Villians vs A Clockwork Orange??

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

superman41082
If you didn't see A Clockworkd Orange, this might be hard for you, but I've though about this before, and wonder what you guys might think.

Think of a villian who would probably not be too powerful for the treatment, and give it to him.

1) Which earth villians would you give it to first.

2) Which villians, if any, do you think it will make an honest change in, and become heros??

3) Considering how much of a threat these people are, do you think the Clockwork Orange treatment is morally correct??

batdude123
What is the whole "Clockwork Orange treatment?"

Tshern
1. Rhino would probably be easy to manipulate with that treatment. Not the sharpest knife in the drawe, I dare say.

2. This is an interesting question indeed. As in the movie the person who has been treated like that might just go back to his/her criminal roots in case of any criminal incentive. Who knows?

3. I'm all against brainwashing, mind is what makes us people. But the subject in the movie (A total blackout on my behalf, somebody please tell me the name!) was a volunteer though...

Great thread, an original one and has something for people to ponder in their heads.

A young criminal volunteered to be brainwashed. He was shown films of criminal actions and morally bad things virtually non-stop, that along with somekind of medication made him feel nauseous every time he tried to do an abhorrent act.

grey fox
Originally posted by batdude123

Think psychological torture and subsequent brainwashing to turn you into a good/ harmless citizen....

superman41082

You should just rent the Kubrick film. I don't want to ruin that for you if you haven't seen it. If you would just trust me, it's a great film, and everyone would love it. If you still want the spoiler, I'll tell you though, but having already seen the movie, I'd rather not know personally.

batdude123
Originally posted by grey fox
Think psychological torture and subsequent brainwashing to turn you into a good/ harmless citizen....

Kind of like a labotomy?

badabing
"It is a good film my brothers and sisters". Think of young Alex's voice.

Tshern
Kind of like a labotomy?

Nope, this treatment doesn't have any operations nor does it really make the victim of it any more of a dimwit than he used to be... But yeah, check the film, it's magnificent.

superman41082
Kind of like a labotomy?

Ok, (spoiler), it's an entirely long drawn out process, that's nothing like labotamy. They give them this syrum, that supposedly never fades away, and they make them watch violent things on a movie screen while keeping their eyes peeled with some kind contraption for weeks. All the time manipulating their brain into becoming uncomfortable with violent or sexually violent and evil things. After the treatment, the person can no longer endure doing wrong. They become sick and they throw up until they can't take it. There's also no way to fight through it. The feeling is debilitating, and now the person has no choice in hurting other people...........

Do you think it's right? I mean, there are some peole that pose a great threat to others.....

Tshern
If you don't want to get the plot spoiled do not read the rest of this post.

To be exact you can fight, that's exactly what happened in the end of the film. And could you please tell me the name of that young criminal punk?

By the way, how can I put spoiler-tags in my post?

badabing
Young Alex de Large.

Tshern
Thanks a lot, you made my day.

badabing
No problem. I was also wondering how to make the spoiler tags. Anybody out there that can help?

grey fox
You just do and then do another but with a / in front of the word spoiler....

Tshern
Originally posted by grey fox
You just do and then do another but with a / in front of the word spoiler....

I tried that and I didn't work. New try: Working?

grey fox
Yes it's working thumb up

badabing
Mine didn't work.

badabing
2nd try failed.

badabing
/spoiler is this working?

willRules
Originally posted by superman41082
Do you think it's right? I mean, there are some peole that pose a great threat to others.....

In my opinion its wrong. Its too forceful. People should choose not to commit the acts.

Etrigan
You have to put the bracket things in.

badabing
/ working?

badabing
Originally posted by badabing
/ working?
sad

superman41082
Originally posted by Tshern
If you don't want to get the plot spoiled do not read the rest of this post.

To be exact you can fight, that's exactly what happened in the end of the film. And could you please tell me the name of that young criminal punk?

By the way, how can I put spoiler-tags in my post?

The guy's name was Alex, but without spoiling the ending, he could not fight back...........

Tshern
A small incentive made him a criminal again. So apparently the effects of the brainwash were counterable.

badabing
When did he become a criminal again?

badabing
Originally posted by badabing
When did he become a criminal again?
Finally.

superman41082
Originally posted by Tshern
A small incentive made him a criminal again. So apparently the effects of the brainwash were counterable.

No. Alex couldn't fight back himself. It was the agency that gave him the treatment that was going to undo it, not Alex. They decided to, because it looked as if it were turning into a monumental failure, and didn't want to be sued or whatnot. Also, we don't get a chance to see if the process was able to be undone. The movie ends after a representative from the agency tells him he's going to undo it, and we don't get to see what happens after that.

Tshern
The way I see is that Alex's personality changed back when he jumped out of the window after being tortured with 'Ludwig van.' Though debatable, IMO he's personality indeed changed back before the very end were he was promised to be changed back

grey fox
Hey whats with all the spoilers ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.