Mr. Mxyzptlk vs. the Living Tribunal

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Two extremely powerful characters fight. Since usually Mr. Mxy uses his uber powers for pranks, for this fight he's extremely bloodlusted and he'll do anything to take down LT. LT is bloodlusted as well.

batdude123
I think Mr. Mxy has a good chance at taking this fight.

Darth Kal-El
Of course Living Tribunal. He helped TOAA built the universe. He is second to power only to TOAA.

batdude123
Originally posted by Darth Kal-El
Of course Living Tribunal. He helped TOAA built the universe. He is second to power only to TOAA.

Yes, but Mr. Mxy is a 5th dimensional imp and is above all the confines that our 4th dimensional has to offer.

Xplosive

He helped TOAA to bulid universe, how, I don't remember.

Anyway, Mr. M... is joke to Living Tribunal.

batdude123
Originally posted by Xplosive
He helped TOAA to bulid universe, how, I don't remember.

Anyway, Mr. M... is joke to Living Tribunal.

I know Mr. Mxy is just portrayed as a jokester in the comics, but do you actually know what he's capable of? And he's bloodlusted as well.

grey fox
Originally posted by batdude123
Yes, but Mr. Mxy is a 5th dimensional imp and is above all the confines that our 4th dimensional has to offer.

...and LT works for god , as soon as that midget steps into our dimension he is accessible by god . Hell i think he's accessible even if he wasn't in our dimension.

God PWNS Mxy...

Darth Kal-El
What's with the whole dimensional thing? what is that? but anyways LT pwns because he is second to God. And Mr.Mxyzptlk isn't omniscient and unbeatable. Superman has tricked Mxyztptlk into saying his name backwards. Therefore, LT should be able to do the same. Making him say his name backwards

batdude123
What's with the whole dimensional thing? what is that? but anyways LT pwns because he is second to God. And Mr.Mxyzptlk isn't omniscient and unbeatable. Superman has tricked Mxyztptlk into saying his name backwards. Therefore, LT should be able to do the same. Making him say his name backwards

Fine, in this fight, LT cannot make Mxy say his name backwards.

Milkie
Spectre

Mxy was left almost powerless after Day of Vengeance

grey fox
Originally posted by Milkie
Spectre

Mxy was left almost powerless after Day of Vengeance

Shazam !!!!

There apparently mxy is now a powerless midget....

Thunderstrike
LT wins. Why? Because God says so.

superkronick92
mxy jumped out of the comic and pimp slapped the writers

dman2008
I really don't think its going to be that easy LT needed God's help to recreate the Universe

Joker with 99.99% of Mxy's power destroyed the the universe and then rebuit it again to his liking effortlessly .

http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman583p208em.jpg
http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman583p214tl.jpg
http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman583p221tc.jpg

as seen in the emperor joker storyline

batdude123
Originally posted by dman2008
I really don't think its going to be that easy LT needed God's help to recreate the Universe

Joker with 99.99% of Mxy's power destroyed the the universe and then rebuit it again to his liking effortlessly .

http://img107.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman583p208em.jpg
http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman583p214tl.jpg
http://img530.imageshack.us/my.php?image=adventuresofsuperman583p221tc.jpg

as seen in the emperor joker storyline

Hells yeah! You tell em' dman! Happy Dance

S.S
Mxy feats>>>>LT's feats
LT hasn't done or shown anything that would imply that he'll cubstomp Mxy.

batdude123
So everybody who posted before dman, SS, and superkronik, do you believe me now?

Jvenom
The Living Tribunal is from Marvel. Mr. Mxy. is from DC so this is hard to compare. In Marvel The Living Tribunal is second only to TOAA and no one else. Marvel has never said a being from a higher dimension can play with lower dimensions like toys. So in there fight you have to apply both DC's and Marvel's rules without taking away power from neither. If they fight Mr.Mxy can still be a higher being that can do what he wants in the Marvel dimension but The Living Tribunal is still the second most powerful being. In the end they should have about the same power level but The Living Tribunal is much smarter and this can give him the win.

Thanos_6383
LT..

LordKaos
LT operates on a multiversal scale, all dimensions exist within the multiverse. Just because he has been approached by third dimensional beings does not make him so, the dimension the imps live may be 5th dimensional, but it is still part of the multiverse. In all existence there is only one LT. And his purpose is not to help in creation, but to maintain balance as judge jury and executioner to things of a metaphysical nature that threaten the grand design as a whole.

Mider
LT isnt the spectre his powers dont go up and down his power showings are pretty lame the biggest thing he has done is hold a phoenix avatar in his hands not that big a feat since xorn can kill a pheonix avatar, beside that he ran away from a battle with korvac he wanted nothing to do with him, korvac had the power of like 6 cosmics then the entire planet earth and a few celestials and LT tried destroying him but Korvac countered it and LT said is he beyond even my judgements? There is nothing more i can do i must leave you all to die he didnt say those exact words but he minus well have order and chaos where expecting him to save them and they said nah there are other orders and chaoses out there so he wont save us. wow what power am i saying myx pawns him yeah he can he destroyed multiverses in his fight with batmite.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by Mider
LT isnt the spectre his powers dont go up and down his power showings are pretty lame the biggest thing he has done is hold a phoenix avatar in his hands not that big a feat since xorn can kill a pheonix avatar, beside that he ran away from a battle with korvac he wanted nothing to do with him, korvac had the power of like 6 cosmics then the entire planet earth and a few celestials and LT tried destroying him but Korvac countered it and LT said is he beyond even my judgements? There is nothing more i can do i must leave you all to die he didnt say those exact words but he minus well have order and chaos where expecting him to save them and they said nah there are other orders and chaoses out there so he wont save us. wow what power am i saying myx pawns him yeah he can he destroyed multiverses in his fight with batmite.

http://www.qsradio.com/Regular%20Crimp%20Tool.jpg

LT wins.

illadelph12
Tribunal.

Mxy's just a goofy Scarlet Witch with infinitely more control, and thanks to that damn cartoon Gilbert Godfrey's voice. Wanda re-wrote a universe also. Franklin Richards created numerous universes.

LT is analygous to the Spectre.

illadelph12

If you actually read that comic and had common sense you'd know that:

1)Tribunal didn't attack Korvac directly.
2)Korvac never stood up to LTs power, he protected himself (allegedly) from a supernova caused by LT.
3)Shaper of Worlds and the Abstract Death were also on the scene, so there is no way of definitively saying Korvac was the power that shielded Earth from the supernova.
4)Korvac had the power of 6 cosmics at the time.
5)It was a What If?, so even though there is only one LT, the story must be looked at in the proper context. I read a What If? where Galactus crashed to Earth and became Elvis. What Ifs? don't mean a damn thing to someone with common sense.

LT wins.

Thunderstrike
Mider? Read a comic? The day he does that is a sign of the apocalypse.

Darth_Erebus
LT takes this one with ease.

Brutacus
yes LT wins this

Mider
if you knew anything youd know that what if's do count if the LT is present there is only one LT over the entire multiverse when he makes an apperence it has to be him or youd say that there are alternate versions and second off if you call running away makes him more powerful your the one who needs to study up.

Thunderstrike
if you knew anything youd know that what if's do count if the LT is present there is only one LT over the entire multiverse when he makes an apperence it has to be him or youd say that there are alternate versions and second off if you call running away makes him more powerful your the one who needs to study up.

http://www.maxwell.syr.edu/paf/images/Tools/tool%20belt.jpg

LT still wins.

illadelph12

1) Please use punctuation.
2) Please utilize your powers of reading comprehension before making an ignorant post.
3) Please read #5 from my previous post again.

Read it very slowly.

I addressed that there is only 1 Living Tribunal.

I'm not disputing that fact.

What I'm disputing is the context this fact is being taken in.

By premise, What Ifs? are plot driven stories where the writer is allowed to take A LOT of liberty with established characters and throw canon feats, continuity, and the established power hierarchy to the way side.

I've seen AOA Wolverine slash open the Silver Surfer.

I've seen Galactus as a rock star.

Hell, I've seen zombies eat the Silver Surfer and Galactus.

They could write a "What if Bucky was the TOAA?" comic tomorrow and he could pull Living Tribunal out of his blue cod-piece.

Any comic book reader with common sense can see these books for what they are.

A DC Stan with an agenda would be to blinded by misguided enmity for all things Marvel (and Living Tribunal), and wouldn't be able to see the forest for the trees.

Tribunal blew up a sun, Korvac survived it (either by his own power, or by Death's power, or by Shaper of Worlds power, it's not known how), and then LT left because blowing up the sun didn't work and he had other things to do.

That's all that happened.

Frickin Gladiator can survive a Supernova. Maybe he can beat LT too. thumb down

Living Tribunal would beat Mxy.

Sorry DC Stans of the world. I'm not drinking the Bat-Kool Aid.

superman41082
Say the fight is in the 5th dimension. What happens then? How does the Tribunal fare there????

Mider
those things dont matter galactus may be a rock star in another dimension but there is more then one galactus there is only ONE LT to say that the LT did not in fact chicken out would be saying that he indeed is not multiversal and that that was another LT who was a weakling. and thunderstrike go **** yourself

Thanos_6383
Has the LT ever done battle with anyone besides Dr Strange?

grey fox
Originally posted by superman41082
Say the fight is in the 5th dimension. What happens then? How does the Tribunal fare there????

Still PWNS him ....

those things dont matter galactus may be a rock star in another dimension but there is more then one galactus there is only ONE LT to say that the LT did not in fact chicken out would be saying that he indeed is not multiversal and that that was another LT who was a weakling. and thunderstrike go **** yourself

http://www.pcbypaul.com/wpclipart/tools/tools_color.png

LT still win's , now stop being ignorant it's affecting other members..

Mider
your the ignorent one where in an offical marvel bio does it state the LT being omnipatent and what feat has he done that even comes close to anything the spectre has done, the spectre beats fifth dimension imps but still has trouble IT the LT was as strong as he said the Imp could just place him in an area that would cause severe havak to escape from like the imps did the spectre, and mr M has destroyed multiverses the LT is not beyond that power he is not even beyond the power of six cosmics if you have a feat that proves the LT is omnipatent please bring it fourth because its not true that he's omnipatent, he has trouble fighting dr strange and even was defied by him later oh wow what omnipatent power, even spectre may have had trouble with dr fate but later he said he was stronger the second time when he fought nabu the source of fate's power.

Thunderstrike
your the ignorent one where in an offical marvel bio does it state the LT being omnipatent and what feat has he done that even comes close to anything the spectre has done, the spectre beats fifth dimension imps but still has trouble IT the LT was as strong as he said the Imp could just place him in an area that would cause severe havak to escape from like the imps did the spectre, and mr M has destroyed multiverses the LT is not beyond that power he is not even beyond the power of six cosmics if you have a feat that proves the LT is omnipatent please bring it fourth because its not true that he's omnipatent, he has trouble fighting dr strange and even was defied by him later oh wow what omnipatent power, even spectre may have had trouble with dr fate but later he said he was stronger the second time when he fought nabu the source of fate's power.

http://www.qsradio.com/Deluxe%20Crimp%20Tool.jpg

grey fox

Did i state he's omnipotent. No .

Tool

Brutacus
Living Tribunal

Classification: Abstract entity

Nationality: Inapplicable

Place of Birth: Inapplicable

Occupation: Abstract entity, acting guardian and judge to safeguard the multiverse from imbalances of mystical forces. It will act to prevent one universe from amassing more concentrated mystical power than another, or to prevent a dangerous imbalance between "good" and "evil" mystical forces within a single universe.

Known Relatives: Inapplicable

Affiliations: None

Extent of Education: Inapplicable

Base of Operations: Inapplicable (the Multiverse)

Distinguishing Features: The Living Tribunal is a conceptual being who embodies the principles of balance and justice and who manfests itself to Earth humans as a gigantic humanoid being with yellow skin whose head has three faces and floats above his shoulders, unconnected to them. The three faces represent three sides of the Tribunal's personality. The front face, through which it usually speaks, represents equity. The fully hooded face on the right side of its head stands for necessity. The half-hooded face on the left side of its head stands for just revenge. Beneath the veil over the back of the head there appears to be nothingness. The Tribunal's hands and feet do not have seperate appendages. Its body lacks sexual organs. A bright light shines from its chest. It is not known wheter this is the Tribunal's true form, or if it even has a true form. The form described above may be merely that of a "manifestation-body" (M-body"wink representing the Tribunal.

Powers: The entity known as the Living Tribunal possesses near-omnipotent powers, the full range and extent of which remain incomprehensible to people of Earth. He possesses an intellect that can survey and study the entire multiverse at once and evaluate the extraordinary amounts of information he thereby receives. The Living Tribunal is a vastly powerful humanoid entity who has existed as long as the universe itself, and whose function is to safeguard the multiverse (the continuum of alternate universes) from an imbalance of mystical forces. Possessing untold power, the Tribunal will act to prevent one of the universes from amassing more concentrated mystical power than any of the others, or upsetting the cosmic balance and threatening the other universes. The Tribunal will also act to prevent a grave imbalance between the mystical forces allied with good and those allied with evil within one universe.
Height: Inapplicable
Weight: Inapplicable
Eyes: Energy emiting
Intelligence: Immeasurable
Strength: Incalculable
Speed: Possibly unlimited
Stamina: Immeasurable
Durability: Totally indestructible
Agility: Metahuman
Reflexes: Metahuman

Abilities: Virtually everything the Living Tribunal sets his will to can be done.

Paraphernalia: Inapplicable

History: The Living Tribunal was created by what some call the Supreme Being. The Living Tribunal seems to be the most supreme being or power in comprehension and has the power to do anything short of its master, whom it calls The One Above All. The Living Tribunal's purpose is to safeguard a number of Multiverses from imbalance and cosmic threat. The Tribunal, like many cosmic beings, uses manifestation bodies either of its own creation or from the universe of manifestations so it truly does not have to be at a specific place, but is rather represented. The true form of the Living Tribunal exists everywhere and does not obey the laws of alternate realities.

Usually the Tribunal leaves matters involving a mystical imbalance affecting only Earth's universe to be monitored by the universe's abstract entities Lord Chaos and Master Order, and to be dealt with by their creation, the In-Betweener.

The Tribunal is willing to obliterate an entire inhabited planet to safeguard an entire universe or the multiverse itself, and is fully capable of doing so by an exercise of his own power. One of the most powerful beings in the multiverse, the Tribunal can turn a star into a supernova with a single force bolt.

The Living Tribunal manifests itself as a being with three faces which represent the three sides of the Tribunal's personality. Its front face, through which it usually speaks, stands for equity. The completely hooded face on the right side of its head represents necessity and the half-hooded face on the left side stands for just revenge. All three sides of the Tribunal's mind must be in agreement when judging a case requiring possible action before the Tribunal can intervene.

The Living Tribunal's first known encounter with a being of Earth was with Earth's sorcerer supreme Doctor Strange. To whom he threatened to destroy Earth inless Strange would put an end to the recent outbreak of evil magical power.

He engaged in battle with Nebulos. When he received some minor aid by Doctor Strange he spared Earth from destruction.

He later met the Galadorian spaceknight Rom and the vastly powerful extradimensional Beyonder.

Confronted the Silver Surfer and the Stranger. This encounter ended with the Tribunal making the Surfer briefly one with the universe.

He then attended Eon's funeral.

The Tribunal was petitioned by Eternity to take action against the Infinity Gauntlet wearing Thanos. But Eternity was refused. Later the Tribunal judged Adam Warlock unfit to wield the Infinity Gauntlet. He ruled that the Infinity Gems were never be able to be used as one. It was Galactus who petitioned against this ruling, he was refused.

LT wins

Mider
great bio to bad it didnt mean squat when he fought korvac ever read the comic? he set out to stop korvac and failed sorry pall but your proof isnt proof enough my proof is on panal.

Thunderstrike
great bio to bad it didnt mean squat when he fought korvac ever read the comic? he set out to stop korvac and failed sorry pall but your proof isnt proof enough my proof is on panal.

No, your "proof" is speculation. Your "proof" is in your own head. Sorry, but there is no Mider Comics where Gog, Deathstroke, Doomsday, and the Spectre go around dancing like morons saying "we r sakay faders!" over and over again. Until you come up with some sort of scans or issue numbers, you're nothing but a tool.

Brutacus
Well there is not much pics from the LT around, so even to start a topic with him in it is kind of pointless, I mean marvel stats he's in top 5 most powerfull character in the marvel univers.

And you want proof people can't give you, because there aren't enough pics or comics where he is in, where he shows his true power.

I mean iff that is the case even Hulk or someone els could beat the LT just because there issn't enough proof around to show what he can do.

So I say it's pointless but reading the bio, without PIS.

LT should win

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by LordKaos
LT operates on a multiversal scale, all dimensions exist within the multiverse. Just because he has been approached by third dimensional beings does not make him so, the dimension the imps live may be 5th dimensional, but it is still part of the multiverse. In all existence there is only one LT. And his purpose is not to help in creation, but to maintain balance as judge jury and executioner to things of a metaphysical nature that threaten the grand design as a whole.

True indeed. yes

While im no LT fan and i do not believe he is omnipotent or the most powerful force in Marvel, it is true that as a multiversal being he has jurisdiction over all dimensions in Marvel. DC since the first Crisis tends to see things in terms of the universal so people here hear how Mxy comes from the 5th dimension and see how he can mess around with people from DCs main universe and assume he'd be able to come and do that to beings in Marvel. Not so. no

The multiverse of Marvel encompasses all marvel dimensions (just like if DC talked in terms of the multiversal then Mxys dimension would be accounted for) and LT is the appointed judge and jury of it.

Just look how Spectre was able to render Mxy powerless. Why? Because Spectre is a force that has jurisdiction over all of DC creation as per the wishes of Yahweh and DC creation encompasses Mxys 5th dimension.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by illadelph12
If you actually read that comic and had common sense you'd know that:

1)Tribunal didn't attack Korvac directly.
2)Korvac never stood up to LTs power, he protected himself (allegedly) from a supernova caused by LT.
3)Shaper of Worlds and the Abstract Death were also on the scene, so there is no way of definitively saying Korvac was the power that shielded Earth from the supernova.
4)Korvac had the power of 6 cosmics at the time.
5)It was a What If?, so even though there is only one LT, the story must be looked at in the proper context. I read a What If? where Galactus crashed to Earth and became Elvis. What Ifs? don't mean a damn thing to someone with common sense.

LT wins.

1) and 2) True, but at the same time he referred to it as his ultimate punishment and given that it is the largest output of power we have seen from LT it is inferred that he is limited in the amount of power he can employ in a combat situation, he is after all charged with protecting Marvels multiverse and we know from the claims of beings like Eternity that hes more powerful than them.

3)LT made reference to it being Korvacs power that withstood his attack. Giving LTs omniscience id be inclined to believe him. In support of it being Korvac the next scene states: "The still green earth spins serenely through the heavens about a white dwarf star. On its surface Korvac exults" " The immortal energies of six of the cosmos' most highly evolved entities surge beneath my breast, I am the mightiest being in the universe"

So not only did LT reference Korvacs power as being the one that deflected his attack but the next scene shifted to the planet being left intact and Korvac gloating about how powerful he was. Its quite clear it was Korvac.

4) Irrelevant. Thats like saying Iron Mans only as good as he is because of his armour. confused Korvacs ability is to absorb virtually unlimited energy from outside sources, thats how he gets so powerful, its so i fail to see the point of highlighting that.

5) While it i strue that some What Ifs are really silly, some of them however are completely feasible and LT has no showings to tell us that this one should be dismissed as one of the absurd ones. What LT does have is a tendancy to employ other forces to take care of a threat as opposed to dealing with anything himself and when he is the last resort he'd rather talk his way out of a confrontation for fear of destroying the reality he is appointed to protect. All in all it suggests that while we know for a fact that LT is extremely powerful, he is very much limited in the amount of power he can employ without compromising his mission.

On top of that Lt causing the star to go supernova in the What If is referenced in many of his bios as one of the measures LT is prepared to carry out in his work.

Dont get me wrong, i dont believe for one instant that Mxy would win, but i am saying that that What If is completely relevant as a reference to LT in combat. Not only is it referenced in bios but its in line with his actions in other confrontations, (his numerous ones with Dr Strange, Marvel The End, Infinity Watch and Quasar) which all hint at a limit to how much power he can employ.

I give LT the win as i see no reason why he cant just seal Mxy away in an impenetrable force field

Juntai
From what we've seen, Mxy is likely next most powerful after Spectre though, and he is a multi-dimensional level character. We never do really see him TRYING to fight people though, and he also seems bound by rules but mostly they are his own rules.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
From what we've seen, Mxy is likely next most powerful after Spectre though, and he is a multi-dimensional level character. We never do really see him TRYING to fight people though, and he also seems bound by rules but mostly they are his own rules.

Being multiversal isnt simply about being able to hop between dimensions and apply your power, its more about consciousness, being one with the multiverse as a whole and being able to apply your power simultaneously across multiple realities.

Mxy may be very powerful, he may be able to bring a universe to his kness, but what im saying is that people look at how Mxy can come from the 5th dimension and mess with the DC universe and assume he could do that with Marvels cosmic beings. What they forget is that DC tends to be in terms of the universal therefore Mxy doing that sounds more impressive than it actually is. If we were to look at Dc's multiverse as a whole then Mxy and his 5th dimension would be encompassed in that. Spectre is greater than Mxy because he is a true multiversal being with power over all of DCs multiverse, LT is a being with jurisdiction over all of Marvels multiverse.

Mxy isnt on that level. Referencing what 5th dimensional Mxy does to the main Dc universe as reason for why he can stand up to LT is a useless exercise, when Marvel deals with the multiversal as standard and LT is a multiversal being, one likened to Spectre in Marvel and we have already seen that Mxy falls under Spectres influence.

Juntai
Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Being multiversal isnt simply about being able to hop between dimensions and apply your power, its more about consciousness, being one with the multiverse as a whole and being able to apply your power simultaneously across multiple realities.

Mxy may be very powerful, he may be able to bring a universe to his kness, but what im saying is that people look at how Mxy can come from the 5th dimension and mess with the DC universe and assume he could do that with Marvels cosmic beings. What they forget is that DC tends to be in terms of the universal therefore Mxy doing that sounds more impressive than it actually is. If we were to look at Dc's multiverse as a whole then Mxy and his 5th dimension would be encompassed in that. Spectre is greater than Mxy because he is a true multiversal being with power over all of DCs multiverse, LT is a being with jurisdiction over all of Marvels multiverse.

Mxy isnt on that level. Referencing what 5th dimensional Mxy does to the main Dc universe as reason for why he can stand up to LT is a useless exercise, when Marvel deals with the multiversal as standard and LT is a multiversal being, one likened to Spectre in Marvel and we have already seen that Mxy falls under Spectres influence. I agree, and I never said he would stand up to LT, I was saying he's multiversal in power, he could bring most any dimension to it's knees. I don't think there's been any other character in DC that has been shown as higher than Mxy. He's even been shown discussing plot with the writers of the comics. He knows what page events will happen on. "I've come to talk to Superman, but he's busy right now, so I'll just talk to you until he shows up on page 6." stuff like that. And then we've really seen no limit to his power, until we saw Spectre destroying magic messing with him... we'll know more later on that for sure though. He did dissapear before he bit it..

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Juntai
I agree, and I never said he would stand up to LT, I was saying he's multiversal in power, he could bring most any dimension to it's knees. I don't think there's been any other character in DC that has been shown as higher than Mxy. He's even been shown discussing plot with the writers of the comics. He knows what page events will happen on. "I've come to talk to Superman, but he's busy right now, so I'll just talk to you until he shows up on page 6." stuff like that. And then we've really seen no limit to his power, until we saw Spectre destroying magic messing with him... we'll know more later on that for sure though. He did dissapear before he bit it..

Multiversal in power? How so? Has he simultaneously applied his power over all realities of Dc's multiverse? Simply applying your power into another dimension is not multiversal, being able to defeat the powers of a universe does not make you multiversal, far from it.

Impressive as his showings have been i cant recall of any instance which shows that Mxy operates at anything other than a universal level.

Talking to comic book writers and having knowledge of the plot in the comic is something many heroes have done so thats really not a good thing to reference to be honest. She Hulk and Deadpool most certainly are NOT multiversal lol.

Mxy can traverse dimensions and coming from a higher dimension than the main DC universe means he can completely lord it over all those from said universe, however he hasnt displayed anything remotely multiversal and when dealing with a being who has jurisdiction over a multiverse then Mxy for all his power comes up short.

illadelph12
1) and 2) True, but at the same time he referred to it as his ultimate punishment and given that it is the largest output of power we have seen from LT it is inferred that he is limited in the amount of power he can employ in a combat situation, he is after all charged with protecting Marvels multiverse and we know from the claims of beings like Eternity that hes more powerful than them.

3)LT made reference to it being Korvacs power that withstood his attack. Giving LTs omniscience id be inclined to believe him. In support of it being Korvac the next scene states: "The still green earth spins serenely through the heavens about a white dwarf star. On its surface Korvac exults" " The immortal energies of six of the cosmos' most highly evolved entities surge beneath my breast, I am the mightiest being in the universe"

So not only did LT reference Korvacs power as being the one that deflected his attack but the next scene shifted to the planet being left intact and Korvac gloating about how powerful he was. Its quite clear it was Korvac.

4) Irrelevant. Thats like saying Iron Mans only as good as he is because of his armour. confused Korvacs ability is to absorb virtually unlimited energy from outside sources, thats how he gets so powerful, its so i fail to see the point of highlighting that.

5) While it i strue that some What Ifs are really silly, some of them however are completely feasible and LT has no showings to tell us that this one should be dismissed as one of the absurd ones. What LT does have is a tendancy to employ other forces to take care of a threat as opposed to dealing with anything himself and when he is the last resort he'd rather talk his way out of a confrontation for fear of destroying the reality he is appointed to protect. All in all it suggests that while we know for a fact that LT is extremely powerful, he is very much limited in the amount of power he can employ without compromising his mission.

On top of that Lt causing the star to go supernova in the What If is referenced in many of his bios as one of the measures LT is prepared to carry out in his work.

Dont get me wrong, i dont believe for one instant that Mxy would win, but i am saying that that What If is completely relevant as a reference to LT in combat. Not only is it referenced in bios but its in line with his actions in other confrontations, (his numerous ones with Dr Strange, Marvel The End, Infinity Watch and Quasar) which all hint at a limit to how much power he can employ.

I give LT the win as i see no reason why he cant just seal Mxy away in an impenetrable force field

GS, how is it irrellevent that a being with the power of 6 cosmics was able to protect himself from a supernova? Another couple panels after Korvac gloats Death comes forth and says that it's plans are coming to fruition (not in those exact words, but we've both read the comic). How the Earth was protected is not clearly depicted. Besides Korvac there's a cube being and an Abstract on the scene.

That comic was stupid. thumb down

LT could have simply sealed Korvac in a skin tight force field and imprisoned him for eternity if he wished, but it wasn't written that way. It was written to make Korvac a viable threat. It was a What If? and Korvac was the star attraction.

And that's my whole point.

What If? comics by their very premise are overly subjective.

It's just a writer with freedom to explore any imaginary scenario, no matter how assinine or inconceivable it is, without taking canon materials from current continuity into account, and print their fantasies as a comic. And due to the fact that by the established premise of the LT's character, and that there is only 1 Living Tribunal in the entire Marvel Multiverse, all of these stories happen on his watch, regardless of the events making sense.

I don't put much solice in What Ifs?.

It could be said that the only being more powerful than LT is the writer if you want to consider What Ifs? as canon for him, and that would open up a very ugly can of worms.

Oh, and Stark is only as good as the armor he's in.

GalacticStorm
GS, how is it irrellevent that a being with the power of 6 cosmics was able to protect himself from a supernova? Another couple panels after Korvac gloats Death comes forth and says that it's plans are coming to fruition (not in those exact words, but we've both read the comic). How the Earth was protected is not clearly depicted. Besides Korvac there's a cube being and an Abstract on the scene.

Its irrelevant because the act of causing a supernova as an offence was stated by LT to be his "ultimate punishment", thats the crux of the matter. Noones trying to say Korvac was as powerful as or more powerful than LT so highlighting his assembled power and saying of course he would be able to stand up to a supernova is very much a pointless exercise, because that stands to reason. The point is that LT in all confrontations has never displayed an output of power greater than that supernova. That measure is also referenced in his bios as an example of what he would resort to in confrontation regardless of your dismissive stance towards the What If. By all indications LT is limited by his role in what he can do in a combat situation, that is the point im trying to make. That notion is supported by just what his "ultimate punishment" entails and the fact that he has always employed other forces to battle universal threats or he has talked his way out of potentially catastrophic confrontations citing the destruction of a reality that could result from him fighting is an undesirable outcome.

That comic was stupid. thumb down

And yet despite your opinion, the measure is referenced in his bios. wink

LT could have simply sealed Korvac in a skin tight force field and imprisoned him for eternity if he wished, but it wasn't written that way. It was written to make Korvac a viable threat. It was a What If? and Korvac was the star attraction.

Are you forgetting that LT did actually seal off that reality from the rest of the multiverse after the failure of his "ultimate punishment"? Regardless you seem to be missing the point. Noones saying that Korvac was more powerful than LT and im certainly not doubting LTs power. What im trying to say is that LT is limited in what power he can employ in battle due to his role. Lt stated that measure was his ultimate punishment, its referenced in his bios and he has no showing on panel to dispute it being that. As far as we've been shown while we know that LT is more powerful than the likes of Eternity and the point is stated in his bios, his role limits what he can do.

And that's my whole point.

What If? comics by their very premise are overly subjective.

It's just a writer with freedom to explore any imaginary scenario, no matter how assinine or inconceivable it is, without taking canon materials from current continuity into account, and print their fantasies as a comic. And due to the fact that by the established premise of the LT's character, and that there is only 1 Living Tribunal in the entire Marvel Multiverse, all of these stories happen on his watch, regardless of the events making sense.

I don't put much solice in What Ifs?.

While thats true with alot of What Ifs you cannot group them all together and treat them as irrelevant, especially not when the one in question is referenced in bios and there is no showing of LTs to dispute this particular What If and therefore support your opinion on it.

It could be said that the only being more powerful than LT is the writer if you want to consider What Ifs? as canon for him, and that would open up a very ugly can of worms.

Nope. Thats just your opinion and its unsupported on panel.

Oh, and Stark is only as good as the armor he's in.

And at the same time hes a hero because of the armour, its inherent to the Iron Man character. Its like saying Storms only good because she has mutant powers, take them away and shes rubbish. confused

illadelph12
You must be looking for a debate... laughing

I stand by what I said above.

I agree with the point you made about LT's options being limited in combat. He acts as judge, jury, and executioner, as well as protector at the same time. Why he would destroy an entire solar system via a supernova rather than wiping Korvac from existence or renduring his powers nullified like he did the Infinity Gauntlet is beyond me, and evident of my point of the premise of What Ifs? leaving common sense and continuity to the way side in lieu of an imaginary, many times ill conceived, plot. (Galact-a-Elvis...)

I could care less if causing a supernova is sighted in his bio and stated as his "Ultimate Judgement" on panel, it's still given to interpretation. It could have meant his final judgement was Korvac's death via supernova, but for inexplicable reasons a near omnipotent being coudn't deduce that a being with the powers of 6 cosmics could survive an exploding sun.

Go figure.

Tribunal has a hand full of appearances at best as is. I believe it's below 20 if memory serves. He's spoken of far more than he actually appears.

As for the Storm/Stark comparison, without her powers Storm's a highly capable hand to hand combatant and beat Calisto in armed combat.

Tony without the armor is a drunken Bill Gates.

Mider
um no my proof is upstairs in my closet where LT ran like a chicken from a guy with the power of six cosmics, an entire planets population, and a few celestials, no my proof aint in my head its upstairs, LT has no alternate versions pally wally, if he comes out in a comic then it was him if you say its not then you go against your own thoughts on the LT and say he isnt the only version but i know better and so do others, he lost to korvac, and when he was against the IG he thought he might not even be able to win, and that whole judgement things he could have just taken them and made them not work but that doesnt mean he did it under his own power because even adam warlock did the same thing with the mind gem not allowing it to be used at its full potential, your arguments are moot and you cant back up squat like always you just insult and use your fancy words to try to make other people in here listen to you even though you dont know what your talking about half the time, then you call me a liar when youve said stuff like ganthet would beat king thor then you go later on and say ganthet is overrated and call me a liar when i check you up on that if no one believes me go to ganthet vs king thor what thunderdyke said is right there, then go to classic lobo and see the level of fanboyism he has reached when he said what thanos could do lol he said thanos could servive a galaxy level blast with out being hurt, that he could smash a cube with the density of the universe, beat up on a group of gods, beat up gods perioud, even nigh omnipatents, beat the armies of heaven and hell, lol the list goes on and on then he comes back later saying he was just being sarcastic really if you where being sarcastic why did you post that stuff like 3 times. your the tool your the biggest tool in here sadly the tools you represent cannot be shown on here cause id get banned for showing "those" tools.

GalacticStorm
You must be looking for a debate... laughing

big grin

I stand by what I said above.

I agree with the point you made about LT's options being limited in combat. He acts as judge, jury, and executioner, as well as protector at the same time. Why he would destroy an entire solar system via a supernova rather than wiping Korvac from existence or renduring his powers nullified like he did the Infinity Gauntlet is beyond me, and evident of my point of the premise of What Ifs? leaving common sense and continuity to the way side in lieu of an imaginary, many times ill conceived, plot. (Galact-a-Elvis...)

Who is to say he could just wipe Korvac from existence? No evidence for that, not an option. LT never just nullified the IG. He cancelled out a blast from the IG. A blast that was far from full power given the close proximity of Adam and the effects it had on the abstracts and Galactus before LT dispersed it. Shunting away a power blast from the IG is something Strange can and has achieved. With all that in mind and LTs few confrontations in Stranges title it is far from nonsense that his supernova attack would be employed to deal with Korvac. Its how LT works, he cares about the reality as a whole not an individual planet or solar system. LT has previously sought to simply wipe out an alternate Earth because it was infested with demons, but as Phoenix showed there was a more compassionate solution, Phoenix instead cleansed the planet of the infestation doing away with the need for LT in the situation. Why? Cos thats the way Phoenix works. LT's pledged to protect realities as a whole thats the way he works.

LT said after he'd attacked Korvac that he'd underestimated his power before proceeding to seal him off from the rest of the multiverse when that didnt work. Thats all you need to know. That fits in perfectly with continuity, it is far from nonsense. When LT confronted the StarBrand he first employed the champions of the universe to deal with the situation and when that didnt work he later sealed off the New Universes Earth from the 616 dimension.

I could care less if causing a supernova is sighted in his bio and stated as his "Ultimate Judgement" on panel, it's still given to interpretation. It could have meant his final judgement was Korvac's death via supernova, but for inexplicable reasons a near omnipotent being coudn't deduce that a being with the powers of 6 cosmics could survive an exploding sun.

Go figure.

Tribunal has a hand full of appearances at best as is. I believe it's below 20 if memory serves. He's spoken of far more than he actually appears.

As aforementioned LT made a mistake. He was arrogant and he underestimated Korvac, that is stated on panel. Thats why he initially used that measure before finally sealing off that reality. LT has been shown to fight on several occassions in Stranges title against beings he should be able to brush aside given his status so i guess the fact that he didnt immediately renders that CIS/PIS? no

Given that, such performance in confrontations is all we have seen from LT we cant claim it to be so and you certainly have no grounds to dismiss that What If. None whatsoever.

As far as we have seen on panel and as supported in his bio LT will resort to destroying a solar system to take out a threat. He states that measure to be his ultimate punishment and as we have seen no greater output employed by him in battle you cant assume otherwise. Is LT capable of greater output? Most certainly. However he is restricted by his role.

As for the Storm/Stark comparison, without her powers Storm's a highly capable hand to hand combatant and beat Calisto in armed combat.

Tony without the armor is a drunken Bill Gates.

The same applies for any mutant Ill dont be fallacious now. wink

The armour is inherent to his character its what makes him a hero, without it he wouldnt even be considered in these debates so thats a redundant argument. Saying oh Korvac could only do this and that because of all the power he absorbed is absurd. That is his power to do that.

the Darkone
um no my proof is upstairs in my closet where LT ran like a chicken from a guy with the power of six cosmics, an entire planets population, and a few celestials, no my proof aint in my head its upstairs, LT has no alternate versions pally wally, if he comes out in a comic then it was him if you say its not then you go against your own thoughts on the LT and say he isnt the only version but i know better and so do others, he lost to korvac, and when he was against the IG he thought he might not even be able to win, and that whole judgement things he could have just taken them and made them not work but that doesnt mean he did it under his own power because even adam warlock did the same thing with the mind gem not allowing it to be used at its full potential, your arguments are moot and you cant back up squat like always you just insult and use your fancy words to try to make other people in here listen to you even though you dont know what your talking about half the time, then you call me a liar when youve said stuff like ganthet would beat king thor then you go later on and say ganthet is overrated and call me a liar when i check you up on that if no one believes me go to ganthet vs king thor what thunderdyke said is right there, then go to classic lobo and see the level of fanboyism he has reached when he said what thanos could do lol he said thanos could servive a galaxy level blast with out being hurt, that he could smash a cube with the density of the universe, beat up on a group of gods, beat up gods perioud, even nigh omnipatents, beat the armies of heaven and hell, lol the list goes on and on then he comes back later saying he was just being sarcastic really if you where being sarcastic why did you post that stuff like 3 times. your the tool your the biggest tool in here sadly the tools you represent cannot be shown on here cause id get banned for showing "those" tools.

mider use some damn periods stop being lazy, is this even english ^^^. And nobody paying attention to you at all.

Jabba the Hutt

What If?'s are not canon.

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Jabba the Hutt
What If?'s are not canon.

A lil extract from a website:

So what is inherent and established for a character, object or event in 616 is not canon for the Ultimate Universe or the New Universe for example and vice versa. However when you have a character that has no counterparts in any other reality and who as stated is the same being in all the What Ifs as the one we see in 616 appearances then whats canon really doesnt apply as the rules and doctrine of one particular universe do not exclusively apply to him.

So What Ifs arent canon when we're talking about things inherent to 616, however when talking about LT they very much can be taken into consideration. Mider is right in that respect.

Maestro
Not to go off topic here, but does anyone have scans of this 'fight'?

Galactic'I have lots of scans of comics' Storm, I'm looking in your direction big grin

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Maestro
Not to go off topic here, but does anyone have scans of this 'fight'?

Galactic'I have lots of scans of comics' Storm, I'm looking in your direction big grin

Why, certainly lil lady, you just giv GS 5 mins to get his stuff together. big grin

GalacticStorm
Here ya go:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12103412167.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12103420117.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12103425168.jpg&s=x402

Maestro
Why, certainly lil lady, you just giv GS 5 mins to get his stuff together. big grin

Heh, appreciate that GS, but I think replacing the word 'lil lady' with 'master' would be more appropriate stick out tongue

GalacticStorm
Originally posted by Maestro
Heh, appreciate that GS, but I think replacing the word 'lil lady' with 'master' would be more appropriate stick out tongue

Keep those twisted fantasies to yourself. Kids browse these forums. sad wink

Maestro
Keep those twisted fantasies to yourself. Kids browse these forums. sad wink

laughing out loud

grey fox
I can't believe that this thread is still alive.

Mider
even though spectre is more powerful then myx i think he is leagues beyond the LT i think Myx would defeat even eternity i dont think that LT is above eternity by much in one comic he was seen destroying whole multiverses, why would the LT be able to stop him if the LT cant even stop the destruction of one single universe how can he stop someone who can destroyer a multiverse. LT is said to be this and that yet when has he shown to be anything more then a little stronger then eternity please someone answer that question.

Thunderstrike
Originally posted by grey fox
I can't believe that this thread is still alive.

Same here, bro.

even though spectre is more powerful then myx i think he is leagues beyond the LT i think Myx would defeat even eternity i dont think that LT is above eternity by much in one comic he was seen destroying whole multiverses, why would the LT be able to stop him if the LT cant even stop the destruction of one single universe how can he stop someone who can destroyer a multiverse. LT is said to be this and that yet when has he shown to be anything more then a little stronger then eternity please someone answer that question.

As always, you "think" and you "hear" things. So, basically, you come up with your own ideas, and regard them as truth. Good job. You're still a
http://www.cliffracer.com/store/images/gba-screwdriver.jpg
tool.

leonidas
5th dimensions exist in many universes. there is no such thing as THE 5th dimension like there is no THE earth in marvel. there are many of each. the 5th dimension is not multiversal or outside the multiverse. it is clearly within the spectre's domain and so obviously within toaa's or presence's.

lt wins.

Mider
LT's powers dont go up and down and he isnt the ultimate authority in the MU if he was he wouldnt be lower then the Pheonix Force as stated by eternity himself.

leonidas
doesn't need to be. and where did eternity tell lt he was below the pf . . .?

GODSCRIBE
Originally posted by Thunderstrike
Same here, bro.

As always, you "think" and you "hear" things. So, basically, you come up with your own ideas, and regard them as truth. Good job. You're still a
http://www.cliffracer.com/store/images/gba-screwdriver.jpg
tool.

HAHAHAHA

illadelph12
Here ya go:

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12103412167.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12103420117.jpg&s=x402

http://putfile.com/pic.php?pic=5/12103425168.jpg&s=x402

The most misinterpreted scans in comic book history.

Mider
ask GS and he said it was in X-men forever i believe, anyway even if i was a tool your a bigger one big grin cause you defend the biggest jobber in all comicdom, anyway when joker only had 99 percent of Myx power he messed with the concepts of death, can LT do that no not even eternity can do that.

kgkg
Originally posted by batdude123
true but they have problem with anything that comes from higher dimentions.

like the 10th dimention people owned the 5th dimention imps.

Imps are really a joke ........... comic relief

leonidas
where'd that happen, kg?

kgkg

leonidas
ha! i wonder how'd THEY fare against spectre et al . . .?

we could just keep making up dimensions and saying each is more powerful!

kgkg
Originally posted by leonidas
ha! i wonder how'd THEY fare against spectre et al . . .?

we could just keep making up dimensions and saying each is more powerful!

Spectre shouldn't loose to anyone if he has the power.

But he suffers from PIS a lot

leonidas
Originally posted by kgkg
Spectre shouldn't loose to anyone if he has the power.

But he suffers from PIS a lot

so does my wife . . . sad

gobstakid777
mxy undoubtedly for the win.emperor joker,joe w/ imps powers,gets all up in spectre's s#%t

Knowsbleed33
Originally posted by gobstakid777
mxy undoubtedly for the win.emperor joker,joe w/ imps powers,gets all up in spectre's s#%t

no expression

gobstakid777
Originally posted by Knowsbleed33
no expression

how u gonna give me the no expression

SoulDevourer
depend if mxy get 4th wall priviledges or not stick out tongue

xJLxKing
Mxy doesn't need 4th wall privileges. If there anyone in the DC that can fight LT to a standstill it would be Mxy. He defeated Spectre from COIE. The one who was supposedly powered by magic users and the presence.

guy222
LT

Goddess_of_Fury
Isn't posting less that 7 characters considered spam? Reported.

Ouallada
Originally posted by kgkg
true but they have problem with anything that comes from higher dimentions.

like the 10th dimention people owned the 5th dimention imps.

Imps are really a joke ........... comic relief

Old post, but the LT has been in the 16th dimension, and is likely to have sway over the entirety of Marvel's reality as it is, regardless of which dimension we refer to.

guy222
thumb up

guy222
Originally posted by Goddess_of_Fury

who are u reporting

living tribunal is the character name

lt for short

SoulDevourer
w/o his 4th wall tricks mxy is doomed lol

LT gonna judge him & then take away his powers & put restraining order on him not to aproach Superman within 1 lightyear or somethin stick out tongue (or else LT gonna make mxy flat & sentence him to live in 2D plane stick out tongue)

-Pr-

No, it actually isn't.

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by guy222
who are u reporting

living tribunal is the character name

lt for short methinks she wuz JK (hope so)

Wei Phoenix

No roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ouallada
Originally posted by SoulDevourer
methinks she wuz JK (hope so)

Well, do you think the poster's called goddess of fury for nothing?

Out of curiosity, do you think an average Mxy would beat an average Spectre?

Wei Phoenix
Originally posted by Ouallada
Well, do you think the poster's called goddess of fury for nothing?

Goddess of Unnecessary Fury.

xJLxKing

Yes, Mxy has beaten Spectre quite a few times.

Galan007
Out of curiosity, do you think an average Mxy would beat an average Spectre? it's not just an opinion that he can/would, it's an on panel fact.

Ouallada
No problem. Simply a question I had as opinions of Spectre tend to fluctuate due to the character's nature and some inconsistency.

xJLxKing
No problem. Simply a question I had as opinions of Spectre tend to fluctuate due to the character's nature and some inconsistency. True, his power can fluctuate depending on the situation, but Mxy defeat Spectre at one of his strongest level. Galan said that spectre said, "Sorry boss, I tried." Who do you think the Boss is?

Galan007
^ there's more then just that instance, btw.

Peterlane
Living Tribunal destroys Myx

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Galan007
^ there's more then just that instance, btw.
I know, I've seen all the ones you posted stick out tongue embarrasment

SoulDevourer
but stronger version o specter also depowered mxy

Galan007
but stronger version o specter also depowered mxy meh, during the single issue in which mxy was 'depowered' he was still able to manifest some of his abilities. that said, it seemed like he simply forgot how to use his powers, rather than them being in any way 'removed'. regardless, all he had to do was return to the 5th dimension, and *poof* all his powers returned.

so...

SoulDevourer
meh, during the single issue in which mxy was 'depowered' he was still able to manifest some of his abilities. that said, it seemed like he simply forgot how to use his powers, rather than them being in any way 'removed'. regardless, all he had to do was return to the 5th dimension, and *poof* all his powers returned.

so... he lost both his memories and most o his powers (he said he still had "a few tricks left" or somethin)
anyways it show Specter is able to affect the 5D imps, just depend how generous Presence is feeling ^^

also dint Zatana also depower mxy? (im pretty sure shes < Specter)

Peterlane
Myx loses to SBP lol. LT rapes

Galan007
he lost both his memories and most o his powers (he said he still had "a few tricks left" or somethin)
anyways it show Specter is able to affect the 5D imps, just depend how generous Presence is feeling ^^

also dint Zatana also depower mxy? (im pretty sure shes < Specter) 1.) mxy's single-issue-long memory loss is why he was momentarily 'depowered'.

2.) the only reason spectre was able to affect him at all is because he was on earth when the 'magic purge' took place. that's why, when he returned to the 5th dimension, all of his powers were restored.

3.) no. she hasn't.

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Peterlane
Myx loses to SBP lol. LT rapes
You are such a obvious troll.

Wasn't it a game that Mxy was playing on Prime?

SoulDevourer
1.) mxy's single-issue-long memory loss is why he was momentarily 'depowered'.

2.) the only reason spectre was able to affect him at all is because he was on earth when the 'magic purge' took place. that's why, when he returned to the 5th dimension, all of his pwoers were restored.

3.) no. she hasn't. 1 but thats speculatin? all we know is mxy coudnt use most of his powers so simplest explenation is he dint have them. fact it state on panel he had a few tricks *left* means he lost his other tricks
2 sure but he still affected the imp
3 oh huh then it wuz some1 else but it was a witch or somethin (Final Crisis issue iirc)

galactusischere
You can't really compare but I guess Living Tribunal

Galan007
1 but thats speculatin? all we know is mxy coudnt use most of his powers so simplest explenation is he dint have them. fact it state on panel he had a few tricks *left* means he lost his other tricks
2 sure but he still affected the imp
3 oh huh then it wuz some1 else but it was a witch or somethin (Final Crisis issue iirc) 1.) or he only had a few tricks left, because those were all he could remember. afterall, the issue was pretty clear that mxy was certainly not in his 'normal' frame of mind.

2.) what's better; spectre momentarily causing imp-amnesia? or emperor joker literally replacing spectre, then warping him into a bird-esque form/imprisoning him in a cage?

3.) it was annataz from an issue of "countdown". if you actually read the issue, you'll find that it was specifically mentioned that her magic was not as powerful as mxy's. so tell me, how does it make any sense that she would be able to negatively affect him?

rhetorical question - it makes no sense. that instance literally defines PIS

SoulDevourer
1.) or he only had a few tricks left, because those were all he could remember. afterall, the issue was pretty clear that mxy was certainly not in his 'normal' frame of mind.

2.) what's better; spectre momentarily causing imp-amnesia? or emperor joker literally replacing spectre, then warping him into a bird-esque form/imprisoning him in a cage?

3.) it was annataz from an issue of "countdown". if you actually read the issue, you'll find that it was specifically mentioned that her magic was not as powerful as mxy's. so tell me, how does it make any sense that she would be able to negatively affect him?

rhetorical question - it makes no sense. that instance literally defines PIS but theres many vilains not in normal frame of mind but they can still use there tricks (like a certain "mad" warper in MU ^^)
that mxy lost his pwoers is simplest explenation unless they clearly state he forgot *how* to use them wich they dint
imo EJ pwning Specter only means Specter was not full powered (else ima call that pis too lol)

SoulDevourer
Specters not the issue anyway & hes too inconsistant. LT >>> Specter & LT definitly pwns mxy

Galan007
but theres many vilains not in normal frame of mind but they can still use there tricks (like a certain "mad" warper in MU ^^)
that mxy lost his pwoers is simplest explenation unless they clearly state he forgot *how* to use them wich they dint
imo EJ pwning Specter only means Specter was not full powered (else ima call that pis too lol) facepalm

xJLxKing
but theres many vilains not in normal frame of mind but they can still use there tricks (like a certain "mad" warper in MU ^^)
imo EJ pwning Specter only means Specter was not full powered (else ima call that pis too lol)
Mxy already beat Spectre when amped by magical beings and his boss.

SoulDevourer
w/e roll eyes (sarcastic)

Specters not the topic anyway, without 4th wall stuff LT wins this

SoulDevourer
Originally posted by xJLxKing
Mxy already beat Spectre when amped by magical beings and his boss. yeah but how much amped?

Tattoos N Scars
Didn't Gog blast a hole through Mxy's chest?

xJLxKing
Originally posted by Tattoos N Scars
Didn't Gog blast a hole through Mxy's chest?
Do you know how much power that staff holds? Besides he was fine, all he needs to do it go back to his dimension

KuRuPT Thanosi
1.) or he only had a few tricks left, because those were all he could remember. afterall, the issue was pretty clear that mxy was certainly not in his 'normal' frame of mind.

rhetorical question - it makes no sense. that instance literally defines PIS

All interesting points Galan but let me ask you this.... We have people below others all the time who are able to effect the other. Thor is clearly below Thanos and yet he's been able to effect him or inflict some damage even if minimal. Thanos clearly below Galactus and yet hes been able to blast him out of shit ship and tumbling across a moon. Just because somebody is stated or known to be below somebody else doesn't mean they can't get the jump on someone or have certain powers that can work on someone above them right? That doesn't always means it's PIS. Inferior teams or players do on occasion beat a team KNOWN to be better then them for a variety of reaons and comic books are no different. I do get your point though, I'm just saying just because someone is stated below somebody doesn't mean tney can't get the better of another

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
All interesting points Galan but let me ask you this.... We have people below others all the time who are able to effect the other. Thor is clearly below Thanos and yet he's been able to effect him or inflict some damage even if minimal. Thanos clearly below Galactus and yet hes been able to blast him out of shit ship and tumbling across a moon. Just because somebody is stated or known to be below somebody else doesn't mean they can't get the jump on someone or have certain powers that can work on someone above them right? That doesn't always means it's PIS. Inferior teams or players do on occasion beat a team KNOWN to be better then them for a variety of reaons and comic books are no different. I do get your point though, I'm just saying just because someone is stated below somebody doesn't mean tney can't get the better of another i'm not talking about a weaker character inflicting minimal damage to a stronger character. i'm talking about one character being able to muck with a more powerful character's energies - rendering said character unable to use the bulk of their power.

in no way/shape/form does that make an iota of sense. as i said before, the very deninition of PIS can be difenied from that instance.

KuRuPT Thanosi
i'm not talking about a weaker character inflicting minimal damage to a stronger character. i'm talking about one character being able to muck with a more powerful character's energies - rendering said character unable to use the bulk of their power.

in no way/shape/form does that make an iota of sense. as i said before, the very deninition of PIS can be difenied from that instance.

i understand your point... However, isn't it possible when dealing with magical/reality warpers/genie types that things like this can occur. Strange could and has cast spell that has messed up or rendered them ineffective. Isn't it possible that said powerful person doesn't know ALL the the loop holes and can be tampered with or have their powers taken away until they figure out how to defeat it. It seems when dealing with magicians/reality warpers/genies etc etc that often times "spells" can be cast by weaker individuals that muck up a stronger one until they figure out how to overcome it. I get your point but don't think all instances like that are blanket PIS, especially when dealing with these types of powers on this scale.

Galan007
Originally posted by KuRuPT Thanosi
i understand your point... However, isn't it possible when dealing with magical/reality warpers/genie types that things like this can occur. Strange could and has cast spell that has messed up or rendered them ineffective. Isn't it possible that said powerful person doesn't know ALL the the loop holes and can be tampered with or have their powers taken away until they figure out how to defeat it. It seems when dealing with magicians/reality warpers/genies etc etc that often times "spells" can be cast by weaker individuals that muck up a stronger one until they figure out how to overcome it. I get your point but don't think all instances like that are blanket PIS, especially when dealing with these types of powers on this scale. i disagree. i do not think it's reasonable that a less powerful magician is able to negatively affect the energies of a stated FAR more powerful character. especially when that character's power operates on a dimensional plane MUCH higher than what the other magician is used to. *shrug*

granted, the final few pages of said issue made it seem like everything that had transpired was nothing but a joke to mxy... but it's just the principal of the thing lol.

Knowsbleed33
Mxy is no match for the LT.

Oops
Ok, it seems like we've established that both are really, really, really really powerful. Seems like most people think LT is more powerful. Isn't the thread who would beat who in a fight, not who is more powerful? I mean, how would/could LT beat Myx or vice versa?

Mindset
Originally posted by Oops
I mean, how would/could LT beat Myx By being more powerful.

Oops
Touche.

Xplosive
Living Tribunal should win this.

guy222
Indeed

Peterlane
LT wins with ease. Myx lost all respect when Prime scared him 2 never come to the 3rd dimension again

Rage.Of.Olympus
Originally posted by Peterlane
LT wins with ease. Myx lost all respect when Prime scared him 2 never come to the 3rd dimension again

So a character suddenly loses all respect from one ridiculous showing? Then a lot of characters would lose all respect.

Their were circumstances despite their stupidity that were involved in that story.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.