Iceman vs Captain Marvel

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Accel
This is Omega-level Iceman vs Captain Marvel (DC).

Who wins?

Accel
bump

batdude123
Captain Marvel.

Dayscribe
CM 6/10

Accel
I feel like bumping this again.

leonidas
cm lacks supes speed and energy attacks. the use of speed and energy is the only way i can see supes winning. how does bobby's power work against magic? i doubt anyone knows, but assuming (for purposes of the thread) that he can stop molecular motion, cm loses imo. all he can do is punch him, maybe break him with lightning, but he has no way to really 'beat' bobby in the only way i can think of, and that is by scattering or seperating his consciousness.

bobby wins unless someone can tell me how cm can ko him. sad

grey fox
Water vapour - Freeze CM's brain.

Iceman wins !

He-guy88
can someone tell me wat omega lv iceman power set is and y hes so powerful now

Validus
Maybe the freeze won't work on CM. When his body was literally turned inside out, his magic invulnerability fixed him right up.

I say stalemate. I also say we must put an end to this Iceman epidemic.

grey fox
Originally posted by He-guy88
can someone tell me wat omega lv iceman power set is and y hes so powerful now

He can move his consciousness into any form of moisture and use it to rebuild his body.

He-guy88
Originally posted by grey fox
He can move his consciousness into any form of moisture and use it to rebuild his body.

holy crap thats messed up then i say iceman

leonidas
Originally posted by Validus
Maybe the freeze won't work on CM. When his body was literally turned inside out, his magic invulnerability fixed him right up.

hmm, that's interesting. maybe cm COULD resist. i still see no way cm could actually defeat iceman though . . .

grey fox
Originally posted by leonidas
hmm, that's interesting. maybe cm COULD resist. i still see no way cm could actually defeat iceman though . . .

Shazam ?

Lightening is supposed to be 5 times hotter then the suns surface for a split second.

badabing
Marvel does have super speed. I don't know how he could completely destroy Iceman at his power set on this thread.

Validus
Stalemate until Blair Wind proves Bobby can top magic.

I challenge you BW! big grin

Accel

I say stalemate. I also say we must put an end to this Iceman epidemic.
Wasn't the whole "turning inside out" thing for an instant no matter who experienced it? I thought Marvel's magic invulnerability only allowed him to withstand the pain, rather than revert him back to normal.

Robtard
Originally posted by grey fox
Shazam ?

Lightening is supposed to be 5 times hotter then the suns surface for a split second.

WTF? My uncle Ned was struck by lightning and survived. Are you telling me Uncle Neddy (who's a raging alcoholic btw) is impervious to the Sun x5?

He-guy88
Originally posted by Robtard
WTF? My uncle Ned was struck by lightning and survived. Are you telling me Uncle Neddy (who's a raging alcoholic btw) is impervious to the Sun x5?

people have lived thru lighting strikes before

Juntai
WTF? My uncle Ned was struck by lightning and survived. Are you telling me Uncle Neddy (who's a raging alcoholic btw) is impervious to the Sun x5? What he said is a fact. There is variables involved with living through a lightning strike however. In one situation you could live through it, in another you may just explode in a spray of crimson mist.

Robtard
people have lived thru lighting strikes before

I'm not argueing that, my alcoholic uncle is living stumbling proof. I'm asking how he survived if lightning is hotter than the Sun.

Blair Wind
Stalemate until Blair Wind proves Bobby can top magic.

I challenge you BW! big grin

laughing

I can try. Let me see what I can come up with.

TheKahn
cm lacks supes speed and energy attacks. the use of speed and energy is the only way i can see supes winning. how does bobby's power work against magic? i doubt anyone knows, but assuming (for purposes of the thread) that he can stop molecular motion, cm loses imo. all he can do is punch him, maybe break him with lightning, but he has no way to really 'beat' bobby in the only way i can think of, and that is by scattering or seperating his consciousness.

bobby wins unless someone can tell me how cm can ko him. sad

The question would be, now that Bobby no longer has his secondary mutation and therefore wouldn't start off the fight in his ice form, does CM have enough speed to K.O./kill Iceman before he transforms. shifty

leonidas
Originally posted by TheKahn
The question would be, now that Bobby no longer has his secondary mutation and therefore wouldn't start off the fight in his ice form, does CM have enough speed to K.O./kill Iceman before he transforms. shifty

really? hmm, if that's the case, he likely does. so he what, starts in human form?

in any event, i think the thread is using blair wind's iceman . . . sad

He-guy88
I'm not argueing that, my alcoholic uncle is living stumbling proof. I'm asking how he survived if lightning is hotter than the Sun.

yes id like to know that to how the heck could it be 5x hotter then the sun

electricty kills by amps anyways not volts

TheKahn
really? hmm, if that's the case, he likely does. so he what, starts in human form?

in any event, i think the thread is using blair wind's iceman . . . sad

It just says "Omega-level Iceman" in the thread title, and as far as I know the current Iceman is still omega-level (he just isn't trapped in his ice form any longer) confused

He-guy88
yes id like to know that to how the heck could it be 5x hotter then the sun

electricty kills by amps anyways not volts

come to think of (as a treained electrican) it is 3x hotter then the sun but still its just the amps that kill so their u go

leonidas
but for the battles, wouldn't he start in his ice form? confused

i'm so confused about this character . . .cry

TheKahn
but for the battles, wouldn't he start in his ice form? confused

i'm so confused about this character . . .cry

Given the following forum rules:

"Neither side receives any notable prep time before the starting bell. Neither side may take any offensive or defensive actions before the starting bell. Planning is allowed and powers that are automatic or 'always on' can be up, but actions such as setting up forcefields, taking flight, or consciously activating powers is not."

then I wouldn't think that Iceman would get to start the fight in his ice form. Which is kind of ironic if you think about the fact that by losing his secondary mutation he actually becomes slightly more vulnerable in these forum fights (ie speedblitzing is an option).

The Fake Macoy
It isn't that the lightning is hotter, it's that it heats the air to hotter temperatures than the surface of the sun. Otherwise it would melt every lightning rod.

Accel
It just says "Omega-level Iceman" in the thread title, and as far as I know the current Iceman is still omega-level (he just isn't trapped in his ice form any longer) confused
Well, yeas, I'm referring to Iceman the way he was BEFORE HoM, not the one who currently has problems with his powers.
Given the following forum rules:

"Neither side receives any notable prep time before the starting bell. Neither side may take any offensive or defensive actions before the starting bell. Planning is allowed and powers that are automatic or 'always on' can be up, but actions such as setting up forcefields, taking flight, or consciously activating powers is not."

then I wouldn't think that Iceman would get to start the fight in his ice form. Which is kind of ironic if you think about the fact that by losing his secondary mutation he actually becomes slightly more vulnerable in these forum fights (ie speedblitzing is an option).
Why wouldn't he start in his ice form? That would be like Colossus not starting in his armored form or Banner starting in his human form. Heck, Captain Marvel would have to start off as Billy Batson.

Anyways, this IS Iceman starting the fight in his form. I wouldn't pit Bobby against a Captain Marvel speedblitz.

Milkie
Hope you guys know that this is "Magical Lightning" so it is going to be greater

He-guy88
Originally posted by The Fake Macoy
It isn't that the lightning is hotter, it's that it heats the air to hotter temperatures than the surface of the sun. Otherwise it would melt every lightning rod.

while the top may be true not the buttom even if its hotter the the poll their are some metals that have a mealting point that is beyoand the temps of the sun

Blair Wind
since when? really? can you name a metal?

cheap cabbage
Captain Marvel walks up to bobby has billy batson and hugs him. Iceman goes WTF and turns back into a human......SHAZAM! SHAZAM! SHAMZAM! Magic lightning turns bobby into a poop stain.

Milkie
Originally posted by Blair Wind

There are things on Earth that get hotter then the sun. There are also things that contain them. But they are probably not Metal.

He-guy88
Originally posted by Blair Wind

5780k the surface of the sun

8,720k iron

He-guy88
im going by wat the books say

leonidas
Originally posted by Milkie
There are things on Earth that get hotter then the sun. There are also things that contain them. But they are probably not Metal.

you're right. they are contained in fields of one sort or another.

Milkie
5780k the surface of the sun

8,720k iron

Constantly being at 5780k will melt Iron

He-guy88
i would appreate someone telling me if im wrong because then ill have to tell my teacher his book has a mistake in it its electrcity class

He-guy88
Constantly being at 5780k will melt Iron

well i would say if anything stays at a high temp long enough it would begin to mealt

He-guy88
well i would say if anything stays at a high temp long enough it would begin to mealt

sorry that right their could be inturpreted wrong so here -------^

if the metal reaches the mealting point then yes but if not then no it will just get hot as what is heating it

Milkie
Duh

That's basically what I was saying.

He-guy88
Duh

That's basically what I was saying.

all i did not see that post then sorry

Milkie
You quoted it...

He-guy88
You quoted it...

if something has a mealting point at 6,000
and the flame is only 1,000 it wont mealt till the flame reaches at least 6,000

that is wat ur saying right i was confussed

Milkie
Sure

He-guy88
Sure

ok got ya did i take a side on this tread??

Milkie
Billy Boy

He-guy88
Billy Boy

ok then he kicks on here and win

Milkie
WHAT!?

xmarksthespot
The melting point of iron is ~1800 K.
The mean surface temperature of the sun is ~6250 K.
no expression

Milkie
It doesn't matter Billy whens

badabing
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
The melting point of iron is ~1800 K.
The mean surface temperature of the sun is ~6250 K.
no expression
What's the temperature of Uranus?

Milkie

Soleran
Originally posted by badabing
What's the temperature of Uranus?

Depends on how spicy my dinner was!

badabing
Originally posted by Soleran
Depends on how spicy my dinner was! laughing

Milkie
LETS CONTINUE PLEASE

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.