Best Name for a Console

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

H. S. 6
Well, what with the announcement of the Revolution's new name "Wii," I had an idea. Which console had the best/coolest name?

Post which one you think, and give a reason.

I thought Dreamcast had an awesome name. For some reason, it gave a good vibe for me, like it had so much potential.

Now post yours. cool

(BTW, a search turned up nothing. So don't shoot.)

EDIT: And, to add on to this, which video game console do you think had the worst/stupidest name?

Wii is pretty dumb, but I don't know if it's the worst.

S.S
The 64........cool you just got to say the number or now with the 360.

H. S. 6
Yeah, 64 was a good name, once it was shortened to the number. Simple and sweet.

I like 360, too, and I thought Gamecube sounded cool. Playstation is too bland, in my opinion, but I'm sure there are others who think otherwise.

Alpha Centauri
Mega Drive.

-AC

PVS
i think playstation is the best name. to the point.

BackFire
Dreamcast, Revolution, and Ultra 64 (yeah, I know, I love those names though.

Smasandian
Super NES.

Morgoths_Wrath
Nintendo 64

Mišt
Nintendo DS is a pretty crappy name.

I like Xbox....just sounds cool.

Impediment
I've always loved saying 64. So simple, but good.

IcePunk
n64, gamcube, dreamcast, neo geo AS, nintendo entertainment system, 360, Revolution

1021kid
Originally posted by IcePunk
n64, gamcube, dreamcast, neo geo AS, Nintendo entertainment system, 360, Revolution i like those to and i can tell your a big Nintendo fan as am i but i say my favourite is psp i love it

1021kid
pvs do you play xbox live and is your account teejay tyler

Red Superfly
N64 & Mega Drive (Genesis for everyone else - still a sweet name)

Revolution was good too, shame.

Jedi Shmedi
Gameboy LOLZ big grin

Scorpion_Master
Nintendo entertainment system!!!! the coolest name!!

InnerRise
I like the name SEGA.

I don't like the name XBOX. It's just ugh.

is it comprehensible.....

Phat J
i always liked saying 64, it just has a ring to it.

playstation was always my system, but when i think about it i really dont like the name at all.

Morridini
GameCube - great name for a cube that play games
Sega Mega Drive - just think it sounds cool
Nintendo 64 aka 64 - so simple and also exciting name
Nintendo Revolution - nice to hear a new word instead of another number (Playstation 2, Playstation 3, X-boX 360), although it now is called Wii.

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by Morridini
GameCube - great name for a cube that play games
Sega Mega Drive - just think it sounds cool
Nintendo 64 aka 64 - so simple and also exciting name
Nintendo Revolution - nice to hear a new word instead of another number (Playstation 2, Playstation 3, X-boX 360), although it now is called Wii.

The next Nintendo is not called the Revolution. The offical name has been named...Wii (pronouced We). If it was me I would have stuck with Revolution. Wii...people will be embrassed to ask for that in stores unless you're 8.

Koala MeatPie
"Genisis" Still has the Nice "It has finally come, the Revolution" *Ding* To it.

So Does Revolution, But Now its Changed To Wii.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6419798

Morridini
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
The next Nintendo is not called the Revolution. The offical name has been named...Wii (pronouced We). If it was me I would have stuck with Revolution. Wii...people will be embrassed to ask for that in stores unless you're 8.

Yes, I said so myself.

InnerRise
Originally posted by Koala MeatPie
"Genisis" Still has the Nice "It has finally come, the Revolution" *Ding* To it.

So Does Revolution, But Now its Changed To Wii.

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=6419798
"Genesis" not "Genisis"

ESB - 1138
Originally posted by Morridini
Yes, I said so myself.

Who came up with Wii? Whoever did needs to be shot! Revolution sounded so cool!!!!

Mišt
Revolution was only a codename, Nintendo never release the full name early.

Morridini
Yeah but the codename turned out to be way cooler then the actual name, that's what's annoying.

When Nintendo Dolphin turned into GameCube I don't think that many cared, but Revolution sounded new and cool.

Mišt
I know, its a shit name for the console, I look at the console and Wii isnt exactly the first thing to pop into my head. But still, Revolution was only a temporary name, it was bound to change at some point.

MadMel
yeah but still, wii..no

pinkfloydkor
yea, Wii isn't the kind of name I would choose for a system, but hopefully the Wii will be so groundbreakingly revolutionary that we wont care about the name.

1021kid
Originally posted by ESB - 1138
The next Nintendo is not called the Revolution. The offical name has been named...Wii (pronouced We). If it was me I would have stuck with Revolution. Wii...people will be embrassed to ask for that in stores unless you're 8. true

InnerRise
I was watching a show that is partly about games and one of the host still called it the "Nintendo Revolution".
He was talking about it's role in E3.

darth_royke
i actually think Wii is a good name. if yolu read the press release as to why it was named Wii you'll all understand.

names i dont like;

xbox... sounds like microsoft were trying to make their console more desirable by suggesting it was extreme, hence the xbox. but it was'nt really a box, just a moulded piee of plastic that looked a little silly.

playstation... its too long a word. i'd have gone for something shorter and a bit more modern.

gizmondo... need i say more?

names i do like.....

gamecube... did exactly wat it said on the tin and is the best designed console of the three.

PSone... they ditched the playstation name for something shorter, and it worked a lot more. alhtough it was only after the ps2 had emerged. still think its better than just 'playstation'

what of you were to name a console yourself? any ideas?

crazy_shadow
i think wii sounds wierd....damn japs just like making things wierd....

xbox360 would be my favorite...not the fact because its my fav console, but the fact of how it sounds....it sounds like it's the best out there (as it is for now...duh) but they had to make it like that because if they made something plain like "xbox2" then the PS3 would sound much higher in rank and people would say "well xbox2 is just outta date....." and Ybox...what kind of crackhead started that rumor?

Sith Master X
I don't think Wii's all that bad of a name myself. Sure it caught me by surprise at first, as it did almost everyone. But I think now that it's had time to sink in, it's fine. I guarantee a year from now nobody will even care about the name anyway.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.