Come Holy Spirit!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

svnthdysthsbbth
The power of the Holy Spirit is needed to chase away our unbelief and unchristlike attributes. We must see our need of a physician. We are sick, and do not know it. May the Lord convert the hearts of His workmen! When there is a converted ministry, then look for results. But we cannot convert our own hearts. This work can be done only by the power of the Holy Spirit. In every stage of the work let this be remembered: "Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the Lord of hosts."

Christ has promised to send us the Comforter, whose work is to establish the kingdom of God in the soul. When such abundant provisions of mercy, grace, and peace have been made, why do human beings act as if they regarded the truth as a yoke of bondage? It is because the heart has never tasted and seen that the Lord is good. The truth of the Word of God is thought by some to be a fetter. But it is the truth that makes men free. If the truth therefore shall make you free, ye shall be free indeed. The truth separates man from his sins, from his hereditary and cultivated tendencies to wrongdoing. The soul that cherishes the love of Christ is full of freedom, light, and joy. In such a soul there are no divided thoughts. The whole man yearns after God. He does not go to men to know his duty, but to Christ, the source of all wisdom. He searches the Word of God, that he may find out what standard he must reach.

Can we ever find a surer guide than Jesus? True religion consists in being under the guidance of the Holy One in thought, word, and deed. He, who is the Way, the Truth, and the Life, takes the humble, earnest, wholehearted seeker, and says, Follow Me. He leads him in the narrow way to holiness and heaven. Christ has opened this path for us at great cost to Himself, and we are not left to stumble our way along in the darkness. Jesus is at our right hand, proclaiming, I am the way; and all who decide to follow the Lord will be led in the royal path cast up for the ransomed of the Lord to walk in.

What kind of vessels are meet for the Master's use? Empty vessels. When we empty the soul of every defilement, we are ready for use. . . . When mind and heart are worked by the Spirit, when self is dead, the truth is capable of constant expansion and new development.

Luke 11:13

Gregory
Oh goodie. Because it's not like we've been preached to enough already or anythiing.

Shakyamunison
We are not sick.

AOR
Originally posted by Gregory
Oh goodie. Because it's not like we've been preached to enough already or anythiing.

I'm catholic, and even I don't see the need for this erm. It's people like these who are ruining our image...

Gregory
Well, what I don't understand is what this person is trying to accomplish? Does he imagine that the nonChristians of the board have just never heard of Christ before, and when we read this post by anonymous internet dude, we'll all suddenly see the light and convert?

(Your being Catholic probably wouldn't impress him very much, since he apparently believes that rosaries are evil Pagan symbols)

AOR
Well, what I don't understand is what this person is trying to accomplish? Does he imagine that the nonChristians of the board have just never heard of Christ before, and when we read this post by anonymous internet dude, we'll all suddenly see the light and convert?

(Your being Catholic probably wouldn't impress him very much, since he apparently believes that rosaries are evil Pagan symbols)

You see that's my main belief. People shouldn't come to see Christ, if they are seeking him, through word. They should see him through the action of those who follow his teaching's. By rambling on about prayers and sayings in the bible will surly not convert people alone.

Well I will admit, the purpose of the rosaries is to count as "prayer beads". Since in fact that is how they were used in Pagan times and the Catholic Church adopted the practise, I see no reason why a practical thing shouldn't be used in practical times.

BTW: For the record, the general dispositions of members towards me (especially of that of religion) is taken cum grano salis. I could very much careless of their opinion unless of course it's good honest criticism.

Shakyamunison
Well, what I don't understand is what this person is trying to accomplish? Does he imagine that the nonChristians of the board have just never heard of Christ before, and when we read this post by anonymous internet dude, we'll all suddenly see the light and convert?...

The short answer to your question is that this person so delusional in their blind faith that they do believe that when people read this they will be converted. And if they are not, it is not because the reader is smart enough to see through the manipulation, but because some mythological creature named Satan is stopping them.

Tarvos
A preacher feature! eek!

Scary...

debbiejo
Speak for yourself.....Thumper Bunny.....lol
laughing out loud

I would like to ask Thumper what she/he does on the 7th day?

Shakyamunison
I think svnthdysthsbbth is a girl.

debbiejo
I bought mine at K-Mart.....Blue Light Special..... huh

AOR
Originally posted by debbiejo
I would like to ask Thumper what she/he does on the 7th day?

I know I shouldn't but....laughing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.