Thing VS Thor (without hammer)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GodofThunder
WHo wins

batdude123
Thor 10/10. Even w/o the hammer, he's still pretty damn uber.

superman41082
I agree Batdude. Thor would certainly smite the crap out of Ol' Ben. Although I love Ben.......

Hey, quick q, Thor can control the weather without Mjolner right??

drwerwer
wasnt ther a tread just like this but with wolverine amyways i think thor will manage it off kinda easily

drwerwer
Originally posted by superman41082
I agree Batdude. Thor would certainly smite the crap out of Ol' Ben. Although I love Ben.......

i always thought it was the hammer that allowed him to control weather

superman41082
Originally posted by drwerwer
i always thought it was the hammer that allowed him to control weather

It probably at least helps, but I mean, he's the god of Thunder and Lightning, not the hammer. Does anyone know?????

Grimm22

Yes, Ben would probobly lose, but not without a fight of course.

Without the hammer, it would be a pretty even match. I would say that Ben loses but not without getting in his shots.

Thor 6/10

badabing
Thor wins most of the fights. 9/10 Ben gets a lucky shot.

drwerwer
yea ben might get a few puches in

superman41082
Originally posted by Grimm22
Yes, Ben would probobly lose, but not without a fight of course.

Without the hammer, it would be a pretty even match. I would say that Ben loses but not without getting in his shots.

Thor 6/10

6/10 is quite liberal, even for a Ben Grimm fan. I'd say 19/20, or never. In fact, probably never.

Grimm22
Originally posted by drwerwer
yea ben might get a few puches in

A few? Hey Ben almost beat Thor in arm wrestaling once. Almost

Grimm22
6/10 is quite liberal, even for a Ben Grimm fan. I'd say 19/20, or never. In fact, probably never.

ok fine fine fine

8/10

badabing
A few? Hey Ben almost beat Thor in arm wrestaling once. Almost
If it was Ben vs Petr then I would say Ben, but IMO, Thor is in a different league.

Thunderstrike
Thor's gonna take this, though he'd rather just box Ben. They have a mutual respect for one another. Bloodlusted, Thor's taking it 10/10.

Grimm22
Originally posted by badabing
If it was Ben vs Petr then I would say Ben, but IMO, Thor is in a different league.

As much as I wish that wasnt true and I wish it used to be the old way (The way Jack Kirby made it). Your right currently Thor is in a higher leauge than Ben, but still I dont think it would be a massacere.

badabing
As much as I wish that wasnt true and I wish it used to be the old way (The way Jack Kirby made it). Your right currently Thor is in a higher leauge than Ben, but still I dont think it would be a massacere.
Ben would have a decent showing, but Thor is just Thor. sad

Darth Kal-El
This is a good battle. Better than Thor w/Mjolnir. However, I must hand it to Thor 7/10. He's had hundreds of years of fighting experiences

snoopdogg
If it was Ben vs Petr then I would say Ben, but IMO, Thor is in a different league. Are you refering to Colossus?

If so lets discuss it here.
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=396291&from=thread&pagenumber=3#post6192104

Lucid Lui
Thor wins a vast majority.

GodofThunder
Who knows the site where you can find out heros lifting abilities and feats.

Mindship
I've asked in another thread to see pics of him doing so, or official/canon text stating he can do so. I've yet to see either

I'm with you. In the old days, Ben was Number 2, right behind Hulk, and Thor was number 3. In those days, Ben was stronger, could hit harder; he just wasn't as nimble as Thor or as battle-trained.

superman41082
Ben would have a decent showing, but Thor is just Thor. sad
Very well put. Ben would fight his heart out and I would salute him, but, it's Thor. Ben would probably get some good shots in, but I dont' know if he could ever put Thor down. I think Thor just comes out on top unless Ben gets unbelievably lucky, even then, I just don't know.

(Off topic) Does anyone know if Thor can control the weather without Mjolner????

(Off topic) How is Mjolner actually pronounced. Isn't it Ol' n' er' ????

leonidas
hey ms -- the hammer refines his weather control, but he can use it sans hammer. he summoned lightning to strike hercules in issue 4 of the blood oath ltd series. he was fighting herc h2h, and his hammer remained sheathed in his belt the whole time. he was about to black out (herc caught him in a choke hold) when in desperation he summoned the lightning to take herc out. it's true the hammer was on his person, but it was also clear it played no part in the display.

badabing
I believe he can still control weather and I believe it's pronounced mall-nare. Thunderstrike knows better than I do.

Wynndar
Lets see how Grimm holds up against herc in next month's issue of his comic? If he draws against Herc doesnt that mean some people have to concede Grimm has a chance w Thor w/o Mjolnir?

batdude123
I believe he can still control weather and I believe it's pronounced mall-nare. Thunderstrike knows better than I do.

In the movie, Thor pronounced it Myolneer.

superman41082
Originally posted by leonidas
hey ms -- the hammer refines his weather control, but he can use it sans hammer. he summoned lightning to strike hercules in issue 4 of the blood oath ltd series. he was fighting herc h2h, and his hammer remained sheathed in his belt the whole time. he was about to black out (herc caught him in a choke hold) when in desperation he summoned the lightning to take herc out. it's true the hammer was on his person, but it was also clear it played no part in the display.

That's what I figured. Mjolner gets the Steve Nash award in this case(assists). Gotcha, so is it Ol'ner'????

leonidas
That's what I figured. Mjolner gets the Steve Nash award in this case(assists). Gotcha, so is it Ol'ner'????

that's actually not an easy question. if you check around, you'll likely find a few different aural translations. i think the most accurate translation would be something odd like MUTE--l--near. the double 'LL' is suppposed to be pronounced as the english 'TL'. that, anyway, is what i learned from a norwegian! you'll see it pronounced my--OLL-ner as well. in my own head it's an easy amalgam -- MALL--near.

for what all of THAT is worth. big grin

leonidas
that's actually not an easy question. if you check around, you'll likely find a few different aural translations. i think the most accurate translation would be something odd like MUTE--l--near. the double 'LL' is suppposed to be pronounced as the english 'TL'. that, anyway, is what i learned from a norwegian! you'll see it pronounced my--OLL-ner as well. in my own head it's an easy amalgam -- MALL--near.

oh, and i'm not sure i'd give the hammer an assist in this case. that was thor, coast-to-coast. wink

The Fake Macoy
If this is a straight up fist fight, so Thor doesn't use his energy abilities, than I say that he'll win this at least 9/10. Thing will put up a good fight, but he's outclassed here I'm afraid.

superman41082
oh, and i'm not sure i'd give the hammer an assist in this case. that was thor, coast-to-coast. wink

LOL

superman41082

Riiiiiiiight. So, you're saying the best way to say it would be; ll'near.

(Yeah, this confusion is why I asked the question)

leonidas
Riiiiiiiight. So, you're saying the best way to say it would be; ll'near.

(Yeah, this confusion is why I asked the question)

ll-near would be fine if you want to forget about the pesky norwegian diphthong at the start of it! stick out tongue

MUTE--l--near: straight from a norwegian's mouth! (if you choose to believe those sly norway-ganders . . . shifty )

oh, and thor wins, btw. bengy'd get in some good licks though . . .

guy222
thor

CaptainStoic
I thought that it was pronounced Mole - Near. Thor beats the hell out of Grimm.

llagrok
Thing would get in a lot of good punches, but he would never win. Thor's superior in every way and can create lightning without his hammer.

Thor beat Durok the demolisher with nothing but his hands, that was pretty impressive..

Terryc250
Thor owns him, i'd say Thor is more strong, and Thor is a much more skilled fighter

Tony Stark
Originally posted by llagrok
Thing would get in a lot of good punches, but he would never win. Thor's superior in every way and can create lightning without his hammer.

Thor beat Durok the demolisher with nothing but his hands, that was pretty impressive..

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/durokdml.htm

Not so impressive... You might as well say THOR beat Blastaar w/o his hammer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blastaar

The THING's done that too and he didn't need no stink'n hammer either. stick out tongue

Blastaar>Durok 8/10

This is a stalemate at best.

spidey-dude
thor is still class 100 without hammer and ben is class 80 so thor wins easy even without hammer

llagrok
Originally posted by Tony Stark
http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix/durokdml.htm

Not so impressive... You might as well say THOR beat Blastaar w/o his hammer.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blastaar

The THING's done that too and he didn't need no stink'n hammer either. stick out tongue

Blastaar>Durok 8/10

This is a stalemate at best.

Very so impressive.

Durok had the Surfer and Thor beat back in the day :/
Blastaar wouldn't stand a fuc*ing chance against Durok, he can't even handle some Phalanx.

iceman24567
Thor wins 7/10.

Dark-Jaxx
Thor picks Ben up and rocks him to sleep.

llagrok
Originally posted by iceman24567
Thor wins 7/10.

How does Ben get 3?

iceman24567
How does Ben get 3? I knew you would say something from pure dumb luck?

llagrok
Originally posted by iceman24567
I knew you would say something from pure dumb luck?

3 out of luck?

Dark-Jaxx
Ben must have some really badass luck.

iceman24567
3 out of luck? Yeah why not? The most hideous guy can get layed by a sexy chick at least 3 times out of ten right? mad

Priest
The Thing won't get one win.

RSSR
The Thing would be HORRIBLY out-matched in this fight.

It would be like selecting someone who posted a comment in this three page thread to be thrown into the ring with a UFC fighter.

Dark-Jaxx
Originally posted by RSSR
The Thing would be HORRIBLY out-matched in this fight.

It would be like selecting someone who posted a comment in this three page thread to be thrown into the ring with a UFC fighter. I would kick their asses.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by spidey-dude
thor is still class 100 without hammer and ben is class 80 so thor wins easy even without hammer

confused

Ben is CL100 FTR...

spidey-dude
confused

Ben is CL100 FTR... if ben is class 100 then why he always gets his butt kicked by hulk or anyone else thats 100 ? you just want him to be 100 cause we got another FAN BOY on our hands here

severance
Even if Thing is class 100 now he is low down on the class 100 scale whereas Thor is right at the top. Ben is a good fighter but I think Thor is better, he is faster and more experienced he is a warrior born. Thor ftw 99/100

hunbu04
the are class 100 like wonderman,colossus,atlas and the are people beyond class 100 + like hulk,thor gladiator,hercules, and Beta ray.

Tony Stark
Originally posted by spidey-dude
if ben is class 100 then why he always gets his butt kicked by hulk or anyone else thats 100 ? you just want him to be 100 cause we got another FAN BOY on our hands here

roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you knew anything about what your talking about, it might help. HULK becomes the highest of CL100 after a period of time. And Ben has got 3-4 wins against him over the years. Ben has beaten and/or stalemated many more CL100's then he has been beaten by. A small and incomplete list of CL100 Ben has won against and or stalemated (He has also lost to some of these too) Herc (tie), HULK(won/lost), THOR(tied/lost), WM(won), Namor(won/lost), Atlas(won), Dragonman(won), Wrecker(won), Blastaar(won), Destroyer Armor(won)...etc. And Ben is CL100 because of his many feats on panel, along with it being stated clearly in the initiative Avengers that he was.

wink

llagrok
Many class 100s have beaten or stalemated the Hulk.

The Thing is a class 100 in my opinion.

Thor still wins 10/10

ultimatethor
Thor wins hands down. Out of 1 thousand he should not even lose once.
Afterall without the hammer he can still do the Godforce blast and even physically ben is no match

severance
roll eyes (sarcastic)

If you knew anything about what your talking about, it might help. HULK becomes the highest of CL100 after a period of time. And Ben has got 3-4 wins against him over the years. Ben has beaten and/or stalemated many more CL100's then he has been beaten by. A small and incomplete list of CL100 Ben has won against and or stalemated (He has also lost to some of these too) Herc (tie), HULK(won/lost), THOR(tied/lost), WM(won), Namor(won/lost), Atlas(won), Dragonman(won), Wrecker(won), Blastaar(won), Destroyer Armor(won)...etc. And Ben is CL100 because of his many feats on panel, along with it being stated clearly in the initiative Avengers that he was.

wink

3-4 wins against the Hulk please name when. I can only think of one when lumpy ugly thing beat grey hulk. Blastaar is not class 100 (more like 50), wrecker is variable between cl 10 and cl 100. The destroyer armour is quite a feat didn't know about this one do you have scans?

llagrok
Originally posted by severance
3-4 wins against the Hulk please name when. I can only think of one when lumpy ugly thing beat grey hulk. Blastaar is not class 100 (more like 50), wrecker is variable between cl 10 and cl 100. The destroyer armour is quite a feat didn't know about this one do you have scans?

Most of Tony Stark's feats are horribly out of context.

severance

That's what i thought but I was politely trying to say I don't believe half of what you wrote.

Battlehammer
Ya Tony not a good source to trust.

Thor stomps Thing all over the place.

Tony Stark

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whatever...

Blastaar
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Blastaar

I guess lvl. 6 is CL50 now...? embarrasment

An non-sharing Wrecker is CL100 for those of you who didn't know.

Ben beating The Destroyer Armor is from FF #172

As far as The HULK goes Hard Knocks talks about one of the wins, one vs. Grey. For the remaining ones I'll have to get those issues out.

Anything else let me know?

Thimble did I hear you say something?

Erik-Lensherr
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Whatever...

Blastaar
http://www.marvel.com/universe/Blastaar

I guess lvl. 6 is CL50 now...? embarrasment

Did you just use the Marvel.com site to support your views ?

Tony Stark
Originally posted by Erik-Lensherr
Did you just use the Marvel.com site to support your views ?

Dude your like a stalker. Yes I know it's not concrete. And part of it is done by voting from fanboys like yourself. And they've got characters all over the place on there, with their lvls.

Do you have some sort of Quick-Crete info against Blastaar not being CL100...? Please post it if you do.

Endrict Nuul
Thor 10/10

Mr. Slippyfist
Thor breaks down Thing so bad...

iceman24567
This thread is funny.

Endrict Nuul
Maybe add Colossus to help Thing out again?

spidey-dude
roll eyes (sarcastic)

wink every fight ive seen been vs hulk or anyone 100 ben loses ive looked up his bio and says hes class 80 for your information you just want every character that has high strength to be 100 i can see

Darth Martin
Thor should win every time. He's probably a better fighter and his strength is up there with DC characters.

Grammaton
Unquestionably Thor 9/10.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.