A question that needs an answer!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

SnakeEyes
For those who have played Knights of the Old Republic:

Okay, people, I've had a question that's been bugging me for quite some time. In KOTOR, if you create a black guy as your character and turn to the dark side later on... what does your character look like?

I mean, I've only played as a white guy, and they get paler... do black characters turn into Michael Jackson when they go to the dark side?

Pics would be nice, too.

Jonathan Mark
Dude he just turns a dark unhealthy gray.

Tarvos
Does he look anything like Michael Jackson at all?

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Tarvos
Does he look anything like Michael Jackson at all?

Nope.

SnakeEyes
So you're saying that black guys looks the same as white guys on the dark side? Because that's pretty lame.

Janus Marius
Here's a chance when I could really use access to my collection of pics...

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Janus Marius
Here's a chance when I could really use access to my collection of pics...

You work on sundays?

Janus Marius
Always. 1-6.

SnakeEyes
I expect some pics when you get back from work, Janus!

zephiel7
Here, I've got one

http://www.eve-files.com/media/09/mr_t.jpg

Janus Marius
Wow, incoming... Official screenshot of a black darth...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5418/15169w3sq.jpg

Teh corrupshun!!!111

Jonathan Mark
Wow, incoming... Official screenshot of a black darth...

http://img215.imageshack.us/img215/5418/15169w3sq.jpg

Teh corrupshun!!!111

Oh God...

zephiel7
That is perhaps the scariest thing I have ever seen. It makes me want to curl into a ball and cry...

Janus Marius
The sight, or the memories? lmao

Ganner Rhysode
This has been driving me crazy, too.

Janus Marius
You people need to find hobbies then. I didn't give it two thoughts.

SnakeEyes
Janus, would you happen to have some screenshots?

Is it our fault that our lives are that depressing?

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

laughing out loud

Janus Marius
Originally posted by SnakeEyes

lol

I wish I could, but I let a friend of mine borrow my copy and he never calls me anymore. Which is okay, because I have his copy of Icewind Dale II hostage.

zephiel7
Icewind Dale... bah

BG 2 was much better

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by zephiel7
Icewind Dale... bah

BG 2 was much better

I thought it was good. Although yes BG 2 was better in terms of storyline.

Janus Marius
BG 2 is much longer and has a better storyline, but Icewind Dale II had better character customization (I prefer third edition over second any day), and plenty of subraces. Plus I love the Icewind Dale area. Personally, they could have really made a hit of ICewind Dale if it had been longer and less Fedex quests.

Jonathan Mark
BG 2 is much longer and has a better storyline, but Icewind Dale II had better character customization (I prefer third edition over second any day), and plenty of subraces. Plus I love the Icewind Dale area. Personally, they could have really made a hit of ICewind Dale if it had been longer and less Fedex quests.

Yea... 3.5 is crazy... do you know they now have half human half mind flayers?

3.0 was better.

Janus Marius
WTF? That's stupid. Hell, I remember back during 2 they didn't even have playable anything from the Underdark, except on rare occassions players could play drow (If they had the Book of Elves).

But now everyone's a drow or mind flayer or friggin' svirfneblin. Or worse- they just dip into the Book of Faerun Races and become snow dwarves or eaglemen. Bleh. Ridiculous.

Jonathan Mark
WTF? That's stupid. Hell, I remember back during 2 they didn't even have playable anything from the Underdark, except on rare occassions players could play drow (If they had the Book of Elves).

But now everyone's a drow or mind flayer or friggin' svirfneblin. Or worse- they just dip into the Book of Faerun Races and become snow dwarves or eaglemen. Bleh. Ridiculous.

Blame it on Salvator... everyone want's to play as the imfamous Drow because he made them so damn popular.

Really I never played as a full fleged Drow myself. I always play as a half-elven Drow which was a Race I had to create myself since they had no rules for it.

Although there was that one time I played as an Aasimar.

zephiel7

They also have half elementals. I dont mind half dragon/half celestial/ or half fiend templates, but a half elemental? WTF?

I am serious, I LOVE the 3/3.5 ruleset, because 1) they got rid of the idiotic THACO system and 2) Damage resistance and magic resistance have been put in such a way that combat is more balanced.

Not to mention the amount you can customize your characters with the new multiclassing system... yeah 3/3.5 beats 2ned IMO.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by zephiel7
They also have half elementals. I dont mind half dragon/half celestial/ or half fiend templates, but a half elemental? WTF?

I am serious, I LOVE the 3/3.5 ruleset, because 1) they got rid of the idiotic THACO system and 2) Damage resistance and magic resistance have been put in such a way that combat is more balanced.

Not to mention the amount you can customize your characters with the new multiclassing system... yeah 3/3.5 beats 2ned IMO.

Genasis arent's that bad...

Ganner Rhysode
Wow, this got off topic fast.

Janus Marius
Things always do.

DarthMaul9123
i feel sorry for someone who has made their own fanpage of KOTOR....Addiction to video games my questionable anti-drug

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.