Spawn Camping

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

PVS
what do you think of spawn campers? (people who pick a spot by a
spawn zone in a fps game like halo or graw, and continuously kill
their opponents the moment they appear, not giving them a chance
to move and defend themselves)

there appears to be 3 general opinions regarding this:

1-spawn camping is fair. its part of the game. its the victims' own
fault for allowing the enemy to infiltrate their spawn zone....etc.

2-spawn camping is a waste of time and spawn campers are a waste
of a good time gaming. it takes no talent to just click 'fire' over and
over and over, its unsportsmanlike and defeats the purpose of the game....etc.

3-its up to the host of the match to set rules agreed upon by all
guests. so long as they all agree, spawn camping is fair. if they
reject it, spawn camping is cheating.

as for #3, to those who snicker and say "yeah right!!! HA" you know
as well as i that disregarding clan matches this type of
communication and warning never happens. fine.
but lets just pretend its a perfect world and people are considerate
enough to not lure you into a spawncamp game without your knowledge.

so how do you view spawn camping?

RedAlertv2
It kinda depends. Sometimes Im playing Americas Army (fps) and Defense starts rushing me hardcore. Even though Im Assault, meaning Im supposed to be the one advancing. So naturally I stay put, and take them down. Then of course, I am accused of being a spawn camper and a wuss.

So I guess Im just saying that it really depends on the situation.

BackFire
I think it's lame. There's a reason most servers kick people doing it.

MadMel
true...i never spawn camp...and vote against those who do..

Smasandian
Yeah, they suck.

But I hate games on where the team has different spawn points around a certain area. (Call of Duty Team Deathmatch) and your the only on your team in that area, and you kill a bunch of guys that spawn and then people call you an spawn killer. I hate it because I just happen to be there at that time and I have to kill them because they will kill me.

Other games like TFC, I didnt mind spawn killing because it kinda of rewards the opposing team from successfully attacking the base and getting to that point. It's kinda of pointless to attack a base, then allow the opposing teams a chance to come back.

What I hate though is guys who know where the respawn is and just sit there and wait for people to come.

Mišt
Hehe..I used to spawn camp every spawn point in Goldeneye with the Golden Gun in Stack....after seeing the spawn pattern I just ran to each one and picked off my friends as soon as they turned up, funny as hell.
But that was just for shits, I dont do it real games, and I hate spawn sniping....I played Halo and got pwned after 3 steps everytime I came back.

MadMel
laughing out loud yeah that happens..in SW BF2, spawn killing is considered as bad as TKing, so u can sometimes get banned for it...

IcePunk
Spawn camping is nooby

Alpha Centauri
I agree, it's bull. Though it's one of those things that, in home multiplayer games, you can't really ban unless it's agreed.

I hate that. Whenever I've played Halo multiplayer it's been with people who play extremely fair to the point of not looking at each other's screens, which IS possible.

-AC

Lana
I can't stand when people do that. It's so stupid and annoying.

Though sometimes if my brother and I are playing Battlefront or Goldeneye we'll try and hunt down each other's spawn points just to piss each other off...I always find it funny when one of us will spawn and immediately kill the one trying to camp.

But yeah. In a real game? Spawn camping is a good way to get everyone to try and kill you. Or kicked from the game. Or both.

Koala MeatPie
Grrr, Or sometimes what they do is Mine all the Area aroudn spawn points, So if you don't blow up when you spawn, you will as oon as you exit the door / turn the corner etc etc.

Then you can't track down "Who done it".

Red Superfly
I play loads of games and spawn camping I find incredibly lame.

I don't worry about it because I'm usually the victim of spawn camping once or twice per match, and thats if it's really bad. I always get a kill back by killing spawn campers easily once they stupidly give their positions away.

Camping is such a stupid strategy. It doesn't always work, and only serves to piss everyone off.

I much prefer my strategy - know when to hide, know when to run, don't get killed and know when to gun everyone the f*ck down.

I regularly win, and regularly get the best death/kill ratio mainly because I never camp and nobody has any excuses when I put them out of their misery with some gunishment.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by BackFire

thumb up

It pisses me off. Be considerate and play the frikkin game right.

IcePunk
Originally posted by H. S. 6
thumb up

It pisses me off. Be considerate and play the frikkin game right. Even though when you say it in the chat they ignore it and continues being nooby as hell, guess what I call those people? mad laughing

MadMel
spawn camping is always done in CTF matches...also 'flag camping'..a couple of mines near the enemy flag point....when you try to score..boom!

Smasandian
Dude, flag camping?

That's called being defensive. The developers obviously put mines in the game for a reason.
There is nothing wrong with putting mines near a flag. That's the whole point. It's a bad game if they're isnt any way to detenote them before you get there.

Mišt
I think it was Unreal Tournament or something...I dont think Ive got it on my PC anymore...there was a fun CTF level I used to play all the time....camping the flag was so fun, there was a ledge in your base you could sit on and snipe all the way to the other team's flag, so everytime they stole the flag, I'd pick them off right at their flag.

Smasandian
Would you call it unfair?

I wouldnt. I call it part of the game.

When thinking of CTF, I always think of TFC (my fav online game ever), and how the demoguy, heavy weapons guy and sniper would stick back and protect the flag. That's what the game is about. Attacking and defending. If some schmuck decides to go rambo at the flag and dies from an pipe bomb, its his/her fault.

Mišt
Not really, because its the type of game where you get a bunch of people randomly spawning non stop, so if you die, 3 secs later you're back in. And CTF are all about defending the base, whereas if its a deathmatch or something where the goal is to get the most kills, thats cheating.

MadMel
Originally posted by Smasandian
Dude, flag camping?

That's called being defensive. The developers obviously put mines in the game for a reason.
There is nothing wrong with putting mines near a flag. That's the whole point. It's a bad game if they're isnt any way to detenote them before you get there.
Dude, read what i said..roll eyes (sarcastic)
'flag camping' is putting mines in the enemies flag spot...that way enemy doesnt get a chance to score..hardly a defensive manouvere

MadMel
Originally posted by MadMel
'flag camping' is putting mines in the enemies flag spot...that way enemy doesnt get a chance to score..harzdly a defensive manouvere roll eyes (sarcastic)

Red Superfly
Originally posted by MadMel
'flag camping' is putting mines in the enemies flag spot...that way enemy doesnt get a chance to score..hardly a defensive manouvere

I'd call it a defensive maneouver.

There's still ways around it.

I wish people would stop blaming their ineptitude in games on things like "flag camping". Flag-camp them back, and instead of spending time coming up with rediculous terms like flag-camping, perfect your skills and shoot them in the head and blow their shit up.

If someones using a technique, that technique is also avaliable to you. If the game ends up devolving into a battle of crazy techniques, and doesn't resemble the game it should be, then it's the games fault for being flawed and not having rules and measures in place to prevent things like that.

Maestro
The way I see it is that it really depends on what type of map your playing and the rules that apply for it, for example, take Counterstrike if your terroist and your playing a bomb map, I see that as pretty lame seeing that your objective is to plant/protect a bomb. Whereas if it's a map like where you have to protect the hostages e.g. cs_italy, camping in the house is ok, as your aim is to make sure the hostages aren't taken, and your best bet to prevent this is to keep close by.

Red Superfly
Originally posted by Maestro
The way I see it is that it really depends on what type of map your playing and the rules that apply for it, for example, take Counterstrike if your terroist and your playing a bomb map, I see that as pretty lame seeing that your objective is to plant/protect a bomb. Whereas if it's a map like where you have to protect the hostages e.g. cs_italy, camping in the house is ok, as your aim is to make sure the hostages aren't taken, and your best bet to prevent this is to keep close by.

Obviously.

People complaining about campers in games where camping is a logical thing to do are completely missing the point and need to go sharpen their skills.

Camping is just annoying because you weren't expecting a bullet through your head by running past a certain area that is "usually" free. If you keep running into the same traps over and over it's your own fault after that.

If you also leave your base and go rambo looking for a flag like a bunch of headless chickens, don't act like a team, and the enemy rigs your base full of explosives, you shouldn't really complain when you get blown sky high. Blame your shit team, not the guys that blew you up. It's just capitalising on stupidity.

Maestro
Originally posted by Red Superfly
Obviously.

People complaining about campers in games where camping is a logical thing to do are completely missing the point and need to go sharpen their skills.

Camping is just annoying because you weren't expecting a bullet through your head by running past a certain area that is "usually" free. If you keep running into the same traps over and over it's your own fault after that.

If you also leave your base and go rambo looking for a flag like a bunch of headless chickens, don't act like a team, and the enemy rigs your base full of explosives, you shouldn't really complain when you get blown sky high. Blame your shit team, not the guys that blew you up. It's just capitalising on stupidity.

You have a point, but on the other side of the argument you've got to understand that it gets to an extent when camping becomes to excessive & this consequently ruins the way a person wants to play a game, which is why people complain about it.

Smasandian

Camping sometimes serves a useful purpose. If your the only person left on the map, and the team has 10 guys still alive. You have to camp.
Also, in real life, where the games are based on, camping is setting up an ambush. In real life, thats called being a good general.

In TFC, when the attacking team gets into the opposing base, I hate it when people complain that they're spawn camping.
What else are they going to do?
I think it rewards them for being good at attacking the base. They're not directly in your spawn area, they just set up a couple of turrets to keep off the flow of reinforcements.
I dont think thats spawn killing. I just think that's perfect offensive strategy, which can be countered.

NineCoronas

DarkC
Spawn killers: Bastards with no real skill.

Tha C-Master
Its not "cheating" but its cheap... unless of course there is a rule set against it, THEN its cheating.

El_NINO
After playing many Muliplayer FPS ive come to this conclusion

1) The server has rules that allow you to do it then its ok.

2) If the server allows it then its actually fair but cheap in a way if you do it.

3) If the server allows it then people get angry at you and then you get banned.

SnakeEyes
Spawn camping is one of those things where it can be fun as hell to do, but you hate anyone else who does it.

Zen2nd
I remember once I was in a tank outside a spawning area and I decided I would take pity them seeing as I thought it was unfair so I said to myself I'll only shoot them if they fire at me, which didn't really change much as they still decided to face a tank with a machine gun.

MadMel
I'd call it a defensive maneouver.

There's still ways around it.

I wish people would stop blaming their ineptitude in games on things like "flag camping". Flag-camp them back, and instead of spending time coming up with rediculous terms like flag-camping, perfect your skills and shoot them in the head and blow their shit up.

If someones using a technique, that technique is also avaliable to you. If the game ends up devolving into a battle of crazy techniques, and doesn't resemble the game it should be, then it's the games fault for being flawed and not having rules and measures in place to prevent things like that.
dude, i wasnt against flag camping, its almost impossible not to do it in 1flag ctf games

PINBALL
I agree with SnakeEyes, also its not cheating people hate it because:
1) Rounds take WAY too long.
2) People sometimes totally get owned.

MadMel
1.hmm, maybe...i dont care how long a round takes..in fact the longer the better in my opinion..
2.they get totaly owned unfairly...it may not be cheating, but its very cheap..

PINBALL
Its not cheap, camping is a smart tactic the better players know its smart and they use it.

PVS
ok, this is the part where i ask everyone to not swoop in and tear pinball apart, or anyone else who will support spawncamping. ive seen many threads sink to the depths of flamage with this very topic.

anyway, i'll give my opinion now...i see no skill in spawn camping, and fail to see it as a tactic. the arguments i get on other forums are as follows:

1-you have to be good to make it to their spawn.

this is an argument i completely disagree with. when playing graw, i have gone straight to their spawn on many occasions without making contact. i call that dumb luck, not skill. i dont get to the other side and say "daaaaaaaaams i'm goooooooood" ...btw, i have done this playing top notch gamers. many times you just luck out and get to the other side unseen because they are elsewhere looking to bust a cap in your ass.

2-they shouldnt have let you get there in the first place. so its their fault because they suck

another pointless argument imho. maybe they DO suck, but isnt it more fun to kill them on the field, knowing they are not cripped by the disposition of being spawn camping? so you are really giving them an excuse for being beaten, arent you? ...but that doesnt matter, because as per the first point, people can get to your spawn by dumb luck, and its quite stupid and boring for a team to just sit at their spawn to avoid campers. and...when you think about it, if both teams did that...there really wouldnt be a game,, would there?

3-its just part of the game. deal with it.

so are cheats and glitching as well as modding/bridging. so that makes them ok too? when some dickhead host lags you out on halo2, thats fair because its part of the game? i think not.

4-its realistic in that you are capturing their base. i guess you are, but if thats the case you should be playing a territory match instead. as for realism, no military is stupid enough to constantly drop troops into an extraction zone already taken over my the enemy...so much for the 'realistic' aspect.

what i find troubling is the people who voted for spawn camping being fair disregarding host/guest rules. kinda rude if you ask me. the very people i boot from the games i host. i mean, anyone with a degree of class would opt for #3 if they supported spawn camping imho.

SaTsuJiN
hmm well.. while I dont agree that its sportsmanlike... I do find it fun to annoy people with 'because' its a part of the game mechanics...

however.. the real issue of this is the spawn points... there arent enough of them.. which makes them predictable.. there should be a seperate part of script that tells the game to spawn the player in an area devoid of enemy players or an area that has the least amount of enemy activity.. any ground based coordinates should be accessible to this feature... the funny part is this has been going on since first person shooters existed...yet the developers still have not tried to impliment some kind of anti spawn kill system... I think a few have tried the " ## seconds of invulnerability " after spawning.. which does kinna help.. but i'd like something a lil more spicy and complex

PVS
well, CoD2 does have random spawn points, which helps alot

:edit: i always turn spawn invulnarability off in the games i host, since the problem is that while you are invulnerable, you also cannot move or even look around. so all an enemy has to do is count to (whatever the spawn time is set to) and let one fly at your skull. so its pointless imho

PINBALL
Well I'm not really supporting camping, I'm just saying people do it and most people don't like it because its annoying. I don't camp because its not very fun, but I think people can camp if they want. I think it is a tactic because you have to work as a team to spawn camp. One guy can't do it alone.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by PVS
:edit: i always turn spawn invulnarability off in the games i host, since the problem is that while you are invulnerable, you also cannot move or even look around. so all an enemy has to do is count to (whatever the spawn time is set to) and let one fly at your skull. so its pointless imho

heh.. the spawn invul idea can also backfire.. giving the invulnerable individual dibs on the first shot... unless of course the program doesnt allow that..

-------------------------------------------------------

I like corridor type gunfighting rather than the outdoorsy stuff though..it puts a damper on the 1 hit kill weapons that plague the spawn camp phenomena

snipers are a wildcard in this discussion though.. simply because they dont have to be near the spawn point.. but just keep their scopes open for fresh nublets.. so its difficult to say that they are spawn 'camping'.. since they're nowhere near it

PVS
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
heh.. the spawn invul idea can also backfire.. giving the invulnerable individual dibs on the first shot... unless of course the program doesnt allow that..

thats the thing, unfortunately...it doesnt. it would be best if you could run but not shoot, while being invincible when you spawn. that would fix the problem imho, as well as more selectable spawn points.

Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

snipers are a wildcard in this discussion though.. simply because they dont have to be near the spawn point.. but just keep their scopes open for fresh nublets.. so its difficult to say that they are spawn 'camping'.. since they're nowhere near it

naaaaaa. distance is irrelevant. they camp at a distance, they snipe people the moment they spawn = spawn camp

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by SnakeEyes
Spawn camping is one of those things where it can be fun as hell to do, but you hate anyone else who does it.

That's precisely why I don't spawn camp. It takes the fun out.

Where's the fun in knowing there's no danger of dying? That's where the excitement is. Running away from someone firing at you.

-AC

SaTsuJiN
given that spawn camping seems like it will continue as long as FPS's have sniper rifles... I'd have to say that the map design is important in influencing a players decision to spawncamp.. as people will only do what they're allowed to... OR... the game could delay your spawn time for every enemy killed within 5 seconds of their spawning.. so when you die you'd be waitin a while as a price for your trigger finger

PVS
man, i had some assclown yelling and arguing with me last night because i made an announcement of "no spawn camping" before i launched the game. you should have heard this guy piss and moan and cry. you would think i just pissed all over his xbox and kicked his dog down the stairs. what is with these people? find another frikin lobby! there's plenty more. ffs...

he wouldnt stfu so i booted him, then he keeps coming back to continue bitching. so i boot him for the fifth time and launch the game, then comes the angry voice message.

just some 12 year old screaming timmy, right? WRONG!!! grown ass man.

El_NINO
Originally posted by PVS
man, i had some assclown yelling and arguing with me last night because i made an announcement of "no spawn camping" before i launched the game. you should have heard this guy piss and moan and cry. you would think i just pissed all over his xbox and kicked his dog down the stairs. what is with these people? find another frikin lobby! there's plenty more. ffs...

he wouldnt stfu so i booted him, then he keeps coming back to continue bitching. so i boot him for the fifth time and launch the game, then comes the angry voice message.

just some 12 year old screaming timmy, right? WRONG!!! grown ass man.

laughing

Well In CS you cant really spawn camp unless your playing in a Deathmatch Server, even then you get to kill 2 or 3 max then you die. Day of Defeat really pissed me off when people would do that but then again I would die 2 times and know where they are camped.

This is a little off topic but I want to get CoD 2 but I dont know if its worth getting. The gamespot review was a 50/50 coverage of the game. Is this game worth getting because its either CoD 2 or Day of Defeat.

PVS
the CoD2 campaign mode is just....bliss. i wish i could erase my memory of it so i could enjoy it all again. the online play is great...but way overshadowed by graw.

Phat J
Originally posted by El_NINO
laughing

Well In CS you cant really spawn camp unless your playing in a Deathmatch Server, even then you get to kill 2 or 3 max then you die. Day of Defeat really pissed me off when people would do that but then again I would die 2 times and know where they are camped.

This is a little off topic but I want to get CoD 2 but I dont know if its worth getting. The gamespot review was a 50/50 coverage of the game. Is this game worth getting because its either CoD 2 or Day of Defeat.

i always thought spawn camping was when you canmped in your own spawn and jsut waited for people to come to you, thats what everyone in CS seemed to think it was.

if your talking about the xbox version, id recomend getting the other one because i was really disapointed with the whole experience of CoD 2. then again if you have a 360 that version looked pretty good, but i wouldnt really know.

PVS
no, that would mean they were camping their own spawn...a mostly futile tactic which usually ends up with the camped team getting their asses kicked...i guess the only perk is that they dont have to walk far to get sniped again. also, when people pull that strategy they force the other team into their spawn (what else are they supposed to do) so then they pretty much forfeit their right to not be camped, at least in the games i host....punishment for making the game dull.

PVS
*bump*

so thats it? wow! every time i see this topic at other forums its debated as harshly as politics. i was hoping for more input.

RedAlertv2
Are we talking about camping the enemy spawn, or camping your own?

PVS
enemy spawn.

and from that the topic is whether its a noble practice if (in the rare to none occasion) that a lobby host informs their guests that spawn camping is legal. when you reach that conclusion, select your choice on the poll.

some, like me, have their own passions about it. i think its just braindead and really doesnt show consistant skill. i think the true mark of skill is to maintain the asskicking for the whole round, rather than be skillful for about 25 seconds and then just sit there hitting the trigger over and over. i also fail to see how anyone, including the ones spawncamping, is actually having fun.

some members, who are quite the unique snowflakes,
insist that its a legal tactic even if the house rules are against.

forumcrew
graw has easy solution, have multiple choices to spawn, if the other team can manage to take over every single one then I think at that point your already getting your killed and they mine as well camp it to end it.

PINBALL
^That makes total sense if you are getting spawn camped its because you are getting pwned everywhere else.....

PVS
not necessarily imho:

Originally posted by PVS
1-you have to be good to make it to their spawn.

this is an argument i completely disagree with. when playing graw, i have gone straight to their spawn on many occasions without making contact. i call that dumb luck, not skill. i dont get to the other side and say "daaaaaaaaams i'm goooooooood" ...btw, i have done this playing top notch gamers. many times you just luck out and get to the other side unseen because they are elsewhere looking to bust a cap in your ass.

2-they shouldnt have let you get there in the first place. so its their fault because they suck

another pointless argument imho. maybe they DO suck, but isnt it more fun to kill them on the field, knowing they are not cripped by the disposition of being spawn camping? so you are really giving them an excuse for being beaten, arent you? ...but that doesnt matter, because as per the first point, people can get to your spawn by dumb luck, and its quite stupid and boring for a team to just sit at their spawn to avoid campers. and...when you think about it, if both teams did that...there really wouldnt be a game,, would there?

SaTsuJiN
heh.. usually the first thing I do when I spawn is run for cover.. or at least try to survive the initial headshot attempts by crouching instantly

PVS
the first thing i do is boot the spawncampers stick out tongue

BackFire
Originally posted by PVS
the first thing i do is boot the spawncampers stick out tongue

My hero

PVS
My hero

well, i would be a lazy good-for-nothing dead-beat host if i didnt...right?

BackFire
Yes

PVS
so since i do, im just a lazy good-for-nothing. big grin

BackFire
That's okay, I'm too lazy to even type that out.

bogen
camping is the best way to offend a person/guild in WoW.
i advise against it, though i am not inoccent i camped some rouge once for sneakin up on my while i was enchanting.
only camped him twice, so it doesn't count, does it?

crazy_shadow
Quake 3 spawn camping in 1 vs 1......PISSES THE HELL OUT OF ME OFF

Phat J
camping is ill, i love that shit. its the only way i get kills in cs, i do rush when i have to but campings way more fun. wait for buddy to walk around the corner and pop him in the head, it doesnt get any better than that.

by the way does anybody have an old cs account taht they dont use? cuz everyones that i used to use changed their passwords on me.

PVS
Originally posted by Phat J
camping is ill, i love that shit. its the only way i get kills in cs, i do rush when i have to but campings way more fun. wait for buddy to walk around the corner and pop him in the head, it doesnt get any better than that.

by the way does anybody have an old cs account taht they dont use? cuz everyones that i used to use changed their passwords on me.

thats not spawn camping. spawn camping is if there is a fixed spawn point, and you go there and aim your weapon directly at it, and proceed to kill them as soon as they appear(repeat over and over for the entire match until you have like 3000 kills.)

if they have a chance to move, then its fair imho. though some 'geniuses' think they can take advantage of the situation by spawn camping, yet they would allow the enemy to move like one step and then fire. another genius
decides to run into the spawn and run around in a circle. he claimed he was simply spawn sweeping, but it was obvious that he was popping them off one by one the second they spawned. both gamers cried till no end when i called it just what it was.

the reason i HATE spawn camping is that it destroys the legitimacy of victory.
ill get done with a match of complete and total ownage, yet when we get back to the lobby, i hear "SPAWN CAMPING ********!!!" etc. so there goes my glory sad so i would get the camper's name and 9 times out of 10 it would turn out from the game review that even though they camped, they still sucked ass.
thats the irony of spawn camping: most of the gamers who feel the need to do it still cant rack up many points.

NineCoronas
It's a legitimate tactic! laughing out loud Someone tried telling me that before.

Phat J
Originally posted by PVS
thats not spawn camping. spawn camping is if there is a fixed spawn point, and you go there and aim your weapon directly at it, and proceed to kill them as soon as they appear(repeat over and over for the entire match until you have like 3000 kills.)

if they have a chance to move, then its fair imho. though some 'geniuses' think they can take advantage of the situation by spawn camping, yet they would allow the enemy to move like one step and then fire. another genius
decides to run into the spawn and run around in a circle. he claimed he was simply spawn sweeping, but it was obvious that he was popping them off one by one the second they spawned. both gamers cried till no end when i called it just what it was.

the reason i HATE spawn camping is that it destroys the legitimacy of victory.
ill get done with a match of complete and total ownage, yet when we get back to the lobby, i hear "SPAWN CAMPING ********!!!" etc. so there goes my glory sad so i would get the camper's name and 9 times out of 10 it would turn out from the game review that even though they camped, they still sucked ass.
thats the irony of spawn camping: most of the gamers who feel the need to do it still cant rack up many points.

whoa, i didnt say spawn camping, i said camping. camping is fun, as long as your not unfair about it.

PVS
Originally posted by Phat J
whoa, i didnt say spawn camping, i said camping. camping is fun, as long as your not unfair about it.

its also a legit military tactic to sit and snipe. really its irrelevant.
dont get me wrong, i know people will cry about it and some even call it cheating,
but anyone above the mentallity of a 10 year old (if i'm losing, you're cheating) can see that camping is fair.
i find it to be lame and boring when all the enemies are camped throughout the map, but thats just my thing.

but yeah, the topic is spawn camping.

DarkC
I camp, but I don't spawn camp.

PVS
hehehe "first spawn camper ever"

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v499/PVS/FirstSpawncampEver.jpg

Maestro
depends on a map, for example, take cs_italy on counterstrike, camping at the spawn for terroists is a good strategical move as it allows you to watch over the hostages and also provides you with good spots for taking out enemies. While spawn camping as the counter terroist on the map means your not gonna achieve anything because your not saving the hossies and just wasting time, unless you happen to run across a terroist.

SaTsuJiN
I say its a valid tactic.. and vote "fair"

((The_Anomaly))
I think people who complain about spawn camping just cant handle getting pwned, and cant dish out the pwnage either.

zOMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11 no expression

PVS
i think people who spawn camp cant handle any reasonable challenge, and thus have to exploit the game's system of respawning in order to not allow their opponents to even move.

K73SK
well spawn camping does ruin the fun in the game, and the chances of having "funny moments" within the game. when people don't spawn camp, there are lots of funny moments that are possible. besides, why waste a good ammount of time sitting in one place pushing the same button over and over? where's the point and fun of the game? the people who are bein spawn camped...why do you try to continue play? it's a waste of time in your life, just ****ing leave and play a fun ame

DarkC
People who spawn camp have no real skill.

IceJaw
Agreed.

They solely rely on the fact that it takes at least a few seconds for their victims to know where they've spawned (and what the situation is) and that split second it takes for them to see where the no skilled gunfire is coming from. -.-

EDIT: But there are many ways to prevent this, like giving the newly respawned player a second or half a second of invulnerability.

Maestro
Some games now have mods where camping for too long actually makes you lose health, which kind of combats the problem in a small way.

MadMel
hmm..i stll prefer my incredible lightspeed dodge..or more likely the lack of accuracy of the spawn camper laughing out loud

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.