Just how old is James Bond meant to be?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

steverules
20's, 30's or dare I say his 40's?

amity75
He's a Commander in the Navy so that would have to make him early 40's.

NoFate007
I've always pictured Bond to be around 35. Gives him a lot of experience, but he's not an old man running around banging every woman he winks at.

johnny cash fan
i disagree, bond does bang every woman he sees.
id say he looks in his late 40s or early 50s.

kalsolar
According to Ian Fleming, James Bond is supposed to be a man constantly in his mid to late 30's

jason krugger
...arround 35.....!?!

Darth Kreiger
Technically he is in his mid 50's, the first one was placed in the what? 50's, 60's. He was at LEAST 20 in Dr.No, he could very well be freaking 70!

Praylu
Originally posted by NoFate007
I've always pictured Bond to be around 35.

Nogoodnamesleft
IIRC part of the novels' plot for the character was that he was actually in WW2, but he lied about his age. But he could be at least 75 by now if he was in the war, even if he was only 15 when he was in it.

In Fate's Hands
Originally posted by amity75

so what if he is a commander in the army there is a type of class you can take as a teen called NJROTC with that you could be a commander in your mid 30's or early 30's

Fianchettoer
Bond's about 40 b/c yes, he's a Commander in the Navy. Also, he hasn't banged EVERY woman...I don't think he tagged Pussy Galore, am I right?

grey fox
Meh , I back up the Theory that James Bond is just a code-name , ergo every different actor is a different bond/age.

bakerboy
About 35-40, by Ian Flemming in person.

NoFate007
Originally posted by grey fox
Meh , I back up the Theory that James Bond is just a code-name , ergo every different actor is a different bond/age.

So they all just happened to marry Tracy? lol

vintageSW77
The Bond age thing has always popped my head...is it the same Bond or what?
It doesnt make sense.

Hwoarang
Its a film. It doesn't have to.

bogen
he's an old man, deal with it

vintageSW77
and theres me thinking its all for real
OH SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

vintageSW77
and theres me thinking its all for real

crickey77
I would say 35 -40??

Mr Parker
Originally posted by amity75

that sounds about right.

Aquitaine
He should be about Connery's real age now.
Meant to be the same man from Dr. No to DAD. Craig's films reboot the series, so he's the exception.
I used to view them as 007 being an agent name and number passed from one new agent to the next, but too many references to his personal past negate that for most people.
Still, someone once said when it comes to continuity, take what you want and leave the rest. So I do.
Leiter's comment about 007 being married once in LTK carries more mystery and intrigue when you haven't seen (or ignore - not the same thing really) OHMSS first.

Fireon
he's always been 28 ! but if calculate like we calculate our age...then it's more than 80! lol!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.