Blade Vs. Crossbones

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Milkie
Blade
http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/9/94/Blade.jpg

Abilities
The enzymes in Blade's blood made him immune to normal vampire bites, uniquely attuned to sensing the supernatural and resistant to aging. Since being bitten by Morbius, Blade has gained many of the traditional powers of the vampire without developing their weaknesses. He has superhuman strength, senses and stamina, plus an accelerated healing factor.

Weapons
Blade uses a vast array of weaponry specifically designed to eliminate vampires. It's often hard to keep track of it all. Blade boasted a silver longsword (later seen in the movies) and dual, self-forged katanas as his primary weapons of choice. Blade's katanas, which he still employs, are titanium, acid-etched, and silver plated. He also used a garlic-covered, silver glave, or booomerang-like weapon, a dagger that could expand into a garret wire, and silver stakes as his close-range weapons. For long-range, Blade originally used a Walther P99 pistol modified for automatic fire and a larger clip and Pistols.

Crossbones
http://www.marvel.com/universe3zx/images/e/e6/Crossbones_Head.jpg

Abilities
Crossbones is a world-class hand-to-hand fighter with etensive experience in street-fighting and various martial arts and military combat techniques. He is an expert pilot and a marksman with crossbows, guns and throwing knives. Note: He is also an instructor at Taskmaster's school for criminals

Weapons
His weaponry includes various firearms, a collapsible crossbow, a wrist spike, spring-loaded stiletto blades in his gauntlets, various explosives and poisoned knives.

Milkie
Up

snoopdogg
I'd go with Blade. Healing factor helps alot.

Space M ummy
Blade, and quite easily.

Blade can see in the dark, is a great deal stronger than a normal human being, has faster reflexes, a regenerative healing factor, he can "smell" supernatural creatures of all kinds, and he is immune to being turned into a full vampire via a vampire's bite.

Beyond his obvious vampiric abilities, Blade also seems to be something of a savant in the field of weaponry. Blade has mastered the use of every single type of weapon known to man, and can adapt new weaponry to his growing repetoire in mere minutes. It is unknown if this is because he is more than human, or if he would have possessed this ability regardless. Blade is also an expert of several martial arts styles.

Blade also possesses the skills of a professional jazz trumpeter.

That last part is the dealbreaker. Crossbones has no way to handle blade's superstrength, superspeed, mastery of all conventional weapons or his smooth jazz skills.

Milkie
Anyone else?

grey fox
Blade , vampires are just a half notch above peak-human .

Milkie
Damn... Should I have done Deadpool?

juggernaut74
Crossbones.

leonidas
straight up, blade. with prep and his weapons bones could take him methinks.

Afterimage
Blade should gain the victory here.

srankmissingnin
The only excuse for thinking Blade wins, is that your only experiences with either characters comes from reading a bio somewhere in the gutters of the internet, and you've never read a comic in your entire life.

At his best Crossbones is a threat to Cap, at his worst at least he is still a work out. Either of those options means he is too much for Blade to handle.

jinzin
Face.... beam? confused

Lord_Talron
Originally posted by jinzin
Face.... beam? confused facebeam.

Trackz
what exactly has crossbones done?

leonidas
Originally posted by srankmissingnin
The only excuse for thinking Blade wins, is that your only experiences with either characters comes from reading a bio somewhere in the gutters of the internet, and you've never read a comic in your entire life.

lol

or you've read all or most of bones' appearances and know cap beat him even when he was weak and the serum was purged from his system....

bones is sweet. my fave cap villain. he takes it with some prep. straight up in a ring-style forum match blade is too much, imo. but you're right--it wouldn't be easy regardless.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Trackz
what exactly has crossbones done? He held his own against Gambit once.

harri
Whilst Crossbones is really cool, he'd get battered by Blade.

jinzin
what exactly has crossbones done? Face to the mutha ****in BEAM!

King Castle
i dont think we should apply modern upgrades to old threads with prior character abilities..

this comes down to a shoot out..

jinzin
Oh I didn't see the thread start date........

Okay then....

FACE BEAM! mad

juggernaut74
Who would have the physical edge and damage soak edge?

jinzin
Crossbones has held Cap to a near stalemate in physical matchups, I think that's part of what Srank was getting at. Crossbones looks like a much more physically threatening opponent based on his fights but y'know... "Blade's a vampire".

King Castle
Crossbones has held Cap to a near stalemate in physical matchups, I think that's part of what Srank was getting at. Crossbones looks like a much more physically threatening opponent based on his fights but y'know... "Blade's a vampire". Psuedo Vampire!! mad jr_shakefist

i think due to his muscle mass crossbones can take some sissy silver bullets if he is clipped... angel

juggernaut74
Crossbones has held Cap to a near stalemate in physical matchups, I think that's part of what Srank was getting at. Crossbones looks like a much more physically threatening opponent based on his fights but y'know... "Blade's a vampire". So what exactly are you saying? You give Crossbones the edge?

Trackz
what has crossbones done other than lose to Cap? In terms of strength, speed, etc.

jinzin
Two shot Cap... confused

Trackz
Two shot Cap... confused doesn't really answer my question

Mindset
How doesn't it?

Trackz
Originally posted by Mindset
How doesn't it? I asked for feats in terms of strength, speed, etc. two-shotting captain america doesn't give one much to go on.

StiltmanFTW
Two shot Cap... confused

When?

If you mean T-Bolts #150, then I'm pretty sure it was a three-shot wink

Mindset
He was strong and fast enough to beat Cap in 2 hits.

Trackz
Originally posted by Mindset
He was strong and fast enough to beat Cap in 2 hits. Blade took out Dracula in one if we want to play that game.

Anyway in the fight in Thuderbolts didn't he have his face blasting ability, or was this another fight.

StiltmanFTW
Blade took out Dracula in one if we want to play that game.

Anyway in the fight in Thuderbolts didn't he have his face blasting ability, or was this another fight.

He did, but Steve went h2h with him and got raped.

jinzin
Originally posted by StiltmanFTW
When?

If you mean T-Bolts #150, then I'm pretty sure it was a three-shot wink
lol I was referring to Cap Reborn.

jinzin
Blade took out Dracula in one if we want to play that game.

AMERICA>>>>>Dracula mad

Proven fact.

StiltmanFTW
lol I was referring to Cap Reborn.

Need to read that mini.

Deadline
He did, but Steve went h2h with him and got raped.

Context?

Two shot Cap... confused

Even if that did happen its clearly a one-off or PIS. Cap has also beaten Crossbones and Red Skull at the same time. Bucky also owned Crossbones and Sin, so maybe when he got owned by Bucky it wasn't a fluke.

That one showing doesn't put him above Blade.

StiltmanFTW
Originally posted by Deadline
Context?

Oh yeah, Bones got cheapshotted on the beginning. Thanks for reminding me smile

Seriously though... Steve did not get hit by the face beam, just had his face a little bruised and cut by all these rocks flying around. And I doubt he got tired with that Super Soldier Serum in his veins.

Deadline
Oh yeah, Bones got cheapshotted on the beginning. Thanks for reminding me smile

Seriously though... Steve did not get hit by the face beam, just had his face a little bruised and cut by all these rocks flying around. And I doubt he got tired with that Super Soldier Serum in his veins.

You can see that eventhough the beam didn't hit him when it came into close combat it was taking some fight out of him.

juggernaut74
Originally posted by Deadline

That one showing doesn't put him above Blade. It might. Who has Blade fought in mainstream that we can compare to? Granted Blade is tough but he usually fights no names.

SamZED
Going with Blade. Didnt Crossbones lose the facebeam in the last issue anyway?

Trackz
Originally posted by juggernaut74
It might. Who has Blade fought in mainstream that we can compare to? Granted Blade is tough but he usually fights no names. Dracula? Varnae? Spitfire? just a few.

juggernaut74
Dracula? Varnae? Spitfire? just a few. Sorry it took so long to respond I must have missed this.

Anyways those people would murder Crossbones but I still lean towards him in this battle.

YFZ 350
Blade would murder Bones.

juggernaut74
Na, Blade don't kill non-vamp folk that I'm aware of.

YFZ 350
Not usually but he has.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.