I, Jedi? Aiye!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Volundro Ramm
(People probably have already posted threads about this book as it originally came out in 1998, but i had to start this post this after reading it.)

As i needed a filler book to read while waiting for NJO:Traitor to hit the book shops i decided to go back to the old Bantam releases that i hadn't read. About two years ago i picked up "I, Jedi" by Micheal A. Stackpole and after reading a few pages i put it down a bit unimpressed and a bit dissolusioned with it being entirely written in the 1st person. And so time passed i got caught up in the NJO bug and forgot about all the old novels. That is until about a month ago when i decided to pick "I, Jedi" up again and give it another go.
After reading it, i can sum up a review in one sentence:-"Holy f*ck! What a great f*cking book!!!" This has to be one of the most underrated EU books ever. Granted the cover art is sh*t, but once inside - you don't want it to come out. This is the only EU book i've read were i've actually felt like proper Star Wars again. And also the only EU book i've read were i truly didn't want it to end.
It may sound lke i'm kissing this books arse, and hey i might be, but if you consider yourself a Star Wars EU fan you have to read this book. As for the 1st person thing, Stackpole brings it off superbly well for the whole 577 pages.
Corran Horn is now probably my favourite EU characters, and definately my favourite Jedi in EU(forget the Solo kids).
Again, if you haven't read this and your a Star Wars EU fan, read it.

finti
I closed it quick it sucked like 90% of the EU books I`ve read.

LanceWindu
Like he said, he thought it was going to suck so he put it down, but then he picked it up again and he loved it.

Try reading the whole thing before you give it a bad review.

I also loved this book.

The beginning was boring, but then it got interesting with the whole Corran's wife being taken and him going to the Jedi Academy.

Volundro Ramm
The face of on Yavin 4 between Corran Horn and Exar Kun was brilliantly written.

LanceWindu
It was too short IMHO.

Volundro Ramm
IMHO?

LanceWindu
In My Humble Opinion

finti
I did give it a second chance and it sucked then too

LanceWindu
You couldn't have possibly finished it in that short amount of time.

Volundro Ramm
I thought t was long enough, although maybe a bit rushed at the end.

Julie
I read this book awhile ago...I thought it was ok. It was probably one of the first EU books I'd ever read. I did enjoy it alot, but I still like NJO better.....however I, Jedi did give interesting insight into the character of Corran Horn...

finti
I started on it many months ago mr Brain roll eyes (sarcastic)
Tried to pick it up a cuple of times but it sucks and I hate to read books in I form

LanceWindu
So do I, but this book was great for being in 1st person.

Julie
so what would you rate this book as on the scale of 1-10?

finti

Corran
The book was good but should have gone into more details in the Duel when I kicked Exar Kun's butt, the ending was disappointing too, didn't like having the blame for the planets destruction, but hey you get over these things.

Julie
I think the reference to that battle was only meant to be an elaborate allusion to another work....my guess is that the full description of the battle is probably in the Jedi Academy trilogy.

GordonSkywalker
I, Jedi is a great book! It manages to consolidate the events chronicled in the three novels of the Jedi Academy series(Jedi Search,Dark Apprentice , and Champions of the Force), and introduce a brilliant character from the X Wing books,and give him his own personal crusade that takes up about half of the story(not counting the time he spends at the academy).

Julie
It was good...a bit weird b/c of the first person pov but it was entertaining

GordonSkywalker
I enjoyed it too, Julie. That is one heck of a novel! The first-person narrative was a little bit annoying,though. All in all, a terrific book!

Julie
I read this book a few years ago, but I do remember disctinctly that I enjoyed it.....Corran Horn is a cool character....not my personal fav but a good character anyway

daRK jaCEN
Hey this wasn't such a bad book people!? compared to crystal star it was brilliant!!! Michael Stackpole is one of the best EU writters around and this one was pretty good considering it was written only from the eyes of the doubtful corran horn. To those who read it once and dropped the book, i'd suggest you really read it slowly and not the speed reading way. Each book has its own flaws though and seriously, if you can only look at its flaws your not so good a reader as you once thought. No harm meant or anything, it's just that these books are pretty decent you really just have to go beyond

Julie
I read it...awhile ago....and I have so much other stuff I want to read I doubt that I shall ever read this beek again...if I find it on tape I may listen to it, but I'll stick with just knowing that I liked it the first time around

GordonSkywalker
I read Crystal Star and enjoyed it. At last a Star Wars novel with a self-contained storyline! It was pretty exciting stuff,especially with Luke and Brakiss.

Julie
Crystal Star....hmmm...I thought it was ok, but I know plenty around here despise that one.

GordonSkywalker
How do they feel about Darksaber?

Julie
Haven't read it I don't think......at least I can't remember it if I did....so if I did it didn't make that much of an impression on me:-)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.