Ion vs Genis Vell

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

CaptainStoic
Who wins?

Marvel Boy
Who's Ion?

The_Olympian
my question exactly..

leonheartmm
ion DUH! you cant compare an upper cosmic with a being that can destroy a universe can you.

Darth Kal-El
Originally posted by Marvel Boy
Who's Ion? Originally posted by The_Olympian
my question exactly..

Well Parallax is a powered up version of Hal Jordan. Ion is a powered up form of Kyle Rayner. Basically Ion is Parallax except he's Kyle.

batdude123
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
Well Parallax is a powered up version of Hal Jordan. Ion is a powered up form of Kyle Rayner. Basically Ion is Parallax except he's Kyle.

Actually, he's more powerful than Parallax. He's omnipotent, and has the power of all 7,200 GL rings. He's on a whole other universe in terms of power than Genis-Vell, BY FAR.

batdude123
Originally posted by Marvel Boy
Who's Ion?

All you need to know is; Genis-Vell doesn't stand a chance. smile

Big Sexy
Didn't Genis go through a point to where he's on that level of power. I know he doesn't have it now but I could swear he did at some point.

batdude123
Originally posted by Big Sexy
Didn't Genis go through a point to where he's on that level of power. I know he doesn't have it now but I could swear he did at some point.

You mean when he was the Insane Genis-Vell character? He was really never on that level of power as Ion. no

Sixth_Winged
Originally posted by batdude123
You mean when he was the Insane Genis-Vell character? He was really never on that level of power as Ion. no

And what feat is this being based from?

batdude123
Originally posted by Sixth_Winged
And what feat is this being based from?

What in the hell has Genis-Vell done that puts him on the level of Ion? Ion is a being of the entire universe and has virtually limitless power. Insane Genis-Vell attempted to join the Asgardian gods which proves he's not on the same level of power. Do you even know what Ion is or capable of? (Not trying to be rude by any means) big grin

Sixth_Winged
What in the hell has Genis-Vell done that puts him on the level of Ion? Ion is a being of the entire universe and has virtually limitless power.

Killing Eternity.

What feat did Ion do to explicably mark him off as being out of Genis' league?

edit: yep, i've read the Kyle's stint as Ion as well.

batdude123
Ion is one with everything and doesn't have a set limit on his power. And besides, this isn't even Insane Genis-Vell we're talking about.

Sixth_Winged
Ion is one with everything and doesn't have a set limit on his power. And besides, this isn't even Insane Genis-Vell we're talking about.

Insane Genis is basically Genis-vell gone insane. There wasn't really any powerup attributed to his CG feats.

here's a respect thread by Thorion detailing his powers.

http://www.superherochat.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=104994

batdude123
Insane Genis is basically Genis-vell gone insane. There wasn't really any powerup attributed to his CG feats.

here's a respect thread by Thorion detailing his powers.

http://www.superherochat.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=104994

I understand that Genis-Vell is powerful. But realistically, he has no chance against Ion. no

The_Olympian
Genis-Velle Took on eternity and won. He is almost considered a god. And he did NOT try and become an asgardian, he tried to get them to bow down to him as the one true god. Genis Would make toast of Ion.

batdude123
Originally posted by The_Olympian
Genis-Velle Took on eternity and won. He is almost considered a god. And he did NOT try and become an asgardian, he tried to get them to bow down to him as the one true god. Genis Would make toast of Ion.

laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing hysterical Dude, you must have no idea who the hell Ion is, do you? There's no way Genis even comes close to beating Ion. no

bean_machine
laughing laughing out loud rolling on floor laughing hysterical Dude, you must have no idea who the hell Ion is, do you? There's no way Genis even comes close to beating Ion. no

Funny shit, and I agree, Ion would put a hurting on that *****.

batdude123
Originally posted by bean_machine
Funny shit, and I agree, Ion would put a hurting on that *****.

yes

Superherovandal
Ion with no trouble at all.

Validus
Genis killed Eternity with Entropy's help and Eternity wanted to die anyway.

Genis gets pooped on.

batdude123
Originally posted by Validus

Genis gets pooped on.

Hahaha poop! laughing

Big Sexy
I'm trying to catch up on a few comics, does anyone know the issues where genis fought the magus and when he fought Eternity?

S.S
Originally posted by Big Sexy
I'm trying to catch up on a few comics, does anyone know the issues where genis fought the magus and when he fought Eternity?
Check his respect thread....... wink

Big Sexy
Originally posted by S.S
Check his respect thread....... wink

thumb up but many of the comic numbers are missing

Thor Man
Ion 10/10

id369
Match Seems even. Genis became one with the Universe at one point.
He is not to be underestimated.

Big Sexy
Originally posted by id369
Match Seems even. Genis became one with the Universe at one point.
He is not to be underestimated.

I think because if the fight was the other way where he fights green lantern kyle, Kyle would get snuffed.

What are the comic name and numbers where Genis fights Eternity and the Magus? Only pics are in the respect thread.

Validus
Ion was one with everything too. Speaking of, the whole one with everything gimmick is probably the most overused "feat" out there when it comes to cosmics.

He never fought Eternity on panel so you won't find it.

Big Sexy
Ion was one with everything too. Speaking of, the whole one with everything gimmick is probably the most overused "feat" out there when it comes to cosmics.

He never fought Eternity on panel so you won't find it.

What about the Magus fight. The respect thread
only shows the pics.

Validus
Captain Marvel Vol. 3 #34

Big Sexy
thanks!

Sixth_Winged

Genis gets pooped on.

There's no proof that really. It has been referenced to in the succeeding NT issues where Melissa accidentally tap into his memories along with hints from the issue with his battle against Zemo that he is destined to do it again.

Unless there's been any confirmation, that would remain just a speculation.

Validus
There's no proof that really. It has been referenced to in the succeeding NT issues where Melissa accidentally tap into his memories along with hints from the issue with his battle against Zemo that he is destined to do it again.

Unless there's been any confirmation, that would remain just a speculation.
When Melissa saw him destroy all there is she was looking at the future. His insane period was never actually referenced in New Thunderbolts. Plus it's not speculation that Eternity wanted to die. It was said directly in the text. On panel, he never fought Eternity.

Furthermore, add up the other facts. King Thor sliced through his shield like butter. Ely had enough power to destroy a galaxy and Genis flat out said he couldn't match that. He was more powerful in New Thunderbolts as Photon with his time/space powers and still he had trouble dealing with Hyperion. That doesn't sound like a universe annihilator.

Sixth_Winged
When Melissa saw him destroy all there is she was looking at the future. His insane period was never actually referenced in New Thunderbolts. Plus it's not speculation that Eternity wanted to die. It was said directly in the text. On panel, he never fought Eternity.

Furthermore, add up the other facts. King Thor sliced through his shield like butter. Ely had enough power to destroy a galaxy and Genis flat out said he couldn't match that. He was more powerful in New Thunderbolts as Photon with his time/space powers and still he had trouble dealing with Hyperion. That doesn't sound like a universe annihilator.

Yes. That is true. But that just only supports the fact that he is able to kill Eternity solely instead of the theory of having extra help to do so.

http://img19.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_65663_melissa.jpg

http://img23.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_65668_melissa2.jpg

http://img44.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_65673_melissa3.jpg

http://img129.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_65678_melissa4.jpg

http://img12.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_65682_melissa5.jpg

-"Eternity wanted to die"

So we should dismiss the fact Genis was able to kill him because he wanted to be killed? He didn't commit suicide himself nor gave Genis a helping hand. Just because he didn't defend himself doesn't mean the feat of killing him isn't valid. Any lower being would fail to even make contact with Eternity much less kill him.

-"King Thor sliced through his shield like butter."

Well it looks like he didn't really push any effort into it and the hammer didn't even phase him when it did breach through his shields.

http://img134.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_01158_asgard5.jpg

http://img133.imagevenue.com/loc24/th_01216_asgard6.jpg

-"Ely was stronger, he flat out said that"

His son wasn't just a galaxy destroyer. He was sacrificing them to free the magus. He was threatening galaxies, but that doesn't mean that he was limited just to that. And if your gonna argue again that just because his son threatens the galaxy, look at scans above showing him his future and tell me if that Eternity is = to a galaxy.

Once again I ask, what reference do you have proving that Genis wouldn't be able to kill Eternity without his help?

Templares
My boy against ma' boy. Omnipotent against omniscient.

Ion in an all out battle, Genis in a regular fight.

Validus
Once again I ask, what reference do you have proving that Genis wouldn't be able to kill Eternity without his help?
The fact that he has trouble with a guy like Hyperion? That he got literally crushed to death by Atlas? That he lost to Zemo in his final appearance who is powerful to be sure but definitely not on a universal scale. That's pretty much all I need to convince me he isn't on a universal level of power.

-"So we should dismiss the fact Genis was able to kill him because he wanted to be killed?"

No. I personally dismiss it because it simply wasn't seen on panel. On panel evidence is clearly the only thing we can argue unless we wish to get into hypotheticals.

-"He didn't commit suicide himself nor gave Genis a helping hand. Just because he didn't defend himself doesn't mean the feat of killing him isn't valid."

Entropy, whose purpose is the destroy the universe, being there to help certainly calls into question the validity of such a feat. Granted, I don't know for a fact that he did help Genis and you don't know for a fact that he didn't which basically makes this my speculation versus yours. However, Genis other feats being on herald level at average and Thanos level at his absolute best is reason enough for me to doubt that he could destroy Eternity under his own power.

In New Thunderbolts he was linked to the first and second big bang which was causing reality to collapse. It wasn't his power but a side effect from the source of his power. He was basically draining the life force of the universe to fuel his own abilities. This power he got because of Zemo and Zemo alone. This was a power up he received so that doesn't bode well for the going solo against Eternity during the insane period.

-"Well it looks like he didn't really push any effort into it and the hammer didn't even phase him when it did breach through his shields."

Where do you get that from? If he was so confident in his ability to take a casual hammer toss from Thor, why did he feel the need to put up a shield in the first place? Why was Rick Jones worried about breaking the shield if Genis is so awesomely powerful?

-"His son wasn't just a galaxy destroyer. He was sacrificing them to free the magus. He was threatening galaxies, but that doesn't mean that he was limited just to that."

Actually I was mistaken. Here is Ely saying their combined energies would affect the galaxy at whole.

http://img161.imageshack.us/img161/9587/cmarvel24093fo.th.jpg

Here's Magus referring to the destruction of a galaxy

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/685/cmarvel24126lo.th.jpg

So yeah, neither of these guys are at galactic level by themselves. Ely wasn't destroying galaxies to free Magus. He was sacrificing solar systems. The combined energy of 5 star systems minus whatever was being used to free Magus was too much for him to handle. Why should I believe he then has enough to destroy all there is?

http://img198.imageshack.us/img198/6863/cmarvel23156wt.th.jpg

Validus
Originally posted by Templares
Ion in an all out battle, Genis in a regular fight.
confused

Anyways, Ion has cosmic awareness also as shown when he's operating all over the universe solving problems on multiple planets at once.

The_Olympian
Same reason he uses a gun instead of his cosmic blasts..

Lord Magneto
I just want to know, are we talkin Pre-Gardians Ion or after Infinite Crisis Ion. Cause Pre-Gardians Ion had the power of all but one Gardian. However, after Infinite Crisis Ion only has the added power he gave to Jade.

Validus
Originally posted by The_Olympian
Same reason he uses a gun instead of his cosmic blasts..
His gun channels his own energy though evidenced by the high level output beyond any other Kree's gun.

Originally posted by Lord Magneto
I just want to know, are we talkin Pre-Gardians Ion or after Infinite Crisis Ion. Cause Pre-Gardians Ion had the power of all but one Gardian. However, after Infinite Crisis Ion only has the added power he gave to Jade.
Either one wins. I could make a case for normal Green Lantern Kyle in this fight. If current Ion is at lowest, 2x GL levels, he's still uber.

S.S
Bah!!!!! and you said Genis would beat Hal............

Validus
Originally posted by S.S
Bah!!!!! and you said Genis would beat Hal............
I say he would beat GL Kyle too but it's not a stomp or anything. 6/10 against Kyle, 5 or 6 against Hal.

S.S
I say he would beat GL Kyle too but it's not a stomp or anything. 6/10 against Kyle, 5 or 6 against Hal.
cool

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.