Spiderman(marvel vs. capcom) VS. Spiderman(marvel nemesis)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Scarlet315
Who wins this battle. Although they are both spiderman, in this case they both have different skills. For instance one of 'em has maximum spider and the other has rage.

batdude123
When I played Marvel Nemesis, Spider-man seemed really REALLY uber in my opinio. So I'll go with the Marvel Nemesis Spider-man.

Blade Cutter
Well when played with right MN Spider-man could not be touched at all plus he can throw cars and shit.

diabloman
marvel vs capcom was stupid. it would have been cooler if they made a
streetfighter vs MK game. they would have made some buck there.

Dinalfos
Marvel vs. Capcom was awesome. Especially the sequel. I'm still waiting for the third game, that, unfortunately, will never see the light of day messed

On topic, MN Spiderman is a too powerful.

Sixth_Winged
marvel vs. capcom stupid, wha???

That was some awesome shit. The gameplay w/ friends has the enjoyment longetivity for years.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Dinalfos
Marvel vs. Capcom was awesome. Especially the sequel. I'm still waiting for the third game, that, unfortunately, will never see the light of day messed

On topic, MN Spiderman is a too powerful.

Agreed yes

I mean especially if you play on Xbox Live, where EVERYONE plays as Spidey. Seriously Spidey beating guys like Magneto and Iron Man What the f**k?

jrodslam
MvC Spiderman wins. MN Spiderman lacked moves and combos like much of the characters in the game. True he was able to pick up cars, but MvC Spiderman has the "Spider-Sting". We all know how dominant dragon punches are.

And i agree with Sixth_Winged. Marvel vs Capcom is the s**t. Hell, all of the vs series rock. I still play my MvC2 to this day.

jrodslam
Double post.

batdude123
Originally posted by Grimm22
Agreed yes

I mean especially if you play on Xbox Live, where EVERYONE plays as Spidey. Seriously Spidey beating guys like Magneto and Iron Man What the f**k?

Dude, Magneto was AWESOME in Marvel Nemesis. rock Seriously, when played right, he was easily the most powerful character in that game. yes You know who sucked in that game though? Daredevil erm

bigbran
venom sucked.

jrodslam
Originally posted by batdude123
Dude, Magneto was AWESOME in Marvel Nemesis. rock Seriously, when played right, he was easily the most powerful character in that game. yes You know who sucked in that game though? Daredevil erm

Daredevil could have been better, but he wasnt the worst. From Marvel, it has to be Thing and Elektra imo.

You are right about Mags being one of the top in the game for Marvel. Him, Iron Man, Storm and Torch are easily the top.

I dont know how people complain about Spidey though. His projectile isnt as fast as IM or Storms, plus people dont seem to use the dodge very often. They think they can block everything, but thats not the case. Nemesis is a very tactical comic-like game.

batdude123
Originally posted by jrodslam
Daredevil could have been better, but he wasnt the worst. From Marvel, it has to be Thing and Elektra imo.

You are right about Mags being one of the top in the game for Marvel. Him, Iron Man, Storm and Torch are easily the top.

I dont know how people complain about Spidey though. His projectile isnt as fast as IM or Storms, plus people dont seem to use the dodge very often. They think they can block everything, but thats not the case. Nemesis is a very tactical comic-like game.

Yeah, Daredevil should've been A LOT better than he was. Him, along with Wolverine should've been better. Seriously, they made Wolverine slow as hell and they didn't show off his martial arts ability. For me, Thing was definitely the bottom of the heap.

You are right about Magneto, Iron Man, Storm, and Torch. Those four along with that one girl you play with in the end are the most powerful characters.

Spider-man is very powerful, and his web shooting balls are kind of fast, but they are nothing compared to Storm's lightning blasts. mad Uh, facing off against her I got so pissed (where you had to beat her with Wolverine). She just kept on striking me really fast. She stayed in the air basically the whole fight as well. I won that fight by just throwing barrels at her constantly.

batdude123
Originally posted by bigbran
venom sucked.

Yes he did. erm They downplayed him so much. no

jrodslam
Yeah, Daredevil should've been A LOT better than he was. Him, along with Wolverine should've been better. Seriously, they made Wolverine slow as hell and they didn't show off his martial arts ability. For me, Thing was definitely the bottom of the heap.

You are right about Magneto, Iron Man, Storm, and Torch. Those four along with that one girl you play with in the end are the most powerful characters.

Spider-man is very powerful, and his web shooting balls are kind of fast, but they are nothing compared to Storm's lightning blasts. mad Uh, facing off against her I got so pissed (where you had to beat her with Wolverine). She just kept on striking me really fast. She stayed in the air basically the whole fight as well. I won that fight by just throwing barrels at her constantly.

Yea. The combo system in that game is very limited. Some of the Nemesis characters were cool indeed, but i had to stick with the Marvel ones just cause of DD and IM. Storm has to be the cheesiest character in the game. It took me about an hour to beat her in story mode. Thats when i really learned how to perfect the dodge lol. She was about to make me break my controller.laughing

Vemon and Spidey are cool to play with though. I just hope in the next one, they improve the combo system and add more characters.

MvC Spidey wrecks MN Spidey though.

bigbran
i thought hulk, punisher and cap were in the game, i was pretty pissed when i found out they werent.

batdude123
Yea. The combo system in that game is very limited. Some of the Nemesis characters were cool indeed, but i had to stick with the Marvel ones just cause of DD and IM. Storm has to be the cheesiest character in the game. It took me about an hour to beat her in story mode. Thats when i really learned how to perfect the dodge lol. She was about to make me break my controller.laughing

Vemon and Spidey are cool to play with though. I just hope in the next one, they improve the combo system and add more characters.

MvC Spidey wrecks MN Spidey though.

Yeah seriously. mad I was about to bust my controller as well. It was so cheap. Before you could make a move.... BAM! A blast of lightning comes and takes away like a fifth of your health. What was the deal with the health system anyway? Couldn't they have even ATTEMPTED at making a healing factor for Wolverine considering that's one of his main powers? That was stupid as well. All together, it was a pretty good game. Although, I had an easier time as Elektra beating Daredevil, than I had of Daredevil beating Elektra. embarrasment They did downplay Venom though. erm I can pretty much beat any character with any character, but some I just have an easier time doing that with. Magneto for me is the easiest to beat somebody. Seriously, all you have to do is go to an arena with a lot of cars. From there when the fight begins, just pick up a car with his magnetic powers and throw them at the other person. After that, you just keep doing the same damn thing until they're dead. laughing It takes like 15 seconds.

Spider-man DID have some really cool web combos in the rage state however. He could tie up somebody's arms or legs and flip over them and do a bunch of acrobatic stuff. Spider-man's rage was pretty cool. However, I've never played the Capcom vs. Marvel games.

batdude123
i thought hulk, punisher and cap were in the game, i was pretty pissed when i found out they werent.

Yeah, they got killed in the beggining. erm It would've been really cool to play as Cap.

bigbran
or hulk, in a bame like that.

jrodslam
Yeah seriously. mad I was about to bust my controller as well. It was so cheap. Before you could make a move.... BAM! A blast of lightning comes and takes away like a fifth of your health. What was the deal with the health system anyway? Couldn't they have even ATTEMPTED at making a healing factor for Wolverine considering that's one of his main powers? That was stupid as well. All together, it was a pretty good game. Although, I had an easier time as Elektra beating Daredevil, than I had of Daredevil beating Elektra. embarrasment They did downplay Venom though. erm I can pretty much beat any character with any character, but some I just have an easier time doing that with. Magneto for me is the easiest to beat somebody. Seriously, all you have to do is go to an arena with a lot of cars. From there when the fight begins, just pick up a car with his magnetic powers and throw them at the other person. After that, you just keep doing the same damn thing until they're dead. laughing It takes like 15 seconds.

Spider-man DID have some really cool web combos in the rage state however. He could tie up somebody's arms or legs and flip over them and do a bunch of acrobatic stuff. Spider-man's rage was pretty cool. However, I've never played the Capcom vs. Marvel games.

I personally think the X-Men: Next Dimension game is better. Characters are more complete in their moves. Wolverine and Sabes actually get to turn on their healing factors. Plus the combos in that game are sick. I agree with you in saying Nemnesis wasnt a bad game depending on the character you played with. When i played as DD, dodging was my friend(much like how it is in the comics). When i fought people like Elektra, IM, Mags, Torch, Vemon or Spidey, i dodged alot to close the gaps and them deliver a nice ground to air combo for some nice damage.

Mags throwing Tanks and cars is cool till you fight someone who can catch them and throw it back lol. His defence wasnt the best in that game. Iron Man was super coll in it though. He just lacked a few mandatory moves. Spidey and Vemon rage combos are nice, but theres that dam time limit.

Youve never played any of the Marvel vs games? Aww man, youre really missing out on something classic.

X-Men vs Street Fighter
Marvel Superheroes vs Stree Fighter
Marvel vs Capcom
Marvel vs Capcom 2

You gotta try those one day man. Classic! Marvel Superheroes and X-Men:Childern of the Atom are some classics as well.

Dinalfos
Agreed yes

Yeah, a videogame is probably the only instance where Spiderman without cosmic powers gets to defeat someone like Magneto. Still, I love playing as one my favorite super heroes and I will continue to annoy the hell out of my fellow players by using web balls and Spider Stings laughing

A.J
I think theyre all awesome in the game, DD is awesome but you shouldbnt put him against people he shouldnt be faceing, but i can beat everyone in the game with all my best people, im to good at that game its pathetic lol

Tassadar
Agreed yes

Thats nothing, I soloed Juggernaut, Blackheart, and Shuma Gorath with Jill Valentine once, no assists and no specials till the end finisher, the guy I was playing against was a noob

On topic, while Marvel Nemesis sucked as a game, Spiderman was too powerful in it for MvC Spidey to beat him

batdude123
I personally think the X-Men: Next Dimension game is better. Characters are more complete in their moves. Wolverine and Sabes actually get to turn on their healing factors. Plus the combos in that game are sick. I agree with you in saying Nemnesis wasnt a bad game depending on the character you played with. When i played as DD, dodging was my friend(much like how it is in the comics). When i fought people like Elektra, IM, Mags, Torch, Vemon or Spidey, i dodged alot to close the gaps and them deliver a nice ground to air combo for some nice damage.

Mags throwing Tanks and cars is cool till you fight someone who can catch them and throw it back lol. His defence wasnt the best in that game. Iron Man was super coll in it though. He just lacked a few mandatory moves. Spidey and Vemon rage combos are nice, but theres that dam time limit.

Youve never played any of the Marvel vs games? Aww man, youre really missing out on something classic.

X-Men vs Street Fighter
Marvel Superheroes vs Stree Fighter
Marvel vs Capcom
Marvel vs Capcom 2

You gotta try those one day man. Classic! Marvel Superheroes and X-Men:Childern of the Atom are some classics as well.

I've never even heard of X-Men: Next Dimension. blink Sounds cool though. I'll check that out. The one good thing.... actually.... two good things about DD in Marvel Nemesis is the fact that he was quick, and he had a semi-long range attack with his billy-club. Daredevil was also awesome in rage mode. His combos with his billy-club was much like Spider-man's.

Even playing as Magneto against somebody like the Thing, if I would throw the tanks quick enough, he wouldn't be able to catch the tank and so he'd fall over. On top of that, the tank explodes after it's been thrown so while he's on the ground, the tank blows and he loses like a quarter of his health. IMO, Magneto, Iron Man, and Storm are the most powerful. However, I think it was the most fun to play as Wolverine. In rage mode, his claws do some serious damage. I know what you mean about the stupid time limit. That was annoying as hell. erm

I'll look into those game selections you gave me. They sound cool. thumb up

Big Sexy
X-men next dimension was part 3 of the X-men mutant academy series. I remember in part 2 where you could play as Professor X. He could do combos from his wheelchair

Blade Cutter
When I was playing as Spider-man in MN I new how to make it were you could not get out his combos and with the web yank I could link the all together.If I could get in close I could not be beet.I was ranked number one Xbox Live until I sold my Xbox so I could get my 360.

H. S. 6
Nemesis Spidey wins. They made him uber in that game, I think, to attract more fans. messed

batdude123
Originally posted by Blade Cutter
When I was playing as Spider-man in MN I new how to make it were you could not get out his combos and with the web yank I could link the all together.If I could get in close I could not be beet.I was ranked number one Xbox Live until I sold my Xbox so I could get my 360.

I bet I could beat you with Magneto. stick out tongue

Broly92
Marvel vs. Capcom Spidey wins he can get two other characters to do a combo with him

batdude123
That teleporting girl is pretty good too.

grey fox
Originally posted by Big Sexy
X-men next dimension was part 3 of the X-men mutant academy series. I remember in part 2 where you could play as Professor X. He could do combos from his wheelchair

I remember that , it was funny as hell.

Although the combo's were annoying....

grey fox
Originally posted by Broly92
Marvel vs. Capcom Spidey wins he can get two other characters to do a combo with him

Get Morrigan and Ryu .

Blair Wind
I just got the game....Havent had time to really play it though, but I kicked my brothers ass when he was Spidy. Out of the characters that you get right off the bat, I liked the Johnny guy.

But the combos are lacking, and MvsC was a REALLY quick spidy....plus you could set it up to do a one button combo, and its over. From my limited exposure to MN spidy I would have to say MvsC spidy

(btw what can you do in rage that you cant do normally? and how?)

X-men Next Dimension takes FOREVER to load though....favorite X games have to be the legends duo...

grey fox
Originally posted by Blair Wind
I just got the game....Havent had time to really play it though, but I kicked my brothers ass when he was Spidy. Out of the characters that you get right off the bat, I liked the Johnny guy.

But the combos are lacking, and MvsC was a REALLY quick spidy....plus you could set it up to do a one button combo, and its over. From my limited exposure to MN spidy I would have to say MvsC spidy

X-men Next Dimension takes FOREVER to load though....favorite X games have to be the legends duo...

I haven't got the game but judging by what people are saying and the usual effects rage has in video games it probably amps your stats and allows you to do better combos/finishers under a certain time limit.

batdude123

Yeah, Johnny Ohm is pretty cool in that game. The rage factor amps your damage on your hits, makes you become faster, and opens up new finishers/combos for different characters. The only downside to the rage thing is that it has a limited time.

Blair Wind
I know it amps you up...but the combos are funny in the first place... (mostly l1 and r1 right?) eh I guess Ill learn...just havent gotten a chance to play it...

batdude123
I know it amps you up...but the combos are funny in the first place... (mostly l1 and r1 right?) eh I guess Ill learn...just havent gotten a chance to play it...

Yeah, combos with Spider-man in the rage mode are really good. He uses his webs in the combos and they do a sh*t load of damage. Also with spider-man you can link a bunch of combos together by web yanking your opponent.

Milkie
How come sometimes Spider-Man is web slinging in thin air...

http://content.answers.com/main/content/wp/en/2/28/Spider-Man_new.JPG

http://images.movieeye.com/store/images/Spiderman-a-.jpg

http://www.macgamezone.com/images/tests/spiderman/03.jpg

Random Pictures: Japanese Spider-Man

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/stuart/spiderman/spiderman2.jpg

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/stuart/spiderman/spiderman3.jpg

Marveller...
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/stuart/spiderman/leo1.jpg

Spider Machine GP-7
http://incolor.inetnebr.com/stuart/spiderman/car.jpg

jrodslam
MvC Spidey is faster.
MvC Spidey has way more combos.
MvC Spidey has more moves (spider-sting, web-ball, web-ball in air, web-throw, web-swing).
MvC Spidey has 3 specials compared to MN Spidey's 1.

batdude123
MvC Spidey is faster.
MvC Spidey has way more combos.
MvC Spidey has more moves (spider-sting, web-ball, web-ball in air, web-throw, web-swing).
MvC Spidey has 3 specials compared to MN Spidey's 1.

MN Spidey is just as fast, has all those combos, and in rage mode, has a lot of specials. You just need to know how to play with him. You can link a bunch of combos with that Spider-man by using the web yank.

Takion
Originally posted by grey fox
Get Morrigan and Ryu .
Ken and RYU. mad

grey fox
Originally posted by Takion
Ken and RYU. mad

No Morrigan.

Darkstalkers rules cool

batdude123
Tekken is better than Street Fighter. cool

jrodslam
MN Spidey is just as fast, has all those combos, and in rage mode, has a lot of specials. You just need to know how to play with him. You can link a bunch of combos with that Spider-man by using the web yank.

no MN Spidey just as fast? Hell no. Unless youre talking about running wise that is. You say he has alot of specials in rage mode? I could have sworn the characters only had 1 special. I do know how to play with Spidey in the game and trust me, he doesnt have nearly as many combos as MvC Spidey does.

How can you say all of this and you mentioned that youve never played any of the crossover games?confused

batdude123
no MN Spidey just as fast? Hell no. Unless youre talking about running wise that is. You say he has alot of specials in rage mode? I could have sworn the characters only had 1 special. I do know how to play with Spidey in the game and trust me, he doesnt have nearly as many combos as MvC Spidey does.

How can you say all of this and you mentioned that youve never played any of the crossover games?confused

shifty

bigbran
can you get apoc in x-men next dimension because i seen it and tried a bull sh** code and it didnt work.
wolves sucked in mn.

jrodslam
Apoc in Next Dimension? Not that i know of. Never even heard he was in the game.

batdude123
can you get apoc in x-men next dimension because i seen it and tried a bull sh** code and it didnt work.
wolves sucked in mn.

Yeah, they downplayed him a lot. erm However, as Wolverine I was able to pwn anybody. big grin With Wolverine's character, they could've at least tried to make a healing factor for him.

bigbran
apoc is in the egytion level, thats y i thought he was in the game.

jrodslam
Yeah, they downplayed him a lot. erm However, as Wolverine I was able to pwn anybody. big grin With Wolverine's character, they could've at least tried to make a healing factor for him.

Wait a minute. Wait a dam minute! Im currently playing MN right now and come to find out Wolvie DOES have a healing factor. His life very slowly regenerates. But it does regenerate. eek!

Wanna test it? Go to vs mode 1p vs 2p and test it.

batdude123
Wait a minute. Wait a dam minute! Im currently playing MN right now and come to find out Wolvie DOES have a healing factor. His life very slowly regenerates. But it does regenerate. eek!

Wanna test it? Go to vs mode 1p vs 2p and test it.

WHAT!!!!!!!!!???????? He has a healing factor????? eek! This is awesome! Happy Dance

batdude123
Yeah, but I think everybody's life slowly regenerates. erm

batdude123
Triple post.

jrodslam
Yeah, but I think everybody's life slowly regenerates. erm

No. So far, its only Wolvies i see tghat regenerates.

Sea King
i have mn on psps is their any diffrence between it on ps2 then psp???

jrodslam
^ Beats me.

Takion
Should'nt this thread belong in the Video-Game versus forums?

batdude123
Originally posted by Takion
Should'nt this thread belong in the Video-Game versus forums?

Shouldn't you mind your own business?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.