Portrait of Ruin-is Konomi being a bit insensitive about the Holocaust?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Jello
Ok, so I love Castlevania.
and i'm jewish.

I find out recently the plot of the new Castlevania game-Portrait of ruin is taking place during world war II and has to do with two vampire sisters taking advantage of the evil and carnage around them to ressurect dracula.
Now, one of the subplots apparantly is that they are "saving" the souls of holocaust victims from limbo by making them rebuild Dracula's castle.

See, I find this offensive in two ways.
1.It's that old bullshit about unbaptized souls going to limbo
2.It's holocaust victims, jewish or otherwise being fooled and controlled by demons.

But it's castlevania so it'll probably be a masterpiece.

thoughts?

IcePunk
Konomi?! that's like saying Nintenglo or Microdroft or Napcom *laughs ass of*

MadMel
laughinglaughing...your probably right about the masterpiece bit...

PVS
yeah, i think that goes well beyond the boundaries of good taste.
while you seem to find it a bit offensive, i image many more will find it outrageously disgusting, as konami will probably learn soon. what the hell were they thinking? blink

Darth Jello
Well, the game is still in developement, so they can still change it. Besides, if they ever retooled and rereleased Legacy of Darkness, that one seemed like it was set during WWI or II much more than the 1860's anyway.

SaTsuJiN
japanese usually throw whatever looks and sounds cool in their games.. "devil may cry" is a good example.. where you kill "marionettes" with "Ebony and Ivory"

so even though the jewish cannot be associated with purgatory.. since the crucifix wards off vampires *for the most part*.. that'll be the religion associated with them.. the only logical way they could get an amount of people (storywise) numerous enough to construct draculas castle (since I'm assuming his castle is huge).. is by obtaining souls that fell victim to a genocide (then they can bs that they went to purgatory).. I suck at history so I dont really know of many genocides aside from the rape of nanjing and the holocaust...

I think art is art.. as long as the peices fit together.. however, though it be so... you have a right to be offended at what you choose to consider offensive

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.