7 deadly sins - Hypocrisy

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

lord xyz
Let's think about what god does, how he feels, and how this is hypocritical and arrogant of "the christian god" to do so. The sins:

1. Greed - God created and owns EVERYTHING. What more greedy can you get?
2. Lust - Now god invented sex, so obviously he likes it.
3. Pride - He's god.
4. Sloth - He rested on the seventh day and then let Adam do everything.
5. Wrath - He takes up vengeance by the flood and banning Adam and Eve.
6. Gluttony - He forbidded Adam and Eve to eat the fruit on the tree. He kept it for himself.
7. Envy - When you go to church you give up money, time and thought for god. As if he desires to steal it from you.

So this Tyrant is our creator? You believe this?

Janus Marius
Originally posted by lord xyz

So because God made all, God wants all and is greedy? False conclusion

You can't even establish that sex has any real meaning for God. Again, false conclusion.

And this precludes the possibility of god being humble? How could god be proud? In comparison with what?

Define everything? How do you know that God isn't always working?

I can't fault you for this one. God is indeed wrathful according to the Bible.

What makes you think God used the tree himself? False conclusion.

That's a church. Church does not equal God. Stop arguing out of your ass.

Eight Deadly Sin- Idiocy. You qualify. Now stop spamming.

debbiejo
Are these the Catholic sins???

laughing out loud ........I never looked at it like that.....
Haven't you been to a Baptist church, they're all gluttons

lord xyz
Originally posted by debbiejo
Are these the Catholic sins???

laughing out loud ........I never looked at it like that.....
Haven't you been to a Baptist church, they're all gluttons hmm

Alliance
laughing out loud funny, but false logic.

lord xyz
Originally posted by Alliance
laughing out loud funny, but false logic. I guess I need better planning.

Punker69
You need alot more than that.

Do you even read or try to understand the Bible before you go posting whatever the heck you posted online?

Because God owns everything it makes him greedy? How? According to the Bible he's given us already so much. Just like a rich person who gives to charity.

God created sex so Adam and Eve could replenish the earth. He also made it to form an everlasting bond between man and wife.

Prideful? When God became manifested in flesh he was born in a barn and lived a life not becoming of the king of the universe.

Slot? Yeah, im sure after created the Universe it was pretty sloppy for him to let Adam name the animals.

Wrath? Adam and Eve did it to themselves by eating from the tree and just being stupid. After that their eyes where opened and they couldn't possible go back. They chose to leave the paradise God set out for them.

Gluttony-show me the scripture where God ate the fruit roll eyes (sarcastic)

Envy-God already has everything like you previously stated. Why would he be envious of our mere posessions. God requires us to tithe to give back to the Lord what he's given you. The offering is a thank you on top of what is already is.

Also God has a way of giving back when people obey his commandments. Paul said it like this. In Galations 6:7 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." This was to be applied to your finances. I dont remember the entire background of the story but Paul was talking to a group that didn't believe God would honor their giving. That was Pauls reply.

Arachnoidfreak
Let's think about what god does, how he feels, and how this is hypocritical and arrogant of "the christian god" to do so. The sins:

3. Pride - He's god.
6. Gluttony - He forbidded Adam and Eve to eat the fruit on the tree. He kept it for himself.
7. Envy - When you go to church you give up money, time and thought for god. As if he desires to steal it from you.

The Seven Deadly Sins are fake, and made up by the Catholic Church early in the Middle Ages. Just like Purgatory.

At least know about what you're ragging on man.

lil bitchiness
7 deadly sins are a round about way of saying don't overdo it.

As far as them being fake, they are technically not - if you overdo in anything, food, laziness, greed, etc...you will eventually end up in an unfavourable position.

Punker69
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
At least know about what you're ragging on man.

He never does.

ROYALGUARD
amen on that punker69 and arachnoidfreak.

unless its a joke then damn that is funny

lord xyz
Originally posted by Punker69

Do you even read or try to understand the Bible before you go posting whatever the heck you posted online?

Because God owns everything it makes him greedy? How? According to the Bible he's given us already so much. Just like a rich person who gives to charity.

God created sex so Adam and Eve could replenish the earth. He also made it to form an everlasting bond between man and wife.

Prideful? When God became manifested in flesh he was born in a barn and lived a life not becoming of the king of the universe.

Slot? Yeah, im sure after created the Universe it was pretty sloppy for him to let Adam name the animals.

Wrath? Adam and Eve did it to themselves by eating from the tree and just being stupid. After that their eyes where opened and they couldn't possible go back. They chose to leave the paradise God set out for them.

Envy-God already has everything like you previously stated. Why would he be envious of our mere posessions. God requires us to tithe to give back to the Lord what he's given you. The offering is a thank you on top of what is already is.

Also God has a way of giving back when people obey his commandments. Paul said it like this. In Galations 6:7 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." This was to be applied to your finances. I dont remember the entire background of the story but Paul was talking to a group that didn't believe God would honor their giving. That was Pauls reply. dude, chill out. There is no god. Christianity is a scam, and Jesus was nothing more than a delusional nut who walked through the desert for 40 days nad then claimed himself king. Calm down. The bible's false. And I was joking.

debbiejo
Well if Jesus was real, it wasn't he that made these statements about himself, it was OTHERS..ie the church and their editing, that said these things about him...

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
7 deadly sins are a round about way of saying don't overdo it.

As far as them being fake, they are technically not - if you overdo in anything, food, laziness, greed, etc...you will eventually end up in an unfavourable position.

but then you're just saying it's common sense to keep things in moderation. of course it is, but does the church really need to tell us that by saying we're going to hell?

Eis

3. Pride - He's god.

You have got to be one of the most idiotic posters in KMC.

"Now god invented sex, so obviously he likes it." Funny stuff.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Janus Marius

You can't even establish that sex has any real meaning for God. Again, false conclusion.

And this precludes the possibility of god being humble? How could god be proud? In comparison with what?

I was going to comment on this thread but this quote says it all.

lil bitchiness
but then you're just saying it's common sense to keep things in moderation. of course it is, but does the church really need to tell us that by saying we're going to hell?

Nah, thats a very ''believe it or die'' attitude i loathe in many religions.

7 deadly sins would probably have more effect if the church or bible or whoever explained that overdoing it in THIS life will lead to suffering, as opposed to ''you are going to hell''. Not a great way to win support, i say.

lord xyz
maybe I should've thought more about this.

lil bitchiness
At least you made an attempt, so we'll give you some points for that.

Phoenix2001
dude, chill out. There is no god. Christianity is a scam, and Jesus was nothing more than a delusional nut who walked through the desert for 40 days nad then claimed himself king. Calm down. The bible's false. And I was joking.

Prove to us that God does not exist. The only time Christianity has been a scam was in the days of the Crusaders. The bible may perhaps be false, but what proof do you have that it is?

Take it all with a grain of salt. The bible may not be exactly true, but the bible is based off of true events that have once happened.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by lil bitchiness
Nah, thats a very ''believe it or die'' attitude i loathe in many religions.

7 deadly sins would probably have more effect if the church or bible or whoever explained that overdoing it in THIS life will lead to suffering, as opposed to ''you are going to hell''. Not a great way to win support, i say.

Word. First time I've actually agreed with you I think...

Originally posted by Phoenix2001
Prove to us that God does not exist. The only time Christianity has been a scam was in the days of the Crusaders. The bible may perhaps be false, but what proof do you have that it is?

Take it all with a grain of salt. The bible may not be exactly true, but the bible is based off of true events that have once happened.

Noone can prove a negative, therefore the burden is on you to prove that God DOES exist.

Oh, and the Bible is heavily edited. There about two dozen more books that belong in there but the Church left out because it didn't fit their agenda. It's impossible to know whether ANYTHING in that book is the truth. Research is awesome.

maham
ur the 1s defyin a concept that has long survived n it still is so u shud proove ur point

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by maham
ur the 1s defyin a concept that has long survived n it still is so u shud proove ur point

Not until you learn enough to spell correctly. Then I will know my effort isn't completely wasted.

Also, you could just wikipedia the Bible, and it'll tell you how edited it is.

Jonathan Mark
Not until you learn enough to spell correctly. Then I will know my effort isn't completely wasted.

Well she or he is from Pakastan...

Janus Marius
Originally posted by maham

Ah yes... The Hypocrite.

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Jonathan Mark
Well she or he is from Pakastan...

So because she's from pakistan I'm supposed to automatically assume she's ignorant and illiterate?

Morgoths_Wrath
God can sin if he wants to

after all, he's GOD

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
God can sin if he wants to

after all, he's GOD

So we should blindly follow a hypocrite?

Black Rob
So we should blindly follow a hypocrite? Cuz he's God b*tch. That's my intellectual response for the day...

Jonathan Mark
So because she's from pakistan I'm supposed to automatically assume she's ignorant and illiterate?
No you took me the wrong way. I meant her English might not exactly be the best.

Morgoths_Wrath
So we should blindly follow a hypocrite?

if you don't want to go to hell, yes

peejayd

* God created everything... He gives us free will... that's not greedy... wink

* God gave humans the power to procreate... that's not lust...

"Ye are of your father the devil, and the lusts of your father ye will do. He was a murderer from the beginning, and abode not in the truth, because there is no truth in him. When he speaketh a lie, he speaketh of his own: for he is a liar, and the father of it."
John 8:44

* it is Satan who got lusts... don't blame it on God... wink

3. Pride - He's god.

* nope...

"Though the Lord be high, yet hath he respect unto the lowly : but the proud he knoweth afar off."
Psalms 138:6

* that's not pride... wink

"But Jesus answered them, My Father worketh hitherto, and I work ."
John 5:17

* they both work until now... wink

* it's not vengeance... it's punishment... wink

* it's the "tree and fruit of the knowledge of good and evil"... God do not need to eat it... He has knowledge over it... wink

* God do not need money... wink

* and most of all, you're dead wrong...

"These six things doth the Lord hate : yea, seven are an abomination unto him :
A proud look , a lying tongue , and hands that shed innocent blood ,
An heart that deviseth wicked imaginations , feet that be swift in running to mischief ,
A false witness that speaketh lies , and he that soweth discord among brethren ."
Proverbs 6:16-19

* see? wink

Punker69
dude, chill out. There is no god. Christianity is a scam, and Jesus was nothing more than a delusional nut who walked through the desert for 40 days nad then claimed himself king. Calm down. The bible's false. And I was joking.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wow, your hilarious.

Punker69

This is a question I ask most people who present me with a question about this. How do you know the editing wasn't in the will of God. From what I can see, the primary guidelines to salvation are already mentioned in the 62 books of the Bible. Do we really need 24 more? Do we really need the Book of Enoch, Thomas, etc?

Arachnoidfreak
Originally posted by Black Rob
Cuz he's God b*tch. That's my intellectual response for the day...

You're awesome. thumb down

No you took me the wrong way. I meant her English might not exactly be the best.

Substituting numbers for letters isn't a mistake in translation...

Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
if you don't want to go to hell, yes

Ah yes hell, the only reason most people believe in God anyway. Wonderful scare tactic used by the Church.

This is a question I ask most people who present me with a question about this. How do you know the editing wasn't in the will of God. From what I can see, the primary guidelines to salvation are already mentioned in the 62 books of the Bible. Do we really need 24 more? Do we really need the Book of Enoch, Thomas, etc?

Yes. If you're reading the Word of GOD why would you want to miss out on anything?? Also, the editing is not only that there are books omitted, when the Bible was in Latin the Church would change words to fit their purpose because only clergy knew how to read anyway. There are also about 20 different versions of the Bible. Which one is right?

Also, "How do you know that's not God's plan" is getting really old as an excuse. "pfft, fossils were put here by god to test us! thats his plan! no, it's god's plan to kill your family with disease! it's god's plan to make planes crash! it's god's plan"...blah blah blah. It's a pretty shitty excuse.

Storm

3. Pride - He's god.

In Christian tradition, those sins which have the most serious impact on spiritual development have been classified as deadly sins. Which sins qualify for this category have varied. Christian theologians have developed different lists of the most serious sins which people might commit.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Storm
In Christian tradition, those sins which have the most serious impact on spiritual development have been classified as deadly sins. Which sins qualify for this category have varied. Christian theologians have developed different lists of the most serious sins which people might commit.
It depends on what type of Christian you are actually. The seven deadly sins are a Catholic invention. We Protestants don't regard them as anything.

debbiejo
It is when his first creations used it. He gave it to them, the exercised it, and then he condemn billions for eternity to hell fire according to the bible.

Well the book of Revelations was taken in and out 3 or 4 times.........What, god couldn't make up his mind?????

Black Rob
This is a question I ask most people who present me with a question about this. How do you know the editing wasn't in the will of God. From what I can see, the primary guidelines to salvation are already mentioned in the 62 books of the Bible. Do we really need 24 more? Do we really need the Book of Enoch, Thomas, etc? Isnt that kind of a silly statement being that for all you know there's things in those books that add more important facts to the bible or denounce earlier tomes?

Punker69
Yes. If you're reading the Word of GOD why would you want to miss out on anything?? Also, the editing is not only that there are books omitted, when the Bible was in Latin the Church would change words to fit their purpose because only clergy knew how to read anyway. There are also about 20 different versions of the Bible. Which one is right?

Really? The books that are already in the Bible cover alot and im sure it there where more that we needed to know then God would've allowed those books to be in the Bible as well. How do you know that ANY kind of editing wasn't in God's will? I mean do we really need close to ninety books of the Bible or are already vast number of books enough?

peejayd
It is when his first creations used it. He gave it to them, the exercised it, and then he condemn billions for eternity to hell fire according to the bible.

* exercising free will that results to evil does not excuse people from being punished... exercising free will that results good will do fine... wink

* people can enjoy free will without committing a sin... Adam and Eve deliberately disobeyed God... so they are punished... that's fair... wink

Arachnoidfreak
Really? The books that are already in the Bible cover alot and im sure it there where more that we needed to know then God would've allowed those books to be in the Bible as well. How do you know that ANY kind of editing wasn't in God's will? I mean do we really need close to ninety books of the Bible or are already vast number of books enough?

Ugh, using your line of thinking absolutely everything is in God's will and we shouldn't question anything.

Good job sheep.

Punker69
Ugh, using your line of thinking absolutely everything is in God's will and we shouldn't question anything.

Good job sheep.

I did question it. And that was my answer.

Shakyamunison
^ God told me that you should send me lots of money. Now is that a sin? laughing

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
^ God told me that you should send me lots of money. Now is that a sin? laughing
Did he tell you to send me lots of money as well? big grin

Shakyamunison
Did he tell you to send me lots of money as well? big grin

I think you are sinning. cool

debbiejo
That's where you're wrong. Eve didn't do it deliberately, she was tricked........It was Adams fault.

Logically what was wrong with eating from a tree to recieve knowledge of good and evil.?????.........What is so sinful about gaining knowledge?......Even today people don't want knowledge about the roots of their own faiths.......Are you saying ignorance is better?..Are you saying ignorance is not a sin, but knowledge is?...
God did say in scripture. "Come let us reason together"......seems to me reasoning requires knowledge.

Arachnoidfreak
I did question it. And that was my answer.

No, "It's ok cuz God did it" means you're taking it in the ass from authority. You aren't questioning anything. Also, there's no evidence that God did anything, let alone told people to edit the Bible hundreds of times over.

JacopeX

3. Pride - He's god.

So this Tyrant is our creator? You believe this? I do pride alot but not in a way that im better than god. God is the one I worship. I have pride for myself also because in the real world, i dont let no one be the boss of me. Anywayz, i use pride in a non sinful way

Punker69
That's where you're wrong. Eve didn't do it deliberately, she was tricked........It was Adams fault.

Are you serious? Your going to play that card? I dont care what Adam or Eve did. They DELIBERATELY disobeyed God. End of story.

Logically what was wrong with eating from a tree to recieve knowledge of good and evil.?????.........What is so sinful about gaining knowledge?......Even today people don't want knowledge about the roots of their own faiths.......Are you saying ignorance is better?..Are you saying ignorance is not a sin, but knowledge is?...
God did say in scripture. "Come let us reason together"......seems to me reasoning requires knowledge.

God said it was wrong. He said it would cause eternal seperation from him if they brought SIN into the world. Because once they knew how to sin they would do it again, and again. Its not ignorance. God wanted to have a bond with his creation free from sin or wickedness. Adam and Eve destroyed the bond. Their choice.

Also people look at this story like its such a devestating thing to mankind. Sure we are born into sin now but that gets taken care of with a little water baptism and infilling of the Holy Spirit. When that takes place we are no longer living in sin but are living a life in unification with God. The story of how Adam and Eve brought sin into the world really doesn't bother me as much as it bothers most.

No, "It's ok cuz God did it" means you're taking it in the ass from authority. You aren't questioning anything. Also, there's no evidence that God did anything, let alone told people to edit the Bible hundreds of times over.

And there's no evidence that he didn't. So why dont we stop arguing about this little subject.

peejayd

"And Adam was not deceived, but the woman being deceived was in the transgression.
Notwithstanding she shall be saved in childbearing , if they continue in faith and charity and holiness with sobriety."
I Timothy 2:14-15

* that's where the justice was... wink

"Come now, and let us reason together , saith the Lord: though your sins be as scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they be red like crimson, they shall be as wool."
Isaiah 1:18

* this statement was said long after Adam and Eve... and they don't need knowledge in the garden of Eden... wink

Arachnoidfreak

And there's no evidence that he didn't. So why dont we stop arguing about this little subject.

Right, editing the Bible to give the Church more governmental and monetary power is SO proof that God told the clergy to edit the Bible. God only wants the church to have money and power.

*coughlastshallbefirstcoughhackcontradictionofbeli
efscoughwheeze*

debbiejo
When is knowledge wickedness? God would prefer ignorance I suppose.
How is being dipped in water making one holy and without sin. We already have unification with god...As scriptures says:

The spirit returns to god who gave it

What about women who do not have children? They are not saved then.

Your view of god is very small.

Punker69
When is knowledge wickedness? God would prefer ignorance I suppose.
How is being dipped in water making one holy and without sin. We already have unification with god...As scriptures says:

The spirit returns to god who gave it

It wasn't just knowledge. The fact that they acted on that knowledge.

Scripture reference please.

Your view of God isn't much better.

Arachnoidfreak
Right, editing the Bible to give the Church more governmental and monetary power is SO proof that God told the clergy to edit the Bible. God only wants the church to have money and power.

*coughlastshallbefirstcoughhackcontradictionofbeli
efscoughwheeze*

debbiejo
The only knowledge they acted on was knowing they were naked. Nothing sinful in that is there?

peejayd
What about women who do not have children? They are not saved then.

"For therefore we both labour and suffer reproach, because we trust in the living God, who is the Saviour of all men , specially of those that believe."
I Timothy 4:10

* nope... God is the Saviour of all people... wink

debbiejo
No, my view of god is very large...Super big, giant, huge, all encompassing, enormous, vast, colossal, tremendous, monstrous, gigantic, immense!!

And again, what is so sinful about knowledge and being naked as Adam and eve were?

Can you quit quoting the heretic and tell me what Jesus himself said?

peejayd
Can you quit quoting the heretic and tell me what Jesus himself said?

* in my view, the "heretic" kicks your butt... that's why you don't want me to quote from him... am i right? stick out tongue

"Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I ."
John 14:28

Punker69
No, my view of god is very large...Super big, giant, huge, all encompassing, enormous, vast, colossal, tremendous, monstrous, gigantic, immense!!

Uh, no.

And again, what is so sinful about knowledge and being naked as Adam and eve were?

I haven't been quoting anybody. I told you or someone that it wasn't just the knowledge. It was their ability to act on that knowledge once they received it. To do something that hurt God and would ETERNALLY cause seperation from him. Because once you know sin and experience sin you can never go back.

Arachnoidfreak
It was their ability to act on that knowledge once they received it.

I hope you realize that you're bashing free will by calling it sinful. Oh, and therefore insulting God's choice to give us free will.

Punker69
I hope you realize you just contradicted half of Jesus's teaching.

lord xyz
I hope you realize you just contradicted half of Jesus's teaching. Oh no AF, you're going to hell now. Please, take it back and while you're at it, splash some water on your face and get on your knees and give half your money to your closest church because you're against Jesus which we can be 100% sure to be true can't we? roll eyes (sarcastic) Oh please Punk douche, save him and maybe myself. We have sinned. pray

Wait, isn't the bible itself, got the most contradictions against it and Jesus?

Arachnoidfreak

OH word? I'd like to know where my statement was illogical.

I don't care if it contradicts half of Jesus' teaching, half of the Bible does that on its own. You're not really telling me anything new.

Janus Marius

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/843/darthpopstfu2xk.jpg

Punker69
OH word? I'd like to know where my statement was illogical.

I don't care if it contradicts half of Jesus' teaching, half of the Bible does that on its own. You're not really telling me anything new.

Read the first four gospels. Im not going to explain it to you. The Bible never contradicts itself. This is a common assumption between uneducated readers who never take time to fully understand the Bible or its meanings.

Oh no AF, you're going to hell now. Please, take it back and while you're at it, splash some water on your face and get on your knees and give half your money to your closest church because you're against Jesus which we can be 100% sure to be true can't we? Oh please Punk douche, save him and maybe myself. We have sinned.
B]

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Wait, isn't the bible itself, got the most contradictions against it and Jesus?

No.

lancethebrave
Well... since I havn't looked upon this site in some time I have just finished reading this... and so I shall start with my first thoughts

It says that we were made in gods image, but image can go much deeper than just the outer layer, so goes the saying don't judge a book by its cover. He might have made us look entirely different from him but his image would be burned onto us in one way or another. I will have to ponder more on this more deeply now that I finally have the time to do so.

And also every work in history has some very subtle self contradictions not all are visible but that is not what is important, you just have to look at things and decide for yourself on the matter.

ðµhµl gê†ñåh
Originally posted by Janus Marius

1.u need to look up the definition of greed.
2.god created sex therefore god had some inclination and he also WANTED sex to be.
3.in comparison with christianity where god is all god is everything and u should WORSHIP GOD
4.this one i sort of agree with u on, adam did not do "everything" in christianity god was still there.
5.agree
6.gluttony does not HAVE to pertain to food, gluttony is a term used for the hording of an mass use of anything. he's magic isnt he? are humans magic, i think not.
7.again sort of agree, but then again pride comes in again, he's god... what is he enviable of?

lord xyz i do agree with a majority of ur statement, but everything is subject to opinion so GOOD JOB NE WAY

ðµhµl gê†ñåh

Also God has a way of giving back when people obey his commandments. Paul said it like this. In Galations 6:7 "Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap." This was to be applied to your finances. I dont remember the entire background of the story but Paul was talking to a group that didn't believe God would honor their giving. That was Pauls reply.

1. im sure u have read and completely understand everything that is in the bible.....
2. see post above
3. see post above
4. see post above
5. they may have done those things but who was the one that punished them? and it clearly states in the bible (if u read it thoroughly) that god is wrathful to those who betray him or do not worship him.
6. see post above

i think that before u come up with statements like this u should take into all accounts of all possibilities, now im not an idiot and i know that taking in all possibilities is impossible and rather improbable HOWEVER stating things out of pure feeling, as well as manipulating statements, should never be used to contradict or persuade because it (to be frank) just doesnt work.

Punker69

Lord Urizen
Punker69.....I'm bisexual. Am i going to Hell ?

Punker69
Homosexuality is indeed a sin and that would fall under the line of being bi-sexual. You lay with members of both sex's so yes, I do believe it is a sin.

Lord Urizen
No...the question was...am I going to Hell ?

Punker69
Yes, if the sins are not washed away through baptism and repentence.

Lord Urizen
I was baptized first of all.

Secondly.....

So despite the fact that I give to charities, help my family, prevented my freind from committing suicide, teach my brothers and sis not to discriminate, pray to God as often as I can, only pray for others, am NOT permiscuous, settle problems between people I love, and over all have the love and respect for Life that surpasses others....

God will ignore the rest and only focus on the fact that im bisexual...

therefore send me to Hell.

Your logic is HILARIOUS
You are obviously young, close minded and only know what you are taught and nothing more.

I don't think there is a point arguing with you. You're brainwashed bro.

Punker69
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
Your logic is HILARIOUS
You are obviously young, close minded and only know what you are taught and nothing more.

I don't think there is a point arguing with you. You're brainwashed bro.

I know what the Bible teaches. You do and are ignorant. The BIble says there must not be a hint of sexual immorality among the brethen of the church.

Im dealing with your question as a case of homosexuality because bi-sexualism is having relationships with members of both sexes.

Leviticus 20:13

"If a man lies with a man as one lies with a woman, both of them have done what is detestable. They must be put to death; their blood will be on their own heads." (NIV)

"If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them." (KJV)

This practice was destestable to death during the time of Moses.

Leviticus 18:22

"Do not lie with a man as one lies with a woman; that is detestable." (NIV)

"Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination." (KJV)

Revelations 21:27

"Nothing impure will ever enter it, nor will anyone who does what is shameful or deceitful, but only those whose names are written in the Lamb's book of life." (NIV)

"And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life." (KJV)

We can see from the above scripture that nothing impure is going to enter into heaven. We can also see from the previous scriptures that such behaviour is impure and detestable.

1 Corinthians 6:9

"Know ye not that the unrighteous shall not inherit the kingdom of God? Be not deceived: neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor effeminate, nor abusers of themselves with mankind," (KJV)

The word here is translated "abusers of themselves with mankind"

"Do you not know that the unrighteous and the wrongdoers will not inherit or have any share in the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived (misled): neither the impure and immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor those who participate in homosexuality " (Amplified Bible)

"Do you not know that the wicked will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: Neither the sexually immoral nor idolaters nor adulterers nor male prostitutes nor homosexual offenders " (NIV)

When its all said and done everything else you've done in your life is going to all be void if you continue to be ignorant to the rest of the Bible. Its not enough that we submit part of ourselves to Jesus Christ. Jesus wants us to submit ourselves fully to him and his work.

Lord Urizen
Dude first of all

I don't beleive in the Bible

I don't beleive in your God...

You are not convincing me of anything.

You just said before that beleiving that someone deserves to go to Hell is the Ultamate Love....

youre insane. End of Story.

I am not ignorant you are. All you know is your Bible and Religion, you know nothing of the REAL world....OPEN YOUR EYES...not to a BOOK...to LIFE around you.

I feel bad for you bro.

Punker69
Ok, im going to call you dumb again. Because you asked me a question about the characterisitics of God and I gave you a biblical answered based on his inspiried word and you call me ignorant.

I told you why God would do a certain thing. I wasn't trying to convince you of anything.

Alliance
...that is assuming that the Bible is "god's" inspired word...

Punker69
Believing.

Lord Urizen
Ok, im going to call you dumb again.

laughinglaughing
laughinglaughing

AHAHAHHAHAHAA...wow you are SUCH a kid.

Your opinion of ME..as a person....is completely IRRELEVENT and i could not care less what you (or anyone who thinks like you) thinks of me, because you would ONLY look at me through "BIBLICAL EYES"

If you knew me in REAL LIFE you would never see ME for who I am. You would probably only see the SINNER and the "LOST FOOL".....

you even admitted that according to your faith, the fact that im bisexual nullifies all the GOOD i do in my life.

Like i sed...you are insane.

I don't do good deeds in my life for God...i do it for the people I love and the people i know need help. How much good have YOU done for anyone...really ?

Preaching doesn't count. What PHYSICAL GOOD have you done for anyone, I'd like to know. THEN your character holds water.

Because you asked me a question about the characterisitics of God and I gave you a biblical answered based on his inspiried word and you call me ignorant.

Not quite.....in fact bro, if i remember correctly YOU called me IGNORANT FIRST...and thats when all the insults were exchanged.

Anyways I beleive I am correct. You are very open minded about your Bible and Religion, but you are close minded and ignorant of all other sources of information.

I stand behind what i said before and now very proudly.

I told you why God would do a certain thing. I wasn't trying to convince you of anything.

Then why debate? Is the point of the DEBATE to not convince the other person that you are right ?

Are you PREACHING or DEBATING ?

Or are you trying to do both ? erm

NineCoronas
God is beyond Human comprehension. If we had the ability to utilize the full capacity of our brains, perhaps he wouldn't be.

debbiejo
Then I assume that you are following EVERYTHING else in Lev. right????..........You can't pick and chose.........you must follow it all, not none at all...

Lord Urizen
Therefore the Bible encourages killing, contradicting the Fifth Commandment "Thou Shall not kill"

Arachnoidfreak
The Seven Deadly Sins should be

1. Hypocrisy
2. Purposeful Ignorance
3. Lack of Chocolate
4. Molesting Children
6. Abandonment
7. Trying to Rule Other People's Individual Lives By Forcing Your Beliefs on Them

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by NineCoronas
God is beyond Human comprehension. If we had the ability to utilize the full capacity of our brains, perhaps he wouldn't be.

Wouldn't it make sense then that God should have given us the ability to utilise our brains at full capacity? To operate more as equals rather then "God and followers" -afterall we were apparantly crafted in him image.

And I am sure it would alleviate a lot of confusion, doubt and suffering. I suspect if God existed, and we understood, humanity would be such a petty, greedy and violent species (in the general history sense.)

Lord Urizen
Arachnoid Freak....you are the MAN ! big grin

Punker69
Then I assume that you are following EVERYTHING else in Lev. right????..........You can't pick and chose.........you must follow it all, not none at all...

Please expand.

debbiejo
The book of Leviticus...........do you follow everything in that book?...

Lord Urizen
I beleive the Bible is a mix of beautiful teachings with a dash of bull$#@$.......

I can say this, because I have read it enough times. I have like 5 different Bibles from my family members.

I love them and I respect thier Faith. I appreciate the most that they don't shove the Bible down my throat. They respect my ability to CHOOSE and think for myself, while I respect thier choice to beleive whatever they want.

Storm
Please expand.
As I interpret it, it basically comes down to that if someone wants to be consistent about his observance of biblical restrictions and prohibitions, then he must also preach and practice abstinence from many other activities that are commonplace in our society.

debbiejo
If a person is going to quote a bit of the book of Lev....then they should follow all of it, not just pick and chose.....

Example:

The first part Leviticus 1-16, and Leviticus 27, constitutes the main portion of the Priestly Code, which describes the details of rituals, and of worship, as well as details of ritual cleanliness and uncleanliness. Within this section are:

Laws regarding the regulations for different types of sacrifice (Leviticus 1-7):
Burnt-offerings, meat-offerings, and thank-offerings (Leviticus 1-3)
Sin-offerings, and trespass-offerings (Leviticus 4-5)
Priestly duties and rights concerning the offering of sacrifices (Leviticus 6-7)
The practical application of the sacrificial laws, within a narrative of the consecration of Aaron and his sons (Leviticus 8-10)
Aaron's first offering for himself and the people (Leviticus 8)
The case law lesson of strange fire being offered by Nadab and Abihu, and their subsequent execution by Yahweh for doing so (Leviticus 9-10)
Laws concerning purity and impurity (Leviticus 11-16)
Laws about clean and unclean animals (Leviticus 11)
Laws concerning ritual cleanliness after childbirth (Leviticus 12)
Laws concerning tzaraath of people, and of clothes and houses, often translated as leprosy, and mildew, respectively (Leviticus 13-14)
Laws concerning bodily discharges (such as blood, pus, etc.) and purification (Leviticus 15)
Laws regarding a day of national atonement, Yom Kippur (Leviticus 16)
Laws concerning the commutation of vows (Leviticus 27)
The second part, Leviticus 17-26, is known as the Holiness Code, and places particular, and noticeable, emphasis on holiness, and the holy. It is notably more of a miscellany of laws. Within this section are:

Laws concerning idolatry, the slaughter of animals, dead animals, and the consumption of blood (Leviticus 17)
Laws concerning sexual conduct (including some that are often interpreted as referring to male homosexuality), sorcery, and moloch (Leviticus 18, and also Leviticus 20, in which penalties are given) 'Thou shall not grind their hips, like the sow of the field.'
Laws concerning molten gods, peace-offerings, scraps of the harvest, fraud, the deaf, blind, elderly, and poor, poisoning the well, hate, sex with slaves, self harm, shaving, prostitution, sabbaths, sorcery, familiars, strangers, and just weights and measure (Leviticus 19)
Laws concerning priestly conduct, and prohibitions against the disabled, ill, and superfluously blemished, from becoming priests, or becoming sacrifices, for descendants of Aaron, and animals, respectively (Leviticus 21-22)
Laws concerning the observation of the annual feasts, and the sabbath, (Leviticus 23)
Laws concerning the altar of incense (Leviticus 24:1-9)
The case law lesson of a blasphemer being stoned to death, and other applications of the death penalty (Leviticus 24:10-23)
Laws concerning the Sabbath and Jubilee years (Leviticus 25)
A hortatory conclusion to the section, giving promises regarding obedience to these commandments, and warnings and threats for those that might disobey them.
These ordinances, in the book, are said to have been delivered in the space of a month, specifically the first month of the second year after the exodus. A major Chiastic structure runs through practically all of this book. For more detailed information see the article on Chiastic structure.

Alliance
Leviticus is way screwed up. I don't know why people use it to speak out on homosexuality, but then touch pigskin and don't take mildewy clothes to their priest, or sell thier daughter into slavery.

Arachnoidfreak
Leviticus is way screwed up. I don't know why people use it to speak out on homosexuality, but then touch pigskin and don't take mildewy clothes to their priest, or sell thier daughter into slavery.

or have a drunken orgy with you twin daughters

Lord Urizen
Does the Bible say anything AGAINST pedifilia ?

Alliance
most likely not

Lord Urizen
Right....how did i know ? roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
maybe...its obvious? laughing

Punker69
If a person is going to quote a bit of the book of Lev....then they should follow all of it, not just pick and chose.....

Example:

The first part Leviticus 1-16, and Leviticus 27, constitutes the main portion of the Priestly Code, which describes the details of rituals, and of worship, as well as details of ritual cleanliness and uncleanliness. Within this section are:

Laws regarding the regulations for different types of sacrifice (Leviticus 1-7):
Burnt-offerings, meat-offerings, and thank-offerings (Leviticus 1-3)
Sin-offerings, and trespass-offerings (Leviticus 4-5)
Priestly duties and rights concerning the offering of sacrifices (Leviticus 6-7)
The practical application of the sacrificial laws, within a narrative of the consecration of Aaron and his sons (Leviticus 8-10)
Aaron's first offering for himself and the people (Leviticus 8)
The case law lesson of strange fire being offered by Nadab and Abihu, and their subsequent execution by Yahweh for doing so (Leviticus 9-10)
Laws concerning purity and impurity (Leviticus 11-16)
Laws about clean and unclean animals (Leviticus 11)
Laws concerning ritual cleanliness after childbirth (Leviticus 12)
Laws concerning tzaraath of people, and of clothes and houses, often translated as leprosy, and mildew, respectively (Leviticus 13-14)
Laws concerning bodily discharges (such as blood, pus, etc.) and purification (Leviticus 15)
Laws regarding a day of national atonement, Yom Kippur (Leviticus 16)
Laws concerning the commutation of vows (Leviticus 27)
The second part, Leviticus 17-26, is known as the Holiness Code, and places particular, and noticeable, emphasis on holiness, and the holy. It is notably more of a miscellany of laws. Within this section are:

Laws concerning idolatry, the slaughter of animals, dead animals, and the consumption of blood (Leviticus 17)
Laws concerning sexual conduct (including some that are often interpreted as referring to male homosexuality), sorcery, and moloch (Leviticus 18, and also Leviticus 20, in which penalties are given) 'Thou shall not grind their hips, like the sow of the field.'
Laws concerning molten gods, peace-offerings, scraps of the harvest, fraud, the deaf, blind, elderly, and poor, poisoning the well, hate, sex with slaves, self harm, shaving, prostitution, sabbaths, sorcery, familiars, strangers, and just weights and measure (Leviticus 19)
Laws concerning priestly conduct, and prohibitions against the disabled, ill, and superfluously blemished, from becoming priests, or becoming sacrifices, for descendants of Aaron, and animals, respectively (Leviticus 21-22)
Laws concerning the observation of the annual feasts, and the sabbath, (Leviticus 23)
Laws concerning the altar of incense (Leviticus 24:1-9)
The case law lesson of a blasphemer being stoned to death, and other applications of the death penalty (Leviticus 24:10-23)
Laws concerning the Sabbath and Jubilee years (Leviticus 25)
A hortatory conclusion to the section, giving promises regarding obedience to these commandments, and warnings and threats for those that might disobey them.
These ordinances, in the book, are said to have been delivered in the space of a month, specifically the first month of the second year after the exodus. A major Chiastic structure runs through practically all of this book. For more detailed information see the article on Chiastic structure.

I admit. The area im most confused about of the whole Bible is the law of moses and its dealings with today. Jesus said he did not come to destroy the law but then we are living under grace. The law was not completely done away with but it doesn't mean we dont follow everything from the law?

Its still a sketchy subject for me. I'll admit, I need to do further studying on the matter.

I cant tell you that it is one of the reasons God destroyed Soddom and Gommorah.

Lord Urizen
I actually heard that the MAIN reason he destroyed Soddom and Gammorah was because of the child sacrafices those nations promoted, not necessarily because of homosexual activity.

Punker69
I never said it was the MAIN reason now did I....

Lord Urizen
No but it would seem more rational.

Killing a KILLER rather than KILLING a homo.

thats all punker, thas all .

docb77
bad attempt at humor:

So maybe we should "stone" the people leviticus says to stone - but we should do it by todays definition.... Care for some Maryjane?

Lord Urizen
WHAT ? What the f**k?

Alliance
that was a very bat atempt at humor.

Have Soddom and Gammorrah ever be found? I don't remember that part of the bible very well, I just remember the fire+brimstone part.

Punker69
No but it would seem more rational.

Killing a KILLER rather than KILLING a homo.

thats all punker, thas all .

Im sure there were alot of reasons God decided to destroy an entire city...

Alliance
appaerntly not, he hasn't done it since....

or maybe...he never did it at all?

debbiejo

Lord Urizen
Punker, how come today it's only people that destroy cities.

I have not heard anything of God destroying cities today, but if you care to enlighten me on the matter, i would love to hear about it.

Arachnoidfreak
HEY! SHUT UP! GOD DISTROYED NEW ORLEANS!11!!! THOSE UNSAVED HEATHENS AND THEIR GAYNESS AND MARDI GRAS! AND DAMN THE POOR THAT WERE HIT BY THE TSUNAMI AS WELL!11!!!!1

That's usually the response.

Shakyamunison
HEY! SHUT UP! GOD DISTROYED NEW ORLEANS!11!!! THOSE UNSAVED HEATHENS AND THEIR GAYNESS AND MARDI GRAS! AND DAMN THE POOR THAT WERE HIT BY THE TSUNAMI AS WELL!11!!!!1

That's usually the response.

Ya, I'm always shocked at this kind of stupidity.

Storm
God is not a terrorist.

Arachnoidfreak
Thats not what the Bible says.

I think the whole "Fer God's wrath" thing speaks for itself.

debbiejo
God destroyed New Orleans??? mad

Lord Urizen
Some people actually beleive that AIDS is a punishment from God.

Some people also beleive that 9/11 is a punishment from God.

How sick minded is that ?

debbiejo
OH, I hear ya, I've heard all about that too..........What are tornados, gods little tats?

Black Rob
OH, I hear ya, I've heard all about that too..........What are tornados, gods little tats? Tornados are God's punishment for Will and Grace

Alliance
If tornadoes are punishment, why do they tend to hit the south?

Lord Urizen
AHAHHAHA you guys in the South are the ones who always get hit by tornadoes and hurricanes. Whose being punished ?

Alliance
Either there is no relation, or God has a sense of humor wink

debbiejo
Yeah, cause the South is the Bible belt............GOD DOES HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR!!!............ rolling on floor laughing

Punker69
Punker, how come today it's only people that destroy cities.

I have not heard anything of God destroying cities today, but if you care to enlighten me on the matter, i would love to hear about it.

I look at it this way. I think the city of Sodom and Gommorah was way worse than any city in the world today. I think it was so corrupt that God decided to just destroy it completely. It says in Genesis 18:33 that Abraham could not even find 10 people in the whole city of Sodom that where righteous and could spare the city its judgement.

debbiejo
Think now....do you think in a whole huge city, you couldn't even find 10 righteous people???..........Of course you would.

Lord Urizen
Okay that would make sense. And i can only imagine how evil these people must have been considering that THOSE times were so much mroe savage (on average) than today.

However, since we don't have the details, i can't imagine.

I mean the Rwanda Genocides in Africa, Hitler's take over of most of Europe (Germany is fine today), Present China where people are executed for being Christian or any religion for that matter.....none of these places could compare to Sodom or Gamorra ?

I mean .......Amsterdam lol enuff said

Not even a little bit ?

Did God destroy these two cities himself ? Or did he send people to do it for him? Maybe today he secretly uses the military to do his Holy Work.

I mean President Bush DID say that God wanted him to be president, and he did compare the war in Iraq to the Crusades ........

debbiejo
And isn't the word "Righteous" subjective anyway?.......Righteous as compared to the whole book of Leviticus???...........People today don't even follow the laws in that book.

Alliance
except for the ones on homosexuality....

Punker69
And isn't the word "Righteous" subjective anyway?.......Righteous as compared to the whole book of Leviticus???...........People today don't even follow the laws in that book.

No, its not subjectective. Sodom was mentioned before the Law of Moses was established. Even before the law of Moses some of the laws which most call the MORAL LAWS were still in place and will continue to be in place even after Jesus fulfilled the law.

Alliance
what are those "moral laws"? I'm not familiar with where they are.

Punker69
I dont know all of them right now. But a few include jealousy, adultery, and homosexuality.

Jealousy existed between Cain and Abel and lead to murder.

Homosexuality goes against the first commandment God ever gave man. And that was to be fruitful and multiply. A man and a man cannot do that. Neither can a woman and a woman do that. Sex first purporse is not for a few seconds of pleasure. Thats not why God created sex. Although it is a fundamental element of a marriage but God's first purpose for man and for sex was so that it would produce children.

There's some laws that we dont forget or neglect. The key word we must remember and not forget is that Jesus came to fullfill the law and not to DESTROY it. He didn't come to do away with the law. The laws first purpose was to unify and and show obedience to God. When Jesus fulfilled the law we no longer have to abide by the same rules because they were just put in effect to lead people to God. But now since we have the Holy Ghost everything the law tried to do for man but couldn't do can be lived out through us.

There's some laws that we dont forget. They where wrong before the Law and there are wrong after the law. If you do an in-depth study of it you will find out the same.

ðµhµl gê†ñåh

speaking on logical terms, if u were able to access 100% of ur brain u would die.....

ur brain takes care of all the involuntary muscle movements Happy Dance

this means that every millisecond ud have to force ur blood vessells open and close while continuing breathing nerve functions, etc.

therefore "God" is completely out of the reach of the humon psyche.

ðµhµl gê†ñåh
I dont know all of them right now. But a few include jealousy, adultery, and homosexuality.

Jealousy existed between Cain and Abel and lead to murder.

Homosexuality goes against the first commandment God ever gave man. And that was to be fruitful and multiply. A man and a man cannot do that. Neither can a woman and a woman do that. Sex first purporse is not for a few seconds of pleasure. Thats not why God created sex. Although it is a fundamental element of a marriage but God's first purpose for man and for sex was so that it would produce children.

There's some laws that we dont forget or neglect. The key word we must remember and not forget is that Jesus came to fullfill the law and not to DESTROY it. He didn't come to do away with the law. The laws first purpose was to unify and and show obedience to God. When Jesus fulfilled the law we no longer have to abide by the same rules because they were just put in effect to lead people to God. But now since we have the Holy Ghost everything the law tried to do for man but couldn't do can be lived out through us.

There's some laws that we dont forget. They where wrong before the Law and there are wrong after the law. If you do an in-depth study of it you will find out the same.

infertility.... is he singling out ppl to send to hell? thats pretty neato i think.

NineCoronas

Punker69
What?

ðµhµl gê†ñåh
no expression

When you perform involuntary movements, you use your brain. You use around 3% of the brain. If we could use all of it, it wouldn't make a difference.

yes it would bcause u would have to consciensly controll all the functions of the body at all times,

.... anything realated to body funtions is realated to brain function the point is that u are using X% involuntary, therefore all would be voluntary now.

Punker69
What about 99% of our brains....

Alliance

Punker69
I have't done an in-depth study. I could've told you that. I've read enough and heard enough to know the answers are within the timeline. Its my gameplan to go back and read the first few books of the Bible and see where the Law all fits in.

Some laws of God never change. Homosexuality and other kinds of perversion where called an abomination before God. Do you think what was an "abomination" then it suddenly righteous now? Read through Genesis and you'll see laws still in effect then too even before the Law of Moses. And Jesus taught about them in the NT.

What exactly do you want scripture reference for?

Alliance
I want the refernce for proof. If you plan to do the study, post your result when you get them. I wan't aware of any laws before moses/Leviticus. You said that these laws were before Sodom and Gammorah. I think thats incorrect. The first laws that I remember were in Exodus with Moses, and the first real nitty gritty laws in Leviticus.

You may call homosexuality an abonination, but I remember the majority if not the only condemnation of homosexuality being in Leviticus. Leviticus also condepms eating pork and rabbit, gives you instructions for the treatment of mildew clothes, and was to sacrifice meat to God. You don'y follow those rules, but you just follow the ones you want and say you follow them because they are infallible.

THAT my friend, is called hypocrisy.

Punker69
I never said they were actual LAWS as given to Moses from the Mountain by God. But the fact that some laws where in place before Exodus and Leviticus shows that there are some laws that are forever. I mentioned Murder, Jealousy, and I can fnd more for you too. Theres some laws we dont have to follow anymore because we are part of the 2nd covenant and there some laws that stay with us forever.

Alliance
I never said they were actual LAWS as given to Moses from the Mountain by God. But the fact that some laws where in place before Exodus and Leviticus shows that there are some laws that are forever.
If you think "LAWS" and 'laws" are different, you need to draw a greater distinction between the two by using a more appropriate term.

Theres some laws we dont have to follow anymore because we are part of the 2nd covenant and there some laws that stay with us forever.
2nd covenant=Vatican II? Regardless, man chose to confirm/deny those laws. Those laws were written as God's will. If you follow some and not others, you are just bastardizing the faith. YOu cant take some parts ot fhte bible literally and not others.

Punker69
If you think "LAWS" and 'laws" are different, you need to draw a greater distinction between the two by using a more appropriate term.

Fair enough.

2nd covenant=Vatican II? Regardless, man chose to confirm/deny those laws. Those laws were written as God's will. If you follow some and not others, you are just bastardizing the faith. YOu cant take some parts ot fhte bible literally and not others.

Agreed. One shouldnot follow some laws and not others. But we dont follow the ceremonial, dietary, and all those other laws because those were put into play to draw men to God. We have the Holy Spirit to guide us now and one of its purposes is to guide us and do for us what the law couldn't do.

But the main thing here is not that I follow some laws as mentioned in Duet and Leviticus but that I follow laws that were in effect even before those books. And even after.

Alliance
Agreed. One shouldnot follow some laws and not others. But we dont follow the ceremonial, dietary, and all those other laws because those were put into play to draw men to God. We have the Holy Spirit to guide us now and one of its purposes is to guide us and do for us what the law couldn't do.
This doesnt make sense to me. You say you "shouldnot follow some laws and not others" but then explain how to do so? How do you make a distinction between whats a ploy and what real. If you dismiss some laws so easily, can't you just as easily dismiss laws about homosexuality as a ploy? I'm sure if the holy spirit exists, it existed at the time of Jesus.
But the main thing here is not that I follow some laws as mentioned in Duet and Leviticus but that I follow laws that were in effect even before those books. And even after.
Your method still sounds fairly arbitrary to me and more based on what you want to keep, and not what is written. You don't want to bother with food regulations or the price you can sell your daughter for, but you claim homosexuality as an "abomination" because it is written by the infallible word of god.

Punker69
It did exist at the itme of Jesus. But God didn't give it unto to his people until the book of Acts. The Holy Spirit has existed since Gensis 1:2.

Your missing what im saying. Those things weren't just mentioned in the laws. What im trying to say is that some laws where in effect before and after the law of Moses was established and in effect.

Alliance
Ok, and since I questioned where those were found, we aren't reaching a conclusion. I await your study to shed more light on this. smile

Punker69
Wont really be a study.

Just reading through the first books and trying to peice it all together. But if I find anything else out i'll let ya know.

debbiejo
Yes there is a difference between LAWS and laws...........the LAW is the 10 commandments........the "laws" are in Leviticus along with feast days..etc.

Lord Urizen
Some laws of God never change. Homosexuality and other kinds of perversion where called an abomination before God. Do you think what was an "abomination" then it suddenly righteous now? Read through Genesis and you'll see laws still in effect then too even before the Law of Moses. And Jesus taught about them in the NT.

Yes, Homosexuality was considered a crime way before Christianity came into being.

By many many cultures, other than the Ancient Greeks and Romans ofcourse.

But my take on it is, the SAME WAY Christianity copied many of its concepts and ideas from the Ancient religion Zoroastrianism (which was actually the first monotheistic religion, and the first religion to have a "God", a "devil", an "armaggedon" and a "savior"wink,

you can't blame me for thinking that Christianity copied every other culture's condemnation of homosexuality.

You gotta remember....people back then were not these genuises, they were very savage and immoral people already (all nations).....ofcourse if a straight group of ancient people know that gay people exist, they would think gays were disgusting and try to prevent thier actions by claiming homosexuality a "crime" or a "sin"

It all comes down to the fact that people who are not homosexual will never understand it, and tend to think its disgusting, and therefore NOT hesitate to call it a "sin" or outlaw it

Alliance
Not all cultures condemmned homosexuality. It was guite prevelant in many classic cultures.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.