vulcan vs alpha flight

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

juggernaut66666
my bet is on Vulcan

juggernaut66666
vulcan can steal others abilities can stop time can control others powers has geokinesis has super adaptice phisiology can manipulate enregy on extrmly high level has psionic powers can create extremly high tempretured fire

King_Mungi
Many of Alpha Flight members can do that as well, from what we have seen he really isn't anything special yet.

Marvel Boy
Vulcan will take. He went throught the x-men as if they were nothing

Lucid Lui
Meh, Vulcan hasn't impressed me too much yet. He's mainly had a solid element of surprise on his side against the X-Men so far.

Alpha could take him.

juggernaut66666
i'm sure he can take them after he is on omega level

he just stops time and kills them one by one
or takes away their powers
or uses their powers to kill each other

Rewmac
vulcan without trouble

Kool-Aid
Yeah, Vulcan would win this, probably pretty easy. Rachel Summers even said he was beyond omega.

Kool-Aid
Originally posted by juggernaut66666
vulcan can steal others abilities can stop time can control others powers has geokinesis has super adaptice phisiology can manipulate enregy on extrmly high level has psionic powers can create extremly high tempretured fire

Plus stop characters from using powers.

Soujaboy
Vulcan is one of the most badass mutants. The question isn't what can he do, but what cant he do?

he takes this 10/10, oh yea and his brothers are jealous

King_Mungi
Except thet have members who are omega level mystics and can do all the stuff he can do plus oh so much more. One look into the Void and Vulcan is dead. Shaman alone could take him.

Soleran
Maybe but only if he gets the drop on him.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Soleran
Maybe but only if he gets the drop on him.

Shaman gets the drop on him? no way the spirits would automatically tell him what exactally to expect.

Shaman can stop time too, just by saying "shush". Big whoop. Talisman is even stronger than him.
1. http://i35.photobucket.com/albums/d187/A_Flight/scan0014.jpg

King_Mungi
Hell it's even possible for Aurora to take him out alone with her speed and superior reflexes attacking before he can do anything. Alpha Flight is greatly underated, even look at Box feats even Guardian feats.
1. http://alphanex.alphaflight.net/index.php/Aurora

juggernaut66666
vulcan just does not allow them to use their powers and kills them

King_Mungi
vulcan just does not allow them to use their powers and kills them

Except Alpha Flight has members that can take him out even before he thinks. As many of Alpha Flight members are speedsters some of the fastest in the Marvel universe. Also how can he shut off their powers, when majority arn't even mutants? It aint going to happen.

juggernaut66666
he shut off an omega sentinel force field without any effort

King_Mungi
because he manipulates energy patterns, as many members of Alpha Flight arn't like that or magical based. They have WAY to much versility for him to even hope to beat a well written Alpha Flight.

Hell that feat was something Guardian could do, or Madison Jeffries.

juggernaut66666
and he can also steal their abilities or just controll their abilites alpha flight in hulk buster armor almost got trashed by depowered juggernaut

Soujaboy
He can also adapt to any situation

juggernaut66666
yep

King_Mungi
and he can also steal their abilities or just controll their abilites

No he can't, he blocked Cyclops and Mrs.Marvel's powers for all we know due to their genetics as Havok can't hurt Cyclops it's most likely the same way with their sibling as well. Guardian with one sweep could literally shut off his brain

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Soujaboy
He can also adapt to any situation

You can't adapt when your already ko'ed or adapt to magic

juggernaut66666
he fried emma frost mind when she used the cerbro

King_Mungi
he fried emma frost mind when she used the cerbro

and?.....if that's it, I'm far from impressed.

juggernaut66666
the timemanipulation and geokinesis and super adaptive powers were stolen frm his team mates

King_Mungi
the timemanipulation and geokinesis and super adaptive powers were stolen frm his team mates

and.....? Majority of Alpha FLight members can do what he can do plus more. Shaman alone just sucks him into the Void and calls it a day.

juggernaut66666
how can he suck him in to the void if vulcan not allows him to use his powers?

King_Mungi
how can he suck him in to the void if vulcan not allows him to use his powers?

Do you honestly think he can stop Shaman from using his magic? Come on now. Magical demons tried before and failed, why would Vulcan be able to when his powers arn't even magical. Not going to happen.

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Shaman vs. Atomic Bomb
Avengers #323-324-After the Avengers set off a nuclear bomb that Russian terrorists hijacked, all the heroes and Newfoundland are about to be killed. However, Shaman's quick thinking saves everyone by inverting his poutch sucking everyone and even the land into it. He was already getting exhausted transporting people from Newfoundland far away from the possible blast area and then performed this feat. He held the dimensions for over 2 hours, what a beast. Problem is he couldn't release them earlier due to they all became poisoned by the radiation so he couldn't bring them through. He probally could have cleanzed them himself, but at this point he was already exhausted. They eventually get cleanzed and Shaman saves the day. Now that's a badass feat.

1. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/avengers_v1_323_01_rougher.jpg
2. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/avengers_v1_323_02_rougher.jpg
3. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/avengers_v1_323_03_rougher.jpg
4. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/avengers_v1_323_04_rougher.jpg
5. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/avengers_v1_323_05_rougher.jpg
6. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/avengers_v1_323_06_rougher.jpg
7. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/avengers_v1_324_07_rougher.jpg
8. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/avengers_v1_324_13_rougher.jpg
9. http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/A_Flight6/avengers_v1_324_17_rougher.jpg

Soujaboy
Well you have some good points, but there is no way that they can stop him from just stealing and adapting to there powers.

King_Mungi
Well you have some good points, but there is no way that they can stop him from just stealing and adapting to there powers.

Except he has never done that, and majority of Alpha Flight members don't have mutants powers they are technological based or magical. How can he steal their powers as he never has even really even been shown to do that? One look into the void and his mind is gone. He loses.

Lucid Lui
Is there even anything to make us think Vulcan can steal Non-Mutant powers?

bitca730
Good question...

Kool-Aid
Except he has never done that, and majority of Alpha Flight members don't have mutants powers they are technological based or magical. How can he steal their powers as he never has even really even been shown to do that? One look into the void and his mind is gone. He loses.

Yeah he has stolen powers.

He didn't orginaly have psy powers then he did latter on.

Not to mention he stole the powers of his former teammates.

Vulcans not just omega level hes way above that.

He could adapt to the void and he'd be fine.

Plus the fact that he has psychic and time minpulation powers would keep him from ever having to rely on using his adapt ability.

And don't say he can't adapt to the void because so far he/Darwin has been able to adapt to everything.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Kool-Aid
Yeah he has stolen powers.

He didn't orginaly have psy powers then he did latter on.

Not to mention he stole the powers of his former teammates.

Vulcans not just omega level hes way above that.

He could adapt to the void and he'd be fine.

Plus the fact that he has psychic and time minpulation powers would keep him from ever having to rely on using his adapt ability.

And don't say he can't adapt to the void because so far he/Darwin has been able to adapt to everything.

Stolden non-mutants? no. People with technological powers? no. People with magical based powers? no.

Who did he use psy powers on?

Unless I missed something how this happened was never fully explained yet.

and Alpha FLight has multiple omega level mutants, plus Dr.Strange level magic users. Multiple people who can speed blitz him even before he thinks. Vulcan doesn't stand a chance.

Pfft...no he wouldn't.

Alpha Flight has members that can block psychic attacks and members who can do all the things with time same as Vulcan. He has no advantage there at all. Magic trumps anything Vulcan could ever hope to dish out.

No he wouldn't, it's magical in nature he can't adapt to magical aspects. Even just taking a glimpse he would instantly lose his mind. Can't adapt when your mind is already gone

bitca730
Alpha Flight wins...

juggernaut66666
alpha flight mutants a far below omega level and don't compare shaman or talisman to dr strange cause they are nowhere to him

juggernaut66666
he can just shut off guardians suit

King_Mungi
alpha flight mutants a far below omega level and don't compare shaman or talisman to dr strange cause they are nowhere to him

No their not, and Earthmover is said to be an omega level mystic. No again it was stated multiple times that Talisman is equal to Dr.Strange

he can just shut off guardians suit

Unlikely, as he would be speed blitzes before he even knows who he is fighting. Or banished by many of the other members of Alpha Flight as they are capable of this. They have way to much versilitity for Vulcan.

Lucid Lui
Alot of people seem to think Vulcan is a complete master of all his powers. In his original powers, the energy manipulation powers, he's obviously very skilled. In the others, the time stopping, geo-morphing ones, he's not. He only just got them. It's even stated in the comic that he doesn't know how to control them yet.

And alot of the ways people saying he can win, people on Alpha Flight (who have alot more experience) can do the exact same things. And more.

juggernaut66666
he is master of all his power that's why he is above omega level

DarkCrawler
Okay...this thread is funny. laughing out loud

Soleran
Vulcan crush's them like a bunch of Worms! The picture is just a bonus I had to use it again!

theobvious

But Vulcan still has energy manipulating powers. And If I Remember Correctly, Everything Uses Energy Whether It's Magic, Technology, OR Mutant Powers.

Dr.Fate
so basiclly he's invincible and unstoppable. I'm sorry but thats stupid people are always getting on superman's case cause he can do anything well this guy is even worse. (not saying superman is bad but you get the idea). I think its kind of a stupid idea for a character if you let him stop others powers, control time and other things like that its not really fair and just makes fans not want to read it because he would never lose.

of course I doubt he's that powerful marvel isn't that stupid and Alpha Flight rocks. Not saying either would stomp the other one but Alpha Flight would win. The only thing that can defeat them is marvel cancelling there series...

which happens alot sad

ExodusCloak
Originally posted by Dr.Fate
so basiclly he's invincible and unstoppable. I'm sorry but thats stupid people are always getting on superman's case cause he can do anything well this guy is even worse. (not saying superman is bad but you get the idea). I think its kind of a stupid idea for a character if you let him stop others powers, control time and other things like that its not really fair and just makes fans not want to read it because he would never lose.

of course I doubt he's that powerful marvel isn't that stupid and Alpha Flight rocks. Not saying either would stomp the other one but Alpha Flight would win. The only thing that can defeat them is marvel cancelling there series...

which happens alot sad

Agreed, the worst part is he's classed as an Omega PLUS mutant, which makes no sense since Omega is suppose to mean the"Last". However I think Vulcan will lose a lot of his power in the near future, as cool as he may be there's no way you can keep a comic interesting with such a powerful bad guy without making his demise look ridiculous. Unless they planned this so they can bring The Phoenix back.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
And alot of the ways people saying he can win, people on Alpha Flight (who have alot more experience) can do the exact same things. And more.

Exactally

Originally posted by theobvious
But Vulcan still has energy manipulating powers. And If I Remember Correctly, Everything Uses Energy Whether It's Magic, Technology, OR Mutant Powers.

No magical powers are different, even a human with super powers from getting a bite from a radioactive spider is different from a mutant. Alpha FLight has a member that can control and overide the entire EM-spectrum. Guy even took down Galactus on his own. It's very unlikely he could manipulate magical powers.

1.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v118/Nidaime-Sama/GuardianGalactus.jpg

theobvious
You said unlikely, not impossible.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by theobvious
You said unlikely, not impossible.

Science and magic are two seperate entities, Guardian can manipulate the entire E-M field, as well as light, sonics, but he can't manipulate magic. It's a compeltly different science.

Soleran
Science and magic are two seperate entities, Guardian can manipulate the entire E-M field, as well as light, sonics, but he can't manipulate magic. It's a compeltly different science.

lol you said magic is sciencesmile Apparently Thanos and Odin disagree with your description of powerssmile

King_Mungi
lol you said magic is sciencesmile Apparently Thanos and Odin disagree with your description of powerssmile

Yes magic is a science not as technology or our modern day science, but it's a field of knowledge one who has no experience what's so ever with it would not be able to manipulate it.

ExodusCloak

Vulcan is not confined to the E-M Spectrum, he manipulates ALL energy.(Mystical Energy. Biological and most probably Cosmic Energy). Magic is Energy.

Validus
How can he be beyond omega level? That reeks of fanwank style writing.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by ExodusCloak
Vulcan is not confined to the E-M Spectrum, he manipulates ALL energy.(Mystical Energy. Biological and most probably Cosmic Energy). Magic is Energy.

No it wasn't, I have Deadly Gensesis and he hasn't even remotly shown he could do that.

ExodusCloak
Professor Xavier describes Vulcans powers as an Energy Manipulator(Notice he didn't link Vulcan to a specific energy) with great potential. The Nature of his powers would allow him do this. So far he's been able to manipulate Radio Waves(Mental Energy) and Electromagnetic Energy(Optic Energy), he's tampered with Biological Energy(Chemical I think) too by shutting down Rachels and Scotts powers. It's the nature of his powers that allows him to manipulate ALL energy.

http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/2960/vulcan1az.jpg

Here's the part of the comic where they label Vulcan as an Omega PLUS mutant.

http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/4036/omegaplus6ri.jpg
http://img272.imageshack.us/img272/7923/omegaplus20qk.jpg

King_Mungi
I have the entire series (or what is released so far), prove to me he can manipualte magical fields.

Also for all we know he manipulated Marvel Girl and Cyclops as they are next of kin to him. As Havok can't hurt Cyclops and vice versa.

Soleran
Originally posted by Validus
How can he be beyond omega level? That reeks of fanwank style writing.

Just because something goes beyond Omega doesn't mean bad writing............................there wasn't a reason in marvel to measure beyond that, now there is apparently.

ExodusCloak
I have the entire series (or what is released so far), prove to me he can manipualte magical fields.

Also for all we know he manipulated Marvel Girl and Cyclops as they are next of kin to him. As Havok can't hurt Cyclops and vice versa.

Prove he can't, Xavier calls him an Energy manipulator with great potential, he doesn't specify what energies he is limited to, because there is no limit.(Hence the Omega Mutant Label after he absorbs the powers of Sway, Petra and Darwin who are also probable Omegas he becomes an Omega PLUS) Vulcan has manipulated energies from the E-M spectrum but has also managed to manipulate Biological Energy by shutting down Marvel Girls and Scotts powers.
How is Alex not being able to hurt Scott and vice-versa relevant? If you're theory is true then it should work both ways. Vulcan can hurt Scott with his powers Scott apparently can't hurt Gabriel. Vulcan controls all energy that is how he is able to shut down and duplicate powers. He also somehow absorbed Petras, Darwins and Sways powers permanently.

King_Mungi
Magic and earth fields are two completly different things, as stated countless times. Magneto can manipulate not just the E-M spectrum but basically everything and he can't manipulate magic. Once again his feats don't prove he can, and all his feats he has shown thus far are things Alpha Flight has done but on a higher degree. Vulcan never hurt Cyclops he stopped his optic blasts, the same optic blasts that if hit on Havok wouldn't do anything.

None of that was explained, for all we know it was an accident that fused them together. Vulcan is overhyped, and has no feats to back up his claims

ExodusCloak
Magneto can manipulate Energies outside the E-M spectrum? Gravatational you mean? Magneto manipulates one/two of the fundamental forces that's it. Mags can't completely manipulate Telepathic waves even though he should be able to, if he could he wouldn't be so vunerable without his helmet. He's not as versatile as Vulcan. Magic is Energy. Wanda manipulates mystical and chaos energy. Vulcan controlling all types of energy should be able to do the same.

Also you're right he doesn't hit Cyclops with his beam, so we can never know for sure but he does hit Marvel Girl. And if you're theory is true then she shouldn't be affected either.

http://img267.imageshack.us/img267/9339/marvel6iq.jpg

King_Mungi
No he can do more now, as he has even created blackholes in Excalibur as Professor X said the exact same thing about Vulcan. He isn't just E-M bound, and he does have a low level telepathy and can project his astral from. Wanda manipulates reality, and is on a far higher level than Vulcan. You can't even compare them.

No he shouldn't, he has no feats to even indicate he could rather than a basic general speech that says he has potential. So what? Alpha Flight has saved all the realities, defeated Galactus and frequently battles against sky father beings. Unlike Vulcan they have the feats to back up their claims.

King_Mungi
Also you're right he doesn't hit Cyclops with his beam, so we can never know for sure but he does hit Marvel Girl. And if you're theory is true then she shouldn't be affected either.

No it still is intact, as Cable can still hurt Cyclops and etc. The Summers siblings seem to have an immunity towards their powers. Knowing Marvel Girl's genetics would make her far more easy to manipulate. Get it?

ExodusCloak
Wasn't the blackhole thing Wanda's doing? Wanda manipulates reality by manipulating Chaos Energy and Mystical Energy. And aren't blackholes partly gravatational energy?
You can't expect a character who has just been introduced to have any feats. As I said before it's the nature of his powers that allow him to manipulate all energy.

Not really, because Cyclops can hurt Cable. And that would still mean he manipulates Biological Energy because he still needs to do that to shut down their powers. And why would manipulating Biological Energy be confined to Genetics. It's energy it's all the same.

manorastroman
of course vulcan doesn't have any feats. he's brand new. but since the thread starter used vulcan, we have to do this wild and crazy thing called "conjecture". and i think it's safe to assume that vulcan is more powerful than alpha flight. what with all the omega plus and instant evolution business, no reason alpha flight should take him out in a comic.

Validus
Just because something goes beyond Omega doesn't mean bad writing............................there wasn't a reason in marvel to measure beyond that, now there is apparently.
What reason is that? Omega level was people all the way up to Franklin Richards and Jean Grey. I highly doubt this kid is beyond that level just because he owned Cyclops and Rachel. Considering what the term Omega means, yeah, I call that fanwankery.

ExodusCloak
What reason is that? Omega level was people all the way up to Franklin Richards and Jean Grey. I highly doubt this kid is beyond that level just because he owned Cyclops and Rachel. Considering what the term Omega means, yeah, I call that fanwankery.

There you go I also posted it on the previous page:

Here's the part of the comic where they clearly label Vulcan as an Omega PLUS mutant.

Sorry about that I didn't realize the links didn't work.
http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/107/omegaplus7mp.jpg
http://img271.imageshack.us/img271/2444/omegaplus24nt.jpg

I could have sworn I saw a third example where Emma confirms this? I just can't find it.

I agree with you it makes no sense, Omega is suppose to mean the end. Just imagine the amount of jobbing this character is going to receive.

juggernaut66666
lol so then you know better than the comic writers don't you? laughing laughing

Validus
lol so then you know better than the comic writers don't you? laughing laughing
Not even going to dignify this post with a response.

I agree with you it makes no sense, Omega is suppose to mean the end. Just imagine the amount of jobbing this character is going to receive.
Exactly what I'm saying. Omega represents ultimate potential. You can't be Ultimate + because that would mean ultimate isn't really ultimate if that makes any sense.

ExodusCloak
Exactly what I'm saying. Omega represents ultimate potential. You can't be Ultimate + because that would mean ultimate isn't really ultimate if that makes any sense.

It makes perfect sense. I totally agree, though it'd be quite hilarious to see the reactions of hardcore Jean Grey fans. But I'm 99.99% sure Brubaker is going to water his powers down in the near future. I mean how else are the X-Men going to survive?

DarkCrawler
Still haven't seen proof that he can manipulate magical energies...

Just because he has been described as "energy manipulator", doesn't mean that he can manipulate ALL energy, especailly magic, which can't really be counted as energy. Human Torch has been described as energy manipulator too...so are about 30% of comic book characters...

Lucid Lui
he is master of all his power that's why he is above omega level No. He's above Omega level because he's simply because his power level is high. Franklin Richards is considered to be Omega when he has his powers, and he's never been skilled.

It's stated in the comic that Vulcan is not a master of all his powers.

King_Mungi
Wasn't the blackhole thing Wanda's doing? Wanda manipulates reality by manipulating Chaos Energy and Mystical Energy. And aren't blackholes partly gravatational energy?
You can't expect a character who has just been introduced to have any feats. As I said before it's the nature of his powers that allow him to manipulate all energy.

Not really, because Cyclops can hurt Cable. And that would still mean he manipulates Biological Energy because he still needs to do that to shut down their powers. And why would manipulating Biological Energy be confined to Genetics. It's energy it's all the same.

No it was his. They stated there is no such thing as chaos magic, it was her "excuse" to do the things she does. Their more than that.

Yet, he hasn't shown that skill as stated he doesn't have full control of his powers. We barely saw Earthmover, but he is stated to be an omega level mystic I could make the claim he could rewrite history, is that justified? no. This board goes by feats, and Alpha Flight has them in stride far more than Vulcan.

Ummmm....didn't I say that? the siblings have an immunity to each other, but knowing a persons abilities and genetics make it easier to shunt them the same way Guardian blocked Headlok's powers.

Originally posted by manorastroman
of course vulcan doesn't have any feats. he's brand new. but since the thread starter used vulcan, we have to do this wild and crazy thing called "conjecture". and i think it's safe to assume that vulcan is more powerful than alpha flight. what with all the omega plus and instant evolution business, no reason alpha flight should take him out in a comic.

Have you read the things Alpha Flight has done? Talisman teleporting an entire city with hundred of thouands of people into a dimension, beating Galactus, battling the Great Beasts, beating the Fantastic Four, Shaman absorbing a nuclear explosion, Guardian and Vindicator III placing a E-M barrier blocking a nuclear explosion, etc. Elixir is omega level, but he isn't that strong. While Alpha Flight also has a demi-god, and a skyfather god on their team. What is he going to do?

manorastroman
i am well-read in regards to tha alpha flight respect threat, mungi, but i believe that if alpha flight was to fight vulcan in a comic he would win.

potentially, of course, alpha flight would raze the bastard, but realistically written i think that vulcan would take the majority.

King_Mungi
Originally posted by manorastroman
i am well-read in regards to tha alpha flight respect threat, mungi, but i believe that if alpha flight was to fight vulcan in a comic he would win.

potentially, of course, alpha flight would raze the bastard, but realistically written i think that vulcan would take the majority.

I don't think so as Alpha FLight's largest feats are portrayed in their own series, and job in other apperances. As the rules state these battles are the characters written to their full potential. Meaning Tanraq is released, Snowbird can transform into Wendigo or Tanaraq, Guardian is in his Galactus-buster mode, Talisman is at full power who is stated to be Dr.Strange's equal and the potential to be stronger, Earthmover an omega level mystic, Shaman who has shown he can easily manipulate time as well do all the things Vulcan as thus far shown, Witchfire who was shown to manipulate reality and is Belasco's daughter, Persuasion who is Purple Man's daughter, Marrina who took on all the Avengers including Thor, Namor, Black Knight, She Hulk, Dr.Druid, Atlantis, US Navy and Captain Marvel. Then you have Windshear who is like Invisible Woman just with more versilitiy, Pathway can open a portel banishing him. Hell there are over 15 members in Alpha Flight that can banish Vulcan into a empty dimension alone.

Kool-Aid
Stolden non-mutants? no. People with technological powers? no. People with magical based powers? no.

Who did he use psy powers on?

Unless I missed something how this happened was never fully explained yet.

and Alpha FLight has multiple omega level mutants, plus Dr.Strange level magic users. Multiple people who can speed blitz him even before he thinks. Vulcan doesn't stand a chance.

Pfft...no he wouldn't.

Alpha Flight has members that can block psychic attacks and members who can do all the things with time same as Vulcan. He has no advantage there at all. Magic trumps anything Vulcan could ever hope to dish out.

No he wouldn't, it's magical in nature he can't adapt to magical aspects. Even just taking a glimpse he would instantly lose his mind. Can't adapt when your mind is already gone

I never said he could steal Stolden non-mutants, people with technological powers and People with magical based powers.

You saying he can is wrong, cuz we don't know if he can or can't.

Though Profeeor X said Darwin can adapt to anything....so signs so far point to him being able rather then not.

Your right they do have omega level mutants.....for him to control.wink

Kool-Aid

eek! laughing

I love this mini. Villians with lots of power are soooooo much beter then heros with it.

Kool-Aid
It's stated in the comic that Vulcan is not a master of all his powers.

Remeber what happend to Alpha Flight when they went up against a omega level mutant who just got all his uber power.

http://img65.imageshack.us/img65/847/endofalpha016ga.th.jpghttp://img65.imageshack.us/img65/9249/endofalpha021xs.th.jpg

I doubt he was a master of his powers.

King KAM
Here we go with all these damn one arc people.....vulcan loses because he is only being brought in to be brought down even harder....

Lucid Lui
I doubt he was a master of his powers. The amount of power the Collective has is so insanely above Vulcan, and most everyone else aswell, it's ridiculous. And from what we've seen, the Collective does seem to have a good handle on a fair amount of his powers.

King KAM
The amount of power the Collective has is so insanely above Vulcan, and most everyone else aswell, it's ridiculous. And from what we've seen, the Collective does seem to have a good handle on a fair amount of his powers. we aint seen too much....

Lucid Lui
Well i'm mainly talking about when he was hitting Ms. Marvel with consectutive attacks using different powers each time.

King KAM
Well i'm mainly talking about when he was hitting Ms. Marvel with consectutive attacks using different powers each time. suuuuuure.....like there is such thing as a "ms.Marvel" dude you are sooo pathetic...

DarkCrawler
I never said he could steal Stolden non-mutants, people with technological powers and People with magical based powers.

Though Profeeor X said Darwin can adapt to anything....so signs so far point to him being able rather then not.

Professor X isn't master of magic knowledge...

King_Mungi

Others did, which is wrong.

No, but your all claiming he is so unbeatable creature making up a new powerset for him. He doesn't have any feats, while Alpha Flight routinely goes against Gods...literally. They have the experience, teamwork, speed, intelligence, etc.

As DC said, Prof X doesn't have magical knowledge.

Vulcan has never flat out controlled someone, your exagerating his powers

Soujaboy
Nevermind i've been proven wrong, I think Alpha Flight wins

King_Mungi
Nevermind i've been proven wrong, I think Alpha Flight wins

Well the thing is, the thread starter never stated which members of Alpha FLight would be fighting. So it all depends on who is pick and what not.

Kool-Aid
No, but your all claiming he is so unbeatable creature making up a new powerset for him. He doesn't have any feats, while Alpha Flight routinely goes against Gods...literally. They have the experience, teamwork, speed, intelligence, etc.

As DC said, Prof X doesn't have magical knowledge.

Vulcan has never flat out controlled someone, your exagerating his powers

I'm not making up new powers for him.

I'm just going by what Deadly Genisis has so far said and showed.

I know X doesn't have magical knowledge, but he did say Darwin can adapt to anything.

We can't rule out that he can't adapt to magical attacks till its proven it does effect him.

I'm not exagerting, Vulcan did control Rachel, thats why she said the mind raping line in the link above.

Vulcan does have experince, maybe not completly with his new uber power set, but he trained with his team in the fake danger room.

King_Mungi
I'm not making up new powers for him.

I'm just going by what Deadly Genisis has so far said and showed.

I know X doesn't have magical knowledge, but he did say Darwin can adapt to anything.

We can't rule out that he can't adapt to magical attacks till its proven it does effect him.

I'm not exagerting, Vulcan did control Rachel, thats why she said the mind raping line in the link above.

Vulcan does have experince, maybe not completly with his new uber power set, but he trained with his team in the fake danger room.

I have the entire mini released thus far, and it has never shown him doing anything like what was mentioned in this thread this

Magical is a completly different science

That's fine, but no one can flat out claim he can. He has no feats backing up his claims. So far he is just all hype.

No controlling someone is using their power against them as a slave, he never did that. What he did was probe Racheal that's it. Talisman could summon the rest of the Great Beasts to battle Vulcan. She would destroy him.

As has Alpha FLight in the Danger Room Madison Jeffries created based off of the X-Men's Danger Room. Plus being trained by Department H and they know their abilities and have gone up against stronger foes than Vulcan before and won.

Kool-Aid
I have the entire mini released thus far, and it has never shown him doing anything like what was mentioned in this thread this

Magical is a completly different science

That's fine, but no one can flat out claim he can. He has no feats backing up his claims. So far he is just all hype.

No controlling someone is using their power against them as a slave, he never did that. What he did was probe Racheal that's it. Talisman could summon the rest of the Great Beasts to battle Vulcan. She would destroy him.

As has Alpha FLight in the Danger Room Madison Jeffries created based off of the X-Men's Danger Room. Plus being trained by Department H and they know their abilities and have gone up against stronger foes than Vulcan before and won.

He probed Rachel and he didn't previously have telepathic abilites(in his origin), plus stopped Cyc and Rachel from being able to use theres, thats controlling.

The reason he didn't use her any further was so she could escape and inform the others where they are.

That was part of his plan.

Thats great Alpah Flight trianed there, I wasn't trying to say he had more then them because he trianed there.

Saying that they beat stronger foes doesn't discredit Vulcan in any way....mostly because we don't know his full power level and the fact hes only been in 5 issues so far.

King_Mungi
He probed Rachel and he didn't previously have telepathic abilites(in his origin), plus stopped Cyc and Rachel from being able to use theres, thats controlling.

The reason he didn't use her any further was so she could escape and inform the others where they are.

That was part of his plan.

Saying that they beat stronger foes doesn't discredit Vulcan in any way....mostly because we don't know his full power level and the fact hes only been in 5 issues so far.

No that's hindering and we don't even know the full circumstances of his orgins. Controlling someone is making them your slave such as mind control and getting them to attack their fellow comrades. All the feats he has shown thus far various members of Alpha Flight can do, but on a greater extent. As said he doesn't even have full control of his powers, so that's another strike against Vulcan.

He manipulated her, but he never flat out controlled her.

Well considering they have battled sky fathers on more than one occasion, the chances for Vulcan are pretty slim to a well written Alpha Flight. Even if push comes to shove there are over 15 members who could simply just banish Vulcan away forever. Just because he is omega+ doesn't mean much as Elixir is Omega and is not very strong.

TheKahn
about time we have a lively Alpha Flight debate...shifty

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.