Christian: FAQ

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Call it Christian Propaganda or whatever you may think it is....but read it. It's really not such a bad stuff. It somewhat appeals to me and maybe it answers some of the stuff you been pondering about.

Pick One

If you claim to be as open minded as you say....why not browse it? give it a shot.

Echuu
Awesome.

PuffyCheese
My. How informative.

Echuu
Originally posted by PuffyCheese
My. How informative.

laughing no expression

Refused
What would happen if we find life outside of earth? You think aliens are going to be Christians?

Gregory
...whatever you say, Mr. FAQ Guy

Echuu
Originally posted by Refused
What would happen if we find life outside of earth? You think aliens are going to be Christians?

We haven't yet. Deal with it.

Gregory
Originally posted by Echuu
We haven't yet. Deal with it.

Intelligent discussion is for the weak!

Refused
It's just hard to imagine. Our infinitley small planet is the center of life? That's bullshit. This is torture.

Echuu
Originally posted by Gregory
Intelligent discussion is for the weak!

He is asking a stupid what if question and downplaying everything in that faq just because 'there could be aliens.'

And as for your previous comment; Jesus became the sacrifice. There is no need for those rituals because Jesus takes the place of them.
I believe the 'faq guy' should have worded what he said better.

Gregory
So when Jesus says "until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished" he really means, "after I die you should ignore this stuff?"

Echuu
Originally posted by Gregory
So when Jesus says "until heaven and earth pass away, not one letter, not one stroke of a letter, will pass from the law until all is accomplished" he really means, "after I die you should ignore this stuff?"

Well then wouldn't he contradict the parts about lust also? He's altering it for goodness sake.

debbiejo
The bible says "God changes NOT"....So, it is true "Not one jot or tittle will in NO WAY PASS AWAY!"................Hope you are all keeping the Sabbath...

God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow...again god changes not".......

Echuu
Originally posted by debbiejo
The bible says "God changes NOT"....So, it is true "Not one jot or tittle will in NO WAY PASS AWAY!"................Hope you are all keeping the Sabbath...

God is the same yesterday, today and tomorrow...again god changes not".......

That's crap and you know it. Jesus fulfilled the law. If you want to keep whining about it go ahead but it doens't CHANGE stick out tongue a thing.

Shakyamunison
Christianity is just a belief. It can be very good in a person's life or very evil; it all depends on the people.

Black Rob
It was pretty good i will admit

debbiejo
That's crap and you know it. Jesus fulfilled the law. If you want to keep whining about it go ahead but it doens't CHANGE stick out tongue a thing. Not keeping the Sabbath are you??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

So, I guess Jesus is a lier when he said "Not one jot or tittle will in now way pass away from the Law".....

Jesus is a lier, Jesus is a lier, Jesus is a lier

Capt_Fantastic
I don't know why I found this sentence so amusing. Maybe because people who think the planet is 6000 years old might not be very well trained or thinking.

Now, I didn't read the whole thing, but the guy answering the questions is also the guy who asked them, right? I mean, from the beginning, he assumes the position of the persecuted christian under attack.

WrathfulDwarf
I didn't get that impression from him Capt. If I had some suspicions of extremiest then I wouldn't have even bother making the thread. But don't take my word for it. Read his own FAQ:

http://www.christianfaq.com/faq.html

I just found his answers interesting.

Echuu
Not keeping the Sabbath are you??? roll eyes (sarcastic)

So, I guess Jesus is a lier when he said "Not one jot or tittle will in now way pass away from the Law".....

Jesus is a lier, Jesus is a lier, Jesus is a lier

Yeah I 'remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.' I don't see where this is going other than you trying tp push my buttons.

I'm pretty sure it's spelled 'liar.'

Shakyamunison
Yeah I 'remember the Sabbath and keep it holy.' I don't see where this is going other than you trying tp push my buttons.

I'm pretty sure it's spelled 'liar.'

Did you know that other people cannot push our buttons, we do it for them. laughing Keep control over your buttons and you will live a happier life. Now go play your guitar. laughing

debbiejo

I'm pretty sure it's spelled 'liar.' You don't like my "floating Jesus?".........hahaha.........yeah it is liar.........

Tell me how you keep your sabbath Mr I follow all the bible?....Oh, and what day are you keeping it?..........The day Jesus kept, or the day Constantine changed it too.

Follower of Constantine, follower of Constantine, Follower of Constantine

Shakyamunison
^ Hey Deb. Go pick on someone your own age... wait... that would be me... on second thought, never mind. eek! *runs away*

laughing

debbiejo
laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud

Run!! The Trinity is following you.........eek!

Capt_Fantastic
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I didn't get that impression from him Capt.

I said I didn't read everything. But, in the statement I quoted, it can't be denied that he is approaching the subject from the POV of someone who has been attacked. I mean, it's right there in what he says.

I'm not trying to point out a person who feels persecuted. Rather, some one who acts like they are persecuted. And there is no shortage of christians in this country today. That is obvious. There wouldn't be bills on the floor of the senate the are contrary, otherwise.

Be Christian all you want. But, not at the expense of another person who feels differently than do you.

My only point. Go Dubyah...and all.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
^ Hey Deb. Go pick on someone your own age... wait... that would be me... on second thought, never mind. eek! *runs away*

laughing

laughing

Echuu
Did you know that other people cannot push our buttons, we do it for them. laughing Keep control over your buttons and you will live a happier life. Now go play your guitar. laughing

I have been mad stick out tongue

debs>.........I go to church..even though it doesn't really say you have to do that to keep the sabbath. Wait so it's supposed to be on Saturdays then?

debbiejo
^ Constantine follower!!

Echuu
^ Constantine follower!!

Still didn't answer my question.

debbiejo
Of course it's on Saturday. It was never changed. The Law changeth NOT...Even today the Jews know this. That's why they still worship on the Sabbath along with other protestant groups like the SDA, WWCG, and 7th Day Baptists amongst others.......No where did Jesus say it was changed....Heck even the Catholic church is open on Saturday.

Constantine changed the date at the council of Nicea to bring in the Pagans that worshipped on Sunday...He merged the faiths, and also implemented Easter instead of Passover which was being kept...Christians never celebrated the Birth of Jesus also, but that was also instituted on Dec. 25, to accommodate the pagan believe Of Mithra amongst other pagan deities..

Echuu
Of course it's on Saturday. It was never changed. The Law changeth NOT...Even today the Jews know this. That's why they still worship on the Sabbath along with other protestant groups like the SDA, WWCG, and 7th Day Baptists amongst others.......No where did Jesus say it was changed....Heck even the Catholic church is open on Saturday.

Constantine changed the date at the council of Nicea to bring in the Pagans that worshipped on Sunday...He merged the faiths, and also implemented Easter instead of Passover which was being kept...Christians never celebrated the Birth of Jesus also, but that was also instituted on Dec. 25, to accommodate the pagan believe Of Mithra amongst other pagan deities..

Well whatever. Even if it is an incorrect day I'm keeping fellowship with believers and there's nothing wrong with that.
As for Christmas it's obviously not the EXACT day Jesus was born. Same with His Easter death and resurrection. It's just nice to have a day to set aside for remembrance.

debbiejo
Well whatever. Even if it is an incorrect day I'm keeping fellowship with believers and there's nothing wrong with that.
. You're placing yourself against the Law and the Word of God!!!

You best repent, but now you're damned because you know and are willingly sinning.

Echuu
You're placing yourself against the Law and the Word of God!!!

You best repent, but now you're damned because you know and are willingly sinning.

God tells us to obey our parents. wink

Shakyamunison
You're placing yourself against the Law and the Word of God!!!

Oh! stop it. These new Christians don't get stumped by that old line. They have found a new rationalization to get around it. laughing

debbiejo
God tells us to obey our parents. wink What does that have to do with your deliberate sinning??......You're damned!! You're damned because you know....Now you are left with no excuse but to face Judgement. What are you gonna tell god? confused

I worry for your eternal soul......

Echuu
What does that have to do with your deliberate sinning??......You're damned!! You're damned because you know....Now you are left with no excuse but to face Judgement. What are you gonna tell god? confused

I worry for your eternal soul......

Think about it.

I worry for your state of mind.

Shakyamunison
^Deb worries about Echuu's soul and Echuu worries about Deb's mind. Am I the only person rolling on the ground with laughter? rolling on floor laughing laughing

Echuu
^Deb worries about Echuu's soul and Echuu worries about Deb's mind. Am I the only person rolling on the ground with laughter? rolling on floor laughing laughing

Nah it's pretty funny. Any random guitar advice today?

Shakyamunison
Nah it's pretty funny. Any random guitar advice today?

I'm not any good at random guitar. laughing

lord xyz
Oh! stop it. These new Christians don't get stumped by that old line. They have found a new rationalization to get around it. laughing like there science?

lord xyz
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Call it Christian Propaganda or whatever you may think it is....but read it. It's really not such a bad stuff. It somewhat appeals to me and maybe it answers some of the stuff you been pondering about.

Pick One

If you claim to be as open minded as you say....why not browse it? give it a shot. I love you WD; I want to have your babies.

Echuu
I'm not any good at random guitar. laughing

Oh come on! You have to be good at improv!!

Shakyamunison
Oh come on! You have to be good at improv!!

I spent too many years playing bass, so now when I improv on guitar, it just sounds like I'm playing bass on guitar. sad

We are off topic, so no more questions. wink

Echuu
I spent too many years playing bass, so now when I improv on guitar, it just sounds like I'm playing bass on guitar. sad

We are off topic, so no more questions. wink

laughing out loud laughing out loud laughing out loud Yeah but but, but. Fine! stick out tongue

So anyways; great Christian faq we got here.

Jonathan Mark
Originally posted by lord xyz
I love you WD; I want to have your babies.
Wow... what a pointless statement. You were no different when you hanged around in the SW vs.

debbiejo
Think about it.

I worry for your state of mind. Ok.........you're ok with disobeying the 10 commandments then..........No sweat of my nose.... wink

Echuu
Ok.........you're ok with disobeying the 10 commandments then..........No sweat of my nose.... wink

For someone who seems to have a sac-religious answer for EVERYTHING you sure seem to be brain dead right now.

The bible says to obey those in authority even when under precarious circumstances. That's what I meant with the whole going to church thing but apparently you missed that about 500 posts ago.

DigiMark007
A cool read...I had to browse most of it though. It offers a more intelligent justification for Christianity than msot sources while at the same time not seeming ignorant or condescending toward other religions.

...I still have yet to see a Christian apologist who addresses my primary concerns with the religion (primarily, the pagan influences upon Christianity and inherent problems with numerous (and wildly varying) translations and interpretations of the "Word of God"...I'm sure at least a few members know what I'm talking about). But at least as a former Christian, it's nice to see someone not giving the Christian idea a bad name like so many extremists do.

I once read something to the effect of, the most rational and compassionate members of any religion resemble one another in fundamental ways that transcend religious boundaries...I believe this to be true, and am encouraged to see compassion and reason in any approach to any religion.

Lord Urizen
Christianity is not an "evil religion"

Christian people are all different. Some are very good, and some are actually evil people.

Being a Christian does not automatically make you a good person. This stereo type needs to go away.

Alliance
yup yup

Lord Urizen
But see thats what people don't understand.

We ARE ALL DIFFERENT.....in so many ways.

Christians are not all the same. Many are genuinely good, while others are so hateful.

Gays are not all the same. Many are good innocent people who are just trying to live thier lives, while others are just as superficial and judgemental as some Christians are.

YOU have to EXPOSE yourself to other people before you can make any judgements on them, IF AT ALL you even choose to make a judgement.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.