins. She's just too versatile and powerful for Cain.

Cosmic Flame
For the third time...

SHE HAS ALREADY GOTTEN THROUGH JUGGERNAUT'S HELMET!!!!! Why is there this constant questioning of whether she can or not when she's proven that she can? It's on panel. It's canon. She's done it. Period.

klintypooh
"sigh* Of the very few comics I actually own, there was one issue of Uncanny X-Men where Jean held back Juggernaut coming at her at full force while casually standing there with her arms crossed. This was a '96-97 comic I believe...I'm assuming this was classic Juggernaut and Jean wasn't possessing any Phoenix powers, as she was wearing her classic x-uniform (90's cartoon)...I'm just saying...it also had a danger room scene with Cyclops in it where Jean interrupted and they started making out...Juggs was attempting to enter the mansion through an underground sewer system if that helps anyone with the particular comic number...

Thanks to uncannyxmen.net, it was a July 1996 issue Uncanny X-Men #334

I understand people can misinterpret, but this is just a flat out lie. In the issue you mention, Juggernaut punks Gambit and Bishop, then waits for Jean to show up. She does, tells Cain she is no longer called Marvel Girl and is now called Phoenix again then attempts to hold him in place.

He tells her that isn't gonna be necessary as he isn't struggling and Jean thinks 'He's telling the truth, he's not putting up a struggle whatsoever'

He then takes off his helmet to demonstrate his sincerity and they have a walk in the sewers.

And scene.

bitca730
Jean still wins...she's grown consideralbly stronger since and Juggs has more or less stayed the same since that issue...

Swanky-Tuna
I understand how Jean is going to get his helmet off, but how is she going to fly, put up a shield, and use Tk at the same time?
In the crazy, overpowered world of Marvel, characters have learned to use more than a single ability at the same time.

In fact, since the time of never when only the highest level tk users could lift a 1 pound object AND move it left or right, a few almost omnipotent tk users have breached the 3rd dimension. One of them learned to lift a half pound object off the ground and move it backwards and forwards as well. It wasn't long after years of training taught this tk users that they could move in diagonals as well.

This tk died though after a 32 hour session of endurance and skill attempting to spin a pear. The pear reached 270 degrees before the master of telekinesis died of a brain aneurysm.

bitca730
Hahaha, thats funny I like that! When I first read if she was capable of multi-tasking...I was amazed and thought the poster was joking...I mean wow dude...of course she can levitate, put up a shield, and move objects at the same! I mean to a high level telekinetic, its like typing, chewing gum, and blinking simultaneously...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.