Wizard of Oz remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

allofyousuckkk
This would make so much money.....

I would rather they stopped with the bad remakes, but the right director could do wonders to this. I love the Wizard of Oz but the way the colors are drives me up the wall. I want to kill!!!!AHHH

Anyway, back to a remake, it should be done......

jaden101
i believe it's not going to be a remake of the old film but rather a retelling of the book...if i remember right, its not going to be a musical but actually quite a dark film

MildPossession
If that's the case Jaden101, I would be quite interested to see how the makers go about that.

Aurora
The original freaked me out so much as a kid I can't even watch it now... I don't think I am interested in a remake AT ALL! Esp. if they have flying monkeys, I get the chills just thinking about them.

thestyxcrossing
Wait...is this just a theoretical thing, or are they actually making one? The Sci-Fi channel mini-series not included cuz that's not Oz.

If it's theoretical...I've always wanted to be a filmmaker and the number one film I wanted to make was a retelling of the Baum novel. If I was to make it, it would be fairly dark...and nothing like the 39 film...as much of a classic as it is.

Dorothy would be a young girl, like she is in the novel first of all. And I think the story would progress with the backstory culminated in the "Wicked" novels in mind. The wizard would be a darker character, and the wicked witch would not be old and hideous.

I've been toying around with the idea for years and have so many images in my mind and things have changed from time to time. I toyed with the idea of making the tin-man a steam powered robot type character, (not futuristic looking but old-fasioned looking, think the big spider in wild wild west) and having the lion look like a regular lion, but one who could talk...that's how he is in the book.

I'd love for it to happen...but the chances of myself ever being involved in something huge like that in a creative position are of course really really slim.

Impediment
I would LOVE to see a modern day retelling of the Wizard of Oz.

I bet that it would be a dark film.

Solo
No.

Barker
Originally posted by Solo
No.

thestyxcrossing
No what?

Impediment
Originally posted by thestyxcrossing
No what?

Originally posted by Impediment
I would LOVE to see a modern day retelling of the Wizard of Oz.

I bet that it would be a dark film.

forumcrew
Kristen Bell for Dorthy?

Impediment
Dorothy was actually 8 years old in the book. Originally, Shirley Temple was going to be casted for the lead role, but didn't win because she had mediocre singing talents compared to Judy Garland.

soin2cal
A remake?
The original definitely is the one people are going to remember, therefore making a remake on the film, to me is just a little silly. I do not always agree with them, i do not think movies like this need to be remade.

jaden101
Originally posted by soin2cal
A remake?
The original definitely is the one people are going to remember, therefore making a remake on the film, to me is just a little silly. I do not always agree with them, i do not think movies like this need to be remade.

well given that the one everyone already remembers (the 1939 film) is a remake anyway...kinda makes you look silly...cause the original was made in 1910...another in 1921 which was never released...another in 1925...another in 1932...a cartoon version in 1933....a short version in 1938....all before the Judy Garland film

soin2cal
Make me look sillymessed I am only commenting on what i thought was being bought out yet again.
So nah.Maybe i misunderstood?
well i am refering to the movie with judy garland, so why would there need to be another one made yet againmessed? Thats what im basically sayingmessed

forumcrew
why? so some rich people can make more money.

Originally posted by Impediment
Dorothy was actually 8 years old in the book. Originally, Shirley Temple was going to be casted for the lead role, but didn't win because she had mediocre singing talents compared to Judy Garland.

If they want a kid then Dakota Fanning, but can she sing?

Kristen Bell does musical theater acting is why I choose her.

SnakeEyes
If they do a remake, it shouldn't be a musical, imo.

Impediment
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
If they do a remake, it shouldn't be a musical, imo.

If a remake happens, I'm willing to bet 100% that it won't be a musical.

soin2cal
Oh dakota would be great, however if she fit the partstick out tongue

botankus
Paris Hilton could play the Wicked Witch with no makeup required at all.

Lunch_Meat
Originally posted by jaden101
i believe it's not going to be a remake of the old film but rather a retelling of the book...if i remember right, its not going to be a musical but actually quite a dark film

gay. saying they're going to do a movie off of the book is just another way to say "REMAKE!" and it being dark? what the hell, i mean give me a break.

allofyousuckkk
i would prefer someone who looks something like judy garland, with the same outfit (kinda)

if ok to everything else being changed

except for Toto

I've never read the books, so I wouldn't know how dark it is

Solo
Originally posted by forumcrew
Kristen Bell does musical theater acting is why I choose her.
I love you for saying that.

queeq
I'd love to see (or make) a well-done adaption of the book Wicked, the Life and Times of the Wicked Witch of the West.
Great dark novel about the 'other side of the story'. Splendid book, kinda totally rocks the traditional WOZ.

I'm not in for a remake of the orginal, it's too great.

allofyousuckkk
if there were an adaption of wicked, it would be a musical, like the broadway show

allofyousuckkk
which was kickass beyond kickass

bakerboy
Totally unnessesary, the original was a true classic and doesnt need any remake.

smuller
Just saw the Trailer from Burton's "Alice in Wonderland" and WOW, wouldn't it be cool if he could do a remake of "The Wizard of Oz" with Johnny Depp as Scarecrow cool

alice-in-wonderland-movie-trailer.blogspot.com

jinXed by JaNx
I doubt that this movie will get made but if it does. I'd like to see del Toro Direct it.

siriuswriter
iiiiiiiiiiiick. the wizard of oz have inspired some more of the greatest musical stage work and literature. "wicked" has turned into a trio of books, with more coming...

it really wouldn't be much different from '39 if makers say "we're coming straight off the book." i have three originally published versions of other novels in the oz series, and it's so completely innocent and contain not very much slapdashery for cinema. when '39 added what it did - the flying monkeys, making dorothy '16' although garland was in her early twenties, leaving out an entire number - those changes were quite actually needed to take a rather blah book and turn it into something entertaining. the books read like a picture book, and "dangerous situations" always have a very easy solution. so... yeah.

i djust don't think it would be very good.

they did make a modern day-wizard of oz - "The Wiz" with Diana Ross and Michael Jackson - i would recommend that film to anyone who wants to see a different side.
it's just good.

oh yes, and don't forget the muppet version. she had the same dress - dinermacized, and still had a dog - which i think was actually the rat... i don't fully remember. my point is that big cinema wizard of ozes are past their prime.

get idina menzel and kirsten chenoweth back together and make Wicked!, though.

Steak Knife
Nah, I could see Guillermo Del Toro making a dark sick version of Wiz O' Oz. They'd have to give him full creative control though. I'd go see it.

jinXed by JaNx
really? You don't think he could find a balance on the lighter side of fantasy? I think his playfulness comes through in Hellboy. Btw...,noice steak knife.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by allofyousuckkk
This would make so much money.....

I would rather they stopped with the bad remakes, but the right director could do wonders to this. I love the Wizard of Oz but the way the colors are drives me up the wall. I want to kill!!!!AHHH

Anyway, back to a remake, it should be done......

Only if Tim Burton does it

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.