Holy Royal Rumble (or Divine Melee)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Morgoths_Wrath
WARNING: Hypothetical question

Who would win in an all-out brawl between these religious figures?

(this could be the start of a Religion VS. Forum!)

Jonathan Mark
dots

debbiejo
L. Ron Hubbard...He has the money........

Black Rob
Flying Spaghetti Monster FTW!!!

darth vraya
I am seriously undecided on this one so I did eenie meenie minie moe and got odin

docb77
Assuming that everything their perspective religions say about them is true?

Moses - out, he needs divine help to do anything, not divine himself
Zeus - Lightning bolts, immortality, can't keep his zipper shut...
Jesus - Controls the elements, has power over life and death - definitely a contender
Ra - Sun God, put his father (Osiris) back together again
Muhammad - Same problem as Moses, now a fight between those two?
Krishna - Wise, Strong, Peaceful Warrior
Buddha - The fat one or the skinny one? just an enlightened rich guy
Odin - Norse equivalent of Zeus, but with armor
Tiamat - Babylonian or D&D? Babylonian got schooled by a rival, D&D too many heads.
L. Ron Hubbard - good imagination, deluded (or maybe I should say cause of delusions)

I'm gonna go with JC. He was the Master of all by christian definition. Primitive religions saw their deitys as more at their level (exponentially more powerful, but still understandable)

grey fox
Heres how it goes down .

Moses - Weak offense (he has a few magic tricks up his sleeve but their not much) he get's cut in half by Odin

Zeus - Strong offense (he uses lightening bolt's ) and is supposedly Immortal (though in retrospective his father said the same and look where that got him)

Jesus - Jesus is more on defense , healing and such alike (where the heck does it say Jesus can control the elements ? )

Ra - Egyptian god of the sun , probably could use the sun to attack with , although he could be taken out early by a heavy hitter also his main weapon (the sun ) can be extinguished with ease.

Muhammad - Same as moses

Krishna - Medium on all skills

Buddha - He get's killed quickly , as he tries to not get caught in the fray.

Odin - Heavy on offense (He's a god of war and can start war's by throwing a spear , also all they do in Valhalla is eat . drink and fight so the guy's not out of practice) , good on defense (he's said to be a healer) can shape change , knows magic and has 'the wisdom of the ages' .

Tiamat- Can spawn hybrid creatures.

L. Ron Hubbard - Fleshy and weak

Arachnoidfreak
Jormungand comes in and WTFpwns everyone. He is the sleeping dragon which brings about the Ragnarok, and in his battle with Thor, they both die.

Besides, in Norse Mythology the Gods are destined to die.

willRules
Originally posted by grey fox
Jesus - Jesus is more on defense , healing and such alike (where the heck does it say Jesus can control the elements ?

Its a kinda given with the whole walking on water, calming the storm existing at the dawn of creation, many miracles, salvation of mankind, resurrection, being completely human and completely God at the same time. big grin

The disciples said after he calmed the storm "who is this man that even the seas and winds obey him?"

docb77
Originally posted by willRules
Its a kinda given with the whole walking on water, calming the storm existing at the dawn of creation, many miracles, salvation of mankind, resurrection, being completely human and completely God at the same time. big grin

The disciples said after he calmed the storm "who is this man that even the seas and winds obey him?"

And let's not forget the smitten fig tree

cool

Jesus tells something to die and it does. 'nuff said.

Darth Jello
no Joseph Smith?

Mr. Valentine
I find this thread offensive, so have some....

SPAM

Adam_PoE
Buddha, founder of Buddhism with the power of invisibility.

Jesus, founder of Christianity and intuitive genius at carpentry.

Joseph Smith, founder of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints with the power of cryokenesis.

Krishna, Hindu diety with the power of metamorphasis.

Lao Tsu, founder of Taoism with the power of telekenesis.

Moses, Jewish prophet with the power of omniscience.

Muhammad, Islamic prophet with the power of pyrokenesis.

And Sea-Man with the power to breathe underwater and talk to fish.

Together, they are the Super Best Friends!

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/504_superbest.gif

Morgoths_Wrath
Originally posted by Adam_PoE
Muhammad, Islamic prophet with the power of pyrokenesis.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/9a/504_superbest.gif

So....an image of the prophet Muhammad was already on TELEVISION....and Muslims didn't even CARE???

Hmmm...

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/a/a3/Muhammad.jpg

Arachnoidfreak
Its South Park...that doesn't count.

Besides, the Dainsh paper made it their point to make fun oof him, if anything Matt and Trey giving him superpowers that he never had is beneficial to him.

docb77
Originally posted by Darth Jello
no Joseph Smith?

Nah, we already established that prophets can't compete with deities.

Quiero Mota
Zeus would fry them all with lightning and then sleep with their wives. smokin'

fini
NOt Krishna man, Get SHIVA, he's the destroyer!!! He gets my vote.

Bowser jr
Originally posted by grey fox
Heres how it goes down .

Moses - Weak offense (he has a few magic tricks up his sleeve but their not much) he get's cut in half by Odin

Zeus - Strong offense (he uses lightening bolt's ) and is supposedly Immortal (though in retrospective his father said the same and look where that got him)

Jesus - Jesus is more on defense , healing and such alike (where the heck does it say Jesus can control the elements ? )

Ra - Egyptian god of the sun , probably could use the sun to attack with , although he could be taken out early by a heavy hitter also his main weapon (the sun ) can be extinguished with ease.

Muhammad - Same as moses

Krishna - Medium on all skills

Buddha - He get's killed quickly , as he tries to not get caught in the fray.

Odin - Heavy on offense (He's a god of war and can start war's by throwing a spear , also all they do in Valhalla is eat . drink and fight so the guy's not out of practice) , good on defense (he's said to be a healer) can shape change , knows magic and has 'the wisdom of the ages' .

Tiamat- Can spawn hybrid creatures.

L. Ron Hubbard - Fleshy and weak

You have a good understanding and i agree on what you say.
evil face devil smokin' beer rock

docb77
Anyone read that Wizard article pitting JC against some comics characters?

hysterical

ROYALGUARD
wheres Ares? he should be able to kill everyone even zeus

Alliance
nope, Zeus was clearly in control.

FeceMan
Originally posted by Morgoths_Wrath
WARNING: Hypothetical question

Who would win in an all-out brawl between these religious figures?

(this could be the start of a Religion VS. Forum!)
Dude, Jesus has Contingent Resurrection. Don't know what you're smoking, but that guarantees the win, eventually. Heck, he died once; now he's probably ready to kick some ass.

LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT! LIGHTNING BOLT!

Imperial_Samura
Why do we have gods and men mixing?

Moses - a prophet really who did God's will, a conduit of his power. Got into trouble when he got prideful.
Zeus - Most knowledgeable and arguably powerful of the Greek pantheon - but this doesn't translate to omnipotence of omniscience.
Jesus - more of a peaceful character, and his resurrection was very event specific.
Ra - depending on the period in question he could be one of the movers and shakers of the Egyptian pantheon, and tied into the continued existence of the universe and keeping chaos in check. His whole life was fighting it, in one form or another.
Muhammad - much like Moses, only he had some knowledge of war.
Krishna - I respect his feat with the Gopis, but I think Shiva would be more suitable here.
Buddha - beyond all that.
Odin - A good contender.
Tiamat - fairly sure it dies in all it's myths, kind of representing the primal chaos that came before creation of one sort or another. Either way Ra knocks it on the head and creates a new world from it's corpse.
L. Ron Hubbard - Dead now. Not impressive.

Comes down to Ra, Odin and Zeus - Greek and Nordic war craft though strikes me as more capable then Egyptian, and Ra has to leave for the underworld every night. so he forfeits. In the end I'll say tie between the final two...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.