Dr. Strange Vs Superman??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superman41082
What do you guys thinkg?

Milkie
Superman has no chance... NO CHANCE...

GODSCRIBE
Strange...he can willingly move at lightspeeds (probably faster). All he has to do is evade Superman for the most part and then cast a simple spell killing him. Or send him into another dimension. Too many ways for him to win here.

Strange 10/10

Milkie
Strange does not kill unless he has no choice

spideycarnage
spite thread, strange gets supes on his hands and knees with a magical gesture.

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Milkie
Strange does not kill unless he has no choice

True, but he could simply just will Superman's powers away like he did to Shuma Gorath.

Strange is crazy powerful.

Milkie
Yeah I know

superman41082
Supes has a chance though. While Strange is ridiculously powerful, he has to make a gesture or do something to make him go so fast, and Superman can do it at will. If Supes got a few quick blows on him, Strange wouldn't like it too much. Strange is awesome though!!!!

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by superman41082
Supes has a chance though. While Strange is ridiculously powerful, he has to make a gesture or do something to make him go so fast, and Superman can do it at will. If Supes got a few quick blows on him, Strange wouldn't like it too much. Strange is awesome though!!!!

No, I have a Guardians of the Galaxy comic where he just willed himself to move at lightspeeds.

RUNMAN
I think Strange would take this one

tiakocom
Originally posted by RUNMAN
I think Strange would take this one

man you THINK? lol strange wont win this one..hes gonna come after YOu for doubtin him..."jus JK" seriousely supes has no chance whats so ever i know DC loves to give their charac some mad powers upgrade but this one their golden boy is done for

S.S
Strange wins with any kind of prep without he gets speedblitzed.

Milkie
UM NO

Thunderstrike
SS, to be honest, Superman's speed isn't going to do him much. Speed is highly overrated in a fight. If Superman charges him, its Vapors of Voltob, or Crimson Bands of Cyttorak. This is very darn close to spite.

Dr. Strange wins 10/10

Mindship
At one time, I would've said Strange wins, 10/10. But there have been posts in other threads (I don't remember exactly which--probably the Superman Respect Thread), where Supes' weakness to magic (AND kryptonite AND red-sun radiation) no longer lays him out like someone just flipped a switch. I imagine his not-instant-weakness to magic is further illustrated by the fact that Superman has fought and beaten Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel, two very powerful, magically empowered beings. Strange is also quite ordinary and mortal in his nonmagical abilities, which also gives a smart-fighting Superman opportunities.

Strange wins 6/10. I wonder why Wizard rated Supes above him.

God I hate magic.

King KAM
strange doesnt lose.......10/10

Rick/Genis
Originally posted by Mindship
At one time, I would've said Strange wins, 10/10. But there have been posts in other threads (I don't remember exactly which--probably the Superman Respect Thread), where Supes' weakness to magic (AND kryptonite AND red-sun radiation) no longer lays him out like someone just flipped a switch. I imagine his not-instant-weakness to magic is further illustrated by the fact that Superman has fought and beaten Wonder Woman and Captain Marvel, two very powerful, magically empowered beings. Strange is also quite ordinary and mortal in his nonmagical abilities, which also gives a smart-fighting Superman opportunities.

Strange wins 6/10. I wonder why Wizard rated Supes above him.

God I hate magic.

there is a HUGE difference between fighting a magically powered being and fighting someone who solely uses magic.

Mindship
I wonder why Wizard rated Supes above him.

"(SUPERMAN) VS. DR. STRANGE: We see Supes having a lot more trouble with Doc than with Spawn, simply because Doc's a sorcery veteran. But even if he bounced off an initial deflective shield, no way can Doc get a bead on him for a direct attack. A superspeed delivered punch or zap of heat vision wraps up the fight in under a minute."

From that Wizard Top 10. Not sure if I agree with this assessment, either. Certainly not the "under a minute" part.

Milkie
Go to Doctor Stranges Respect Thread and you will understand

Mindship
Go to Doctor Stranges Respect Thread and you will understand

I took a quick look.

No doubt the thread is biased, but--Hokey Smokes! Looks like Wizard shoulda made Strange top dog. This guy should be clobbering Thor and Surfer. I'm sure both have tangled with the Doc.

Thunderstrike
Doc Strange is no joke. Wizard just doesn't do their research. Also, Spawn would have kicked Superman's ass as well.

leonidas
doc is a . . . strange (heheh) character. he does indeed have loads of great showings, but at other times he has seemed emmanently beatable. he's beaten some big names, but been shown to be decisively below many of them as well -- mephisto and satannish are just a couple who have been shown to be far beyond him at times. hell, enchantress and the executioner beat the crap out of him.

i like strange, but he often acts the part of plot device. he would likley win these via bfr if nothing else. it's not one of those fights that's a real good match, and it's hard to see supes winning. his best bet would be to use speed and pound away at strange's shields. the doc HAS been shown to have limited stamina in many cases, and if supes could last long enough to tire doc out, he could get him. that's his only shot, realistically. i doubt even t-vo would work.

Juntai
Originally posted by leonidas
doc is a . . . strange (heheh) character. he does indeed have loads of great showings, but at other times he has seemed emmanently beatable. he's beaten some big names, but been shown to be decisively below many of them as well -- mephisto and satannish are just a couple who have been shown to be far beyond him at times. hell, enchantress and the executioner beat the crap out of him.

i like strange, but he often acts the part of plot device. he would likley win these via bfr if nothing else. it's not one of those fights that's a real good match, and it's hard to see supes winning. his best bet would be to use speed and pound away at strange's shields. the doc HAS been shown to have limited stamina in many cases, and if supes could last long enough to tire doc out, he could get him. that's his only shot, realistically. i doubt even t-vo would work. Why couldn't Supes do like he did to the magic user of The Elite in issue 775, when he just breathed and collapsed his lungs?

Mindship
...i like strange, but he often acts the part of plot device...

That's why I hate magic. It's too off-the-cuff for me.
And what does "BFR" mean?

Juntai> That's what I'm saying. Supes has fought magical foes, no? And he's come out victorious. That's why I don't give Strange a clean sweep.

And has Strange fought Thor? Who won?
Has Strange fought Surfer? Who won?

(I'm figuring he fought a weakened Galactus, though not to minimize even that feat).

leonidas
Originally posted by Juntai
Why couldn't Supes do like he did to the magic user of The Elite in issue 775, when he just breathed and collapsed his lungs?

thing with strange is that his shields can be said to stop pretty well anything. part of the . . . ugliness of this fight stems from the fact that if supes DOES get to touch him or interact physically with strange, for the briefest instant, he would utterly kill strange. but i'm just wondering if supes COULD get a hand on him. there is evidence to both support AND refute the 'auto-shield' theory for strange. no auto-shield, a blitz is viable. if shields are up, supes COULD still weaken them by battering them at high speeds (as hulk did once) and tire doc out to get a win -- IF he can avoid strange. but strange's spells often act over an AREA, as opposed to needing to strike an opponent, so avoiding strange might be tough. i also think that to compare supes v dc magic users isn't a great comparison in this PARTICULAR case, only because he would have had to face and defeat dr fate to have claimed a win over someone as proficient at magic as strange is -- and i'm not sure supes has ever faced down fate, let alone defeated him. fighting magical beings (asmodel, blaze, etc . . .) is a little different than fighting someone like strange, imo.

but don't misunderstand -- i'm not saying supes loses because of his supposed weakness -- i'm saying strange can beat MOST in the same way he'd beat supes.

oh, and mindship -- bfr is battlefield removal.

oops -- and he's never really fought thor to the best of my knowledge, though i believe he removed (briefly) the enchantment on his hammer. he also fiddled for a breif time with haindering the odinpower, i think. strange himself (on 2 separate occasions) has acknowledged the surfer as superior to himself in power, but i don't belive they have officially tangled. perhaps he meant in terms of 'personal' power, but surely strange as the ability to accumulate power (via prep) that would push him well past ss.

and in one instance it was a VERY weakened galactus that he caused to flee -- the other time (when he knowcked g down) was 'average g', but the spell did ZERO damage, just knocked the big guy over for a moment.

Accel
According to Long Pig, Strange's shields are always up, except for when the plot demands them to be down.

And I would have to say Strange wins, but not because of the 'magic weakness' thing. Strange is just uber. In fact, I would place him in the 'Can beat just about anybody' category right up there with Flash.

Avalonofthewind
thing with strange is that his shields can be said to stop pretty well anything. part of the . . . ugliness of this fight stems from the fact that if supes DOES get to touch him or interact physically with strange, for the briefest instant, he would utterly kill strange. but i'm just wondering if supes COULD get a hand on him. there is evidence to both support AND refute the 'auto-shield' theory for strange. no auto-shield, a blitz is viable. if shields are up, supes COULD still weaken them by battering them at high speeds (as hulk did once) and tire doc out to get a win -- IF he can avoid strange. but strange's spells often act over an AREA, as opposed to needing to strike an opponent, so avoiding strange might be tough. i also think that to compare supes v dc magic users isn't a great comparison in this PARTICULAR case, only because he would have had to face and defeat dr fate to have claimed a win over someone as proficient at magic as strange is -- and i'm not sure supes has ever faced down fate, let alone defeated him. fighting magical beings (asmodel, blaze, etc . . .) is a little different than fighting someone like strange, imo.

but don't misunderstand -- i'm not saying supes loses because of his supposed weakness -- i'm saying strange can beat MOST in the same way he'd beat supes.

oops -- and he's never really fought thor to the best of my knowledge, though i believe he removed (briefly) the enchantment on his hammer. he also fiddled for a breif time with haindering the odinpower, i think. strange himself (on 2 separate occasions) has acknowledged the surfer as superior to himself in power, but i don't belive they have officially tangled. perhaps he meant in terms of 'personal' power, but surely strange as the ability to accumulate power (via prep) that would push him well past ss.

and in one instance it was a VERY weakened galactus that he caused to flee -- the other time (when he knowcked g down) was 'average g', but the spell did ZERO damage, just knocked the big guy over for a moment.

Well said, Blaze did try to transmute Superman through magic, in a dimension where she is practically invincible. Supes shrugged it off through willpower. When he wasn't ready, CM knocked out Supes with magic filled punches, however, when possessed, SHAZAM himself firing magical lighting didn't finish off the very same body. When against Thor, the hammer hit him pretty hard when he wasn't aware, when he was aware...he caught it...same thing with Viking and his enchanted AX.

Supes got good a good chance. Much better than most give him.

leonidas
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
Supes got good a good chance. Much better than most give him.

i'd certainly agree with that -- especially the last part. wink

Mindship

Thanks.

Strange stick out tongue that these guys haven't fought.

That's what I've been saying.

Avalonofthewind
i'd certainly agree with that -- especially the last part. wink

Supes has got a good chance. Much better than most give him.

Ooops, that's what I meant.. smile

I forgot to mention, Dominus power is both magical and cosmic. Before he bacame what he is currently, he was an extremely capable sorcerer...and we saw what some Torquasm Vo did in THAT situation.

leonidas
big grin

UniOmni
I hate T-Vo with an unholy passion. From the depths of my bitter, tainted soul. It's worse than superman knowing Martial arts. Goes against the concept of Superman.

Avalonofthewind
Originally posted by UniOmni
I hate T-Vo with an unholy passion. From the depths of my bitter, tainted soul. It's worse than superman knowing Martial arts. Goes against the concept of Superman.

You know what would be hilarious? If Superman beats SBP prime using T-Vo. Even precrisis characters would shake their fists at him for it...it's one power even THEY didn't have...
laughing

UniOmni
It just seems to be so blatantly slanted in his favor......Thats what turns me off so much about it. Plus, Superman being a reality manipulator makes it that much harder to buy his defeats. Not quite psychic, but not magic either?? But somehow trumps both?? All based on willpower right?? Bet the GLs wished the Guardians had taught them this powerful ability. The cheapness of it is ghastly, and the plothole it creates is even worse. Straight outta a Precrisis SilverAge comic.

Mindship
Originally posted by UniOmni
It just seems to be so blatantly slanted in his favor......Thats what turns me off so much about it. Plus, Superman being a reality manipulator makes it that much harder to buy his defeats. Not quite psychic, but not magic either?? But somehow trumps both?? All based on willpower right?? Bet the GLs wished the Guardians had taught them this powerful ability. The cheapness of it is ghastly, and the plothole it creates is even worse. Straight outta a Precrisis SilverAge comic.

That's kinda how I feel about magic.
I hate magic.

grey fox
I like magic if done correctly , Eg Captain Marvel or Black Adam.

Wally West
This is so not a spite thread like some are claiming. Dr. Strange has been knocked out or had his ass handed to him by beings lower than Supes before (although I know that of course anytime Strange has ever been hit it must be PIS or CIS as theres no other explination for it roll eyes (sarcastic) ).

This fight is a lot closer than many of the initial replies insist.

Eternity
Dr strange wins this fight because he is just too powerful supes would not touch him and then strange would finish him off

UniOmni
I don't mind magic being a dues ex machina. Its magic. Something that can't be explained or understood. Breaks all the rules and creates problems. Hence the definition of the word magic. The unknown. Actually, i hate the fact that Cap and BA can't fire powerful magic blasts from their eyes or hands or something. Not enough magic.

Thunderstrike
You know what would be hilarious? If Superman beats SBP prime using T-Vo. Even precrisis characters would shake their fists at him for it...it's one power even THEY didn't have...
laughing

They had the Batkick though. Truth be known, Superman has beaten magical foes before, but there's magical, then there's so crazy with magic it's not even funny. Dr. Strange is so crazy with magic it's not even funny. I'd give Strange 8/10.

leonidas
Originally posted by Wally West
This is so not a spite thread like some are claiming. Dr. Strange has been knocked out or had his ass handed to him by beings lower than Supes before (although I know that of course anytime Strange has ever been hit it must be PIS or CIS as theres no other explination for it roll eyes (sarcastic) ).

This fight is a lot closer than many of the initial replies insist.

heheh. can you say nebula with a . . . ray gun!! in a ss issue. i'll try and post the scan if i can find the issue . . .

a ray gun! so much for auto-shields . . .

laughing

Accel

leonidas
absolutely, but some refuse to believe strange has low showings. his most consistent showings are NOT the ones where he battles warlock and the gems . . .

superman41082
Ok, we are talking about Superman here. Superman is as sure-handed a hero you'll find, extremely resourceful. I know he's vulnerable to magic, but not more than anyone else. It's just that he doesn't have any powers that counteract magic, so he's just like anyone else, however, he's still invulnerable. Whatever Strange throws at him, he's still Superman, and Strange is definately beatable.

I'd compare this to a tall boxer vs a wrestler/grappler. As long as the boxer can keep the wrestler at bay, he'll be able find a knock-out punch somewhere, but if the wrestler gets in close, it's all over. Supes is fast! Really fast, and he knows he's vulnerable to magic. When he realizes this guy is a magic extraordinaire, he'll be looking to end it quickly, and could definately do so.

I'll pick Superman, just because he's Superman. If it was another hero with Superman's powers, like a Gladiator, I'd choose Strange, but Superman is too resourceful for Strange. Strange's problem is that he's not been in enough fights. He's used to smiting people without difficulty, but whenever you're up agains Superman, you'd better be ready for a fight. Strange would be lost after he realized Supes won't go down easy.

S.S
How is Speed overrated......confused
Supes is faster then the speed of thought Strange can't counter that he gets knocked on his ass game over.People tend to forget that Strange is just a human with human reflexes and such.Strange can get knocked out by flying elbows,a stray bullet whatever(LP knows what I'm referring to)Strange would need some sort of Prep to win.Please don't bring up that non-sense of a auto shield....... roll eyes (sarcastic)

RUNMAN
Superman is just SUPER enough to beat Dr. Strange. The difference lies in the name. Super vs. Strange, who would you pick? Superman is always super and as such cannot be beaten...

juggernaut66666
I'll go with strange

Milkie
Speed IS overrated

SUPERMAN IS OVERRATED

I mean hes a good guy but he is ruined by fanboys.

They always say "Oh, Well... Superman is so fast he can just use speed to take him out" or something that is WAY out of character like "Superman just punch his head off and that's it" "Superman just blow up the whole planet and he wins"

I mean come on be real you NEVER see him do those things every freakin day. Sure he uses speed but he does not speed blitz like every freakin episode of Dragonball Z.

RUNMAN
Superman can do anything that's why he's Super in the first place. He is the greatest and most powerful hero of all time. He is super-intelligent, super-strong, super-fast, super-everything. How can you beat that?

Milkie
STFU NOOB

badabing
Superman is Superman. Read up on Strange. wink
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Doctor_Strange_%28Stephen_Strange%29

S.S
Originally posted by badabing
Superman is Superman. Read up on Strange. wink
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Doctor_Strange_%28Stephen_Strange%29
Are you telling me to read up on Strange?........ confused

grey fox
Originally posted by RUNMAN
Superman can do anything that's why he's Super in the first place. He is the greatest and most powerful hero of all time. He is super-intelligent, super-strong, super-fast, super-everything. How can you beat that?

Fanboy

badabing
I'm not telling anybody to read anything. It seemed a few people on this thread were less than informed. Trust me, if I call somebody out, they will know it.flex

stick out tongue

Milkie
Originally posted by badabing
I'm not telling anybody to read anything. It seemed a few people on this thread were less than informed. Trust me, if I call somebody out, they will know it.flex

stick out tongue

People Like RUNMAN

S.S
Runman?? who's that and why are people even paying attention to him?

badabing
People Like RUNMAN wink

Milkie
Originally posted by S.S
Runman?? who's that and why are people even paying attention to him?

I don't know... I... don't... know...

confused

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.